FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Red Nose Day ~ Comic Relief

Red Nose Day ~ Comic Relief

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Stayed in and watched it tonight, yes I know, billy no mates...

I...laughed/cried/laughed/cried/pissed myself/cried/cried/laughed/laughed/cried

Counted my blesings...

Rang up and donated

That was about it really

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We watched it too but we didn't donate as it's been going on for 21 years and they still haven't solved a goddam thing!

Where are all the mossie nets from the past 21 years gone?...

Where's the new housing from 15 years ago?..

Where's the schools built 5 years ago?

I'm sorry, but my cynical head is over-ruling my compassionate one and I'm not prepared to throw money away.

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

Suprised with credit crunch that they dare sj anyone for anything!!!!!!!!!!!

By *lex_NottsCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Didn't watch it, didn't donate.

Went to the chinese takeaway and even they asked me if I have watched Chris Moyles climbing Mt Killymanjoro

If I wanted to watch a fat bastard climb a mountain, I would get the missus to film me walking up it myself and then I would watch it

Dave_Notts

Bahh Humbug , I probably sound tight , but doesn't charity begin at home ?

Notting

Was busy!!!!

What was that all about again????????

I too am bah humbug - and only as i have worked with charities and know where the monies do and dont go!!!

But bless everyone for thinking they are doing the right thing.

Awww missed it, went out for a bite to eat with a friend then fell asleep on the sofa..my loss hahahahaha

Notting

"Awww missed it, went out for a bite to eat with a friend then fell asleep on the sofa..my loss hahahahaha"

Fell asleep..??

Their loss is it not????????? xxx

Some silly bugger donated £6m alone. What a berk!

Notting

"Some silly bugger donated £6m alone. What a berk!"

Damn - why werent my pockets open and available at that time - i could do a little with that kind of cash...

**starts dreaming**

"Some silly bugger donated £6m alone. What a berk!"

Was hes name FRED?????

lol , yeh FRED liked backing lost causes . lol

"Awww missed it, went out for a bite to eat with a friend then fell asleep on the sofa..my loss hahahahaha

Fell asleep..??

Their loss is it not????????? xxx"

I have retired lol

I know your all right about Charity begining at home and what has all the money done over the years? etc etc, but still, it has done some godd. I'm a bloody soft touch really too and some of the stories did make me cry a bit, I did not give much really, but felt better for giving something.

Maybe I should just get out more!

looking to buy shares in a mossi net factory

*Cough Cough*

I actually own a Mossi net factory *smiles*

watch bits of it was boring i thought

didn't donate

Notting

Funny....

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/video/video.php?v=60014222031&ref=mf

Cheered me up this morning...xx

Forum Mod

I watched a bit of it,moaned that Carol Vorderman looked like mutton dressed as lamb and then carried on drinking with my friends lol

My daughter arranged her own fundraising event so I sponsered her and did my little bit for the cause

lol wasnt aware it was yesterday, guess we live in cloud cuckoo land not just dont buy newspapers or watch a lot of tv, but it the same as always they ask for money and you dont see what it is used for or its being used the same way as statistics show the same numbers of people dying. sorry sounds hertless i know but why cant the money be used in the uk we have enough pensioners and other who cant afford to eat and other things. sorry but human rights belongs worldwide and i think we should look after our own first

Actually lots and lots of the money is used in UK, loads of projects all over the place benefit

what i don't like about red nose day is that there are 6 directors that get paid just over a million pound a year between them, how the fecks that charity? they don't mind asking us for money but they not doing it for free, thats another million in the pot if they was as generous as they want us to be!!!

"what i don't like about red nose day is that there are 6 directors that get paid just over a million pound a year between them, how the fecks that charity? they don't mind asking us for money but they not doing it for free, thats another million in the pot if they was as generous as they want us to be!!!"

Bloody Hell, I never knew that!!!!!!

"what i don't like about red nose day is that there are 6 directors that get paid just over a million pound a year between them, how the fecks that charity? they don't mind asking us for money but they not doing it for free, thats another million in the pot if they was as generous as they want us to be!!!"

To attract the best people to raise even more millions for charity you need to prevent them from going elsewhere.

£1m / 6 = £165,000 ... it's not that much really is it?

"We watched it too but we didn't donate as it's been going on for 21 years and they still haven't solved a goddam thing!

Where are all the mossie nets from the past 21 years gone?...

Where's the new housing from 15 years ago?..

Where's the schools built 5 years ago?

I'm sorry, but my cynical head is over-ruling my compassionate one and I'm not prepared to throw money away."

Could not agree more been giving money to africa for 30 years and they are still no better off. Too me there is only 2 ways to deal with most of the problems in africa 1 invade take over and remove all the rebel groups and bring stability or 2 leave them to it. To many african countries seem to self destruct i.e zimbabwe. I partly agreed that the land in zimbabwe should be for native people but they went about it totally wrong in just booting out the white farmers, they should have made the farmers give part of there land over to there native employees.

Rant Over

"what i don't like about red nose day is that there are 6 directors that get paid just over a million pound a year between them, how the fecks that charity? they don't mind asking us for money but they not doing it for free, thats another million in the pot if they was as generous as they want us to be!!!

To attract the best people to raise even more millions for charity you need to prevent them from going elsewhere.

£1m / 6 = £165,000 ... it's not that much really is it?"

would buy a hell of a lot of mossie nets

i had a though this year while watching the clips from Africa, and i have a feeling i'm going to get linched for sharing them but here goes, they recon over a million people die every year from malaria, so many million die each year from dirty/poor living conditions, so many million die each year from typhoid etc etc the list goes on, now these are third world country who even if we cured all this problems would still have the porblem of no food or water, so what happens to all these people when we have a population boosh thro good health but no bloody food to feed all the people we save!! i know it sounds really cruel but maybe its natures way of keeping the population down, ive always though what they really need is a birth control clinic.

» Add a new message to this topic