FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Interesting discovery

Interesting discovery

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ryandsee OP   Man  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Well many of you will know I enjoy the forums and often start or contribute to threads. I find some of the bunter, as long as it's not offensive, quite funny. I am not bothered whether it's a man, woman, straight, bi or whatever. I just interact with that person if I have something to say and sometimes I may click on the profile to remind me of who I am talking to, no other reason. Well just clicked on the profile of someone I often have a little banter with, especially in the food threads, only to find out I have been blocked. It's a shame really but they must have a reason or an insecurity. Whatever it is, it's obviously their choice. Personally I will only block people who have been inappropriate or abusive or extreme in their manner in the forums. Apologies for the long post, just a bit of therapy

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Maybe you gave them indigestion?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They probably don’t even remember blocking you. Relax it’s part of the environment as I was told. It is a little odd that they would interact with someone they knew they blocked so I’m agreeing that they probably haven’t realised.

Yorkshire

"They probably don’t even remember blocking you. Relax it’s part of the environment as I was told. It is a little odd that they would interact with someone they knew they blocked so I’m agreeing that they probably haven’t realised.

"

You are absolutely right and that's what I found peculiar but so be it.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

It probably has nothing to do with forums we talk to loads of people on forums but we have filters up so single men can’t message us.

Have you moaned about being blocked on other threads?

We often block people that seem overly sensitive in the forums.

It’s in their interest.

Yorkshire

"It probably has nothing to do with forums we talk to loads of people on forums but we have filters up so single men can’t message us."

And you are right too and that's a personal choice that we all respect and you would see a pop up message explaing that . This was not that though as I was specifically blocked. Anyway, as I said it was just peculiar but each to their own.

Yorkshire

"Have you moaned about being blocked on other threads?

We often block people that seem overly sensitive in the forums.

It’s in their interest. "

Not at all. I mainly go on or start food and cake threads . Maybe that's what it is

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

It’s a fun told game isn’t it.

No point trying to guess the mindset of people on here, you will go nuts.

Just file them in your “fuckwits” bin!

I assume to be blocked by many, and I’d suggest the same to a one.

But yes, peculiar if they interact with someone in the forums, but, they may just be filtering you out for when they search for profiles to meet. I think it works that way. I dunno, Its futile to think you can figure everyone out in here.

By *rtyIanMan  over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

I’m blocked by a number of people makes zero odds to me, plenty other people to interact with here on the forums.

You will go mad if you analyse or try to every block or knock back

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"Well many of you will know I enjoy the forums and often start or contribute to threads. I find some of the bunter, as long as it's not offensive, quite funny. I am not bothered whether it's a man, woman, straight, bi or whatever. I just interact with that person if I have something to say and sometimes I may click on the profile to remind me of who I am talking to, no other reason. Well just clicked on the profile of someone I often have a little banter with, especially in the food threads, only to find out I have been blocked. It's a shame really but they must have a reason or an insecurity. Whatever it is, it's obviously their choice. Personally I will only block people who have been inappropriate or abusive or extreme in their manner in the forums. Apologies for the long post, just a bit of therapy "
maybe they looked at your pics and thought no just no

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I'm blocked by quite a few forum users which is their right just as I have a few posters blocked for spamming and trolling.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Yorkshire

"Well many of you will know I enjoy the forums and often start or contribute to threads. I find some of the bunter, as long as it's not offensive, quite funny. I am not bothered whether it's a man, woman, straight, bi or whatever. I just interact with that person if I have something to say and sometimes I may click on the profile to remind me of who I am talking to, no other reason. Well just clicked on the profile of someone I often have a little banter with, especially in the food threads, only to find out I have been blocked. It's a shame really but they must have a reason or an insecurity. Whatever it is, it's obviously their choice. Personally I will only block people who have been inappropriate or abusive or extreme in their manner in the forums. Apologies for the long post, just a bit of therapy maybe they looked at your pics and thought no just no "

Riddle solved

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I used to talk to a woman on the forums quite a lot. I was having a few people round my house so messaged her to see if she wanted to come and I was blocked

Yorkshire

"I used to talk to a woman on the forums quite a lot. I was having a few people round my house so messaged her to see if she wanted to come and I was blocked"

Yes that's the sort of thing I meant. I know people block or filter for all sorts of reasons and it's their perogative to do so. It's when it's done for no apparent reason, especially ftom someone you got on well with, that's a little strange. Hey ho, it is what it is as they say

"I used to talk to a woman on the forums quite a lot. I was having a few people round my house so messaged her to see if she wanted to come and I was blocked

Yes that's the sort of thing I meant. I know people block or filter for all sorts of reasons and it's their perogative to do so. It's when it's done for no apparent reason, especially ftom someone you got on well with, that's a little strange. Hey ho, it is what it is as they say "

No apparent reason is not the same as no reason. There's always a reason. You don't need to ever know or understand it.

Yorkshire

Just to make it clear. I agree everyone has the right to choose who they block or not and for whatever reasons they may have. I was just surprised about this particular person as are so friendly and chatty and their profile was open to me though I did not pm or anything like that. I had looked at their profile before and they did at mine a few times as someone might do just to remind themselves of who they are interacting with. It's not a big deal, I am certainly over it now though it means I will not chat to them in forums again as not sure what their reaction might be and save any embarrassment as I like an easy life

By *m_hardMan  over a year ago

Cricket St. Thomas

[Removed by poster at 28/11/22 17:27:08]

By *m_hardMan  over a year ago

Cricket St. Thomas

I have noticed that blocking survives user recycling. If someone blocks you, then leaves Fabs and later another person happens to create a user with the same name, you will still be blocked. It seems to be a flaw in the design.

[Removed by poster at 28/11/22 17:42:22]

Yorkshire

"I have noticed that blocking survives user recycling. If someone blocks you, then leaves Fabs and later another person happens to create a user with the same name, you will still be blocked. It seems to be a flaw in the design. "

That might be generally be the case, I wouldn't know but not applicable to this particular situation though as you say it probably happens generally

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

I (Mrs) block loads of people, too close, recognise them, don't like their face, profile pic or attitude, they seem a bit rude or they've sent a cock in the box .

It could be any reason but it's their reason, I wouldn't worry about it.

Mrs

I block loads for all sorts of reasons on here.

Yorkshire

"I (Mrs) block loads of people, too close, recognise them, don't like their face, profile pic or attitude, they seem a bit rude or they've sent a cock in the box .

Mrs "

Thanks and agree. Just strange as none of that applied and they are very friendly and chatty with me. Perhaps they are reading this and they might make them think for a moment but as you say, I no longer worry and thanks for the reply.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"I (Mrs) block loads of people, too close, recognise them, don't like their face, profile pic or attitude, they seem a bit rude or they've sent a cock in the box .

Mrs

Thanks and agree. Just strange as none of that applied and they are very friendly and chatty with me. Perhaps they are reading this and they might make them think for a moment but as you say, I no longer worry and thanks for the reply. "

You said above that you've never pm'd so does that mean your only engagement with this person has been through the forums and when you say they were chatty is that only on here?

Yorkshire

Thanks for all your comments guys, always appreciated if with good intent.It's not really a big deal for me now, it was just a surprise at the time but just leaving it there.

By *avexxMan  over a year ago

cheshire

the blocking virus,,

» Add a new message to this topic