FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Brands and the impact on school kids

Brands and the impact on school kids

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was so disappointed to hear my grandson say these words

" Ethan @@@@@ is a tramp, he is always wearing cheap clothes from the charity shop"

My grandson is 10 and has been fortunate in life.

It took me back to my schooldays where I was bullied for wearing "tramps clothes"

Obviously I've had a discussion with my grandson, and he now (hopefully) sees that what he said was wrong.

But it got me to thinking.

Would it not be a good idea, for all schools to have a mandatory uniform?

Including coats and trainers etc (of the cheaper variety)

So that no kid ever gets bullied or Shamed for not having Nike trainers or an Adidas coat?

The pressure on parents these days is overwhelming

All because of brands!!

What's your thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *entBarryUKMan  over a year ago

Ashford

One of the reasons why our kids are home educated. School kids can be horrible. Our groups are all accepting and can wear what they like when they like.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The current head of the primary school my younger one attends has stipulated that all PE kit is to be non-branded. They have a uniform,anyway, for non PE days. She has done away with a lot of the mufti days as well, when they would collect for various charities throughout the year. She recognises that for some households, the parents/carers can't afford the vogue brands, so is trying to level the playing field.

"The current head of the primary school my younger one attends has stipulated that all PE kit is to be non-branded. They have a uniform,anyway, for non PE days. She has done away with a lot of the mufti days as well, when they would collect for various charities throughout the year. She recognises that for some households, the parents/carers can't afford the vogue brands, so is trying to level the playing field.

"

Sounds like a wise head teacher

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

So that no kid ever gets bullied or Shamed for not having Nike trainers or an Adidas coat?

"

But what about weekends, evenings and holidays ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"One of the reasons why our kids are home educated. School kids can be horrible. Our groups are all accepting and can wear what they like when they like."

Wearing 'what you like' , 'when you like' makes differences in incomes very noticeable.

Wealthy kids in designer gear.

Others in cheaper gear or hand me downs.

Most schools operate a uniform policy AND teach the children about what makes a 'good person' ..... and to be non judgemental.

Most poor attitudes come from children from families where their parents hold the same judgemental view, make judgemental comments or don't challenge their children's viewpoint on these matters.

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

"

But what about weekends, evenings and holidays ?"

Agreed. As much as it sucks I think its more important to raise strong resilient than to try and keep them in a bubble

By *amierebelMan  over a year ago

nae danger.

"The current head of the primary school my younger one attends has stipulated that all PE kit is to be non-branded. They have a uniform,anyway, for non PE days. She has done away with a lot of the mufti days as well, when they would collect for various charities throughout the year. She recognises that for some households, the parents/carers can't afford the vogue brands, so is trying to level the playing field.

"

This is the same for school my son attends

To much bullying these days from kids and full grown adults

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"I was so disappointed to hear my grandson say these words

" Ethan @@@@@ is a tramp, he is always wearing cheap clothes from the charity shop"

It took me back to my schooldays where I was bullied for wearing "tramps clothes"

Obviously I've had a discussion with my grandson, and he now (hopefully) sees that what he said was wrong.

All because of brands!!

What's your thoughts? "

they are meant to all have a uniform for this very reason and those that can't afford it get help

"

I meant at school only, that's where most if the "Shame bullying" goes on I think.and most likely to ruin the education of some children, due to bring on the receiving end.

Having been on the receiving end as a kid (when brands weren't so prevalent) I can say that it totally ruined my schooldays and had a profound effect on my educational experience.

All because of brands!!

What's your thoughts? they are meant to all have a uniform for this very reason and those that can't afford it get help "

Yes but the uniform dosent usually extend to coats and trainers etc

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

All because of brands!!

What's your thoughts? they are meant to all have a uniform for this very reason and those that can't afford it get help

Yes but the uniform dosent usually extend to coats and trainers etc "

really..... Surely it does in winter

My wee one's new head teacher is annoying me just now. She's cracking down on uniform and I totally agree with the sentiment for the same reasons you said OP, I hate the thought of some kids feeling like the odd one out. However, she's really pushing the schools own uniform shop which is stupidly expensive and really low quality! What's the point of banishing brands if you're expected to pay over the odds for their rubbish items? I'd much rather everyone could just kit the kids out from Asda or M&S and have them all the same

King's Crustacean

I was just about to explain my view on the coat issue and thought fuck it ..... fuck it ..... None of it matters...

