FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Yes it’s me

Yes it’s me

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rtyIan OP   Man  over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

The what the fuck is sleep thread

I’ve just got another glass of water, yes a pint.

So we know as well as not sleeping I will be watering the porcelain. Why or what is your no sleep reason??

Sending hugs and cwtches to you all

Clothed and naked

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orphia2003Woman  over a year ago

Tonypandy.

I'm not sleeping as I'm at work all night. But also have chronic insomnia, so can't sleep much in the day either. It's a very strange thing for me, as I've always been able to fall asleep quickly at any time of day or night. (Guess that's what 30 years of odd shift patterns do to you).

So, anyone awake and bored at night, feel free to message me and chat shite.

By *rettyflamingoCouple  over a year ago

Where the flamboyance of flamingos live

I’m going through a particularly bad phase of insomnia. But I actually got to 3:30 this morning when last evening I was awake from 2am.

So, what do people do when wide awake in the wee small hours? My go to is the tv and a cuppa, I know some say this is bad but I put to the tv to hopefully fall back to asleep to it playing in the background.

Hugs and more hugs us tortured minds

Tonypandy.

TV or background noise sometimes works for me. Tried the white noise / running water/ washing machine etc sleep apps, but don't seem to work long term. They send me to sleep, but doesn't last long.

Gateway to the Beacons

I put the calm app on and play sleep meditations.

Other times I go sit outside in the fresh air,

Be better with a cwtch partner

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m mostly happy, so it’s an odd situation. I just don’t know what my purpose in life is, you know? That thing that lights my fire and practically propels me out of bed everyday.

Gateway to the Beacons

"I’m mostly happy, so it’s an odd situation. I just don’t know what my purpose in life is, you know? That thing that lights my fire and practically propels me out of bed everyday."

I get that and right now I don’t know mine, I just run on autopilot at the moment going from day to day. The things I love to do don’t pay the bills so I just carry on with the thing I know.

I should promote my art and photography more. I should carry on with the personal development coaching. I should get back to cooking for people teaching people to cook. But I don’t I just do a job I don’t like and haven’t for a long time.

I go through periods of really bad sleep and sleeping like little baby Jesus, which I'm in a stage of now.

All I know is that I find the best remedy is not trying to sleep for another hour or so and then trying again if you've been tossing and turning lots.

Sometimes for me it's not even worrying about anything, it's just not being tired enough. I'm like a damn Duracell bunny!

Gateway to the Beacons

Since last Friday I think I’ve had about 10 hrs sleep in total.

Running on empty at the moment.

"Since last Friday I think I’ve had about 10 hrs sleep in total.

Running on empty at the moment."

Just asking some questions, are you exercising, eating healthy, keeping yourself busy?

Those all usually help to

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I can't put my phone down and actually try to go to sleep. I need some kind of app that locks my phone after a certain time...

Gateway to the Beacons

Exercise not at the moment not even my cold water swimming as the rivers been up

Diet is generally good helps I can cook anything

Keeping busy not really, not done any art for a while, no photography, not a lot of writing

"Exercise not at the moment not even my cold water swimming as the rivers been up

Keeping busy not really, not done any art for a while, no photography, not a lot of writing "

Yeah I know it's hard but I would make little steps to try and sort those out. They feel like all the work and effort but make time for them and just get up and tell yourself you will do something, even if it's a long walk, a light job, or doing a hobby. I know what it's like though, sometimes in winter I really can't be assed to do much but I just without thinking put my coat or running top on and leave the house

Those really help with slumps and keeping the mind active.

Hope that helps somewhat dude!

Gateway to the Beacons

"Exercise not at the moment not even my cold water swimming as the rivers been up

Keeping busy not really, not done any art for a while, no photography, not a lot of writing

Yeah I know it's hard but I would make little steps to try and sort those out. They feel like all the work and effort but make time for them and just get up and tell yourself you will do something, even if it's a long walk, a light job, or doing a hobby. I know what it's like though, sometimes in winter I really can't be assed to do much but I just without thinking put my coat or running top on and leave the house

Those really help with slumps and keeping the mind active.

Hope that helps somewhat dude!"

In general I’m very active, I walk a lot, I do open water / cold water swimming, loads of photography it’s just this month I been a bit down

I have a mannequin art project to start so that will occupy my time, the last art I did was one of my mannequin art lights. I need to set a routine and get on.

Cheers mate

Tonypandy.

I think so many of us are running on empty at the moment, or just living on auto pilot.

With everything the last few years have thrown at us, sometimes it's easier to switch off and just go through the motions.

I know my mental health suffered badly during lockdown, as all my routes to ground myself / get release seemed to be unavailable.

All we can do is take small steps. Take comfort in the small things, one day at a time.

Talk, reach out, None of us need to be alone. Remind yourself you are deserving of your own love and attention, and that of others.

Gateway to the Beacons

"I think so many of us are running on empty at the moment, or just living on auto pilot.

With everything the last few years have thrown at us, sometimes it's easier to switch off and just go through the motions.

I know my mental health suffered badly during lockdown, as all my routes to ground myself / get release seemed to be unavailable.

All we can do is take small steps. Take comfort in the small things, one day at a time.

Talk, reach out, None of us need to be alone. Remind yourself you are deserving of your own love and attention, and that of others."

Yeah it’s been a very strange few yrs that’s fore sure.

I have had a very mixed month with euphoric highs and very deep dark lows. I am starting to get back to doing the small things that bring pleasure and ground me, and yes without self love you can’t give love.

» Add a new message to this topic