FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Weekly Mental Health Check-in 26.09

Weekly Mental Health Check-in 26.09

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman  over a year ago

Preston

Good morning all, how are we all?

I’m doing ok, a bit overwhelmed by my uni workload but I’ve got lots of bits going on and I’m

happy to be busy. Not had any of my meds all week again, been trying to use mindfulness more and dismiss the physical anxiety feelings when they arise. Generally I’m feeling pretty happy and positive and I love sunny autumn days so am grateful to be having some of those.

Also trying to be proactive in reducing my alcohol consumption, it was running away on me and I was drinking about half a bottle of wine a night which I wasn’t happy with, so I’m trying to cut it right back. I even went out with friends on Saturday night for dinner and didn’t drink, which I was pleased with myself about.

How are you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

near Chesterfield

I'm peachy, thank you.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Morning lou

Lots of positives there for you which is great reading, do you reread these threads as its nice to see the change In your mindset and your personal development x

I am very happy now I've got past September's real life focus, which meant little time for me. Now it's all about the playtime and I'm looking forward to reconnecting with my friends again

Preston

"I'm peachy, thank you. "

Good to hear!

Preston

"Morning lou

Lots of positives there for you which is great reading, do you reread these threads as its nice to see the change In your mindset and your personal development x

I am very happy now I've got past September's real life focus, which meant little time for me. Now it's all about the playtime and I'm looking forward to reconnecting with my friends again "

Thank you! I don’t, no. I’m not good at revisiting things that have been and gone, which is interesting in itself, impossible need to reflect a little on that.

Glad to hear things are back on track for you

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well done on your progress OP

Trying to introduce small routine changes to improve but not be too hard on myself if fail on a day

May be having last therapy session due to the block we hit

Looking forward to a weekend away for my birthday

Preston

"Well done on your progress OP

Trying to introduce small routine changes to improve but not be too hard on myself if fail on a day

May be having last therapy session due to the block we hit

Looking forward to a weekend away for my birthday "

Thank you x

I’ve recognised the benefits of self-compassion through the reading I’ve been doing. It’s not easy but definitely worth persevering with.

Hope you’re ok with the therapy coming to and end, endings are so important in therapy, I hope it’s managed properly for you.

The weekend away sounds good, an early happy birthday to you xx

Good morning Lou,

So nice to see there are some positive things going on with you!

I’m adjusting to my new hrt routine.. feeling generally better but have had a few periods of reflection and keeping track that I’m not falling back into unhealthy patterns of self doubt and allowing others to affect how I feel about myself.

But it’s a new week and I’m trying to keep my mindset positive & not let outside factors affect me and keeping clear boundaries in place.

Hope everyone has a good week.

I'm feeling really good - I can radiate some of my strength + positivity to anyone needing it, send me a message if you want some support

By *oobaaMan  over a year ago

South Shields

Hi Lou.

so, still suffering from long covid. Really tired and breathless and its starting to set my anxiety away.

Its a massive effort even going into kitchen to make a cup of tea.

I am basically lying on the setee watching crap on tv and overthinking things.

Been onto GP but they say unless Iam wanting to be put on meds then there is nothing they can do until a CPN is available....the current waiting list is nearly 2 years.

Glad you are still positve about things

"Hi Lou.

so, still suffering from long covid. Really tired and breathless and its starting to set my anxiety away.

Its a massive effort even going into kitchen to make a cup of tea.

I am basically lying on the setee watching crap on tv and overthinking things.

Been onto GP but they say unless Iam wanting to be put on meds then there is nothing they can do until a CPN is available....the current waiting list is nearly 2 years.

Glad you are still positve about things"

Find something creative that you like, when you get to thinking, get up and do that thing you like. Keeps your mind occupied and can stop you overthinking.

Might be a good way of channeling your negative thoughts while your waiting for help.

I do it myself, as well as teach it as part of therapy, and it’s proven to help massively x

By *oson-BlueCouple  over a year ago

North Kent

Thankyou for this thread. I’m feeling quite teary and depressed, my dad passed away five weeks ago and it’s been tough to say the least

Ms B

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

BIRMINGHAM

"Thankyou for this thread. I’m feeling quite teary and depressed, my dad passed away five weeks ago and it’s been tough to say the least

Ms B "

Hugs to you and your family.

"Thankyou for this thread. I’m feeling quite teary and depressed, my dad passed away five weeks ago and it’s been tough to say the least

Ms B "

Sorry for your loss

By *parrow77Man  over a year ago

cheshire

Rubbish this week is 8yr anniversary of when I was sexually assaulted every year is hell an makes me shame and fear

North Kent

Ms B

Hugs to you and your family.

"

Thankyou xx

North Kent

Ms B

Sorry for your loss "

Thankyou xx

North Kent

"Rubbish this week is 8yr anniversary of when I was sexually assaulted every year is hell an makes me shame and fear "

That’s absolutely awful I’m so sorry for you. Are you getting any professional help with this??

Xx

cheshire

"Rubbish this week is 8yr anniversary of when I was sexually assaulted every year is hell an makes me shame and fear

That’s absolutely awful I’m so sorry for you. Are you getting any professional help with this??

Xx"

Had it year or so ago it dull the thought but still doesn’t shake the feeling gross, tainted and weak thoughts.