PARENTS! raise your kids by example. Talk to them. Find out what they think and why. Teach them to be a decent person. BEFORE they get to school.

It can built on then by school and parents.

Too many people say ... Oh what is the school doing about it ???

The kids are YOURS. You gave birth. They live in your house...

"My wee one's new head teacher is annoying me just now. She's cracking down on uniform and I totally agree with the sentiment for the same reasons you said OP, I hate the thought of some kids feeling like the odd one out. However, she's really pushing the schools own uniform shop which is stupidly expensive and really low quality! What's the point of banishing brands if you're expected to pay over the odds for their rubbish items? I'd much rather everyone could just kit the kids out from Asda or M&S and have them all the same"

Makes you question her motives!

I agree with you

King's Crustacean

"My wee one's new head teacher is annoying me just now. She's cracking down on uniform and I totally agree with the sentiment for the same reasons you said OP, I hate the thought of some kids feeling like the odd one out. However, she's really pushing the schools own uniform shop which is stupidly expensive and really low quality! What's the point of banishing brands if you're expected to pay over the odds for their rubbish items? I'd much rather everyone could just kit the kids out from Asda or M&S and have them all the same"

Yep. Just a standard colour. Bought from where ever.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

All because of brands!!

What's your thoughts? "

Yep agree. And some of the schools already have a no brands policy. Including bags and socks and so on.

Whether the parents support the policy or the school police it is another question.

By *idsAndyMan  over a year ago

Worcestershire

I'm glad we couldn't afford brand names when I was growing up, despite the shit I got for it.

Now I can afford them I rarely bother, I've run ultra marathons in Aldi running shoes

Tin town

"

When they aren't in school? Not sure school has control over what kids wear outside of school do they?

Tin town

"One of the reasons why our kids are home educated. School kids can be horrible. Our groups are all accepting and can wear what they like when they like.

Wearing 'what you like' , 'when you like' makes differences in incomes very noticeable.

Most schools operate a uniform policy AND teach the children about what makes a 'good person' ..... and to be non judgemental.

Most poor attitudes come from children from families where their parents hold the same judgemental view, make judgemental comments or don't challenge their children's viewpoint on these matters.

"

Learned behaviour

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

Schools where I live all have full uniform including blazers and ties.

No coats allowed as they have a Blazer which is all the same type for every child.

Pe kits are all the same

Shoes have to be black and not branded with a visible name or logo.

Trainers white or black and again with nothing majorly visible name wise.

None of my children 13,11 or 4 have ever been bullied for their clothing in or out of school. They have nice expensive clothes and also cheaper alternatives and none of them really care about labels or brands.

Children only learn behaviour like that I think if they're copying it from someone else they either live with or know that won't accept anything less than the most expensive items all the time.

All well and good having a uniform policy (I thought Schools did) but often the required uniform branded with School logo is more expensive than the high street brands.

I can remember my boys needing 2 sets of PE kit...all with the school logo on. Then there was logo'd jumpers

And the flaw with uniform policies is parental cooperation...some just don't

King's Crustacean

"Schools where I live all have full uniform including blazers and ties.

No coats allowed as they have a Blazer which is all the same type for every child.

Pe kits are all the same

None of my children 13,11 or 4 have ever been bullied for their clothing in or out of school. They have nice expensive clothes and also cheaper alternatives and none of them really care about labels or brands.

Children only learn behaviour like that I think if they're copying it from someone else they either live with or know that won't accept anything less than the most expensive items all the time. "

"One of the reasons why our kids are home educated. School kids can be horrible. Our groups are all accepting and can wear what they like when they like.

Learned behaviour "

Totally agree with all of the above, and as I said my grandson has been spoken to on this matter.

My daughter has even taken the decision not to allow him to wear branded trainers and coat any longer to school.

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

School uniforms should also be extended to staff as well.

It’s all fair and well saying kids should stick to the policy but the teachers should set the example

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"I was just about to explain my view on the coat issue and thought fuck it ..... fuck it ..... None of it matters...

PARENTS! raise your kids by example. Talk to them. Find out what they think and why. Teach them to be a decent person. BEFORE they get to school.

"

This. If a 10 year old I'd calling a kid a tramp because of their clothes then they've been raises to believe possessions and image are important

King's Crustacean

Learned behaviour

Totally agree with all of the above, and as I said my grandson has been spoken to on this matter.

