FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Disorder at Greggs

Disorder at Greggs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

The sausage roll company called Gregg's had hoped to open a 24 hour store in London but local police say it could result in disorder..

They don't sell booze so what's the issue

What's going on here guys ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Misquote. They work 24 hours so the police would like to place this order.

Thinking of pieing this thread

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

There's a 24 hour one in Newcastle

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"The sausage roll company called Gregg's had hoped to open a 24 hour store in London but local police say it could result in disorder..

They don't sell booze so what's the issue

What's going on here guys ?"

It'll only result in disorder if people don't know their cheese and bean slices from their sausage rolls.

Otherwise I imagine the orders will be very orderly.

A

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Steak bake at 4am?

Madness

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Given a vegan roll can cause Piers to go mad, I can't imagine what would happen if someone got a veggie slice after a few bevviwrs.

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

Its getting pasty joke now

"There's a 24 hour one in Newcastle "

Leading the way as usual

The disorder will result from someone getting given a vegan sausage roll (aka Diarrhoea pastie) by mistake, coupled with post pub inebriation.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Steak bake at 4am?

Madness "

The Newcastle stores have bouncers on them… I’ve been up to Glasgow and seen the same…

One in one out.. and we are not talking about people!!!

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

Who would want to eat anything from greggs at any time

"Who would want to eat anything from greggs at any time "

Normal people.

here

"Steak bake at 4am?

Madness

The Newcastle stores have bouncers on them… I’ve been up to Glasgow and seen the same…

One in one out.. and we are not talking about people!!! "

Clayton Street chippie is far more civilised

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Wouldn’t say no to a peach Melba if you are offering!!

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

The place is frequented by the cream of society. I really can't imagine what sort of trouble the police expect

It's the sex, drugs and sausage rolls that's done it

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

we can't see a gp, we have a 36 hour wait in a and e but we have 24 hour access to baked goods.

here

"we can't see a gp, we have a 36 hour wait in a and e but we have 24 hour access to baked goods. "

Chelmsford

Greggs is a really popular place to eat and gives fair value. Tom is in no way a snob but it does seem to be the poor who eat there in his opinion. You won't often see a man in a suit in there that's for sure. Professional people would more likely use an independent baker or sandwich shop that sell better coffee.

"Greggs is a really popular place to eat and gives fair value. Tom is in no way a snob but it does seem to be the poor who eat there in his opinion. You won't often see a man in a suit in there that's for sure. Professional people would more likely use an independent baker or sandwich shop that sell better coffee."

The poor? A sausage roll has more than quadrupled in price since I was a bairn. The poor can’t afford Gregg’s.

"Greggs is a really popular place to eat and gives fair value. Tom is in no way a snob but it does seem to be the poor who eat there in his opinion. You won't often see a man in a suit in there that's for sure. Professional people would more likely use an independent baker or sandwich shop that sell better coffee."

That's not true. We often see office workers in suits queuing in Greggs at lunch time. We had Greggs at our wedding, And my husband went to collect them in all his finery as did his best man.

By *topthepressMan  over a year ago

MANCHESTER

I wonder if the staff will be paid extra for night work I doubt it

"I wonder if the staff will be paid extra for night work I doubt it "

They probably will actually Greggs are quite good employers and treat their staff well.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

If you can tell me somewhere that sells decent coffee Tom I'm all ears.

I've on!y been in Greggs once but there seemed to be a wide variety of people in there.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"we can't see a gp, we have a 36 hour wait in a and e but we have 24 hour access to baked goods. "

What more could one wish for, in a developed society?!

Chelmsford

Well it's Interesting to hear about the regional differences. Down here it would be very strange to see a man in a suit queuing at a Gregg's. People would definitely stare and even take photos on their mobile phones. These northern types are very different of course.

"I wonder if the staff will be paid extra for night work I doubt it

They probably will actually Greggs are quite good employers and treat their staff well. "

The Gregg’s factory is near me and they get paid quite a decent wage for night shifts.

