FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Houseplants

Houseplants

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *humper. OP   Man  over a year ago

northumberland/scotland

I remember asking about this on my previous profile and it was oddly popular

So... who's into their plants. I've got roughly 130-140 odd.

My favourites at the minute are my dragon scale, spotted begonia and a pharoes mask that I'm trying to rescue! Oh and a monster of a stingray allocasia.

In the summer house a red banana plant that is rapidly outgrowing it's spot too

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *BootyfulDayWoman  over a year ago

I keep wanting to be more green fingered and get plants but I fear I am terrible at being consistent at looking after them! Doh!

I do love the idea of having a few though and am in awe of those who have plants and also grow things!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

140!!?

I have 5!

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

I have zero. But my killer resistant s are quite spectacular on my drive.

I have only just started getting into them when I moved house. I've propagated a few as they're so expensive to buy.

I like my string of turtles best. Makes me smile every morning.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I have zero. But my killer resistant s are quite spectacular on my drive. "

Haha OK... Fab won't let me type "we*ed"... Live and learn

By *ucks Couple UKCouple  over a year ago

Bucks

I manage to kill houseplants on a regular basis

By *errocaWoman  over a year ago

Shropshire

I've just moved and no longer have a garden.. Which I'm finding difficult, as I loved pottering outside.. So now I've decided to become an inside gardener.. We've started with 2 cactus and a succulent.

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden

I have two.

A cyclamen that I've had for about 18 years and a peace lily I've had for 4 months.

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

I’ve got one of those 70’s bottle gardens plus a spider plant in the bathroom and an aloe Vera cactus in the dining room.

I'd like to keep a maidenhair fern alive. I loved them when I was younger - I love all ferns. But I killed every one.

By *eneralKenobiMan  over a year ago

North Angus

Plants just come to my house to die

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I'm not good at nurturing houseplants but I have a couple of lovely orchids and a baby spider plant

northumberland/scotland

Up until a couple of years ago I only had a few house plants too, but as usual... I got carried away with myself. Its a full time hobby at times but I love them

As far as ferns go, I have no answers, I can't keep them alive in the house either!

"I'd like to keep a maidenhair fern alive. I loved them when I was younger - I love all ferns. But I killed every one. "

Ferns are great for dark corners with no direct sunlight ... best kept damp

By *istyPeaksCouple  over a year ago

braintree

I’ve got a few and would love more. Some unfortunately died whilst I was in hospital and weren’t cared for

Lots of succulents that I’ve propagated. A fern which is being slowly nursed back to health.

My proudest is my avocado that I’ve grown from the stone. That was such fun.

I did have a yucca that just kept on sprouting new shoots, then the husband got fed up of it being in the way and moved it into the hallway…. Yuccas do not like draughts .

I also make new pots for them when I get a new one. 2 hobbies in one

By *erotic_adventureMan  over a year ago

Scotland & London

[Removed by poster at 28/09/22 09:33:23]

By *erotic_adventureMan  over a year ago

Scotland & London

"I manage to kill houseplants on a regular basis "

This....after care is key to their longevity, some really don't seem to last

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Indoors less these days a couple of peace lillys a spider plant and an orchid but in the garden lots x

northumberland/scotland

"I’ve got a few and would love more. Some unfortunately died whilst I was in hospital and weren’t cared for

Lots of succulents that I’ve propagated. A fern which is being slowly nursed back to health.

I did have a yucca that just kept on sprouting new shoots, then the husband got fed up of it being in the way and moved it into the hallway…. Yuccas do not like draughts .

I also make new pots for them when I get a new one. 2 hobbies in one "

Ooooh, decorate cheap ones or actually make them? I like finding things that aren't plant pots but can be repurposed. I've got a ton of drift wood on the walls and and ceilings to hang/train my hanging plants. Busy trying to create a "blind" on one if the living room windows with essentially half a tree and some adansonii haha

northumberland/scotland

"I manage to kill houseplants on a regular basis

This....after care is key to their longevity, some really don't seem to last "

As with everything else I'm just self taught, no expert but if you keep an eye on them, adjust their light and water intake you'll generally find what they like/don't like

northumberland/scotland

"I'd like to keep a maidenhair fern alive. I loved them when I was younger - I love all ferns. But I killed every one.

Ferns are great for dark corners with no direct sunlight ... best kept damp "

I've tried misting regularly, humidifiers... allsorts I just can't seem to keep ferns happy

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

A yukka..spider plant ..loads of orchids..and a little cactus thing that keeps flowering

More practical..a couple of basil's and parsleys

By *errocaWoman  over a year ago

Shropshire

"I’ve got a few and would love more. Some unfortunately died whilst I was in hospital and weren’t cared for

I also make new pots for them when I get a new one. 2 hobbies in one

Ooooh, decorate cheap ones or actually make them? I like finding things that aren't plant pots but can be repurposed. I've got a ton of drift wood on the walls and and ceilings to hang/train my hanging plants. Busy trying to create a "blind" on one if the living room windows with essentially half a tree and some adansonii haha"

I love doing this... I had a whole bathroom suite in my garden.. Made into planters.. The bath was a pond.. Madw old drums into planters and then made a bird feeder from old bikes.

Upcycling

I also make new pots for them when I get a new one. 2 hobbies in one "

I have an avocado grown from a stone too.

Me and someone from on here had an avocado race, one grown in soil and one in water to see which worked better (soil)

Op - I have plants everywhere, I can’t pick a favourite, but my Sanseveria loves the conditions in my house, I’ve got about 6 that have all grown from one plant.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

[Removed by poster at 28/09/22 10:23:27]

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Wow that’s a lot , I have around 15-20 plus hanging baskets of herbs in a glass roofed extension.

