Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rtyIan OP   Man  over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

Who has ink

What you got, is there a story?

Do you plan on getting more.

I only got one, pic in my gallery

It’s the sign of OM and has Buddha in it

Had it when I started my Reiki and meditation about 10 yrs ago. May have the chakras done under it down the spine.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I've got 5 and each has a personal meaning to me, currently in plans for a recolour of a 15 year old one that has faded out, swopping yellow and greens for red, orange and purples

By *humper.Man  over a year ago

northumberland/scotland

Morning mate

I've recently finished a tribute tattoo that I originally started for my daughter... 14 years ago.

It's the dragon, going from my tit to my elbow. The dragon symbolises strength and protection, its holding onto a pearl (daughters birthstone) and now an opal too (sons birthstone)

I also have an Einstein quote that I like on my other bicep

And my first tattoo was my daughters name at the base of my neck/top of back that I got a few days after she was born (nearly 16 years ago )

Undoubtedly want more!

Gateway to the Beacons

"Morning mate

I've recently finished a tribute tattoo that I originally started for my daughter... 14 years ago.

It's the dragon, going from my tit to my elbow. The dragon symbolises strength and protection, its holding onto a pearl (daughters birthstone) and now an opal too (sons birthstone)

And my first tattoo was my daughters name at the base of my neck/top of back that I got a few days after she was born (nearly 16 years ago )

Undoubtedly want more!

"

I want something to symbolise my kids son now 33 daughter just 16 an my first grandson almost a month old.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have one on my inner wrist.

I want more though I just can't decide what or where.

By *humper.Man  over a year ago

northumberland/scotland

"Morning mate

Undoubtedly want more!

I want something to symbolise my kids son now 33 daughter just 16 an my first grandson almost a month old."

If I didn't already have the birthstones, I'd be getting my kids, dogs, step kids etc birthflowers as a lil "garden" somewhere. Feel free to pinch that idea if you like it

Gateway to the Beacons

"Morning mate

Undoubtedly want more!

I want something to symbolise my kids son now 33 daughter just 16 an my first grandson almost a month old.

If I didn't already have the birthstones, I'd be getting my kids, dogs, step kids etc birthflowers as a lil "garden" somewhere. Feel free to pinch that idea if you like it "

I’d have to research that one

I've loads of tattoos

Gateway to the Beacons

"I've loads of tattoos"

Any story or just stuff you like?

Gateway to the Beacons

"Morning mate

Undoubtedly want more!

If I didn't already have the birthstones, I'd be getting my kids, dogs, step kids etc birthflowers as a lil "garden" somewhere. Feel free to pinch that idea if you like it "

A cosmos and chrysanthemum I would have to add a foxglove as well for my daughter and a daffodil of course.

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I've got several, my favourite is my sleeve which was accidental and is based on Escher. I've got a back and chest piece and 4 large ones on my other arm. Only my chest piece really has a meaning, it's a lyric and a semi colon.

Have got some been thinking about getting one on my ass cheek though

2 a crab on my foot for my zodiac sign and a four leaf clover on my wrist for lucky for being alive.

Gateway to the Beacons

"Have got some been thinking about getting one on my ass cheek though "

What you thinking of getting

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

I have 15 so far.

All have meanings to them , some are for my children.

Only two that don't are the pretty floral ones I have on either side of my collarbone.

Still more to have one day I'm sure,plenty of ideas yet.

By *T SwingersCouple  over a year ago

Brazil

I have a scorpion for my star sign, a dragon for my chinese year and my Irish family coat of arms.

By *ornycougaWoman  over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat

I currently have 2. Came to the tattoo party late as my ex hated them. I got my first when I ended that relationship to (literally) mark that I was never going back. It's an unalome - it symbolises our journey through life with trials and tribulations along the way, and how we learn from these to find spiritual contentment. Totally resonated with where I was at in my own life journey at the time. I love it but wish I had been bolder and gone for something bigger and more elaborate.

Gateway to the Beacons

"I currently have 2. Came to the tattoo party late as my ex hated them. I got my first when I ended that relationship to (literally) mark that I was never going back. It's an unalome - it symbolises our journey through life with trials and tribulations along the way, and how we learn from these to find spiritual contentment. Totally resonated with where I was at in my own life journey at the time. I love it but wish I had been bolder and gone for something bigger and more elaborate."

They can be very elaborate can’t they seen some when I was looking at the chakras

By *lueFireCouple  over a year ago

just somewhere around here

I have the Misfits album cover "Die die die my darling" on one leg and a partial leg sleeve on the other of a gothic/cute snow white a skeletal snow white in the mirror and a cute Alice in wonderland

Mr R

By *hogun300Man  over a year ago

Dundee

At the moment I have a dragon on upper arm, skull n roses on lower with clocks showing the time of my daughters birth.

