FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The worst job you ever had

The worst job you ever had

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackformore100 OP   Man  over a year ago

Tin town

In a nod to Derek and Clive... But no stealing... What was the worst job you ever had..?

Mine was cleaning the baking trays in a bakery at 3am followed by squirting jam into 4 trays of doughnuts at 5am...this was also a long time before food hygiene had been invented

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Thankfully I've loved all the jobs I've had! All 2 of them

By *itonthesideWoman  over a year ago

tenerife

Data entry. I drank copious amounts of red bull in an attempt to stay awake because it was so boring i would fall asleep at the screen and have pressed one letter on the keyboard all across the screen haha

"In a nod to Derek and Clive... But no stealing... What was the worst job you ever had..?

Mine was cleaning the baking trays in a bakery at 3am followed by squirting jam into 4 trays of doughnuts at 5am...this was also a long time before food hygiene had been invented "

I did that for a while too! Did you ever have the jam injector go into your thumb?

Bakery manager

I worked about 4 hours for the council. I walked out after I was asked to clean shit from a stairwell. It wasn’t an animals.

Hardest and worst jobs are difficult to mention, because I’ve done some that are hard. But that above was not for me.

Tin town

"In a nod to Derek and Clive... But no stealing... What was the worst job you ever had..?

Mine was cleaning the baking trays in a bakery at 3am followed by squirting jam into 4 trays of doughnuts at 5am...this was also a long time before food hygiene had been invented

I did that for a while too! Did you ever have the jam injector go into your thumb? "

Nooo... Even though I was half asleep I managed to stay safe... But a little sticky

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

Wetherspoons kitchens. Only job I've ever just walked out of.

I worked for a company for 5 years was ok until the ceo found out (or guessed, decided) I was gay. After inviting me out for a beer the evening before to “confront” me with this, the next day he told 70 or so people (in front of me) and said I should “be gassed”.

Same day I was asked into a meeting room by one of his managers who told me that if I made an issue of what the ceo had done he would “break my face”.

Needless to say my mental health took a bit of a battering. I left. A good job turned into the worst in about 2 hours of my life.

tenerife

"I worked for a company for 5 years was ok until the ceo found out (or guessed, decided) I was gay. After inviting me out for a beer the evening before to “confront” me with this, the next day he told 70 or so people (in front of me) and said I should “be gassed”.

Same day I was asked into a meeting room by one of his managers who told me that if I made an issue of what the ceo had done he would “break my face”.

Needless to say my mental health took a bit of a battering. I left. A good job turned into the worst in about 2 hours of my life. "

Fuck me thats awful , i hope you took them to the cleaners

Tin town

"I worked for a company for 5 years was ok until the ceo found out (or guessed, decided) I was gay. After inviting me out for a beer the evening before to “confront” me with this, the next day he told 70 or so people (in front of me) and said I should “be gassed”.

Needless to say my mental health took a bit of a battering. I left. A good job turned into the worst in about 2 hours of my life. "

Holy crap... Speechless.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Cleaning men's toilets in a factory. Disgusting

By *iving Bi a TryMan  over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

Loved my job, but I've seen sooooo many dead people. I don't know how many, but definitely in treble figures.

Gbat

When younger

A agency took us to north wales

Working in chicken factory

Couldn’t do it just upped and left got train back to Liverpool

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

I've had good jobs made unbearable by poor managers and vice versa.

However, the worst part of a job I ever did was having to wear self contained breathing apparatus and go into a sewage tank of a ship that was in dry dock to shovel the sediment into drums so the tank could be cleaned properly. I swear I could smell raw sewage for months afterwards.

Tin town

"I've had good jobs made unbearable by poor managers and vice versa.

However, the worst part of a job I ever did was having to wear self contained breathing apparatus and go into a sewage tank of a ship that was in dry dock to shovel the sediment into drums so the tank could be cleaned properly. I swear I could smell raw sewage for months afterwards."

And now... Heres ant and Dec with your next challenge.

Weird how they've made that into a prime time TV show now. Well... More or less

Needless to say my mental health took a bit of a battering. I left. A good job turned into the worst in about 2 hours of my life.

Fuck me thats awful , i hope you took them to the cleaners "

I didn’t. I should’ve done something.

My husbands worst was probably when I accidentally bit his dick whilst giving him a blowjob. I thought you guys can take a little bit of pain

Tin town

I didn’t. I should’ve done something. "

Maybe you still can.?

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Your internet

What a pair of utter, utter cunts. I don’t care how long ago it was (you know how people sometimes say “it was what we did back then”) that is disgraceful behaviour towards another human being.

