FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Death is no excuse!

Death is no excuse!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oobsandballs OP   Man  over a year ago

st andrews

Some people are seriously lacking in good manners or common sense!

Had a meet arranged for Monday, informed the couple last week I'd had a bereavement and until a postmortem was done I wouldn't know if we could go ahead as I didn't know when the funeral would be.

They kept asking if we were meeting, said the PM hadn't been done but would let them know ASAP. Confirmed this afternoon I couldn't make it but my man would, but they weren't interested. Kept accusing us of messing them about!

WTAF?! Oh, I'm so sorry my family member dying is an inconvenience for you!!!!

And their meets keep falling through. I wonder why?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

as soon as someone gives me a reply which i find offensive i block them.

doesnt matter who if i know them or not.

same with pic collectors and those who delete without reply.

time is precious and you cannot miss what you never had.

your worth more so stuff them!

not sticking up for them, but i wonder if offering for the male to go alone made them think you were a single guy pretending to be a couple to get a meet?

no excuse, its just something that popped into my head.

anyway, sorry for your loss

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Some people are seriously lacking in good manners or common sense!

Had a meet arranged for Monday, informed the couple last week I'd had a bereavement and until a postmortem was done I wouldn't know if we could go ahead as I didn't know when the funeral would be.

They kept asking if we were meeting, said the PM hadn't been done but would let them know ASAP. Confirmed this afternoon I couldn't make it but my man would, but they weren't interested. Kept accusing us of messing them about!

WTAF?! Oh, I'm so sorry my family member dying is an inconvenience for you!!!!

And their meets keep falling through. I wonder why? "

Well if it was you who'd died I would understand the delay.

PS Joking. They're being daft.

your loss as in the death of a loved one, not the loss of a meet i meant!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"

Confirmed this afternoon I couldn't make it but my man would, "

Sorry for your loss, but I would think you were a single man trying it on to be honest.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"not sticking up for them, but i wonder if offering for the male to go alone made them think you were a single guy pretending to be a couple to get a meet?

"

You thought the same as me.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

To be honest, I'd be considering reporting you as a single bloke pretending to be a couple after you said the man would still turn up...I'm sorry for your loss, but I can see where they're coming from

st andrews

I really object to anyone implying we're timewasters. As soon as our plans change I inform people, it's just good manners.

I wasn't that fussed about meeting them anyway, but find it hilarious. They also had the cheek to send a message saying if I really cared about my cousin I would have said I couldn't meet till after the funeral, then blocked us so I couldn't respond. For people in their 50s I'd have expected more grace and compassion. Clearly no one wants to play with them. No bloody wonder!

st andrews

I understand the point about thinking it's a single bloke, but they've seen pics of both of us, have spoken to both of us and have our numbers. So they know we're not.

st andrews

"To be honest, I'd be considering reporting you as a single bloke pretending to be a couple after you said the man would still turn up...I'm sorry for your loss, but I can see where they're coming from "

But would you have been so rude about it?

st andrews

"not sticking up for them, but i wonder if offering for the male to go alone made them think you were a single guy pretending to be a couple to get a meet?

You thought the same as me."

No, they'd spoken to both of us and seen pics. And they were already getting a bit pushy before that.

well in that case you are well shot of them1 onwards and upwards wink wink

st andrews

"well in that case you are well shot of them1 onwards and upwards wink wink"

Yup! Definitely upwards

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Sorry you've had more enough to go through, without that insensitivity and downright obnoxious disrespect, Blondie.

Anyone who lacks compassion, empathy and even basic consideration for others can't be worth it.

Take care of yourself, and I'm glad you have your partner around.

"well in that case you are well shot of them1 onwards and upwards wink wink

Yup! Definitely upwards "

forget about it blondie.

your time is worth more x

st andrews

"Sorry you've had more enough to go through, without that insensitivity and downright obnoxious disrespect, Blondie.

Anyone who lacks compassion, empathy and even basic consideration for others can't be worth it.

Take care of yourself, and I'm glad you have your partner around. "

Thanks honey. Anyway, rant over, lol!

Back to fun, fun, fun

st andrews

"well in that case you are well shot of them1 onwards and upwards wink wink

Yup! Definitely upwards

forget about it blondie.

your time is worth more x"

Cheers

I'll shut up now

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"To be honest, I'd be considering reporting you as a single bloke pretending to be a couple after you said the man would still turn up...I'm sorry for your loss, but I can see where they're coming from

But would you have been so rude about it? "

No I wouldn't have been rude about it, and seeing your further posts saying they'd spoken to both of you, I'd say good riddance to them. My condolences again xxx

st andrews

"To be honest, I'd be considering reporting you as a single bloke pretending to be a couple after you said the man would still turn up...I'm sorry for your loss, but I can see where they're coming from

But would you have been so rude about it?

No I wouldn't have been rude about it, and seeing your further posts saying they'd spoken to both of you, I'd say good riddance to them. My condolences again xxx"

I'm fine, but thanks

Don't take it so personally, there are so many bad apples out there who sour peoples views as to being let down. So many crazy excuses, it becomes hard to believe every excuse your given.

