FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > My Year of Rest and Relaxation

My Year of Rest and Relaxation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone read this book?

I’ve been excited to read it for a while- thought it would definitely be up my street. I was wrong. Very wrong. To me? It’s absolutely terrible.

I understand thé concept; it’s just incredibly poorly executed. I’ve nearly finished it; but heaven give me strength.

The writer also has a similar writing style to me now I worry myself lmao.

Anyone read it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Anyone read this book?

I’ve been excited to read it for a while- thought it would definitely be up my street. I was wrong. Very wrong. To me? It’s absolutely terrible.

I understand thé concept; it’s just incredibly poorly executed. I’ve nearly finished it; but heaven give me strength.

Anyone read it? "

There’s a clue in a review which talks about a narcotics filled year of rest and relaxation…. That’s not R&R it’s self abuse, so I understand why you didn’t like the book!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Anyone read this book?

Anyone read it?

There’s a clue in a review which talks about a narcotics filled year of rest and relaxation…. That’s not R&R it’s self abuse, so I understand why you didn’t like the book!

"

Honestly; I can’t pinpoint WHY I don’t like it, y’know? It’s not the narcotics, I’m fine with that. I think its because of the setting. The whole New York setting is played out. The way thé main character constantly talks about how pretty and skinny she is. EUGH.

» Add a new message to this topic