Probably missed the boat on litigation now but please think of something delightfully fiendish to do!

Maybe you still can.? "

Was years ago. I didn’t have the confidence then I have now. Company closed down. It’s just a bad experience now. But thst (and an incident during a more recent job) convinced me 100% that being out is actually safer than being in the closet.

By *aribbean King 1985Man  over a year ago

South West London

Working at Primark was my worse job by far, I hated it

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

[Removed by poster at 29/01/23 20:20:55]

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"[Removed by poster at 29/01/23 20:20:55]"

All jobs I sign on though a Job agency.

When I was 14 I was paid a whole English pound by a rugby club to fish balls out of a heavily polluted river every time they went in.

I swear it’s why I have a good immune system

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

Fruit picking in Bundaberg, Australia. Had this romantic idea of casually strolling through fields in the sunshine picking the odd piece of fruit here and there.

The reality was up at 5am, working like a dog for $10 and hour in the searing heat with an overweight Australian farmer shouting expletives at you. I was picking mangoes that released an acidic sap when picked and dyed your skin red. Lasted 3 weeks before I swapped it for a bar job.

Mcdonalds, I despised it.

Worked well when I was a teen for after school and alongside studying at college though.

Miss S x

The other was a Norwich Union Direct call centre in Liverpool. Hated every second. I threw my headset on the floor, shouted “fuck this place” and walked out

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

Fucking hell that's horrendous!

Many moons ago, when I was a young student, I worked in the cosmetic factory. I used to sit behind the conveyor belt putting pumps on bottles for 8 hrs straight and I had to do fast, otherwise all the contents would have spilled at the end of conveyor belt and I would get in a shit trouble. It was very stressful but so boring too.

tenerife

"Mcdonalds, I despised it.

Worked well when I was a teen for after school and alongside studying at college though.

Miss S x"

I absolutely loved working in McDonalds as a teenager with all my friends

"When I was 14 I was paid a whole English pound by a rugby club to fish balls out of a heavily polluted river every time they went in.

I swear it’s why I have a good immune system "

£1 a ball?

"When I was 14 I was paid a whole English pound by a rugby club to fish balls out of a heavily polluted river every time they went in.

£1 a ball? "

No, for the whole bloody match!!

"Mcdonalds, I despised it.

Miss S x

I absolutely loved working in McDonalds as a teenager with all my friends "

I get that. Loved the people, hated the job unfortunately

Miss S x

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

Phone shops, the most depressing environment ever to work in with obscene “targets” to hit, and they wonder why the shops get such a bad rep.

By *itvclaireTV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

Sweeping up in a flour mill. Talk about a never ending job. Luckily it was an agency job that only lasted for 3 weeks

XX

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

"Phone shops, the most depressing environment ever to work in with obscene “targets” to hit, and they wonder why the shops get such a bad rep.

"

That rings true…

£1 a ball?

No, for the whole bloody match!!"

Child labour

I left rhe army thinking I was the best thing in the world was sailing into the police bht failed ny hearing test. Ended uo in a call centre and it wasn't bad but when when of my soldiers rang and recognised my voice it broke me

By *ookie46Woman  over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

Call centre for a major bank

I love to talk but definitely needs to be face to face

I lasted 10 weeks and seven of those were in training

Spent a few weeks cleaning in a school years ago during the summer hols. I got handed a paint scrapper and told to chisel the well used chewy off the bottom of desks... Fun times

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

My first ever job when I was around 15 I used to sit in a big metal tower and spend hours putting Clay Pigeons into a huge contraption that threw them out into the yonder for poncy rich twats to shoot .. One false move and my arm would have gone with it haha ..

All for £3 an hour

"Call centre for a major bank

I love to talk but definitely needs to be face to face

I lasted 10 weeks and seven of those were in training "

Similar I can relate

"When younger

Couldn’t do it just upped and left got train back to Liverpool "

I worked in that same chicken factory for 3 weeks after leaving the bakery!

I pulled guts out of chickens arses for 8 hours a night

"When younger

I pulled guts out of chickens arses for 8 hours a night "

Was not for me they showed me what to do

Told them

Fuck that for game of toy soldiers they said you can’t leave

Fuck off watch me prick

Tin town

"Phone shops, the most depressing environment ever to work in with obscene “targets” to hit, and they wonder why the shops get such a bad rep.

"

Did you ever see that comedy show? Phone shop?

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I worked in a call centre in London fir around 6 weeks while waiting a start date on another position and needing something I could walk straight in to.