My daughter has even taken the decision not to allow him to wear branded trainers and coat any longer to school."

Tin town

"I was just about to explain my view on the coat issue and thought fuck it ..... fuck it ..... None of it matters...

"

Yep, there's another thread running, saying the same thing.... Oh but it's difficult...

King's Crustacean

This. If a 10 year old I'd calling a kid a tramp because of their clothes then they've been raises to believe possessions and image are important "

I agree but I do recognise the awful job parents have as the children are bombarded by t.v. sports heroes, social media and kids progs for teens now are pretty vile ..... with regard to bullies etc....

"

But what about weekends, evenings and holidays ?

Agreed. As much as it sucks I think its more important to raise strong resilient than to try and keep them in a bubble "

This

"

I take your sentiments on board, but have to digress

In lots of cases, no matter how you bring up your child, they can still be influenced by their peers.

They tend to mimic the "popular kids"

It hurt to hear my grandson say what he said, and it did make his mother (my daughter) self reflect.

King's Crustacean

I take your sentiments on board, but have to digress

In lots of cases, no matter how you bring up your child, they can still be influenced by their peers.

They tend to mimic the "popular kids"

It hurt to hear my grandson say what he said, and it did make his mother (my daughter) self reflect.

"

I agree Dan. Raising children is no easy feat.

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

This. If a 10 year old I'd calling a kid a tramp because of their clothes then they've been raises to believe possessions and image are important

I agree but I do recognise the awful job parents have as the children are bombarded by t.v. sports heroes, social media and kids progs for teens now are pretty vile ..... with regard to bullies etc....

"

Oh again I totally agree, it's not an envious position, but that explains why kids want designer clothes etc. But does advertising and social media teach them to judge those who don't have them?

King's Crustacean

I had said that above Dan.

"I had said that above Dan."

thanks

Tin town

"School uniforms should also be extended to staff as well.

It’s all fair and well saying kids should stick to the policy but the teachers should set the example "

And don't forget parents and siblings and friends...

This. If a 10 year old I'd calling a kid a tramp because of their clothes then they've been raises to believe possessions and image are important "

Not at all! A school kid is also influenced by their peers at school.

My grandson has (in my opinion) been brought up very well.

Hence the dismay felt by his mother and I

I agree, my grandchildrens school push for the parents to buy uniform from the schools uniform shop which is very expensive, beyond most peoples income and then the items frequently disappear anyway !

One of the reasons I use a firestick rather than sky or any other TV service - no adverts, less external influence. I noticed my younger one was always wanting what she saw in the adverts. Along side that, many conversations about material things not as important as spending time with friends and family, creating memories. Christmas was a test. She wanted an iPad and apple pen. No way could I afford that. Did she mention not getting one? No. She was perfectly happy with what she got, and one of her favourites was vouchers to do things with me or her big sister, so a bike ride with mum, a movie night with popcorn, a pamper day, making cakes with mum, that sort of thing.

Tin town

Oh again I totally agree, it's not an envious position, but that explains why kids want designer clothes etc. But does advertising and social media teach them to judge those who don't have them? "

Often times it does yes. Absolutely. It's why and how they advertise. And shows the power of advertising.

You can extend that influence to every other choice and decision in their lives.

Just teach your kids to be kind.

"Just teach your kids to be kind."

Problem solved

Thank you

Pe kits are all the same

Children only learn behaviour like that I think if they're copying it from someone else they either live with or know that won't accept anything less than the most expensive items all the time. "

How does a child keep warm and dry during winter when wearing a blazer ?

I don't like to see children wearing ties and blazers as school uniform.

Polo shirts and sweatshirts work well

Tin town

Pe kits are all the same

Children only learn behaviour like that I think if they're copying it from someone else they either live with or know that won't accept anything less than the most expensive items all the time.

Polo shirts and sweatshirts work well "

They've managed it for a couple of hundred years

Pe kits are all the same

Same! Some secondary schools near me have banned coats, they're only allowed the blazer. We live in Scotland, it's freezing and wet the majority of the time so how is that practical?! There's also a big push on kids walking to school rather than getting dropped off in cars so why make them wear uncomfortable shoes and impractical outerwear? I think the view that people act more professional when dressed smartly is pretty old fashioned, my office is very casual and not wearing business dress has absolutely no impact on our professionalism so I don't see the point of enforcing it on kids.