MANCHESTER

"Greggs is a really popular place to eat and gives fair value. Tom is in no way a snob but it does seem to be the poor who eat there in his opinion. You won't often see a man in a suit in there that's for sure. Professional people would more likely use an independent baker or sandwich shop that sell better coffee.

I've on!y been in Greggs once but there seemed to be a wide variety of people in there."

I agree not found anywhere in the UK that does decent coffee

"Greggs is a really popular place to eat and gives fair value. Tom is in no way a snob but it does seem to be the poor who eat there in his opinion. You won't often see a man in a suit in there that's for sure. Professional people would more likely use an independent baker or sandwich shop that sell better coffee.

I've on!y been in Greggs once but there seemed to be a wide variety of people in there."

I like Greggs coffee and McDonald's coffee for that matter. Reasonable price, and not bad at all.

MANCHESTER

I've on!y been in Greggs once but there seemed to be a wide variety of people in there.

I like Greggs coffee and McDonald's coffee for that matter. Reasonable price, and not bad at all. "

your joking looks and tastes like brown water

"Well it's Interesting to hear about the regional differences. Down here it would be very strange to see a man in a suit queuing at a Gregg's. People would definitely stare and even take photos on their mobile phones. These northern types are very different of course. "

Well we live in a fairly affluent part of London and I can assure you get men in suits and women in expensive outfits in Greggs.

I like Greggs coffee and McDonald's coffee for that matter. Reasonable price, and not bad at all. your joking looks and tastes like brown water"

No I'm not joking and I don't think it's fun to take the Mickey out of what other people like.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I stopped going to Greggs when they refused to serve the cheese savoury roll without a rasher of crispy bacon on the top

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I like Greggs coffee and McDonald's coffee for that matter. Reasonable price, and not bad at all. "

I haven't had McDonald's coffee for a very long time and I've never had Greggs. I might give them a go, they can't be worse than some of the stuff I've been served recently

MANCHESTER

I like Greggs coffee and McDonald's coffee for that matter. Reasonable price, and not bad at all. your joking looks and tastes like brown water

No I'm not joking and I don't think it's fun to take the Mickey out of what other people like. "

looks like you know nothing about coffee do you

I like Greggs coffee and McDonald's coffee for that matter. Reasonable price, and not bad at all.

I haven't had McDonald's coffee for a very long time and I've never had Greggs. I might give them a go, they can't be worse than some of the stuff I've been served recently "

Honestly give it a go, I mean it's not exactly life changing however for the price I think it's really good. I have to say the best coffee I've had recently has been at Gales.

I haven't had McDonald's coffee for a very long time and I've never had Greggs. I might give them a go, they can't be worse than some of the stuff I've been served recently "

Sausage baguette and a cappuccino from Gregg’s is my go to hangover cure.

I like Greggs coffee and McDonald's coffee for that matter. Reasonable price, and not bad at all. your joking looks and tastes like brown water

No I'm not joking and I don't think it's fun to take the Mickey out of what other people like. looks like you know nothing about coffee do you "

I don't need to! I'm not sorry about snobby about these things, I do however know what I like and I'm not embarrassed by that.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Me. It's mostly pastry with a filling. Nothing unusual there.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I haven't had McDonald's coffee for a very long time and I've never had Greggs. I might give them a go, they can't be worse than some of the stuff I've been served recently

Honestly give it a go, I mean it's not exactly life changing however for the price I think it's really good. I have to say the best coffee I've had recently has been at Gales. "

Well I've been charged over £3 for some very indifferent stuff. I love coffee but finding a decent cup outside of home is hard. I can't get a Greggs but next time I'm near a McDonald's I'll try one. Just don't ask me to eat a burger

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Sausage baguette and a cappuccino from Gregg’s is my go to hangover cure."

I would hate a sausage baguette but I'd have an iced bun and a coffee.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

No I'm not joking and I don't think it's fun to take the Mickey out of what other people like. looks like you know nothing about coffee do you "

What's there to know?

You drink a cup, then you decide if you like it or not.

Some people like a bitter coffee, some like smooth, some like the one that comes from an animals bum.