We all have a breaking point and maybe they just not having a good week and on top of it all have just been given the 5th excuse in a row. We are all guilty of being human and haing emotions.

Maybe u should of just said no as soon as found out u may not of been able to make it rather than dangle them on a string with a maybe, given them more time to find another meet.

Also don't think offering to send the male was a good idea as many fake couples use a female friend to act on the phone as their partner.. Just a thought

st andrews

"Don't take it so personally, there are so many bad apples out there who sour peoples views as to being let down. So many crazy excuses, it becomes hard to believe every excuse your given.

We all have a breaking point and maybe they just not having a good week and on top of it all have just been given the 5th excuse in a row. We are all guilty of being human and haing emotions.

Maybe u should of just said no as soon as found out u may not of been able to make it rather than dangle them on a string with a maybe, given them more time to find another meet.

Also don't think offering to send the male was a good idea as many fake couples use a female friend to act on the phone as their partner.. Just a thought"

I agree that they may have been given excuses, however that's not my fault. And I wasn't dangling anyone. I said straightaway that as long as it wasn't the same day, I would be meeting them. But until I knew what day that was, how could I tell them? And they have time to find another meet, this is only Thursday.

Also, I didn't say I thought it was a good idea to send him. I just said that if they would be interested in that the option was there. And some people are interested in that. Each to their own.

What I am taking offence at is that I said I would let them know ASAP, and they still kept asking when I'd told them umpteen times I didn't know yet. They had the option to say let's leave it as well, don't forget. I also take great offence at the comment that because I'm not sobbing in a corner, I don't care about my cousin. THAT is incredibly rude.

But thank you for your comments.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I do get your point Blondie. Though I think it got occluded by the suggestion that Mr Blondie might go alone - that is too similar to a lot of fake couple profiles!

But I have also been on the receiving end of inappropriate pestering when I've said to people that I would meet them but not right now. I travel a lot for work so am often far away from my posted location, sometimes out of the country.

And when I do go home it can be for just a couple of days or even less. In that time I still have family and friends to catch up with and errands to run.

So when someone realises I'm at home and then begins to pester me for a meet it can be really annoying.

I know it's frustrating - I'm frequently frustrated myself! But it's not always appropriate to drop everything else for a meet.

st andrews

"I do get your point Blondie. Though I think it got occluded by the suggestion that Mr Blondie might go alone - that is too similar to a lot of fake couple profiles!

But I have also been on the receiving end of inappropriate pestering when I've said to people that I would meet them but not right now. I travel a lot for work so am often far away from my posted location, sometimes out of the country.

And when I do go home it can be for just a couple of days or even less. In that time I still have family and friends to catch up with and errands to run.

So when someone realises I'm at home and then begins to pester me for a meet it can be really annoying.

I know it's frustrating - I'm frequently frustrated myself! But it's not always appropriate to drop everything else for a meet. "

Yeah, sometimes there just isn't enough hours in the day! And he's fine with threesomes, I just didn't want him, or them, missing out. We've had our fair share of blokes pretending to be couples, but we've proved we're not so that was never an issue. It's the implication that we're timewasters, really. In future I'm saying no to any day meets as I can't guarantee I'd be able to get away from work anyway. He can get away easier than I can. That way I can't be accused of leaving anyone dangling.

We all have families and personal lives that come first, shame not everyone understands that.

It's no excuse for pestering and/or resorting to insults.

At least now we can focus on meeting up with fun, drama free people. I feel sorry for them that their meets have fallen through, but it does happen to everyone, you just have to roll with it.

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

Firstly, sorry for your loss.

Secondly, the couple treated you with great insensitivity. Totally out of order.

But ...

Could your partner REALLY have gone off to have sex with a couple of strangers whilst you were grieving after the recent loss of a close family member?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Firstly, sorry for your loss.

Secondly, the couple treated you with great insensitivity. Totally out of order.

But ...

Could your partner REALLY have gone off to have sex with a couple of strangers whilst you were grieving after the recent loss of a close family member? "

that has been my thought just reading thru the thread as well.... you going to a funeral and him still going to the meet just feels really wrong... it just does...

the sending only one of you is a big no no and red flags flying all around for a lot of people....... i can understand why they acted like they did

st andrews

"Could your partner REALLY have gone off to have sex with a couple of strangers whilst you were grieving after the recent loss of a close family member?

that has been my thought just reading thru the thread as well.... you going to a funeral and him still going to the meet just feels really wrong... it just does...

the sending only one of you is a big no no and red flags flying all around for a lot of people....... i can understand why they acted like they did"

He's my FB, not my boyfriend, so I wouldn't expect him to come with me, but I understand your point.

Yes, I am aware that a guy turning up on his own is a red flag, I totally get that. However, making personal comments and flinging insults is not done.

If I had been in their position, I would have said "no worries, we want to play with both of you so we'll arrange another time". And I would have kept up communication to ensure that it was a couple and not a single bloke if I was still unsure.

But that's just me.

» Add a new message to this topic