FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Context

Context

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *BootyfulDay OP   Woman  over a year ago

Been thinking about how context is everything when you say things and how differently something can sound depending on the situation you’re in.

I am mainly thinking about this because at work yesterday I had an experience of this. So, poured a few pints for an older gentleman and I took the first couple over to him and he said “good girl”. Actually made me want to vomit all over his face. Totally used to hearing guys calling me darling/sweetheart/whatever else they wouldn’t say to a guy serving them but urgh him saying that was just gads.

In a different scenario I’m not saying that wouldn’t be a massive turn on and incredibly hot but yes, I did turn round to a girl I was working with and we both winced at it haha. Normally I’m quite good at coming up with someone to say back when someone is sexist or being derogatory but at that point I just had to focus on not reacting….whilst having a totally disgusted look haha

So yes, context is everything folks!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

Totally agree. Context disperses any equivocality and brings relevance to conversation or written dialogue.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I can understand that his comment made you wince.

However reading your statement you made a point of letting us know it was "an older gentleman "

Was it the fact that he was older?

Or would you have felt the same way regardless of his age?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Oh yes context is everything!

A good intention can easily turn into an inconsiderate one if context hasn’t been taken into consideration.

"I can understand that his comment made you wince.

However reading your statement you made a point of letting us know it was "an older gentleman "

Was it the fact that he was older?

Or would you have felt the same way regardless of his age? "

Hmm that is a good point, I guess I’m quite used to guys who may be of similar age range making comments like that. Though perhaps I’m wrong for labelling him as such as if someone my age had said that I’d still be like

"Oh yes context is everything!

A good intention can easily turn into an inconsiderate one if context hasn’t been taken into consideration. "

It’s so true isn’t it! I know I’ve definitely made that mistake myself where I’ve said something but out of context it would have been taken totally differently!

» Add a new message to this topic