FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > PM for the day

PM for the day

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Let's face it lots of people have had a shot at it lately but if you were the prime minister for the day what law would you change/create/remove?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Public transport would be free but anyone using headphones on it that can be heard from the next seat will be flogged

By *jorkishMan  over a year ago

Seaforth

Apply the windfall tax and maintain the triple lock for pensions

Id change it to the 2nd galactic empire

Ban all religion, the 1000 genders and racism all punishable by death if caught doing any of them.

No politician would have a wage or expenses if they're millionaires they should do it for the love of the country and people.

Ban all mayonnaise except help make and make it cheaper.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

All patients should be allowed to book appointments, without playing the telephone lottery.

Before anyone becomes an mp they should have experienced real poverty so must do 12 months work on either minimum wage or live only on benifits for the 12 months as an optio with no other income

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Free chocolate and free gin for all

Peterborough

Make employment agencies pay out redundancy pay when long temp workers get laid off after two years.

This assumption that work will follow the next week is a fallacy and is extremely ignorant.

This is one level of parity that is not being challenged.

Yes, I have spoken to ACAS about it.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Tax the rich and redistribute to those less fortunate. Rejig business taxes so that they pay tax on where the revenue is earned, rather than routing it through a tax haven.

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

Clamp down on ways to pay less tax. If you bring in £150k and pay less tax than someone on £35k, you’re taking the piss from everyone else and don’t deserve to live here.

And the free gin & chocolate, obvs

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

Change the law so I am always PM.

Change the name from Prime Minister to The Ultimate Lord.

Raise the minimum wage to £15 an hour.

Gogglebox and any possible imitations or spins on the format will be removed from society... or just to be fair to those who actually like it, it will be moved to a subscription-based service and all proceeds will go to helping the homeless (if my country must have this awful show, it will at least do some good under my reign as The Ultimate Lord)

"Free chocolate and free gin for all "

Sorry guys, all noble ideas but this one gets my vote!!

I'd make all Hospital car parks free of charge.

I think it's outrageous that given that the NHS is paud for through taxation, Hospital trusts think it's acceptable to then fleece patients who rely on their own transport to get to hospital.

Oh, and I'd reverse all the PFI deals that Tony Blair did.

I'd regulate the energy sector, so energy companies can't get away with sticking up prices when wholesale prices are actually falling - and I'd regulate the petroleum industry so that prices we pay at the forecourt come down when the price of oil falls. Sick and tired of seeing them up their prices as soon as the cost of crude goes up but drag their heels when it comes down again.

I'd do something about criminao sentencing too. Far too many are getting away with little more than a slap on the wrist, which is no deterrant.

Right, that's my morning sorted. Have to have a think about what I'd sort in the afternoon

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I'd ban the sale of Jaffa Cakes.

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

Bring back the guillotine for all billionaires

By *ananaman41Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Lots of suggestions to bring the country back to the stone age in here i see. How susprising

"Lots of suggestions to bring the country back to the stone age in here i see. How susprising"
the stone age was awesome hunting wooly mamoths must have been a hell of a rush

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

Renationalise the utilities and railways,

By *haz46Woman  over a year ago

Stockport

make purge day a reality lol

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

"Lots of suggestions to bring the country back to the stone age in here i see. How susprising"

At least there wouldn't be an electricity and gas bill to worry about

Peterborough

"I'd make all Hospital car parks free of charge.

I think it's outrageous that given that the NHS is paud for through taxation, Hospital trusts think it's acceptable to then fleece patients who rely on their own transport to get to hospital.

Oh, and I'd reverse all the PFI deals that Tony Blair did.

I'd regulate the energy sector, so energy companies can't get away with sticking up prices when wholesale prices are actually falling - and I'd regulate the petroleum industry so that prices we pay at the forecourt come down when the price of oil falls. Sick and tired of seeing them up their prices as soon as the cost of crude goes up but drag their heels when it comes down again.

I'd do something about criminao sentencing too. Far too many are getting away with little more than a slap on the wrist, which is no deterrant.

Right, that's my morning sorted. Have to have a think about what I'd sort in the afternoon"

The 'N' word...Nationalilsation. Cos privatisation failed. Look at Bulb and Octopus.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Anyone being cruel to animals should be fed to the lions.

Peterborough

Wokeness should be outlawed, as white bashing is racism

As its just for a day I'd up the lifetime pay for being a PM to 250k a year and then ban it for all future PMs x

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

All hospital car parks would be free (disgusting way to tax the sick).

and also ban car park ticket machines that demand registration numbers, so you can’t be a nice person by giving your unused time to a stranger (thus promoting just a wee modicum of “people aren’t all bad”, that could filter out across society and in some small, almost imperceptible way, make the world a tiny bit better).

