FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > can anyone else use our landline number?

can anyone else use our landline number?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *sm OP   Woman  over a year ago

.somewhere in Cornwall

over the last 2 months we have been getting calls from companies asking for H SMITH ( not the real name) we repeatingly tell them she is not at this address and never has been.

we had had this number for over 10 years,

rang my provider and they told me to tell H SMITH to not use this number?!!!!!!! some help that was...

so can anyone use my number? any advice on how to stop it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

maybe theyve done a typo on a CV or something .. all i can think of

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

They may have accidently filled their number in wrong somewhere.... or not so accidently changed a digit when giving their number so as to avoid cold calls.

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I get this and like you have had the number(s) for years.

Ask the company who they are, before saying that you are not H Smith, then ask which number they are dialling. If it is your number, tell them that the number in question has not been used by that person. Also advise that if they continue to ring that you will report them to Ofcom for making nuisance calls.

If you require any further help PM me

By *sm OP   Woman  over a year ago

.somewhere in Cornwall

"I get this and like you have had the number(s) for years.

Ask the company who they are, before saying that you are not H Smith, then ask which number they are dialling. If it is your number, tell them that the number in question has not been used by that person. Also advise that if they continue to ring that you will report them to Ofcom for making nuisance calls.

If you require any further help PM me"

thanks Pet I'll try that.. and if it carries on I'll pm you. x

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Maybe it was W H Smith, so don't be surprised if a truckload of Biros end up on your doorstep come Monday morning

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

"I get this and like you have had the number(s) for years.

If you require any further help PM me"

I agree with this. I own a small business and I keep getting calls for a chap called Jack Fairclough, I've got to know him very well these last 6 months.

I follow the advise you have been given, but in truth it hasn't stopped the calls as I get them off various companies all to do with loans or insurance.

Most are very good about it, claim it's a mistake and will blocvk the call but point out that the number is doing the mailing circulation.

None have so far offered to loan me any money when I have told them to simply use the address and bank details they have for the mysterious Mr Fairclough.

By *ctavius StuntMan  over a year ago

london

you can register your number with the telephone preference service. easy to find on line. if your number is on a list that is being sold onto companys registering your number would put a stop to the calls.

By *orkieMan  over a year ago

Who knows

Put on a foreign accent and offer to help them reclaim their PPI

» Add a new message to this topic