FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ring Doorbells: Worth it?

Ring Doorbells: Worth it?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thinking I might get one. Just wondering if they’re beneficial

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustauseerTV/TS  over a year ago

Sedgmoor

Do you have any other smart home stuff in your house?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ever had a parcel nicked? Is your door to far from the sofa? Do you enjoy the hassle of wifi shenanigans? so many things to consider. My house is stuffed of smart tech, the doorbell is probably the most annoying of the lot

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

They need a subscription to work fully: no subscription, then a very limited use.

"Do you have any other smart home stuff in your house?"

No, Alexa would freak me out

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Our ring doorbell has been ok. £25 per year subscription so you can view any motion notifications etc. That's going up to £40 so will be cancelling. As far as we are aware, we can still answer the door bell remotely. It's just clips are stored in the cloud and we'll no longer have access to these. Not a major loss tbh

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden

"Our ring doorbell has been ok. £25 per year subscription so you can view any motion notifications etc. That's going up to £40 so will be cancelling. As far as we are aware, we can still answer the door bell remotely. It's just clips are stored in the cloud and we'll no longer have access to these. Not a major loss tbh"

"Our ring doorbell has been ok. £25 per year subscription so you can view any motion notifications etc. That's going up to £40 so will be cancelling. As far as we are aware, we can still answer the door bell remotely. It's just clips are stored in the cloud and we'll no longer have access to these. Not a major loss tbh"

Ahh thanks. I was thinking it might have a good deterrence effect to dodgy behaviour just outside the door, mostly

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

My doorbell rings, yes.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

Doorbells are definitely useful for when somebody is at the door and wants yo come in. If you like that sort of thing, get a doorbell.

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

We install these as add-ons to our systems and the only down side is that you have to subscribe to the Amazon cloud once your initial month is over.

They have some great offers with the doorbell and Echo show from time to time but you may need to fit a transformer if your current doorbell unit isn't the correct voltage.

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

It's been invaluable for us whilst WFH and can't answer the door to either salesmen or couriers.

Combined with our CCTV set ups, I'd not be without it now.

Don't have one on my flat though as that has controlled entry

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Fitted one at my daughter's a few months ago because she was having issues with an ex breaching a court order. Just the fact of having it there and that it is visible gives her peace of mind.

"Doorbells are definitely useful for when somebody is at the door and wants yo come in. If you like that sort of thing, get a doorbell. "

Yes, I can see that now, it’s all become clear, cheers

By *homas_enigmaMan  over a year ago

South Cheshire

I wouldn't touch a Ring doorbell with a bargepole, partly because you lose all legal protections for the video because a legal entity incorporated outside the UK has no obligations in respect of the UK GDPR, but also because of the ongoing subscription costs.

Get a SkyBell instead, I've bought two - same benefits, video can be downloaded to wherever you want to store it indefinitely and no subscription costs.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Cebu City

"They need a subscription to work fully: no subscription, then a very limited use."

And won’t they all be banned soon under data protection , your burglar & postman will sue you for filming them without permission

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

All my technology is on strike with occasional services running as normal.

» Add a new message to this topic