On the other arm I have a roman gladius and Eagle, a day of the dead tattoo and a samurai weilding woman.

On my legs I have a koi fish, and script down one thigh,

I also have a full back piece with a japenese theme.

Deff get more

"I have the Misfits album cover "Die die die my darling" on one leg and a partial leg sleeve on the other of a gothic/cute snow white a skeletal snow white in the mirror and a cute Alice in wonderland

Mr R"

And lots of random blackwork....some good some not

"Have got some been thinking about getting one on my ass cheek though

What you thinking of getting "

Love heart

By *amelaXTV/TS  over a year ago

Swindon

One very discreet one, which only special people get to see

Gateway to the Beacons

"I have the Misfits album cover "Die die die my darling" on one leg and a partial leg sleeve on the other of a gothic/cute snow white a skeletal snow white in the mirror and a cute Alice in wonderland

Mr R

And lots of random blackwork....some good some not"

Sounds good and from your pics can see the good lady has quite a bit

Its a secret only fire can tell

Gateway to the Beacons

"At the moment I have a dragon on upper arm, skull n roses on lower with clocks showing the time of my daughters birth.

On the other arm I have a roman gladius and Eagle, a day of the dead tattoo and a samurai weilding woman.

On my legs I have a koi fish, and script down one thigh,

I also have a full back piece with a japenese theme.

Deff get more"

By *ingerminx7913Woman  over a year ago

North Shields

I've got 8 with one new and another planned. They don't all have meaning, just because I like them. Three of them are Disney tattoos!

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

I have 17, Fox has a fair few too. We'll both get more.

Each of mine has meaning to me, to other people some are more obvious than others but I don't get them done for anyone else but me.

They're a major ballache to edit out of photos though so if and when we take any new shots they'll just be hidden by clothes or I'll just block them out in black. Like faces ink is easily recognisable.

A

Gateway to the Beacons

"I have 17, Fox has a fair few too. We'll both get more.

Each of mine has meaning to me, to other people some are more obvious than others but I don't get them done for anyone else but me.

They're a major ballache to edit out of photos though so if and when we take any new shots they'll just be hidden by clothes or I'll just block them out in black. Like faces ink is easily recognisable.

A"

I don’t think I could have meaningless stuff on me forever

Like some of the stuff you see on tattoo fixers you think why

By *ingerminx7913Woman  over a year ago

North Shields

A"

I'm finding it more and more difficult to edit them out without it looking crazy so I've kind of given up :') it's only going to get harder to do!

Gateway to the Beacons

"I've got 8 with one new and another planned. They don't all have meaning, just because I like them. Three of them are Disney tattoos! "

Liking them has meaning to you in some context though

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

Like some of the stuff you see on tattoo fixers you think why "

Yep. The guy I use is generally booked up 9-12 months in advance and doesn't do flash card stuff.

Of course there are trends and people are influenced by what they see on others, but copying what someone else has just because you like a design is no different to wearing brand label clothes to me - it's just temporary fashion.

There's a lot of money to be made in laser tattoo removal and cover ups......

A

A

Meaningless doesn't mean shit and stupid in the style of tattoo fixers stock in trade pissed up knobhead. Not every tattoo need a ridiculous back story. And pocketwatches in particular prove that a tattoo can be maningful and shit!

I have loads

Very few have meaning, mostly just stuff that I like

And I few little face ones as well, (no I am not unemployed )

Gateway to the Beacons

A

Meaningless doesn't mean shit and stupid in the style of tattoo fixers stock in trade pissed up knobhead. Not every tattoo need a ridiculous back story. And pocketwatches in particular prove that a tattoo can be maningful and shit!

"

That’s what I was referring to as meaningless the shagaloof stag pissed up stuff

A

That’s what I was referring to as meaningless the shagaloof stag pissed up stuff

"

I think mindless is a better way of referring to them rather than meaningingless.

Mr R

And lots of random blackwork....some good some not

Sounds good and from your pics can see the good lady has quite a bit"

Yes she has a ongoing lily piece plus others we both use the same tattooist....her work is awesome

A

Not everyone wants tattoos that have a back story or a meaning

Doesn't mean the tattooes are of less quality that others

By *DFL6828Man  over a year ago

Leicester

I have loads of ink and about 85% of them tell my life story.

