FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Who actually likes Christmas?

Who actually likes Christmas?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If you do, great, and I’m happy for you and your loved ones, but I’m usually glad when we get back to normal. Am I an outlier? (If I am, fine, but just curious about other folks)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *reeneggsandsamMan  over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

I'm starting to enjoy it since my little girl came along. I spent twenty five years dreading it, almost fearing it. I loathed the expense, I feared the time off work I couldn't see the point at all in celebrating a religious festival when I know that God doesn't exist. (I don't celebrate Easter or ascension so why Christmas)?

Since moving to France I'm glad it's just a day.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I like the thought of Christmas, the reality is its bloody chaos with 4 kids, tears & tantrums, house Is rammed full of toys, spending money on stuff they don't need because "its Christmas" pisses me off when I'd rather use that money on practical stuff or a nice 2 week holiday in the sun.

The run up to the big day is my favourite, Christmas movies with nice food, markets, decorations ect...

Mrs C

By *ld StrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Telford

I love Christmas and over the years it’s been scaled down more and more where expenditure is concerned by choice and it’s made it even lovelier I am less stress about making it perfect and everything get set on time in stone it’s all more relaxed. It is more difficult with young children so

I totally get how people feel

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals xxx

I love Christmas, it's probably the only time of year I feel happy. I have lots of reasons to love it and I have reasons it makes me sad, but it's still my favourite.

It's the fairy lights, the music, the walks on a cold dark evening, seeing people that little bit more happy, cheesy Xmas films, gingerbread lattes, mulled wine!

Christmas is only commercial and expensive if you choose to make it that way.

I used to. A lot. But this year it’s a hell no.

Please be over very quickly.

I hope everyone has a happy one though.

By *mily36CWoman  over a year ago

Bracknell... (or anywhere beginning with B..!?)

Love Christmas and always hoping for snow ... enjoy the down time and a damn good excuse to indulge in Bailey's

Stopped buying presents years ago and money spent on wasteful gifts goes into a pot for family outing on boxing day to rugby or races, cinema or panto etc.

#makeitwhatyouwantittobe

By *rijj73Man  over a year ago

croydon

It’s meant to be fun but seeing how stressed people get and how much money they spend, the rush to get the latest toy

I’ve worked Christmas most years so not bothered if I’m honest

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Used to be just another day, I always said I’d happy work Christmas Day. But now I love it as I have kids once they’ve grown out of the excitement stage I guess it will go back to being just another day.

The mr

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

I hate it. And have done all my life.

Awkwardly, Alice loves it.

I like it in films....and I like the holiday from work..... and I like it being over.

That's about it.

By *inch nylon loverMan  over a year ago

colchester

Love it, making people happy and relaxing. All about kids and as i have none its my nephews and nieces that make it special

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

I love the celebrations of Christmas and don't enter into all the money side of it, I'll go out for a meal on Christmas day but the religious side of it means nothing to me

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I love the build up to it & Christmas Eve .

I often find the day itself a bit meh,but i have both Xmas Eve and Xmas day off this year ,I haven't for a while so I intend to enjoy it .

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

The Christmas holiday is far too long now. The shops have stuff in straight after August Bank Holiday now!

Christmas should be Christmas Eve (pub), Christmas Day (family meal) and Boxing Day [sport).

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

But the flip side is your kids gotta make it a celebration for them....... I love to see a happy child my kids were so happy as children I made sure of it

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

I love it! Hate new year

By *D of funCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

Love it...

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I use to love it but on the last ten years or so it's just lost most of its appeal. I am usually working it anyhow and I think that's a lot of the reason as well that it's tough to get into the spirit of it. But this year has been a tough year and we decided to all be together as a family and I'm actually off Christmas day so I'm looking forward to it this year and spending time with my family.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Love it love the togetherness with family! Playing games after dinner! Only downside is the expense! But I read on a f book post someone said I can't remember what I got as gifts each Christmas but I do remember the get together and fun with the family x

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I really dislike Christmas, it dramatically affects my mental health. I’ve had a wobble already and it’s still November. If it wasn’t for my children I’d have nothing to do with it

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

The whole of december is Christmas for me, so many opportunities to meet up with friends and celebrate with dinner and drinks. The gift part has never really interested me, it's all about the family and friends for me

Christmas to me is a time to reflect , am not one bit materialistic, the most important thing you can ever give ...and l mean ever ..is your time ..your time is priceless.

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

"I really dislike Christmas, it dramatically affects my mental health. I’ve had a wobble already and it’s still November. If it wasn’t for my children I’d have nothing to do with it "

Sums it up perfectly.

I live it,always have,growing up we didn't have much during the year so Christmas was always made Special for us

Can't stand it, it give me anxiety every year, hate it

Last few iv been super miserable so not a big fan

Not really, I like the small stuff, but not the day itself because I never get to do what I want!

By *nterblueMan  over a year ago

manchester

I enjoy most aspects of it. I take some time off, see friends and family. The lights give a little lift to my soul on the dark nights. Nice treats and watching favourite movies.