Always hurts and makes me think worse but also makes me breakdown so bad and think everyone knows and can see it like a label I carry

North Kent

"Rubbish this week is 8yr anniversary of when I was sexually assaulted every year is hell an makes me shame and fear

Xx

Had it year or so ago it dull the thought but still doesn’t shake the feeling gross, tainted and weak thoughts.

Always hurts and makes me think worse but also makes me breakdown so bad and think everyone knows and can see it like a label I carry"

It will take time but remember you did nothing wrong and it wasn’t your fault. I could say don’t feel this way or that but it’s not my mind, it’s yours. (((BIG HUGS))) keep going you got this xxx

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I got through the worst week with the help of family and friends. Taking it day by day to get through this week now, whether worse or better than last depends when reality hits me. Still feels as if she might walk through the door as if she'd just been on holiday.

I'm just up and down and all over the place as usual.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Good and bad. The last few weeks have floored me a bit.

But I know why, I know how to fix it, and I don't regret a thing. I just need to recuperate.

"I'm just up and down and all over the place as usual. "

Same as that. Bear with it tho it usually passes

Not in a good place. Awful weekend with my mother and sister telling me to go back to live with my parents to help with my dad as his health is declining. Apparently I don't get a say in the matter! It's flared up my depression again and feeling very low. So much pressure on me is too much to deal with but my friends are saying that it's not fair to put that responsibility on my shoulders x

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"Not in a good place. Awful weekend with my mother and sister telling me to go back to live with my parents to help with my dad as his health is declining. Apparently I don't get a say in the matter! It's flared up my depression again and feeling very low. So much pressure on me is too much to deal with but my friends are saying that it's not fair to put that responsibility on my shoulders x"

No it's not your whole responsibility. Why isn't your sister stepping up? If she's entitled to her life, then you are damn well entitled to your own life.

I’m feeling like I need validation. But don’t have many people in my life that give love in the verbal way I want rn. So I’m finding myself. Which is hard when you don’t like yourself much

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I got through the worst week with the help of family and friends. Taking it day by day to get through this week now, whether worse or better than last depends when reality hits me. Still feels as if she might walk through the door as if she'd just been on holiday."

Sending our love, Polly

Not been to good lately just the uncertainties with energy bills can't seem to shake from my head, with Christmas coming up and all still on my medication every day so it does help

By *rgasmaddict3Man  over a year ago

stourbridge

"Good morning all, how are we all?

I’m doing ok, a bit overwhelmed by my uni workload but I’ve got lots of bits going on and I’m

happy to be busy. Not had any of my meds all week again, been trying to use mindfulness more and dismiss the physical anxiety feelings when they arise. Generally I’m feeling pretty happy and positive and I love sunny autumn days so am grateful to be having some of those.

Also trying to be proactive in reducing my alcohol consumption, it was running away on me and I was drinking about half a bottle of wine a night which I wasn’t happy with, so I’m trying to cut it right back. I even went out with friends on Saturday night for dinner and didn’t drink, which I was pleased with myself about.

How are you?"

By *rgasmaddict3Man  over a year ago

stourbridge

"Good morning all, how are we all?

How are you?"

Wel done. I always try to cut down but never seem to manage it! Luckily I’m an eternal optimist though. Nice that you you’ve created this thread to check on others though.

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

Feeling stronger this week. I needed to step back from other commitments and concentrate a little on me. I'm looking forward to the end of this rugby league season and a good rest. I was working out that I've been on the go every weekend since 9th January!

I had been hoping that i could have eased my way back into things at work, but sickness has meant me taking more responsibility, happy with what i've done.

cheshire

Xx

Always hurts and makes me think worse but also makes me breakdown so bad and think everyone knows and can see it like a label I carry

It will take time but remember you did nothing wrong and it wasn’t your fault. I could say don’t feel this way or that but it’s not my mind, it’s yours. (((BIG HUGS))) keep going you got this xxx"

Thank you

I try remember it wasn’t my fault and I was attacked and forced but hard remember when 28th is date

I have to keep going but crazy when things flash back and sometimes at worse times which impact me.

"Not in a good place. Awful weekend with my mother and sister telling me to go back to live with my parents to help with my dad as his health is declining. Apparently I don't get a say in the matter! It's flared up my depression again and feeling very low. So much pressure on me is too much to deal with but my friends are saying that it's not fair to put that responsibility on my shoulders x

No it's not your whole responsibility. Why isn't your sister stepping up? If she's entitled to her life, then you are damn well entitled to your own life."

I appreciate that, thanks. She's not stepping up as her excuse is that she lives in Ireland and can't get over that often because the boat is so expensive and yet she's coming over to see them this weekend. I've been feeling a bit better today as I met my friend for coffee. Incidentally, she and my other friends are backing me in this and think it's highly unfair of them x

By *uicy 2020Woman  over a year ago

London

Hi everyone. Sennding mahoosive hugs to you all.

I am just all over the place, still waiting for my referrals for help to come through. Although my boss did tell me today to get in touch with the local service to see whats going on with it, and i actually did send an email, couldnt have faced a phone call.

Work is super stressful with a couple of deadlines looming. Was basically paralysed with anxiety over it the last 2 weeks, so im now really far behind too. My boss did give me the option of not doing this application, but i feel that i will have let so many people down if i dont do it, so now feeling even more pressure. Its just all a bit shit rn, but im still here i guess. Just wanted to vent really so thanks for this thread. X

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

Wishing everyone well xxx i'm going to train up as a mental health first aider at work during November.

» Add a new message to this topic