By *eneralKenobiMan  over a year ago

North Angus

I’ve a fair few but probably still minimal in comparison to some, some have stories some don’t although one is an award winning tattoo so that’s a story in itself

Gateway to the Beacons

A

Doesn't mean the tattooes are of less quality that others "

I agree

I have a few , most of them I had done before the age of 18 so I don’t particularly like them anymore. I had one done on my arm a few years ago for my mum who passed away, so that’s my favourite.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

I've loads..I got most of them in the 80s..back then very few people had stories behind tattoos.. we got them to be different.. rebellious and to piss off our mums.....oh how things have changed..

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

I have one of a star sign that is not my own!

Gateway to the Beacons

"I've loads..I got most of them in the 80s..back then very few people had stories behind tattoos.. we got them to be different.. rebellious and to piss off our mums.....oh how things have changed.. "

I along with mates done the Indian ink and needle stuff

By *eard and TattsCouple  over a year ago

Cwmbran

"Who has ink

Had it when I started my Reiki and meditation about 10 yrs ago. May have the chakras done under it down the spine."

We have a few between us

Gateway to the Beacons

"Who has ink

Had it when I started my Reiki and meditation about 10 yrs ago. May have the chakras done under it down the spine.

We have a few between us"

I did notice

By *ittlebirdWoman  over a year ago

The Big Smoke

I have loads now and have quite a few more planned. Each one of them has a meaning to me as I find tattoos are very personal. I do have lots and lots of words as I love words in every context.

It’s hard to pick a favourite but the song lyrics from the song On the Edge of a Cliff by the Streets is by right thigh piece and it helps me to be here everyday

Gateway to the Beacons

"I have loads now and have quite a few more planned. Each one of them has a meaning to me as I find tattoos are very personal. I do have lots and lots of words as I love words in every context.

It’s hard to pick a favourite but the song lyrics from the song On the Edge of a Cliff by the Streets is by right thigh piece and it helps me to be here everyday "

I like your word ink

By *uddly GoblinMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I'm heavily covered in ink, most of which was just stuff I liked

I’ve got a music related sleeve in progress, where they’re artistic interpretations of song lyrics. 2 on my other arm and one on my leg and chest then as well

By *riel13Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

"Who has ink

Had it when I started my Reiki and meditation about 10 yrs ago. May have the chakras done under it down the spine."

I have had quite a bit, over the last 32 years... Some of it means something personal, some just meant I like the design... I will never be finished

By *hogun300Man  over a year ago

Dundee

A

Doesn't mean the tattooes are of less quality that others "

Agree, 2 of mine do. The others are all tattoos I liked the idea of having. So I did. Never understood the have to gave meaning thing

Gateway to the Beacons

A

Agree, 2 of mine do. The others are all tattoos I liked the idea of having. So I did. Never understood the have to gave meaning thing"

In the original post I merely asked was there a story,

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

Agree, 2 of mine do. The others are all tattoos I liked the idea of having. So I did. Never understood the have to gave meaning thing"

I don't think Tattoos have to have meaning to everyone. I'm just not a fan of flash card style ink that people get because some random celeb has it/their mate just got one etc.

To me a good tattoo should be unique, even if it's done in a traditional style or in a certain theme.

Good artists can be given an idea, even if seen elsewhere and come up with something different and personal. If all someone does is see a design in a window and say 'I want that one' then that's their choice. But if you can walk into a tattoo parlour and be seen straight away it doesn't say much for the artist if they can fit you in as a walk in. Most good artists are booked up weeks, months and in some cases over a year in advance.

A

Gateway to the Beacons

A

Agree, 2 of mine do. The others are all tattoos I liked the idea of having. So I did. Never understood the have to gave meaning thing

I don't think Tattoos have to have meaning to everyone. I'm just not a fan of flash card style ink that people get because some random celeb has it/their mate just got one etc.

To me a good tattoo should be unique, even if it's done in a traditional style or in a certain theme.

Good artists can be given an idea, even if seen elsewhere and come up with something different and personal. If all someone does is see a design in a window and say 'I want that one' then that's their choice. But if you can walk into a tattoo parlour and be seen straight away it doesn't say much for the artist if they can fit you in as a walk in. Most good artists are booked up weeks, months and in some cases over a year in advance.

A"

just that i am not slating anyones choice to have anything they want

there are some amazing pieces of art that have zero story but look good due to the artist and uniqueness of the work

By *trawberry shortcake 9999Woman  over a year ago

Sudbury, Cambridge, Midlands

I like ink and piercings, I have a fair amount already and would love more.

All of mine are because I like them, are significant to times in my life etc

» Add a new message to this topic