FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Tyrone, grow a pair, lol

Tyrone, grow a pair, lol

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackandkate OP   Couple  over a year ago

Truro

anybody watching Corrie?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

try being the bloke on the reciving end of it m8 i was for and it took me 6 years to get away from her

I was involved with a nutter back in the 80's . Horrible stuff

By *ngel Devil69Couple  over a year ago

Manilva

Guess it's easy to say when you've not been in that situation?

Abuse in any form is wrong, I've been on the receiving end of it, it hurts, it's demoralising, it leaves you feeling traumatised and without any confidence, for a long time I thought that was all men did "hurt" but I'm beginning to realise that's not true.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"anybody watching Corrie? "
Pssssssssssst its NOT real life

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 26/11/12 22:55:35]

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

she didn't register his name on the wee girls birth certificate so he is helpless because if he does put her out, he has no rights... I think that was the storyline

she had it all planned out

not that I watch it much

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

My mother was hit / beaten by my stepfather ..

makes me feel sick to watch and I understand why he doesnt fight back because he is a decent young man . My Mum would never defend herself so I did it for her at the age of 14 ended up with a bloody nose and a black eye for that. poor lad.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

'Fatal Attraction'

Nuff said.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I think it is a well written storyline because for Tyrone he lost Jack, then the other baby was proven to be be Kevin's and he is stripped of all he cares for and he will do nothing to potentially lose his new baby...

I bet a good few in similar situations

By *ady4ladyWoman  over a year ago

liverpool

I think the storyline is brilliant, when we hear of domestic abuse its always assumed that the woman is the victim, this highlights that men are victims too, and it is so difficult for men to admit.

By *awkeye and HotlipsCouple  over a year ago

Takeley

This is a thread very close to my heart, Having endured 15 years of continuous physical abuse as a husband. I applaud Corrie for not taking the a political route of women being abused by men. I had, "i'm sorry" each and everytime. "It'll never happen again"...it's just wrong. Knives, barracading me and my children in in a room....NOONE has the right to abuse someone. The fact you love someone as I suspect the character in Corries does does not excuse it. Once an abuser. Always one. One of the most difficult things I have ever had to write, fighting back the tears....Thankfully I never have to face that again. I have the most wonderful lady in my kife who I trust implicitly. To all those suffering it, my heart goes out to you. Stay safe xxxx

By *ady4ladyWoman  over a year ago

liverpool

"This is a thread very close to my heart, Having endured 15 years of continuous physical abuse as a husband. I applaud Corrie for not taking the a political route of women being abused by men. I had, "i'm sorry" each and everytime. "It'll never happen again"...it's just wrong. Knives, barracading me and my children in in a room....NOONE has the right to abuse someone. The fact you love someone as I suspect the character in Corries does does not excuse it. Once an abuser. Always one. One of the most difficult things I have ever had to write, fighting back the tears....Thankfully I never have to face that again. I have the most wonderful lady in my kife who I trust implicitly. To all those suffering it, my heart goes out to you. Stay safe xxxx"

((((((hugs))))))

"This is a thread very close to my heart, Having endured 15 years of continuous physical abuse as a husband. I applaud Corrie for not taking the a political route of women being abused by men. I had, "i'm sorry" each and everytime. "It'll never happen again"...it's just wrong. Knives, barracading me and my children in in a room....NOONE has the right to abuse someone. The fact you love someone as I suspect the character in Corries does does not excuse it. Once an abuser. Always one. One of the most difficult things I have ever had to write, fighting back the tears....Thankfully I never have to face that again. I have the most wonderful lady in my kife who I trust implicitly. To all those suffering it, my heart goes out to you. Stay safe xxxx

((((((hugs))))))"

And from me too. xx

Takeley

"This is a thread very close to my heart, Having endured 15 years of continuous physical abuse as a husband. I applaud Corrie for not taking the a political route of women being abused by men. I had, "i'm sorry" each and everytime. "It'll never happen again"...it's just wrong. Knives, barracading me and my children in in a room....NOONE has the right to abuse someone. The fact you love someone as I suspect the character in Corries does does not excuse it. Once an abuser. Always one. One of the most difficult things I have ever had to write, fighting back the tears....Thankfully I never have to face that again. I have the most wonderful lady in my kife who I trust implicitly. To all those suffering it, my heart goes out to you. Stay safe xxxx

((((((hugs))))))"

Thankyou, i'm in tears now.......