We were cold calling selling BT phone and Internet packages, impossible sales targets and quite literally no one, including the managers gave a fuck. I think I managed a sale 2 or 3 times a week ajd was high achieving, the target was 1 or 2 an hour.

Absolutely fucking soul destroying

Cold caller for Safestyle UK.

This posh insurance company in Edinburgh where you had to clock off to go for a pish then clock back on again. That was their idea of flexitime, so you had to stay late to make up your hours. You also had to store your stuff in a locker room before you could clock on at your desk, but not at the entrance. I didn't stay longer than I had to. It was pre desktop era so everything was done on steam driven calculators. Could have been worst though, like amazon warehouses today where you have to piss in a bottle lol.

"In a nod to Derek and Clive... But no stealing... What was the worst job you ever had..?.. "

"When younger

I pulled guts out of chickens arses for 8 hours a night

Was not for me they showed me what to do

Told them

Fuck that for game of toy soldiers they said you can’t leave

Fuck off watch me prick "

You must have walked MILES to the nearest train station!!

By *ndreisabelCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"I left rhe army thinking I was the best thing in the world was sailing into the police bht failed ny hearing test. Ended uo in a call centre and it wasn't bad but when when of my soldiers rang and recognised my voice it broke me"

That's really tough. The period after leaving the armed forces is always hard. Unfortunately some of us can't never adapt to the "normal" life.

How long ago have you try for the police? You can always have another go, unless you really have major hearing problems.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Security job for Arrow park hospital.

You asked to help move recently deceased people from the wards, down to the morgue in Clatterbridge hospital.

By *wingamajigsCouple  over a year ago

Folkestone

When my original print job folded I (mr) worked for another company over the road. Non union and when my nose staryed to bleed I was told id get used to it (chemicals).

Home insurance sales department at an insurance brokers. God I hated that job so much.

Prince Andrews personal secretary was abit full on

13 years ago a boss got a contract grass cutting and strimming etc at Thames Water sewage treatment works. Really was a shit job

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Once worked in a dairy for a day, well 6 hours before I’d had enough. I was making cheese spread. So spent the day shovelling cheese into a machine. Surprised I lasted 6 hours before thinking. Fuck this.

The mr

By *aybeJoeMan  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

24 hours caring knowing you are useless to change anything and a job you won't have for long

I did that for a while too! Did you ever have the jam injector go into your thumb?

Nooo... Even though I was half asleep I managed to stay safe... But a little sticky"

I jammed up my thumb twice ...it hurts

By *semeforfunMan  over a year ago

Bourne lincs

Trying to get a gen meet on here

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

Door to door electricity sales, for businesses. Mind you I got some steps in...

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

Maybe you still can.?

Was years ago. I didn’t have the confidence then I have now. Company closed down. It’s just a bad experience now. But thst (and an incident during a more recent job) convinced me 100% that being out is actually safer than being in the closet. "

I was horrified by your earlier post - but this one has made me take a step back again… how in 2023 is someone’s sexuality any business of anybody but the individual? I don’t even consider someone’s sexuality it’s just not even a discussion- people are either nice ir they’re a nob. That’s it - the only important criteria for me. From your posts it seems like society still has a lot of growing up to do.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I've had some right crap jobs, working on a an assembly line changing over the cables in boxes of power tools was tedious (lasted 3 days).

Waiter (6 days).

Building site welfare labourer (4 days)

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

Nooo... Even though I was half asleep I managed to stay safe... But a little sticky

I jammed up my thumb twice ...it hurts "

Ive been with a woman that jammed her thumb up and it bloody does hurt!!

By *rtyIanMan  over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

Cleaning steelworks blast furnace pits on shutdown

Or a punishment in the army burning the contents of thunderboxes I won’t go into detail

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"[Removed by poster at 29/01/23 20:20:55]

All jobs I sign on though a Job agency. "

Same here.

By *d4fun73Man  over a year ago

Shipley

Call centre for open reach. Bt horrible company, horrible management and horrible clients

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Programmer at a company where the drive was long and the local area was just one big industrial estate. The other people in I.T. were "up themselves" and I felt lost at times. Should have left after the first week but stuck it out for a few years until a better position came up.

By *raraymondoMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

OMG, awful. Absolutely horrendous thing to suffer.

By *heLaserGuyMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Collecting Winston Churchills bogeys.....he was a secret bogier

By *omez and LilyCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Service engineer maintaining lifts and escalators. The job itself wasn't bad but so many ups and downs to it.

By *irginLad32Man  over a year ago

Bellingham

Retail assistant in Woolwich 99p store. To say the hours were illegal is an understatement. 15hr nights back to back and you had to beg for a toilet or meal break. Absolute C*nt of a manager.Underpaid a lot too.

