FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bad Back Advice

Bad Back Advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

afternoon people my physio has cancelled on me due her been ill wonder if anyone know's some small exercises help my back this was sessions she was going show me

ladies yes massage be nice but at this moment just crack my back if you can

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Depends where on back but cat stretch thingies help my lower back so do them roller things or a fat rolling pin if you dont have one that sorts mine out gets the blood flowing in my upper back

"Depends where on back but cat stretch thingies help my lower back so do them roller things or a fat rolling pin if you dont have one that sorts mine out gets the blood flowing in my upper back "
the lumber part it cracked like piece of wood snapping last time just getting to me now affecting me going to gym which important for my mental health as well as physical going try some stretches later work as builder doesn't help lifting

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

Type 'exercises for back pain NHS' into Google

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Unless you know what your specific problem is I wouldn't take advice from anyone unqualified. You could do more harm than good

Take paracetamol and don't sit/stand/lay down for too long at a time, and wait until they are available. You can hurt yourself, if you don't know what you are doing. Anything more vigourous than paying down on your bag, and stretching your hands behind your head as far as you can has potential to flare something up if your back is on the wobble already.

"Unless you know what your specific problem is I wouldn't take advice from anyone unqualified. You could do more harm than good "
i know just wondering if anyone has had physio or is one might know as looking forward getting cracked today haha

"Unless you know what your specific problem is I wouldn't take advice from anyone unqualified. You could do more harm than good i know just wondering if anyone has had physio or is one might know as looking forward getting cracked today haha"

Generally a physio is going to give you exercises to strengthen yourself or alleviate pain, but they aren't going to manipulate you or 'crack' you, for that, a Chiropractor is best if you just want to here some nasty sounds that make it seem like you got your moneys worth, or better still, an Osteopath if you want a mix between the two.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Try a bungee jump

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"Unless you know what your specific problem is I wouldn't take advice from anyone unqualified. You could do more harm than good "

This!!!

You could easily make a bad back worse by targeting the wrong exercises

The floor is your friend! Lay flat on your back and try and lift your legs onto a chair. Get you back as flat as possible and try and sleep on the floor or hard surface until it eases.

Foam rollers, help ease muscle tension and knots.

It's been a real help for my gorilla sized back.

"Unless you know what your specific problem is I wouldn't take advice from anyone unqualified. You could do more harm than good i know just wondering if anyone has had physio or is one might know as looking forward getting cracked today haha

Generally a physio is going to give you exercises to strengthen yourself or alleviate pain, but they aren't going to manipulate you or 'crack' you, for that, a Chiropractor is best if you just want to here some nasty sounds that make it seem like you got your moneys worth, or better still, an Osteopath if you want a mix between the two."

yeah she just rubbed the areas and press down on the area and it just went crack lol

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Unless you know what your specific problem is I wouldn't take advice from anyone unqualified. You could do more harm than good i know just wondering if anyone has had physio or is one might know as looking forward getting cracked today haha"

I've had loads of physio, acupuncture, every pain killer known to man and eventually a titanium implant in my spine. I still wouldn't advise you on exercises to relieve your particular problem. One small reason being despite what you will be told physio is not always a remedy.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

My experience has been that chiropractors and osteopaths are an expensive placebo.

Just what I was going to say, you don’t want to knacker your back forever

As someone who's had 2 spine surgeries I'd reiterate what others have said.

Wait to see your physio and they'll give you stretches and exercises for your specific problem.

I have a 20 minute routine the physio gave after my 2nd surgery that I'm still doing 6 months on.

Chiropractors I'd avoid, it not a proven science and quite often you'll get locked in to treatments and before you know it have spent 600 quid, with no improvement (I've been to 4 different chiropractors over a 7 years period.)

If you get to a stage where you are in severe ongoing pain, push for an mri scan. You'll be able to see what's really going on then with regards the structure of your back. If you reach this point without an mri, every diagnosis is essentially just guess work.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"As someone who's had 2 spine surgeries I'd reiterate what others have said.

Wait to see your physio and they'll give you stretches and exercises for your specific problem.

I have a 20 minute routine the physio gave after my 2nd surgery that I'm still doing 6 months on.

Chiropractors I'd avoid, it not a proven science and quite often you'll get locked in to treatments and before you know it have spent 600 quid, with no improvement (I've been to 4 different chiropractors over a 7 years period.)

If you get to a stage where you are in severe ongoing pain, push for an mri scan. You'll be able to see what's really going on then with regards the structure of your back. If you reach this point without an mri, every diagnosis is essentially just guess work."

Agreed. Unless you know with absolute certainty that your problem is muscular don't meddle

By *rNice.Man  over a year ago

Doncaster

lay on you back with your legs in the air and stick a large cucumber up your arse , it might not solve your back ache but will take your mind off it !!

By *unfriendly 123Man  over a year ago

boston

I've been in pain since January....it bloody hurts all the time it's nasty don't think it's ever going to go away

» Add a new message to this topic