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

"anybody watching Corrie? Pssssssssssst its NOT real life "

No it's not real life but it is highlighting the fact that males are also abused and beaten by their partners.

A lot of men will put up with it because they think that a lot of people will look at them as being weak for not standing up to the female.

It also shows them at the end of the programme that there is help for them.

"anybody watching Corrie? Pssssssssssst its NOT real life

No it's not real life but it is highlighting the fact that males are also abused and beaten by their partners.

A lot of men will put up with it because they think that a lot of people will look at them as being weak for not standing up to the female.

"

Is it produced to highlight male abuse or is it a drama with dramatic stories to sell advertised.

I think there have been far better documentaries that have highlighted it in a more realistic way in the past.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"

ITS A SOAP!

Whilst domestic abuse is rife in society, i dont call that entertainment....but i agree that females get sympathy whereas males get told to "grow a pair"....much the same as single males v single females on here really.

"anybody watching Corrie? "

I wouldn't disagree he really needs to get some adult sized gonads and stick up for himself.

"This is a thread very close to my heart, Having endured 15 years of continuous physical abuse as a husband. I applaud Corrie for not taking the a political route of women being abused by men. I had, "i'm sorry" each and everytime. "It'll never happen again"...it's just wrong. Knives, barracading me and my children in in a room....NOONE has the right to abuse someone. The fact you love someone as I suspect the character in Corries does does not excuse it. Once an abuser. Always one. One of the most difficult things I have ever had to write, fighting back the tears....Thankfully I never have to face that again. I have the most wonderful lady in my kife who I trust implicitly. To all those suffering it, my heart goes out to you. Stay safe xxxx"

Life after such a traumatic experience must have held it's challenges. I wish you every happiness xx

I admire anyone who has been so brave and courageous sharing their experiences, big hugz to u all sorry there isnt a sincere looking smiley xx

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

ITS A SOAP!

Whilst domestic abuse is rife in society, i dont call that entertainment....but i agree that females get sympathy whereas males get told to "grow a pair"....much the same as single males v single females on here really."

I agree with much of this but have a slightly different perspective of the 'women get sympathy / men must grow a pair' stance......

My take is that if a woman is in an abusive relationship in a soap no one bats an eyelid ... it's the 'accepted norm' like rape and stoning.

closer than you think

ITS A SOAP!

Whilst domestic abuse is rife in society, i dont call that entertainment....but i agree that females get sympathy whereas males get told to "grow a pair"....much the same as single males v single females on here really."

Yes I am aware it's a Soap! And millions watch it. Even if it helps just a handful of males, then in my opinion it has done what it intended.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

ITS A SOAP!

Whilst domestic abuse is rife in society, i dont call that entertainment....but i agree that females get sympathy whereas males get told to "grow a pair"....much the same as single males v single females on here really.

Yes I am aware it's a Soap! And millions watch it. Even if it helps just a handful of males, then in my opinion it has done what it intended."

But NOT entertainment in my opinion.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

ITS A SOAP!

Yes I am aware it's a Soap! And millions watch it. Even if it helps just a handful of males, then in my opinion it has done what it intended."

I don't for one second believe that soaps are produced with a _iew to helping any section of society ...

I hate all soaps and the way they portray and over dramatise is shocking!

The hard hitting story lines will help no one and it just sensationalism.

So Tyrone needs to grow a set does he OP? What would you say to the 18 year old me who found herself in an abusive relationship? Would you tell her to grow a set? I doubt you would but when its a man its a different story.