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

"All well and good having a uniform policy (I thought Schools did) but often the required uniform branded with School logo is more expensive than the high street brands.

I can remember my boys needing 2 sets of PE kit...all with the school logo on. Then there was logo'd jumpers

"

thats what i found stupid prices on cheap tat bought fropm the all exclisive shop you had to buy from.

also school sex discrimination., via the enforecement of skirts only

I had the arguments with both school and the school education board.

To wear skirts only winter or summer no pants allowed in my argument was pants should be allowed and so should shorts in pe.

Otherwise the boys wear skirts in (pe) and to enforece it. ( they didnt like that comment )

skirts that are too short for school.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

My sons junior school used to have school coats, with the logo on, which was a great idea.

But as they get older, why shouldn't they be allowed at least something of their own choice.

I always found the Nike trainers were the only shoes that lasted a whole term and were any good for his feet. So worked out better value than buying numerous cheap pairs.

Same goes for the coats. Plus we had sports direct and the outlet stores which helps. I always passed his stuff on to others too.

"All well and good having a uniform policy (I thought Schools did) but often the required uniform branded with School logo is more expensive than the high street brands.

thats what i found stupid prices on cheap tat bought fropm the all exclisive shop you had to buy from.

To wear skirts only winter or summer no pants allowed in my argument was pants should be allowed and so should shorts in pe.

Otherwise the boys wear skirts in (pe) and to enforece it. ( they didnt like that comment )

skirts that are too short for school."

I'm actually an advocate for girls wearing trousers just like the boys.

For many reasons

Pe kits are all the same

Ditto.

Same here. And it's quite strict uniform policy for both primary and secondary down to socks, hair accessories etc.

Coats are allowed, but secondary school dictates what colours they can get and no prints or big logo names.

Don't think it is wise to give kids the impression that some silly designer label has a real value beyond materialistic one but having teenager I know they love following crowd, craving Nike, Converse etc.. So we recently went to charity shops for a little exploration and got the whole Zara outfit in a very good condition and some extra for less than a tenner. Learnt a lesson not to dismiss something and gained some nice wardrobe additions. Sometimes talking isn't enough I found.

T

skirts that are too short for school.

I'm actually an advocate for girls wearing trousers just like the boys.

For many reasons "

Our secondary doesn't have skirts. We have kilts so they can be worn by anyone. And I've seen boys wearing them and girls often chose trousers too.

Tin town

Parents just need to suck it up and support the school and teachers. Too many trying to express their individuality. There are plenty of other ways to do that. Respecting authority and rules is a pretty important lesson and behaviour to learn (as is legitimate grievance and protest).

By *adCherriesCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

I dont understand children's hierarchy when it comes to brands- why do they think Nike, Adidas etc are top end? It's hardly Canada Goose, Givenchy, Gucci.

I dont think schools should dictate on trainers/shoes because I spend a fortune on logo blazers, pe trousers etc.

If I found my child saying such things, I would remove their privileges of brands... it's down to parents not schools to raise children with better behaviour and understanding.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"

Exactly it. No child springs forth from the uterus, demanding a Prada baby-gro, it's the parents and family members who choose their garments, toys, equipment etc.

The number of people I've seen get into debt to spend thousands of pounds on designer baby gear (all matching, obviously), is ridiculous. We struggled to re-home items we'd had for our daughter, despite offering for free, because people don't want second hand anymore. Almost everything we had for our daughter was second hand - the bedside crib, the pram, the baby bath, the high chair, the bouncy chair, loads of clothes, toys and books.

If parents were less obsessed with matchy-matchy, expensive everything, then there wouldn't be the same issue of teasing on non uniform days. My 5yo child has no idea about designer clothing or shoes. Her clothes mainly come from Sainsbury's and her shoes from Clarks. She has no issues with that, weirdly.........

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

Exactly it. No child springs forth from the uterus, demanding a Prada baby-gro, it's the parents and family members who choose their garments, toys, equipment etc.

The number of people I've seen get into debt to spend thousands of pounds on designer baby gear (all matching, obviously), is ridiculous. We struggled to re-home items we'd had for our daughter, despite offering for free, because people don't want second hand anymore. Almost everything we had for our daughter was second hand - the bedside crib, the pram, the baby bath, the high chair, the bouncy chair, loads of clothes, toys and books.

