FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Peoples way of thinking

Peoples way of thinking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Maybe a controversial topic, but each to their own..

I have read numerous threads, profiles of both genders.

It amuses me how instead of trying to support each other, sometimes people are intent on putting the other gender(s) down, in terms of profile, pictures, how they write comments.

You're right, some comments I get myself are some what to be desired, however I do not degrade them.

It's meant to be light hearted fun, and nobody is better than anybody else, so in my view people should be treated with respect and kindness.

Happy Sunday, enjoy the football, roast or whatever you are doing

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Thanks grasshopper

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Your not wrong but unfortunately it won't change and some people think they are above everybody else for some reason

Miss S x

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Agreed we should all be supportive and kind to each other! Much nicer feeling being nice to others x

By *isiek 777Man  over a year ago

Telford

Some crumb of hope for this site

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

It is about individual rights and hurt feelings rather than everyone has the same rights.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Meh, sometimes people enjoy a whinge or a vent, sometimes people are just miserable cunts . I just crack on and enjoy myself.

By *rettyflamingoCouple  over a year ago

Where the flamboyance of flamingos live

"It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice"

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Helps filter out who you dont need in your life

I don't think it's controversial, I think it's generally how a large section of society behaves.

Schadenfreude...if you're not already aware is a really interesting term relating to the fact that some get more joy out of others failure than success.

I suppose we should focus on how we conduct ourselves and let others portray themselves as who they are?

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Is it meant to be light hearted? It’s sex, that’s serious stuff!

Indeed, always will be people who thrive of other people's failure etc, and yes you can't change other people but you can change how you respond/react

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Maybe a controversial topic, but each to their own..

I have read numerous threads, profiles of both genders.

It amuses me how instead of trying to support each other, sometimes people are intent on putting the other gender(s) down, in terms of profile, pictures, how they write comments.

You're right, some comments I get myself are some what to be desired, however I do not degrade them.

It's meant to be light hearted fun, and nobody is better than anybody else, so in my view people should be treated with respect and kindness.

Happy Sunday, enjoy the football, roast or whatever you are doing "

When people put other genders down it's generally because of the way they feel they've been treated by them.

Some men bemoan not getting replies from women, not getting attention and meets and complain that women have it far easier, so develop a negative view of them.

Some women bemoan the way men message them, react when rejected, harass in clubs and have unrealistic expectations that just because a woman is on here that they'll meet anyone.

It's a common pattern that always has, and always will occur for some people.

But equally there are plenty of helpful and supportive people who don't base their views on an entire gender on the actions of a few.

It'll never change.

A

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Why should we all be supportive though?

Are we supposed to be supportive of every stranger we meet on the street regardless of how they act?

I'm not big on putting people down for the sake of it but very often it can be warranted especially when there is a lack of balance.

The whole "be nice" mantra is usually bandied about by people who like to deflect from their own nastiness and the " if you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything" trope is another way of enabling the agressor.

The problem with a site like this is that too much emphasis is put on lip service and fanny blindness is a common affliction.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"Why should we all be supportive though?

Are we supposed to be supportive of every stranger we meet on the street regardless of how they act?

I'm not big on putting people down for the sake of it but very often it can be warranted especially when there is a lack of balance.

The whole "be nice" mantra is usually bandied about by people who like to deflect from their own nastiness and the " if you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything" trope is another way of enabling the agressor.

The problem with a site like this is that too much emphasis is put on lip service and fanny blindness is a common affliction. "

Cos it's nice to b nice? Not just here but through life? It's the way I shall go anyways x

"

Depends how you look at it, everyone has a different aspect on life. For me, everyone has a reason for acting the way they do, and as much as I'm not here to support everyone, it's about moral support when people may need it.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Depends how you look at it, everyone has a different aspect on life. For me, everyone has a reason for acting the way they do, and as much as I'm not here to support everyone, it's about moral support when people may need it. "

Absolutely no problem with offering moral support to those who genuinely need it but the cynic in me has seen too many professional victims on here to throw out blanket support.

Everyone has a different view and opinion which is their own. I am not here to advocate for them, nor support toxic people. However when people jump on the bandwagon being very critical of people, it just show their true character

I try not to think its dangerous

» Add a new message to this topic