On the tills in a supermarket. Who ever came up with the saying “ Customers always right” never worked in a supermarket.

Holy shit, I'm so sorry that this happened to you

"Sweeping up in a flour mill. Talk about a never ending job. Luckily it was an agency job that only lasted for 3 weeks

XX"

Oh apparently flour mills are dangerous places to be?!

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

Jesus. I was having a mump because my boss is a bit shit, but after reading this thread I realise how lucky I am!

Toxic company, been here too long. But no actual abuse.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Fast food call centre.

The location was a secret because of the number of credible death threats against the staff because we couldn't customise the way they wanted, honour all coupons, pick up cigarettes on the way, magically make stores not closed (yes, that exploded oven 300 miles away is definitely my fault), be in every store in all parts of Australia, and more besides.

My favourite part of the job was when people would prank call us. I gave zero fucks about my official metrics. When it wasn't busy I'd just let them talk, particularly when they called us from a mobile. Oh you want used condoms as part of your special with a side of (illegal stuff) and turds? Well I'm very sorry sir we can't do that but can I interest you in... (Thinking: you're calling on a mobile. This has cost you at least $10. I hope it's worth it. It amuses me)

By *ustincider888Man  over a year ago

Preston Ish

Insurance sales.

Without going into too much detail I fucking detested everything about the job and the hard sell approach.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Office junior in a small, independent Estate Agents.

The job was OK, if a little quiet at times, but the boss was a creep and lecherous.

Plus, one of his associates asked me to stay at his for the weekend while his wife went to India visit relatives.

His wife and sister-in-law were nice people.

Flugel binder

"I left rhe army thinking I was the best thing in the world was sailing into the police bht failed ny hearing test. Ended uo in a call centre and it wasn't bad but when when of my soldiers rang and recognised my voice it broke me"

Same for me. My worst job was my first when I left the army. I worked at one of the major London airports thinking I was going into a high flying executive role. Turned out to be a dead end, mind numbing job. Really got me down and I got quite depressed. Luckily I found my way out and now love my civi life.

Sports Direct (Shop)

Area manager was a bully! Caught him slagging me off! Told him if he had anything to say, then say it to my face! I then proceeded to tell him he could shove the job right up his arse.

Shit job shit company shit management

By *ilfCrumpet9Man  over a year ago

Wirral

Loved all 4 of my jobs that I have had

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Working as a St cleaner sfter privatisation. Took them a month to totally mess everything up.

And a grocery delivery company with a name beginning with O.realised why they have such a high turnover in staff.

By *lovetoowatchMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Call centre job. Mentally draining

"I left rhe army thinking I was the best thing in the world was sailing into the police bht failed ny hearing test. Ended uo in a call centre and it wasn't bad but when when of my soldiers rang and recognised my voice it broke me

That's really tough. The period after leaving the armed forces is always hard. Unfortunately some of us can't never adapt to the "normal" life.

How long ago have you try for the police? You can always have another go, unless you really have major hearing problems. "

Did you not adapt well to leaving the armed forces? It took me a long time to adapt, just over 5 years to find myself again

By *hekaiserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Data entry. I drank copious amounts of red bull in an attempt to stay awake because it was so boring i would fall asleep at the screen and have pressed one letter on the keyboard all across the screen haha "

I applied for a data entry job too...never got the job as I didn't meet the "typing speed criteria "

By *erverts AnonymousMan  over a year ago

Darkest desires

Once went working for a past work colleague who started his own carpentry company..

First few weeks were OK however over time I realised he had zero business skills or customer service skills, the clients project manager told him he was going to get kicked off the job..

Mondays were atrocious he would be extremely hungover and the mood swings were something I don't tolerate, it's probably the longest iv stayed in a job I was unhappy in! 8 weeks and I only stayed to help him get the company off its feet!

Don't stay with people or companies the don't respect you or your skill sets simple.

By *he_TicklersCouple  over a year ago

Havant & Aberdare

Employability consultant at job centre, the smell of slept in clothes still haunts me

Glasgow

Wow!! Some folks are wired up the wrong way.

Glasgow

Worked in a call centre, co workers were cool.

Management stuck up morons who ruled the place like their personal fiefdom.

By *oupleexeter30Couple  over a year ago

Exeter

McDonald's! Lasted 4 weeks treat there staff like dirt. Free food was good mind lol

By *ed LipstickWoman  over a year ago

Fucksville

A phone sex operator, still makes my toes curl at some of the things men said

I spent 11 months as a fraud agent in a bank call centre......bloody awful job.