If parents were less obsessed with matchy-matchy, expensive everything, then there wouldn't be the same issue of teasing on non uniform days. My 5yo child has no idea about designer clothing or shoes. Her clothes mainly come from Sainsbury's and her shoes from Clarks. She has no issues with that, weirdly........."

Plus kids just grow out of things in about 19 minutes

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

If parents were less obsessed with matchy-matchy, expensive everything, then there wouldn't be the same issue of teasing on non uniform days. My 5yo child has no idea about designer clothing or shoes. Her clothes mainly come from Sainsbury's and her shoes from Clarks. She has no issues with that, weirdly.........

Plus kids just grow out of things in about 19 minutes "

Exactly! And as young children, they get all sorts of crap (sometimes literally) on everything! Designer prams with expensive lining that just gets covered in regurgitated milk and mushed biscuits.

Ashford

"

That's very true and we have families with different incomes. the kids don't make snarky comments about other peoples clothes because the adults teach them to accept people for who they are. We are very lucky to have some mature kids in our groups.

"

Very well said. Raising sensible children who aren't shallow and judgemental about others simply based on what they wear (and being sensible in general) shouldn't be a job outsourced to teachers.

Kids only learn to place value on branded goods and their socio-economic connotations by observing what their parents and adults around them say and behave like.

That's very true and we have families with different incomes. the kids don't make snarky comments about other peoples clothes because the adults teach them to accept people for who they are. We are very lucky to have some mature kids in our groups."

I will add (as in my original post) we immediately challenged my grandson and told him in no uncertain terms what he did was wrong

I take exception to the statement "its due to their upbringing "

Unfortunately their school peers also have an influence .

This was nipped in the bud immediately

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Unfortunately kids will always find something to bully others over. It's more important to have a robust anti bullying policy than it is to have a uniform.

"Unfortunately kids will always find something to bully others over. It's more important to have a robust anti bullying policy than it is to have a uniform."

Tin town

Very well said. Raising sensible children who aren't shallow and judgemental about others simply based on what they wear (and being sensible in general) shouldn't be a job outsourced to teachers.

Kids only learn to place value on branded goods and their socio-economic connotations by observing what their parents and adults around them say and behave like. "

And their peers and their siblings and their social media and the TV and radio and Bill boards and music and everything else in society is ramped up to sell us and create demand for "stuff". It absolutely isn't just parents and adults.

Tin town

"Unfortunately kids will always find something to bully others over. It's more important to have a robust anti bullying policy than it is to have a uniform."

Great point

Kids only learn to place value on branded goods and their socio-economic connotations by observing what their parents and adults around them say and behave like.

And their peers and their siblings and their social media and the TV and radio and Bill boards and music and everything else in society is ramped up to sell us and create demand for "stuff". It absolutely isn't just parents and adults. "

This is true, take that Prime shite for example....And it shite, clever marketing and a social media 'influencer' who is obviously very good at influences.

Ashford

That's very true and we have families with different incomes. the kids don't make snarky comments about other peoples clothes because the adults teach them to accept people for who they are. We are very lucky to have some mature kids in our groups.

I will add (as in my original post) we immediately challenged my grandson and told him in no uncertain terms what he did was wrong

This was nipped in the bud immediately"

I didn't mean to come across like i was judging your grandson, i meant schoolkids in general. I can tell that you have educated them and I was not making comments on their upbringing.

Pe kits are all the same

They've managed it for a couple of hundred years "

That doesn't mean it's good.

Pe kits are all the same

Same! Some secondary schools near me have banned coats, they're only allowed the blazer. We live in Scotland, it's freezing and wet the majority of the time so how is that practical?! There's also a big push on kids walking to school rather than getting dropped off in cars so why make them wear uncomfortable shoes and impractical outerwear? I think the view that people act more professional when dressed smartly is pretty old fashioned, my office is very casual and not wearing business dress has absolutely no impact on our professionalism so I don't see the point of enforcing it on kids. "

Well said

Tin town

Pe kits are all the same

That doesn't mean it's good."

All it means is. It's worked just fine for centuries.

If people think what they wear is going help improve education that would be good research to see

By *inx.x3Woman  over a year ago

Bath

If it’s not shoes and coats then it will just be something else such as phones, school bags & watches.

It’s about how you raise the kids and what their friends are like.

My daughter does have branded items… some because they are genuinely better quality then the stuff in supermarkets like her school shoes and other items because that’s what she likes.

