FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What Changes have you made or plan to make..

What Changes have you made or plan to make..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

In relation to the way you live your life and spend your money. We all know the cost of things are going up so I just wondered if anyone had any tips Or helpful insights. We did a little bit of an audit of our bank accounts to check exactly what was going out and to see if anything was unnecessary and managed to save quite a bit of money. I didn't think we had anything that we didn't use but the reality was we did.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've started cutting back on certain things food shop wise.

Not huge savings, but it adds up as you go.

Always been a stickler for turning stuff off to save on the leccy, and walk to town instead of driving. Stuff like that

"I've started cutting back on certain things food shop wise.

Not huge savings, but it adds up as you go.

Always been a stickler for turning stuff off to save on the leccy, and walk to town instead of driving. Stuff like that "

I did the same with electric, I unplugged everything apart from fridge. I monitor my meter as I got a electric key. I used seven pound less than the week before. So now everything's unplugged

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Pretty much none.

You're a long time dead and a short time living.

Whilst it pays to have a 'plan B' if you live your life worrying about having enough money you run the risk of having a healthy bank balance and an unhealthy life. I know some people who have cut all unnecessary expenses out of their life and it's killing them mentally.

There needs to be balance.

A

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Nothing planned at the moment but if circumstances change i'll adapt if i need to

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I hang round the bargain shelf a little more often at my local Sainsburys than is good for me.

Can also spot a yellow sticker from a very long distance now.

"Nothing planned at the moment but if circumstances change i'll adapt if i need to "

Pretty much where we are at to be honest. As I say we did check the bank accounts but that should have been done a long time ago, We have also changed some providers Will we go to contacts on things that we were out of contract with but again we probably should have done that anyway.

Got rid of sky and saved 70 quid a month

This time when I have been paid I’ve done a spreadsheet of outgoings and what I get in, set a budget and it’s really made me think about what I’m spending . I’ve gone a fiver over this week which is pretty good for me

"I hang round the bargain shelf a little more often at my local Sainsburys than is good for me.

Can also spot a yellow sticker from a very long distance now. "

I've always done this and the key is to only buy things you will eat that day or can be frozen. I can lot of premium products but don't have the budget for them as an everyday so I buy them as treats when they are yellow sticked and pop them in the freezer.

"Got rid of sky and saved 70 quid a month

This time when I have been paid I’ve done a spreadsheet of outgoings and what I get in, set a budget and it’s really made me think about what I’m spending . I’ve gone a fiver over this week which is pretty good for me "

We managed to keep sky but saved an absolute fortune when I phoned them up and threatened to leave.

Apart from switching from brands to supermarket's own I haven't really done anything else.

"Apart from switching from brands to supermarket's own I haven't really done anything else. "

We have already done that and I often find the quality just as good if not sometimes better.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

We really need to switch from Virgo Media to another supplier, they are fleecing us for £120 a month!!

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

Some bastard, somewhere, is getting very rich off normal people's misery, pushing folk into poverty. I've cut everything to the bone, and I'll be OK, but I worry for my eldest daughter. I'll be expecting to sub her some money soon.

"We really need to switch from Virgo Media to another supplier, they are fleecing us for £120 a month!! "

If you're out of contract then yes you absolutely do.

I pay six quid a month for my mobile and not a penny more, my mate has a fifty five quid contract that does the same thing!

I got rid of overdraft, if i cant afford it i go without

I was already doing most of the things people like Martin Lewis are recommending. I have to as my income is very limited and living frugally is second nature now. The only changes I recently made was unplugging appliances and chargers when not in use, filling a flask of hot water in the morning rather than boiling the kettle many times throughout the day, and driving a wee bit slower.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Shop around each year for things such as insurance.

Bought electric bikes

Flask for hot water to save boiling the kettle so much

Slow cooker for meals

Washing machine at low temperature

Showers at the gym instead of home

Electric throws for when it gets cold

Recycling condoms

By *reat me rightWoman  over a year ago

Rotherham

Switching off appliances at the wall in between uses. Haunt the reduced aisle in the local shops (Mondays are usually a good day for cheap good meat). Been through my direct debits etc and cancelled a few (Internet at 18 month adds up). Sold a lot of my collection of paperweights and Teddy bears, intended to take Small to Disney but the money will end up being used for something else because of this crisis.

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

"We really need to switch from Virgo Media to another supplier, they are fleecing us for £120 a month!! "

If you are out of contract ..call them and ask for customer retentions as you want to leave

» Add a new message to this topic