By *rFoxAndXenoCouple  over a year ago

Weymouth

"Cleaning men's toilets in a factory. Disgusting "

I've cleaned all sorts and this is defo the worst - Xeno x

Bellingham

"McDonald's! Lasted 4 weeks treat there staff like dirt. Free food was good mind lol "

I got rejected for my at the time bad teeth. Said it would make their reputation look bad. I said have you seen the state of your staff. Half of them have never seen a bar of soap, never mind about my dental infection. Which is now fixed. Sex mad manager employed a blonde with big tits who a week into the job, poured coffee over a customer. All the brains.

McDonald's can get fucked.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Pet insurance.

By *ndreisabelCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"I left rhe army thinking I was the best thing in the world was sailing into the police bht failed ny hearing test. Ended uo in a call centre and it wasn't bad but when when of my soldiers rang and recognised my voice it broke me

How long ago have you try for the police? You can always have another go, unless you really have major hearing problems.

Did you not adapt well to leaving the armed forces? It took me a long time to adapt, just over 5 years to find myself again"

I'm now fully adapted but was a bit hard in the beginning. I went form a "job" that was a life style that also gave me a great purpose in life to something that didn't.

To be honest time to time I still miss it...

By *obby3264Man  over a year ago

Cambridge

Worst job I ever had... was working for Tarmac in a concrete factory. On my first day I was told they are the 3rd worst employer to employee's in the UK. And I think they were trying to be number 1.

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

"On the tills in a supermarket. Who ever came up with the saying “ Customers always right” never worked in a supermarket. "

If I recall it was a journalist

Never had a bad job, had a few bad and bullying managers, but I've always set my stall out with them early on

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

Either toys r us…was so boring and the manager got so shirty when I told her I was leaving. Or a little cafe in cleethorpes, I was 16, the kitchen was tiny and the 50+ greasy owner could get through the kitchen without grabbing my arse as he squeezed past. I decided I wasn’t going to turn up when enough was enough. Place is still open and sends me shudders when I see it

B&M - shit job, shit pay, the then manager and area manager were creeps. It was so disorganised and a crap environment to work, people getting hired and fired in the same breath, staff turnover was very high. I could be here all day speaking about how poorly I and many others were treated. Ugh

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

Sales. "Qualified leads", so the call centre said. Out to the customer's house. It's a lovely old woman, late 70's. Made me a nice cup of tea. She didn't really need the thing I was selling. I told her, "You know what, it's 20K, but I think you should keep it. What you have is alright. Yes it's a bit old and worn, like us all really. Save it for the grandkids (photos on the mantelpiece)”.

I decided there and then, I cannot in good conscience attempt to pry a large sum of money from such a vulnerable person, especially since she might not have lived much longer to enjoy it anyway. I rationalised it was far better for her to spend in on her family. She could have been my mum. She wasn’t, but she was someone else’s. We had a lovely chat, and I said goodbye.

I’ll never go back to sales again. Yuk.

By *ames-77Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Porn

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Working at Matalan when I was at sixth form. The managers (mainly 20-somethings) were domineering and rude and the customers seemed to take pleasure in deliberately ballsing up the displays of folded jeans or putting everything on the wrong hangars or leaving crap all over the changing rooms.

I didn't need £2.80 an hour that desperately so I quit and got a job as a temp doing admin etc. Much better!

Did you not adapt well to leaving the armed forces? It took me a long time to adapt, just over 5 years to find myself again

I'm now fully adapted but was a bit hard in the beginning. I went form a "job" that was a life style that also gave me a great purpose in life to something that didn't.

To be honest time to time I still miss it..."

I miss the people and sometimes the job itself but I don't miss moving every 2 years and being away from family and friends.

Bellingham

"Working at Matalan when I was at sixth form. The managers (mainly 20-somethings) were domineering and rude and the customers seemed to take pleasure in deliberately ballsing up the displays of folded jeans or putting everything on the wrong hangars or leaving crap all over the changing rooms.

I didn't need £2.80 an hour that desperately so I quit and got a job as a temp doing admin etc. Much better!"

I did work experience in their Lewisham branch. It was much the same. Treat schoolies like shit. It was unpaid too.

Being James Bond’s doctor.

The ungrateful git wouldn’t take any medication I prescribed or give enough time for his injuries and wounds to heal.

Thankless bloody job.

By *ornycougaWoman  over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat

Deafeningly loud production line of a frozen food factory. 18 hours a day stood frantically picking out all the shit that shouldn't go into a bag of frozen peas - pods, stones, mice

» Add a new message to this topic