FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Shopping Trolley/Cart Test

The Shopping Trolley/Cart Test

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eff4000 OP   Man  over a year ago

Camberley

The shopping cart is the ultimate litmus test for whether a person is capable of self-governing.

To return the shopping cart is an easy, convenient task and one which we all recognize as the correct, appropriate thing to do. To return the shopping cart is objectively right. There are no situations other than dire emergencies in which a person is not able to return their cart. Simultaneously, it is not illegal to abandon your shopping cart. Therefore the shopping cart presents itself as the apex example of whether a person will do what is right without being forced to do it. No one will punish you for not returning the shopping cart, no one will fine you or kill you for not returning the shopping cart, you gain nothing by returning the shopping cart. You must return the shopping cart out of the goodness of your own heart. You must return the shopping cart because it is the right thing to do. Because it is correct.

A person who is unable to do this is no better than an animal, an absolute savage who can only be made to do what is right by threatening them with a law and the force that stands behind it.

The Shopping Cart is what determines whether a person is a good or bad member of society.

What do you think fabbers?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I think it's a trolley

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think I return mind to get the quid back.

I'd disagree that people who don't return shopping trolleys are savages though

Camberley

"I think I return mind to get the quid back.

I'd disagree that people who don't return shopping trolleys are savages though"

Lol well, the quid return is a given.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

I use a basket. People with shopping trolleys, double buggy’s or mobility scooters should be banned in peak times

Camberley

"I think it's a trolley "

It's from the US, I couldn't be arsed to change cart for trolley however manuy times lol

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

Randomly leaving them around the supermarket car park means a teenager gets gainful employment collecting them again - it's a public service

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think it's right but that's because I always return my trolley or pass it on to someone looking for a trolley

Evie

"I use a basket. People with shopping trolleys, double buggy’s or mobility scooters should be banned in peak times "

How tolerant of you.

Many families rely on one or other of the parents to shop while the pther does childcare. Peak times are probably the only time they can do this as they are probably at work off peak.

Same with all the other things you mentioned, busses only run at certain times, so those without their own transport are reliant on these.

"Randomly leaving them around the supermarket car park means a teenager gets gainful employment collecting them again - it's a public service "

Returning them the trolleyparks also means a random teenager or pensioner gets to go tie them altogether and take them back to their nest by the front of the store.

Evie

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

I gave mine to a nice gentleman and he pissed off with my pound..

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

"Randomly leaving them around the supermarket car park means a teenager gets gainful employment collecting them again - it's a public service

Returning them the trolleyparks also means a random teenager or pensioner gets to go tie them altogether and take them back to their nest by the front of the store.

Evie "

Then random teenagers don’t get to pretend to be Jonny Knoxville when the supermarket closes

I bet people who don't return trolleys are the same people who leave their rubbish on the table at McDonald's and justify it by saying it gives someone a job to do

Evie

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I've done many things with my trolley.

I don't always take it back.

Sometimes I give it to someone else, with the £1 still in it.

One a couple of occasions I've left it near the car.

Camberley

"I bet people who don't return trolleys are the same people who leave their rubbish on the table at McDonald's and justify it by saying it gives someone a job to do

Evie "

definitely this lol

"I bet people who don't return trolleys are the same people who leave their rubbish on the table at McDonald's and justify it by saying it gives someone a job to do

Evie "

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

How common, you do your own shopping??

Peasants !

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I use a basket. People with shopping trolleys, double buggy’s or mobility scooters should be banned in peak times "

Ah, disabled people shouldn't be seen (or heard) by the general public?! This was the attitude of many in COVID lockdowns too, when I rocked up in my wheelchair.

Tough shit, sunshine. I'll shop when I damn well like

I scan and pop it straight into my bag

By *issBlackedCouple  over a year ago

ML3

I only take it back for the dopamine.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

People who overload baskets in the 15 items or less tills should be banned.

Get a flipping trolley.

I always return my trolley. I'm a good citizen. I also make sure to round up all the trolleys in the carpark. I am a trolley woman in my spare time just for fun. A top class citizen. Yes, that's me. Mario Kart.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I thought this was going to be about the one where you kill someone to save lots of lives or not.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"I thought this was going to be about the one where you kill someone to save lots of lives or not."

That's a trolley bus not a shopping trolley. (UK readers, trolley bus = old fashioned version of tram).

I have occassionally not returned my trolley, but if it is windy I always do. I couldnt handle the guilt that it may blow off and roll into someones car

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Agreed! In fact ban them completely! X

By *lephantisMan  over a year ago

Oxford

The purer form of this test is Waitrose, where you don't have to loan a pound to the go-kart in order to use it. There is therefore no financial incentive to bring it back. Yet the trolley-boys (not seen anyone other than boys) are the least busy I've ever seen.