MANCHESTER

France Italy Spain 1 euro for real coffee

I would hate a sausage baguette but I'd have an iced bun and a coffee. "

Bacon and buns/rolls/barms are also available and you get it with a coffee for about £3.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Bacon and buns/rolls/barms are also available and you get it with a coffee for about £3."

WHAT! why have I never been informed of this? Could I get an iced bun and a coffee for £3?

Bacon and buns/rolls/barms are also available and you get it with a coffee for about £3.

WHAT! why have I never been informed of this? Could I get an iced bun and a coffee for £3? "

I’m not sure the iced bun is on the breakfast menu but you could probably buy them separately for around the same price.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

WHAT! why have I never been informed of this? Could I get an iced bun and a coffee for £3?

I’m not sure the iced bun is on the breakfast menu but you could probably buy them separately for around the same price."

I just looked at their website. I didn't realise we have a Greggs quite close handy. It's not somewhere I'd eat often but sometimes a cup of hot coffee and a cake just hits the spot.

"France Italy Spain 1 euro for real coffee"

No you will not get a very decent cup of coffee in Spain for €1. I don't like the coffee in Spain so its horses for courses isn't it.

I’m not sure the iced bun is on the breakfast menu but you could probably buy them separately for around the same price.

I just looked at their website. I didn't realise we have a Greggs quite close handy. It's not somewhere I'd eat often but sometimes a cup of hot coffee and a cake just hits the spot."

Honestly give it a go, as I said it won't change your world but for the price it's really tasty and good value for money especially if you just want something convenient, quick and cheap. My husband is a Gregg's addict and we even had Greg sausage rolls at our wedding.

I just looked at their website. I didn't realise we have a Greggs quite close handy. It's not somewhere I'd eat often but sometimes a cup of hot coffee and a cake just hits the spot."

I don’t actually go there often but as a Geordie I’m legally obligated to give them free advertising

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I just looked at their website. I didn't realise we have a Greggs quite close handy. It's not somewhere I'd eat often but sometimes a cup of hot coffee and a cake just hits the spot.

Honestly give it a go, as I said it won't change your world but for the price it's really tasty and good value for money especially if you just want something convenient, quick and cheap. My husband is a Gregg's addict and we even had Greg sausage rolls at our wedding. "

I'm rarely nearby but I definitely will.

As I said earlier it's so difficult to get decent coffee. A lot of places don't use enough coffee in an effort to get you to buy an extra shot

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"France Italy Spain 1 euro for real coffee"

I have had some really bad coffee in Italy, France. Spain, UK, Ireland, Mexico, Thailand, Cambodia, US, Cuba, Germany, Austria, Portugal to name a few. I have also had some great coffee in all of the above.

You like what you like whatever the bean and brewing method. Accepting that not everyone is the same, is how you can go and try your different coffees, the rest of the people have been catered for

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

the MET are just upset because greggs don't sell quality doughnuts

"the MET are just upset because greggs don't sell quality doughnuts "

Oh now there's no need for that kind of language! I love a Greggs iced ring.

Greggs triple chocolate doughnut..

Banging

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"France Italy Spain 1 euro for real coffee

No you will not get a very decent cup of coffee in Spain for €1. I don't like the coffee in Spain so its horses for courses isn't it. "

I get decent free cups of coffee in Spain all the time

"Greggs triple chocolate doughnut..

Banging"

Oh now your talking.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Went to Southport yesterday with my kids, they were devastated that it didn’t have a Greggs. So a 24 hour one would be fine for them.

When did the Greggs on Lord St, Southport close?

Tried my first veggie sausage roll there, good memories hahaha

I will frequent Greggs if I am on a road trip. I must be common..

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

"When did the Greggs on Lord St, Southport close?

Tried my first veggie sausage roll there, good memories hahaha"

Looked on my phone for the nearest Greggs and it didn’t show any in the area. My youngest didn’t get his sausage roll (he’s autistic so will only have Greggs) so he was sad for a good 5 minutes. Until I got him a Happy Meal at Maccies.

If there’s a Greggs in Southport I’d love to know for future visits.

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

I wouldn’t spend any cash in greggs as the owner is a dirty nonce

"When did the Greggs on Lord St, Southport close?