Have some huge yucca and dragon trees.

I love trailing ivy on shelf’s and string hanging baskets just a pain to water them.

I used to have an aloe Vera farm too and might restart that.

Some plants are 6-7 feet high now, planters can be expensive so looking for alternatives if you have any ideas?

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"I'd like to keep a maidenhair fern alive. I loved them when I was younger - I love all ferns. But I killed every one. "

With ferns it's about where you keep them and how you water them.

Damp and moist warm not hot bathroom don't water just mist when dry.

By *MisschiefxTV/TS  over a year ago

London

We had one spider plant. Now we have many.

By *istyPeaksCouple  over a year ago

braintree

"

Ooooh, decorate cheap ones or actually make them? I like finding things that aren't plant pots but can be repurposed. I've got a ton of drift wood on the walls and and ceilings to hang/train my hanging plants. Busy trying to create a "blind" on one if the living room windows with essentially half a tree and some adansonii haha"

Actually make from scratch. I go to a pottery class/group. So make, fire (well teacher does the kiln bit) and glaze.

Although I do repurpose stuff too, but that’s mainly in the garden.

I absolutely love it. Maybe I should make an upside down pineapple planter next

I have around 25 plants just now. My spider plants keep having babies and I like to rescue plants from the reduced section in supermarkets too

Got a couple of avocado plants grown from scratch and a chilli plant and a lemon/orange tree grown from seed

I've a few plants ,my son brought me a philodendron white wave which is my favourite, I've also got a white peace lily that I've had for years .I nearly throw it out a few years ago as was so dead and nothing seemed to help but I kept it and all of a sudden it recovered and now has 3 big flowers on it which makes me so glad.

"I've a few plants ,my son brought me a philodendron white wave which is my favourite, I've also got a white peace lily that I've had for years .I nearly throw it out a few years ago as was so dead and nothing seemed to help but I kept it and all of a sudden it recovered and now has 3 big flowers on it which makes me so glad."

Peace lilies are one of the best for helping purify the air, I read last week.

By *ordan91888Man  over a year ago

I have 40 of them I need a bigger house ! I need more

northumberland/scotland

"I have 40 of them I need a bigger house ! I need more "

Oh mines not big... you'd be surprised how many you can get in without it being "too much" if you get creative.

My living room is roughly 6x3m and there just shy of 70 last time I counted

northumberland/scotland

"I've a few plants ,my son brought me a philodendron white wave which is my favourite, I've also got a white peace lily that I've had for years .I nearly throw it out a few years ago as was so dead and nothing seemed to help but I kept it and all of a sudden it recovered and now has 3 big flowers on it which makes me so glad."

You can get some AMAZING philodendrons

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I thought it was you... Yes, obsessed!

My favourite are trads and pothos, anything that trails and is variegated.

Portsmouth

I just counted... I have around 50... And a few new ones that I've just potted up from cuttings.

northumberland/scotland

"I thought it was you... Yes, obsessed!

"

I got a quad colour trad cutting a while ago, got it rooted and it's away now... it's laaaaavly! Love marble pothos too

Portsmouth

I got a quad colour trad cutting a while ago, got it rooted and it's away now... it's laaaaavly! Love marble pothos too "

They are really pretty, I like Nanouk too, before them I never knew plants could have pink leaves!

I've got a baby marble pothos, but might buy a bigger one of I can find any locally.

I need a trip to a garden centre!

northumberland/scotland

I got a quad colour trad cutting a while ago, got it rooted and it's away now... it's laaaaavly! Love marble pothos too

They are really pretty, I like Nanouk too, before them I never knew plants could have pink leaves!

I've got a baby marble pothos, but might buy a bigger one of I can find any locally.

I need a trip to a garden centre!"

I'm happy to post you a few cuttings (won't be rooted, but I could snip you a few)

"I've a few plants ,my son brought me a philodendron white wave which is my favourite, I've also got a white peace lily that I've had for years .I nearly throw it out a few years ago as was so dead and nothing seemed to help but I kept it and all of a sudden it recovered and now has 3 big flowers on it which makes me so glad.

Peace lilies are one of the best for helping purify the air, I read last week. "

oh really might get a few more

"I've a few plants ,my son brought me a philodendron white wave which is my favourite, I've also got a white peace lily that I've had for years .I nearly throw it out a few years ago as was so dead and nothing seemed to help but I kept it and all of a sudden it recovered and now has 3 big flowers on it which makes me so glad.

You can get some AMAZING philodendrons "

oh I know and some sell for a huge amount...but no harm in looking

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

My Maurelli red banana is putting up some good late season growth. . My other plants are doing well. Looking forward to some highly fragrant citrus flowers in a couple of weeks.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I have one orchid that is just about surviving on my kitchen window sill.

I killed a prayer palm and another orchid.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Peace lilies are one of the best for helping purify the air, I read last week. "

The air purification of peace lilies - and other plants - is overblown. It's based on a gross misinterpretation of a NASA experiment, inside a lab. It's been hyped by many plant sellers and illinformed media shows, etc. .

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I've a few plants inside. Including a Christmas cactus I've had for over 15 years and a yucca I've had for about 10 or more.

I've a Swiss cheese plant I got from Lidl it was in a sorry state and I'm still not convinced it's going to live as there are brown patches on its leaves.

I like having indoor plants I only have a few ones for the garden.

» Add a new message to this topic