But if I heard her taking the piss out of other kids she would be in huge trouble.

This was nipped in the bud immediately

I didn't mean to come across like i was judging your grandson, i meant schoolkids in general. I can tell that you have educated them and I was not making comment

s on their upbringing."

Oh no! Not at all, I know you wasn't, I was just pointing out that we had done the correct thing

Absolutely no personal offence taken

"If it’s not shoes and coats then it will just be something else such as phones, school bags & watches.

It’s about how you raise the kids and what their friends are like.

My daughter does have branded items… some because they are genuinely better quality then the stuff in supermarkets like her school shoes and other items because that’s what she likes.

But if I heard her taking the piss out of other kids she would be in huge trouble. "

Agree totally and my grandson knows he's in the doghouse

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I remember as a youth, casual was in fashion.

Everything had to be a label.

Those of us who couldn't afford the stuff went to Southall market and purchased the imitation Lyle and Scott or Lacoste kit.

If you was really skint purchase the badges and sew them on a cheap Polo shirt yourself or get nan to do it.

Problem is these days there's not many market's and cheap shops to get that stuff.

We spend a fortune on our grandkids every Christmas to make sure that they have decent clothes but now they are teens the money isn't going as far because it's got to be certain stuff.

Thankfully they are good kid's and only ask for one thing.

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

Pe kits are all the same

Easily, the only time they're outside is in a pe lesson or when walking too and from school and yes I make mine walk as it's less than one mile away, so I'm not driving them.

Shirt,jumper,clip on ties for safety and a blazer keeps them warm.

Umbrella when it rains

Hats and scarves for winter.

Not allowed massive winter coats as they don't have lockers big enough to store them in and you can't leave them hung up anywhere in a school with hundreds of students for obvious reasons.

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

Pe kits are all the same

If people think what they wear is going help improve education that would be good research to see"

Its more down to sexual discrimination hypocrites from the males point of view.

Who have never worn a skirt in all weathers.

Pe kits are all the same

...."

So 'fine' means it's ok for children to be wearing blazers in heavy rain, sleet or snow and in high temperatures ? Yeah i'm sure it helped children learn

I can't have woken up properly yet, my eyes are still a bit blurry.

I thought this thread was about the impact of "beards" on school kids!

"I can't have woken up properly yet, my eyes are still a bit blurry.

I thought this thread was about the impact of "beards" on school kids! "

Try reading the father son thread lol

Tin town

"I remember as a youth, casual was in fashion.

Everything had to be a label.

Those of us who couldn't afford the stuff went to Southall market and purchased the imitation Lyle and Scott or Lacoste kit.

If you was really skint purchase the badges and sew them on a cheap Polo shirt yourself or get nan to do it.

Problem is these days there's not many market's and cheap shops to get that stuff.

We spend a fortune on our grandkids every Christmas to make sure that they have decent clothes but now they are teens the money isn't going as far because it's got to be certain stuff.

Thankfully they are good kid's and only ask for one thing.

"

Ben sherman, farah... Fred Perry, gola, Dunlop blue flash, Adidas Stan smiths

Tin town

Pe kits are all the same

If people think what they wear is going help improve education that would be good research to see

Its more down to sexual discrimination hypocrites from the males point of view.

Who have never worn a skirt in all weathers.

"

Oh I see. That'll be it. Sexual discrimination hypocrites of course.

Tin town

Pe kits are all the same

So 'fine' means it's ok for children to be wearing blazers in heavy rain, sleet or snow and in high temperatures ? Yeah i'm sure it helped children learn "

Yes of course it is... Good god. You realise we live in England and it rains and snows and occasionally sun's here..? Simple rules. Wear your uniform. Keep it clean. Go to school and learn stuff. Maybe even about weather and where we live. Kids don't need excuses to be provided for them.

Pe kits are all the same

So 'fine' means it's ok for children to be wearing blazers in heavy rain, sleet or snow and in high temperatures ? Yeah i'm sure it helped children learn

Yes of course it is... Good god. You realise we live in England and it rains and snows and occasionally sun's here..? Simple rules. Wear your uniform. Keep it clean. Go to school and learn stuff. Maybe even about weather and where we live. Kids don't need excuses to be provided for them. "

Oh ok, i'm clearly stupid now did i have to wear a uniform or not at school ?

» Add a new message to this topic