Tried my first veggie sausage roll there, good memories hahaha

Looked on my phone for the nearest Greggs and it didn’t show any in the area. My youngest didn’t get his sausage roll (he’s autistic so will only have Greggs) so he was sad for a good 5 minutes. Until I got him a Happy Meal at Maccies.

If there’s a Greggs in Southport I’d love to know for future visits. "

There is a greggs at the BP garage on the formby bypass, at the roundabout for freshfield - possibly the nearest now

"I wouldn’t spend any cash in greggs as the owner is a dirty nonce "

I really don't think that that is the case.

darlington

"I wouldn’t spend any cash in greggs as the owner is a dirty nonce

I really don't think that that is the case. "

what isn’t ? The fact the the heir to greggs is a convicted nonce

"I wouldn’t spend any cash in greggs as the owner is a dirty nonce "

Wasn’t that his son? He lives in a massive house in Jesmond.

darlington

Wasn’t that his son? He lives in a massive house in Jesmond."

that’s him son and heir to the business he helped build in the 1960s hence I won’t spend money on their shops I’m more of a copelands guy myself

I really don't think that that is the case. what isn’t ? The fact the the heir to greggs is a convicted nonce "

So the founders son who now has nothing to do with the business not the owner of Greggs then.

Wasn’t that his son? He lives in a massive house in Jesmond. that’s him son and heir to the business he helped build in the 1960s hence I won’t spend money on their shops I’m more of a copelands guy myself "

He was jailed in 2017 for 13 years. I don’t think he’ll even be a shareholder now.

Wasn’t that his son? He lives in a massive house in Jesmond. that’s him son and heir to the business he helped build in the 1960s hence I won’t spend money on their shops I’m more of a copelands guy myself

He was jailed in 2017 for 13 years. I don’t think he’ll even be a shareholder now."

I’ve just googled it and he has no involvement in the company whatsoever and hasn’t for “many years”.

I only remember being told to stay clear of his house growing up in Newcastle.

darlington

Wasn’t that his son? He lives in a massive house in Jesmond. that’s him son and heir to the business he helped build in the 1960s hence I won’t spend money on their shops I’m more of a copelands guy myself

He was jailed in 2017 for 13 years. I don’t think he’ll even be a shareholder now.

I’ve just googled it and he has no involvement in the company whatsoever and hasn’t for “many years”.

I only remember being told to stay clear of his house growing up in Newcastle."

it seems the locals in Newcastle knew about him and warned their kids to keep away

I only remember being told to stay clear of his house growing up in Newcastle. it seems the locals in Newcastle knew about him and warned their kids to keep away "

I think there was accusations for years but only actually convicted in 2017.

darlington

I only remember being told to stay clear of his house growing up in Newcastle. it seems the locals in Newcastle knew about him and warned their kids to keep away

I think there was accusations for years but only actually convicted in 2017."

a friend used to work for a big meat distributor up your way and said before the allegations came out about him that he was a wrong un and people at the company (greggs) hated him wasn’t exactly secret by all accounts what he was up to

I only remember being told to stay clear of his house growing up in Newcastle. it seems the locals in Newcastle knew about him and warned their kids to keep away

I think there was accusations for years but only actually convicted in 2017. a friend used to work for a big meat distributor up your way and said before the allegations came out about him that he was a wrong un and people at the company (greggs) hated him wasn’t exactly secret by all accounts what he was up to "

He’s was a teacher. I’m not sure how much influence he had at Gregg’s but it seems anyone with access to money was free to do what they wanted back then.

darlington

I think there was accusations for years but only actually convicted in 2017. a friend used to work for a big meat distributor up your way and said before the allegations came out about him that he was a wrong un and people at the company (greggs) hated him wasn’t exactly secret by all accounts what he was up to

He’s was a teacher. I’m not sure how much influence he had at Gregg’s but it seems anyone with access to money was free to do what they wanted back then."

it seems plenty got swept under the carpet but it sounds like it wasn’t exactly a secret what type of person he was by all accounts he’s nothing to do with greggs now so perhaps I’ll pop in for a pasty

» Add a new message to this topic