I'm not so keen on the shops and Christmas songs grate after hearing the same ones over and over and over.

By *hogun300Man  over a year ago

Dundee

I do, can be stressful and very expensive but it's always worth it to see the kids so exited and happy. Hard bit now is trying to find new ideas for the bastard elf.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I don't like Christmas but used to make it really special for my son when he was little. Now I have grandchildren I see the oldest ones excitement the youngest is to young to understand

Things I think about Christmas:

The Build Up - There is no need to start this on late October

The Music - There are about 4 good Christmas tunes, and 14,966 good non Christmas tunes

The TV Adverts, oh god the TV Adverts - I was asked to sponsor a cat the other day, a cat!

Seeing the amount of money that some people spend on gifts - Talk about buying affection

Christmas Day - I always enjoy the day, do a similar thing each year with similar people, and it's low key and very relaxing

A well decorated tree - Prefer real won't won't fake shame a decent plastic one

Boxing Day Sales - Sigh

How quickly people fuck it all off - It's 12 days, starting the 25th; not 2 months from 26th October to 26th Dec

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't dislike it. I enjoy seeing family and sharing food with them. I dislike the pressure applied to people and the commercial aspect though

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

"I love Christmas, it's probably the only time of year I feel happy. I have lots of reasons to love it and I have reasons it makes me sad, but it's still my favourite.

It's the fairy lights, the music, the walks on a cold dark evening, seeing people that little bit more happy, cheesy Xmas films, gingerbread lattes, mulled wine!

Christmas is only commercial and expensive if you choose to make it that way. "

Gotta love it! It's a time for GIVING

By *arialoueWoman  over a year ago

bradford

I'm not feeling it this year, can't wait for it to be over

I love Xmas all the pretty lights and displays balls hanging off tree not just on bout the glittery kind either

Also like visit from Miss Clause in the Anne summers sexy Santa suit Santa not the only one to empty his sack over Xmas

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

I’m not a huge fan

By *littlteBitMoreWoman  over a year ago

Scotland

Not keen

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

I like it a lot. Brings back some happy past memories of past ones which we always talk about at our get togethers. We host at each others homes over various days. I am doing New Years eve.

I am usually a nervous wreck in the month leading up to it between getting in gifts, wrapping, decorating, finishing up work, squeezing in nights out etc

I absolutely love Xmas eve til boxing day though as that part is all done and everything pauses for a few day so you can just eat, laugh and spend proper time with family.

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I don't celebrate it and there are a number of things about it i dont like (namely greed, excess and consumerism). But I very much enjoy seeing other people enjoying it and try not to be overly negative or cynical about it

By *DFL6828Man  over a year ago

Leicester

I hate it, as I have no kids or lady, can't wait till it's over, then I can look forward to the spring

By *eneralKenobiMan  over a year ago

North Angus

"If you do, great, and I’m happy for you and your loved ones, but I’m usually glad when we get back to normal. Am I an outlier? (If I am, fine, but just curious about other folks)"

I hated it but I’ve come to detest it, with it starting in November November is a joke it has to be one of my most depressing times of year and it’s crammed down my throat earlier an earlier

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I dislike it in general (my grandad died on Christmas Day when I was 10). But what I hate is the constant reminder of the date from September, it used to rally upset my gran love her.

Seem lots on other social media to be kind to those who put their lights really early this year because of mental health. But then Christmas can be the loneliness time of the year for many. Do we need constant reminding it's the most magical time of the year for the majority? Think better balance is needed personally.

By *ANDA!Man  over a year ago

DUMFRIES

I hate it, always have done since I was right young. When I lived with my dad, step mum and younger step brother (30odd Yr ago) Christmas morning we would be up and I'd have to sit and watch that little prick open up hundreds and hundreds of pounds worth of presents, top money stuff, mummy spared no expense for her Little boy. Then I had a few quids worth of shit to open, usually 2nd hand stuff, clothes she found in the charity shop for me. Once bought me monopoly that she got from oxfam and half the money had been replaced with just bits of paper with the denominations scribbled on it.

So aye, I hated Christmas then and I hate Christmas now

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I like the idea of it. Spending time with family and friends, eating food that's taken care, time and love to create.

Being thought of and thinking of others.

Enjoying moments and making memories that people will appreciate and treasure.

It ain't like that tho is it.

It's commercial, it's expensive, and let's be honest, jobs where you actually get time off at Christmas are few and far between these days so if you're lucky you might get to see someone you know other than colleagues for one day if that.

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

Nope I can happily ignore it. When my daughter was a kid yes it was fun but now she's all grown up and with a family of her own not so much. My ex I suspect gets the invites I'm frozen out - now I'm coming over all bitter and I'm not (well not much) it's just the way it is

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

I have spent the majority of my Christmas times alone, but I still enjoy the thought of it, the memories, marking the time when the days start to stretch (albeit slowly) again.

Christmas isn’t about what other people do, it’s about what YOU do, yes mass marketing, consumerism and all that is ugly, but you can have a beautiful Christmas, you just have to want it.

» Add a new message to this topic