Oh and also hand myself in at the police station, if I’m prime minister, I’m bound to be a crook or a c@nt, either way, I should be locked up.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"Let's face it lots of people have had a shot at it lately but if you were the prime minister for the day what law would you change/create/remove? "
get rid of parking wardens and double my secretary's salary

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

Afternoon Tea would be protected by law.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Afternoon Tea would be protected by law."

You have my vote.

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman  over a year ago

Coalville

Hospital car parks should have a machine where you use a code given in your appointment confirmation so you can enter and exit free of charge for outpatients. Visitors for inpatients could maybe have a free park and ride service if they don’t want to pay to park onsite.

Hospitals should not be separate trusts and have a postcode lottery for treatment, it’s the national health service. We need regional centres of excellence and national reach for all illnesses. Employ more permanent staff of better pay and get rid of the layers of managerial hierarchy which costs money and does no good. Provide respite for bedblockers.

Peterborough

Full fat milk should be available in all coffee shops and anywhere else for that matter.

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

"Afternoon Tea would be protected by law.

You have my vote."

Thank you

"Hospital car parks should have a machine where you use a code given in your appointment confirmation so you can enter and exit free of charge for outpatients. Visitors for inpatients could maybe have a free park and ride service if they don’t want to pay to park onsite.

Hospitals should not be separate trusts and have a postcode lottery for treatment, it’s the national health service. We need regional centres of excellence and national reach for all illnesses. Employ more permanent staff of better pay and get rid of the layers of managerial hierarchy which costs money and does no good. Provide respite for bedblockers. "

This I like

Invest in a UK online marketplace to rival Amazon.

Electric buses that are free to use and designed to accommodate electric bikes and scooters.

Huge investment in cycle/scooter lanes and infrastructure.

Big targets on reducing dependance on cars.

Free medicines, healthcare, dentistry.

Prevent commercial profiting from things essential to life including water and warmth.

Free university for the top 20% of students each year.

Ban hospital parking charges. Ban the registration fees for nurses.

Breaking up two party politics.

Confident none of the above will ever happen. In this country at least.

Dublin

"Full fat milk should be available in all coffee shops and anywhere else for that matter."

Is it not already?

Peterborough

"Full fat milk should be available in all coffee shops and anywhere else for that matter.

Is it not already? "

Already: that's the wrong word.

Is it no longer available? is the better question

No, It USED to be the milk of choice then the health police decided everybody was going on the semi only.

The lack of choice is poor customer service and "no one else complains" assumes we are all grateful for this switch.

I rue the day when it moves over to skimmed only, followed by the bad-for-my-health oat milk.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Abolish the clocks twice yearly movement and make ALL half terms only two weeks long, we don't live an agricultural lifestyle anymore and the need for six weeks hols is outdated

Peterborough

"Full fat milk should be available in all coffee shops and anywhere else for that matter.

Is it not already? "

The colour code system here is on the caps:

Blue: full fat/whole milk 4%

Semi: half fat 2%

Skimmed: less than 1%

It's the fat /cream that makes the tea and coffee go white. Skimmed is like water and doesn't add anything useful to the drink.

Whats the Irish system?

Dublin

Is it not already?

Already: that's the wrong word.

Is it no longer available? is the better question

No, It USED to be the milk of choice then the health police decided everybody was going on the semi only.

The lack of choice is poor customer service and "no one else complains" assumes we are all grateful for this switch.

I rue the day when it moves over to skimmed only, followed by the bad-for-my-health oat milk.

"

Yeah, thats just unacceptable. Had no idea

Dublin

Is it not already?

It's the fat /cream that makes the tea and coffee go white. Skimmed is like water and doesn't add anything useful to the drink.

Whats the Irish system?"

Pretty much the same here. Ive no idea about within coffee shops, and if its available etc. To be honest ive never really asked

Peterborough

"Abolish the clocks twice yearly movement and make ALL half terms only two weeks long, we don't live an agricultural lifestyle anymore and the need for six weeks hols is outdated "

and make teachers strike during term time holidays, as they keep telling us they work in August. Punish the Gov, not the parents (I'm not a parent but but I get it)

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman  over a year ago

Coalville

"Hospital car parks should have a machine where you use a code given in your appointment confirmation so you can enter and exit free of charge for outpatients. Visitors for inpatients could maybe have a free park and ride service if they don’t want to pay to park onsite.

Hospitals should not be separate trusts and have a postcode lottery for treatment, it’s the national health service. We need regional centres of excellence and national reach for all illnesses. Employ more permanent staff of better pay and get rid of the layers of managerial hierarchy which costs money and does no good. Provide respite for bedblockers.

This I like"

Thanks OP! What would you change? I would defo support afternoon tea and the gin and chocolates manifestos too

Peterborough

Is it not already?

Whats the Irish system?

Pretty much the same here. Ive no idea about within coffee shops, and if its available etc. To be honest ive never really asked"

I've just checked Irish Tesco and they us red and blue caps for full fat. That doesn't happen here.

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

I’d build the wall

» Add a new message to this topic