FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > home baking

home baking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *reelove1969 OP   Couple  over a year ago

bristol

been on 3 and a half hours making a corned beef pie .. first time ive done one .. my bloke is due home from work any time and the kitchen looks like a bomb site and the pies are questionable to say the least ! .. thank god the chippy is still open !

neva knew it was this complicated .. fray bentos .. i salute you !!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Get a pie from the chippy and blag it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I slave practically everyday in the kitchen I'd not get away with blagging it!

But hopefully for you they'll be fine.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I slave for a maximum of 30 minutes a day in the kitchen....and I refuse to expose myself to a minute more....

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I have baking/cooking days....hope the pie was nice. x

Oh just thought sorry if my comment sounded off, didn't mean to hun, I do hope after all your efforts it turned out well...xx

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Let us know if he enjoys it

Never known it take 3 hours to make one tho

xxxxx

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

I'm baking tonight..... fucking fires on full blast and the central heating is maxed out

By *ctavius StuntMan  over a year ago

london

i have never ever heard of a corned beef pie. and i have no idea why it would take 3 hours to make

dirtybigbadsgirlville

The pastry can be a bugger to perfect, if the OP hadnt made one before it can be tricky....thats if you make it from scratch.

london

"The pastry can be a bugger to perfect, if the OP hadnt made one before it can be tricky....thats if you make it from scratch."
I cant believe someone has made pastry for some corned beef. Not when you can buy great ready made pastry anyway.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"The pastry can be a bugger to perfect, if the OP hadnt made one before it can be tricky....thats if you make it from scratch. I cant believe someone has made pastry for some corned beef. Not when you can buy great ready made pastry anyway."
i would.....

bristol

ehhh .. well having reached the fine old age of 40 and neva having made pastry before i though .. how hard can this be ????

5 attempts at the pastry later after it had cracked .. stuck to baking tray and all other incidents that could possibly happen we had the pastry done .. now for the pie !!

neva mind we got there in the end and he was pleasantly surprised .. no need for the chippy !!

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"ehhh .. well having reached the fine old age of 40 and neva having made pastry before i though .. how hard can this be ????

5 attempts at the pastry later after it had cracked .. stuck to baking tray and all other incidents that could possibly happen we had the pastry done .. now for the pie !!

neva mind we got there in the end and he was pleasantly surprised .. no need for the chippy !!

"

well done...practise makes perfect. xxx

bristol

"i have never ever heard of a corned beef pie. and i have no idea why it would take 3 hours to make "

us northern birds do alsorts with corned beef !!

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Ive got an urge for corned beef hash now. With loads of red cabbage.

I think thats food sorted out for tomorrow now...

london

"Ive got an urge for corned beef hash now. With loads of red cabbage.

I think thats food sorted out for tomorrow now..."

jesus h christ that sort of grub has done wonders for your ass ! sorry to digress

Mr Red will be making his Christmas cakes Saturday and Sunday this week

london

"i have never ever heard of a corned beef pie. and i have no idea why it would take 3 hours to make

us northern birds do alsorts with corned beef !!

"

sounds like you need to rest the pastry in fridge for longer. sprinkle a bit more flour on work surface before you roll it. And you should only use finger tips when working the dough and dont ley your hands get to warm it ruins pastry

bristol

"

sounds like you need to rest the pastry in fridge for longer. sprinkle a bit more flour on work surface before you roll it. And you should only use finger tips when working the dough and dont ley your hands get to warm it ruins pastry "

fridge ??? .. didnt know that bit .. will try that next time .. ta for the tips .. its a learning curve i guess but i did enjoy the afternoon

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"i have never ever heard of a corned beef pie. and i have no idea why it would take 3 hours to make "

I had one not so long ago in Scotland

london

when youve made the pastry wrap it in clingfilm and let it rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. You also need to keep your hands cold while making it. alternatively buy ready made frozen pastry, its really cheap. But practise makes perfect. knowing how much love you put in to making it im sure it will be great, love is the key ingredient in any food
"

sounds like you need to rest the pastry in fridge for longer. sprinkle a bit more flour on work surface before you roll it. And you should only use finger tips when working the dough and dont ley your hands get to warm it ruins pastry

fridge ??? .. didnt know that bit .. will try that next time .. ta for the tips .. its a learning curve i guess but i did enjoy the afternoon "

bristol

here we go ladies .. dinner ideas ! ..hmmmm .. i know its a northern dish but it really isnt anything to be scared of !!

» Add a new message to this topic