FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > British customer service

British customer service

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you find that there's a culture in the UK that's evolved of unreliability with regards the product or service that you paid for.

At a very basic level a prime example would be someone saying they are going to do something, or do a job on a specific day and not only do they not turn up, but they don't contact you to let you know that they're not going to make it. This seems to be almost expected now..when I speak to other british people they say it's a cultural thing , hence why I posed the question.

I was speaking to a lady from Germany who said that that service you receive in Germany is always excellent and everyone takes pride in their field, whether it's healthcare or someone coming to fix your car. She had moved here though because she said sometimes in Germany folks take it to the extreme and can he obsessed by their job -she told me she came here because people are more friendly and laid back.

I think I've lost count of how many times I've been let down this year through products and services (I know lock downs had a severe impact on efficiency of how companies run), but it seems to be widespread.

Earlier in the year I kept having to escalate a problem with a particular company until I got past the employees and found a mobile number for the company owner -and spoke to them whist they were on their yacht (completely true).

Should anyone have to do this though..or is it to be expected nowadays..

Thoughs/horror stories welcome.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes I have that problem when I try book in repairs for my home with my HA, they have contractors and the communication is terrible. They must think everyone who lives in a HA home doesn’t work and just expects you to be in, so they don’t tell you when they are coming and you’re not home or when you do know they are coming they don’t turn up and recently I’ve tried to get quotes from various tradesmen, decorators and plasterers and carpenters and a few just read and don’t reply to your messages, or come out to give you a quote say they will get back to you and never get back to you. I’ll let you know if the ones I’ve actually booked in for turn up on the agreed dates

Try going to more Mediterranean countries. They just don't give a shit

"Yes I have that problem when I try book in repairs for my home with my HA, they have contractors and the communication is terrible. They must think everyone who lives in a HA home doesn’t work and just expects you to be in, so they don’t tell you when they are coming and you’re not home or when you do know they are coming they don’t turn up and recently I’ve tried to get quotes from various tradesmen, decorators and plasterers and carpenters and a few just read and don’t reply to your messages, or come out to give you a quote say they will get back to you and never get back to you. I’ll let you know if the ones I’ve actually booked in for turn up on the agreed dates "

If you find a reliable tradesmen keep their details safe. I have a great plumber that I've used for years now. Fantastic reliable and honest guy.

Haha

This going to become the most xenophobic thread ever, I can see it..

"Haha

This going to become the most xenophobic thread ever, I can see it.."

How so?

You started a thread asking us to compare UK to other countries.

"Haha

How so?

You started a thread asking us to compare UK to other countries. "

Fair enough

"Haha

How so?

You started a thread asking us to compare UK to other countries.

Fair enough"

Infrastructures like electricity can be unreliable in places like Greece I've found. There's also though a difference in attitude in certain roles though also. Waiters and waitresses are genuinely happy to see you and these sorts of positions aren't seen as fleeting, as they cam be here.

*can*

By *ermite12ukMan  over a year ago

Solihull and Brentwood

Does British customer service extend to German car franchised dealerships? Because a certain dealership I used in the past. Wouldn't get past first base, if their lives depended on it.

Safe to say. I would never buy one of their cars again.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

As Henning Wehn says, in Germany a jobsworth is just someone really good at their job

It took one whole month for a retailer to respond to my query about being overcharged... And when they found out it wasn't an online order they said I'd have to go back to the original shop

It occurred to me also I've seen many posts where people arrange for a meet on here and the other party hasn't let them know they're not going to make it.

They just don't show up / leave them hanging.

» Add a new message to this topic