Conclusion? Treat people as if you assume they are trustworthy, and most will live up to your hopes. Treat people with suspicion, transactionally, and they will similarly respond likewise.

I offer this advice free to the DSS, the police, and in fact pretty much every public body and private corporation.

By *olly SwallowsTV/TS  over a year ago

Sexville

I just order it online and some nice man or women drops it’s straight at my door. No carts get left behind!

North West

"I use a basket. People with shopping trolleys, double buggy’s or mobility scooters should be banned in peak times

Agreed! In fact ban them completely! X"

Ban disabled people who need mobility scooters from shopping? Alright........

By *.nottsbloke..Man  over a year ago

1nottsbloke

Evie

I have a rule with McDonalds if I tell them I am eating in and they bag it for takeaway the rubbish stays on the table if it on a tray I bin the rubbish

"

ashford

"I use a basket. People with shopping trolleys, double buggy’s or mobility scooters should be banned in peak times

Ban disabled people who need mobility scooters from shopping? Alright........ "

Was tounge in cheek! As a supermarket picker lol!!! x

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"I think it's a trolley

It's from the US, I couldn't be arsed to change cart for trolley however manuy times lol"

I think the highest test of your worth to society is whether you copy stuff from the internet or not.

Someone abandoned a trolley at the bottom of works driveway, we dragged it to work, lined it and filled it with soil to grow vegetables with the children

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

It's about social responsibility. This topic is on the curriculum in some countries. In the UK we are fond of promoting our 'rights' but less keen on our 'responsibilities'.

I haven't done a Big Shop in years, I leave the basket by the till. I must be a monster...

North West

Was tounge in cheek! As a supermarket picker lol!!! x"

I say ban supermarket pickers. Ocado has the right idea there.

North West

"I think it's a trolley

It's from the US, I couldn't be arsed to change cart for trolley however manuy times lol

I think the highest test of your worth to society is whether you copy stuff from the internet or not."

The highest worth is how you treat the most vulnerable in society and some of the comments here demonstrate what worth some place on such members of society.

"Someone abandoned a trolley at the bottom of works driveway, we dragged it to work, lined it and filled it with soil to grow vegetables with the children "

Around here they’d just throw it into the river.

ashford

Was tounge in cheek! As a supermarket picker lol!!! x

I say ban supermarket pickers. Ocado has the right idea there."

Ohh dear! x

ashford

"I just order it online and some nice man or women drops it’s straight at my door. No carts get left behind! "

Absoulutley the right idea! x

Camberley

"Someone abandoned a trolley at the bottom of works driveway, we dragged it to work, lined it and filled it with soil to grow vegetables with the children "

This is a great idea

Camberley

"I think it's a trolley

I think the highest test of your worth to society is whether you copy stuff from the internet or not."

You must think I'm a monster

Camberley

"It's about social responsibility. This topic is on the curriculum in some countries. In the UK we are fond of promoting our 'rights' but less keen on our 'responsibilities'. "

Exactly this, bit surprised at some of the reaction to it lol

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Why do they always have a wobbly wheel?

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Laceby

My local supermarket is next to a river bank. The river has recently been dredged and they found 000's of trollies in there.

What puzzles me, is that it's more of a walk to the river than it is the supermarket entrance, or any of the trolley collection points.

I saw one in a field once, miles from anywhere - that's quite some effort!

I guess some people are just mischief makers.

C

I'd disagree that people who don't return shopping trolleys are savages though"

I always return my trolley whether or not I've had to put money in it.

Let's face it, the return points aren't miles away. There are plenty of them dotted about the car park.

Not returning them is lazy and inconsiderate. They also present a hazard to others and can cause damage to parked cars as they do have a tendancy to roll into things

North West

Let's face it, the return points aren't miles away. There are plenty of them dotted about the car park.

Not returning them is lazy and inconsiderate. They also present a hazard to others and can cause damage to parked cars as they do have a tendancy to roll into things"

I'm a wheelchair user and I always return my trolley. It's really not difficult to do.

ashford

Not returning them is lazy and inconsiderate. They also present a hazard to others and can cause damage to parked cars as they do have a tendancy to roll into things"

Think the majority take them back to trolly points going by our car park x

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It's about social responsibility. This topic is on the curriculum in some countries. In the UK we are fond of promoting our 'rights' but less keen on our 'responsibilities'.

Exactly this, bit surprised at some of the reaction to it lol"

I'm not shocked.

» Add a new message to this topic