Soaps are sometimes entertaining, sometimes poignant, sometimes informative, but always supposed to reflect life as it is in any town or street.

You have my respect for saying that. Rest assured that there are people who understand that it isn't as simple as saying "grow a pair".

"Soaps are sometimes entertaining, sometimes poignant, sometimes informative, but always supposed to reflect life as it is in any town or street."

Err I would have to disagree, you tell me which street in the UK has all the drama Coronation st has in a year. Even Buttershaw in Bradford doesn't have all that going on in 10 years and that's as bad as I know.

Takeley

You have my respect for saying that. Rest assured that there are people who understand that it isn't as simple as saying "grow a pair"."

Thnkyou, that means alot xx

"Soaps are sometimes entertaining, sometimes poignant, sometimes informative, but always supposed to reflect life as it is in any town or street.

Err I would have to disagree, you tell me which street in the UK has all the drama Coronation st has in a year. Even Buttershaw in Bradford doesn't have all that going on in 10 years and that's as bad as I know. "

I don't know, I never watch soaps but I would suppose to get in all the topical subjects they would have to have a drama each week.

Takeley

Life after such a traumatic experience must have held it's challenges. I wish you every happiness xx Bless you and thanks xxx

"

"I hate all soaps and the way they portray and over dramatise is shocking!

The hard hitting story lines will help no one and it just sensationalism."

Soaps are over dramatised on purpose. If they reflected real life they would be very boring.

I don't watch them anymore for various reasons, however I do think they are good and serve their purpose. They get people talking about subjects that may never get raised in day to day conversation.

Different storylines do help people. Millions of people watch. If just one man or one woman sitting at home in an abusive relationship is watching.... And it makes them realise that what they are going through isn't ok..... And they can get help.... Then I think that's absolutely worth it.

The same goes for any other storyline. For example EastEnders cot death/ baby swap story a few years ago. It was totally over the top but done very well. Some people misunderstood it and took it too literally. But I'm sure it helped a lot of people in many different ways.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

Soaps are over dramatised on purpose. If they reflected real life they would be very boring.

I don't watch them anymore for various reasons, however I do think they are good and serve their purpose. They get people talking about subjects that may never get raised in day to day conversation.

Different storylines do help people. Millions of people watch. If just one man or one woman sitting at home in an abusive relationship is watching.... And it makes them realise that what they are going through isn't ok..... And they can get help.... Then I think that's absolutely worth it.

The same goes for any other storyline. For example EastEnders cot death/ baby swap story a few years ago. It was totally over the top but done very well. Some people misunderstood it and took it too literally. But I'm sure it helped a lot of people in many different ways."

My friend has a lodger (male) that was in an abusive relationship, he had a successful job and a nice home. He's now a nervous wreck who rarely leaves his room...I'll tell him to grow a pair when we go down to Devon again next week.

By *arkstaffsMan  over a year ago

Rugeley

For far too long domestic violence against men has been under reported, ignored, even ridiculed. The press always refer to 'wife beaters' every time domestic violence is mentioned. It is assumed the victim is always female and the agressor is male. Believe me this is not the case by any means.

I always find myself concluding,,"well acted", if i find myself utterly engrosed in storyline, this did that, i dont know very much about the equivalent real life equivalent, so im learning a bit as it goes.

Is Katey out the well yet? btw (emmerdale)

"I always find myself concluding,,"well acted", if i find myself utterly engrosed in storyline, this did that, i dont know very much about the equivalent real life equivalent, so im learning a bit as it goes.

Is Katey out the well yet? btw (emmerdale)"

Did Amos rescue her?

closer than you think

The same goes for any other storyline. For example EastEnders cot death/ baby swap story a few years ago. It was totally over the top but done very well. Some people misunderstood it and took it too literally. But I'm sure it helped a lot of people in many different ways."

this is what I was trying to say earlier .... it gets people talking and in that way somewhere could be a male brave enough to admit its happening to him and get help

» Add a new message to this topic