FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Should you drink your calories?

Should you drink your calories?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

In my opinion, moderation is the key, but if one is training it comes down to 2 categories, if one is going on a cut or bulking, if one is going on a cut is better not to, because then it is all about saving the calories, the other reason when one could drink more calories is when one is bulking as then it is all about getting in the calories, so what do I do? I dont really drink so many calories as I like to get the majority of my calories from the food, but of course I do have some calories from the drinks, what do you do?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

I like to drink calories post-gym. I find that I can still fit in a proper meal not long after, plus it requires a lot less effort to make

LvM

By *eff4000Man  over a year ago

Camberley

I don't know if it's true but I remember reading a while back that alcohol calories when bulking are useless, they do nothing to help cultivate mass.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"In my opinion, moderation is the key, but if one is training it comes down to 2 categories, if one is going on a cut or bulking, if one is going on a cut is better not to, because then it is all about saving the calories, the other reason when one could drink more calories is when one is bulking as then it is all about getting in the calories, so what do I do? I dont really drink so many calories as I like to get the majority of my calories from the food, but of course I do have some calories from the drinks, what do you do? "
I drink and eat what I want so I just bulk up

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

I stay as nature intended. Doing well so far. As far as drink goes, I like milk.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

"I don't know if it's true but I remember reading a while back that alcohol calories when bulking are useless, they do nothing to help cultivate mass. "

I believe he's talking about shakes rather than a Bloody Mary

LvM

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

I used to drink a lot of protein shakes but they didn’t really make a big difference to me and I have just changed my diet to get enough daily protein in throughout the day. I also now just generally try and keep my weight stable and so my diet fits my activity levels for that goal.

By *inister_SpinsterWoman  over a year ago

North West

I drink very few calories, and this is a conscious decision. Over the counter drinks have frightening amounts of sugar. I choose not to have them.

I can see why liquid cals can be a useful tool if you're bulking.

I've only ever cut for competitions and it can be miserable.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If I was bulking then I’d drink shakes but I get my protein needs anyway through eating and would rather that way. Shakes for me would just be adding extra onto my required.

I think shakes are great though if you struggle to get the food in and hit your macros

Camberley

"I don't know if it's true but I remember reading a while back that alcohol calories when bulking are useless, they do nothing to help cultivate mass.

I believe he's talking about shakes rather than a Bloody Mary

LvM"

It was the "moderation is key" that threw me

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I think there's a good benefit to doing it to bulk out a meal. For examplez I'll mix up a protein shake and pour it over my Weetabix in the morning if I'm feeling lazy and I'll have one post workout with my evening meal as well.

Other than that, I mostly drink water and use food for calories. Still not sure if I'm in a deficit or surplus though as I've never gone into the macro nutrients.

What a world we live in

"I think there's a good benefit to doing it to bulk out a meal. For examplez I'll mix up a protein shake and pour it over my Weetabix in the morning if I'm feeling lazy and I'll have one post workout with my evening meal as well.

Other than that, I mostly drink water and use food for calories. Still not sure if I'm in a deficit or surplus though as I've never gone into the macro nutrients."

Yeah that’s good I used to mix it into my porridge

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

My first meal of the day is always a shake regardless if I’m cutting or bulking as it’s an on the go meal for me.

Post workout is either a meal or a shake depending if I feel like eating. Sometimes I’m starving and a meal is ideal, other times I really can’t face a full meal

Camberley

"I think there's a good benefit to doing it to bulk out a meal. For examplez I'll mix up a protein shake and pour it over my Weetabix in the morning if I'm feeling lazy and I'll have one post workout with my evening meal as well.

Other than that, I mostly drink water and use food for calories. Still not sure if I'm in a deficit or surplus though as I've never gone into the macro nutrients.

Yeah that’s good I used to mix it into my porridge "

I used to do it the other way, my protein.com had these powdered oats that went really in protein shakes. Actually quite delicious as well

Derby

Yeah that’s good I used to mix it into my porridge "

It's still on my list to buy some jars for overnight oats as it's something I've wanted to try for ages

Derby

Yeah that’s good I used to mix it into my porridge

I used to do it the other way, my protein.com had these powdered oats that went really in protein shakes. Actually quite delicious as well "

I used to use MyProtein but the prices seem to have skyrocketed recently

"I like to drink calories post-gym. I find that I can still fit in a proper meal not long after, plus it requires a lot less effort to make

LvM"

Yes, that is also good to do that

By *estLondonDeepMan  over a year ago

London

Even if I were to cut, my protein shakes (pre and post) would amount to 450 calories (double scoop), leaving 1550 for other meals, so it's never a problem.

I don't really cut though.

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

I always like to have a post work out McDonalds chocolate milkshake….

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

I take a vanilla protein shake with a blended banana & ground cinnamon 4-5 times a week just whenever my body needs it, can be pre or post workout. I don’t count calories or anything, your body is fine at regulating intake if you learn to listen to it

[Removed by poster at 28/11/22 14:10:02]

"If I was bulking then I’d drink shakes but I get my protein needs anyway through eating and would rather that way. Shakes for me would just be adding extra onto my required.

I think shakes are great though if you struggle to get the food in and hit your macros "

That is also good too

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I have protein drinks and snacks for postworkout and use whichever I fancy.

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

I'm calorie counting so I get my calories from food. I don't feel I have enough calories to allow for protein shakes etc. That would mean cutting out a meal which I would struggle to do. I'm often hungry as it is.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Dependa what your drinks and food are.

While macros are important, so is getting a full range of nutrients.

Drinks tend to satiate less tho so could lend to over consuming. Of course if bulking that could be a reason to.

Derby

"Dependa what your drinks and food are.

Drinks tend to satiate less tho so could lend to over consuming. Of course if bulking that could be a reason to.

"

So you're saying I could blend a few cooked turkey steaks and chicken breasts if I want to get absolutely wham?

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Dependa what your drinks and food are.

So you're saying I could blend a few cooked turkey steaks and chicken breasts if I want to get absolutely wham?"

I bet people have. Throw some kale in tho. It ain't all about the protein.

» Add a new message to this topic