FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Observation - smokers

Observation - smokers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *appyfazer600 OP   Man  over a year ago

Chippenham

This is not a bash at smokers. I respect everyone's right to do what they want. Just an observation, concern and some sadness too.

A friend of mine, early fifties, is about to go into a hospice. She's 50, was a long term smoker and having managed to recover from lung cancer has now been diagnosed with multiple brain tumours. This will likely be her last Christmas with her friends and family. I have to admire how positive she's been over the last couple of years a lovely woman.

I don't know if it's me but there seem to be an inordinate amount of gorgeous, sexy, lovely women on here who are smokers and I fear for their future. I know, I should filter my search. I just wonder if they experienced someone going through what my friend is whether they would give up and think of their possible future. Rant over!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"This is not a bash at smokers. I respect everyone's right to do what they want. Just an observation, concern and some sadness too.

A friend of mine, early fifties, is about to go into a hospice. She's 50, was a long term smoker and having managed to recover from lung cancer has now been diagnosed with multiple brain tumours. This will likely be her last Christmas with her friends and family. I have to admire how positive she's been over the last couple of years a lovely woman.

I don't know if it's me but there seem to be an inordinate amount of gorgeous, sexy, lovely women on here who are smokers and I fear for their future. I know, I should filter my search. I just wonder if they experienced someone going through what my friend is whether they would give up and think of their possible future. Rant over! "

People sometimes believe they see indestructible though and never think of the consequences

I lost my Mum 6 years today, she had been suffering COPD and died of respiratory failure, watching her go through that is not something I would wish on anyone

I hope your friend is as comfortable as she can be

I used to be a smoker. It’s such a difficult addiction to kick. Truthfully nothing would have made me stop when I didn’t want to. I woke up one day and just decided I didn’t want to smoke anymore and I’m glad I did. I personally wouldn’t not meet with a smoker as long as they weren’t stinking of it , I can’t stand the smell anymore.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

I smoked for decades. Started way too young.

I've vaped now for 7 years and never felt better. No doubt the smoking years have had an impact but that's a choice I made as an adult.

I know friends and family who have never smoked who have developed cancer. People make choices. People eat stuff that's bad for them. People drink. People choose not to exercise. People have sex with total strangers whose past history they don't know.

Plenty of things will cause ill health and many are avoidable. But you have to let people make their own life choices.

A

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Should we only worry about the sexy lady smokers? What about the not-sexy lady smokers, the men, the transpeople etc?

By *ustardChuckerMan  over a year ago

Exetershire

"Should we only worry about the sexy lady smokers? What about the not-sexy lady smokers, the men, the transpeople etc?

"

Fuck em - the beautiful laydeez are what matters

Chippenham

I agree of course. I wasn't being prejudicial at all! It was just to emphasise the contrast but you're absolutely right

Chippenham

Oh I absolutely agree. It's just when you see these lovely women having fun and enjoying life and think about what may happen it saddens me.

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

The entire topic is crazy. They are banning heading footballs to prevent what? Maybe 10 deaths a year? Yet in the UK, 80,000 die every year from smoking related disease.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I say to one of my sons u should give up look what happened to your grandad! He died of lung cancer! But he still carries on! I gave up smoking 30 years ago! Know its not easy x

"Oh I absolutely agree. It's just when you see these lovely women having fun and enjoying life and think about what may happen it saddens me. "

"Ted - will you get up there? The girls won't stay lovely forever."

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I started smoking when I was 12 and I'm now 57. I've conquered many things in my life but I've never been able to give up the fags

"The entire topic is crazy. They are banning heading footballs to prevent what? Maybe 10 deaths a year? Yet in the UK, 80,000 die every year from smoking related disease. "

That’s is not to do with deaths

CTE and I know lot abou That topic

The one off the leaders in resretch in to cte

Is the ufc

They second just behind the nfl

I know im trying to have lungs as black as my heart aaaaaargh

It can happen to anyone at any time

There’s rumble Johnson

A professional athlete at the top off the game

Only 38 years old died just the other week there to

non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma

By *edheadjMan  over a year ago

High Wycombe

"The entire topic is crazy. They are banning heading footballs to prevent what? Maybe 10 deaths a year? Yet in the UK, 80,000 die every year from smoking related disease. "

So they shouldn't stop heading because not enough people are dying from head injuries in the long term?

Heading can lead to a CTE, which has been found to be a trigger for other degenerative diseases such as MND, Parkinson's and dementia. If this small change to a game can prevent more people and their families from going through these horrible conditions, so be it.

By *uzie69xTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

"I woke up one day and just decided I didn’t want to smoke anymore and I’m glad I did."

This is Public Health "gold" in terms of "Stop Smoking" campaign. I used to work in Public Health and we're perplexed what is the trigger to stop? We need a "focus group" of successful quitters to try and figure out your motivation.

» Add a new message to this topic