FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How to best find vanilla local events, eg comedy

How to best find vanilla local events, eg comedy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

It's my birthday soon,

(9th Feb, a happy birthday thead would be lovely fabsters)

I'm looking for something to do for the evening with a none lifestyle person.

They are not into drinking, kareoki, pubs etc so I've been looking locally for what's on, maybe a comedy night for example.

I have found that there seems to be no easy way of searching, I've had to go on lots of different apps like eventbrite, or Google each individual town with the words what's on and then hope there's something on that date. It's time consuming, and I'm probably not finding everything that's on.

It would be really easy if there was some listing somewhere of local events so people could easily find stuff going on in their area.

Has anyone found an easy way of doing this, I feel like I may be missing something!

Please answer in the thread,

Thank you x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It's my birthday soon,

They are not into drinking, kareoki, pubs etc so I've been looking locally for what's on, maybe a comedy night for example.

I have found that there seems to be no easy way of searching, I've had to go on lots of different apps like eventbrite, or Google each individual town with the words what's on and then hope there's something on that date. It's time consuming, and I'm probably not finding everything that's on.

It would be really easy if there was some listing somewhere of local events so people could easily find stuff going on in their area.

Has anyone found an easy way of doing this, I feel like I may be missing something!

Thank you x"

Maybe it would have been nicer if your friend had arranged something, instead of leaving it to you

By *weetkitten65Woman  over a year ago

Halifax

It's your birthday, do what you want to...

Facebook has quite a lot of different pages for such things.

"Facebook has quite a lot of different pages for such things."

I agree, look for event groups, it should bring up local events and should also show if any of your friends are interested/going to any events

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I do a Google "what's on" search

This normally lists, bands, shows, events etc going on in my local area today

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"It's my birthday soon,

Thank you x"

look on 'vanilla' things to do of an evening

By *lderflowerappleWoman  over a year ago

North Hampshire

If you do a search 'what's on in [county]' google is great at suggesting websites that collate events.

Secret London website has nice suggestions sometimes or Time Out, if you fancy something in the capital.

Ps. Try Facebook events perhaps too. Not all might be advertised there though.

Why don’t you tell us what kinds of things you like and a rough area and we could send you things?

I’m going to a drag bingo brunch with my sisters in a few weeks

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Yellow Pages

Let your fingers do the walking

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Comedy Clubs in my area.

I have NO difficulty ......

e.g. Comedy clubs near me.

Comedy clubs in liverpool

NO biggie

Enjoy your night out

King's Crustacean

Im assuming you are in the South East .... I can't be more specific

Here's some

The Forge Comedy Club. ...

Komedia Brighton. ...

The Glee Club. ...

Laughing Chili Comedy. ...

Jericho Comedy. ...

Comedy All Stars. ...

Fireythings & The Hope.

King's Crustacean

loads on trip advisor

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Ask in a local Facebook group. Or just look at venues near you.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

You can also just put your town/city and "events on the date" and search on Google

By *oldyoudown41Man  over a year ago

caledonian

Comedy night does sound appealing,

Live music , Irish live music that is or try

Something silly like an adventure day out !

Country walk and a country pub to wind down .

We would really like to know your interests or hobbies

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"It's my birthday soon,

Thank you x"

We are in bit of an abyss around here as you probably know Glitterbabe, it's not thst that you can't find listing, more that there are no events!

I think there is the occassional comedy night in Hertford and also in St Albans but realistically anything like that other than the occassional night you're looking at either London or Cambridge

hiding from cock pics.

"It's my birthday soon,

Thank you x

We are in bit of an abyss around here as you probably know Glitterbabe, it's not thst that you can't find listing, more that there are no events!

I think there is the occassional comedy night in Hertford and also in St Albans but realistically anything like that other than the occassional night you're looking at either London or Cambridge "

I have tried most of the above suggestions, and haven't found much, but maybe like ypu say it is because there isn't so much going on round here.

There is a comedy night in Bedford and another in Hertford so I'm looking at those.

As for ideas of what to do, it's somewhat difficult as I can only really come up with going to a show, eating out or a comedy night.

Pubs and clubs are not suitable, the cinema is a bit normal for a birthday, and it wouldn't be anything physical like roller skating or ice skating etc, I'm not sure what else there is really that we could look at

I am happy with the choice of 2 comedy Nights though, I just thought maybe I was missing something as there doesn't seem like much on but, possibly as John Kanaka says, it's just that literally in this area that isn't much on.

(I'm in North Hertfordshire incidentally.)

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"It's my birthday soon,

Thank you x

I think there is the occassional comedy night in Hertford and also in St Albans but realistically anything like that other than the occassional night you're looking at either London or Cambridge

I have tried most of the above suggestions, and haven't found much, but maybe like ypu say it is because there isn't so much going on round here.

There is a comedy night in Bedford and another in Hertford so I'm looking at those.

As for ideas of what to do, it's somewhat difficult as I can only really come up with going to a show, eating out or a comedy night.

Pubs and clubs are not suitable, the cinema is a bit normal for a birthday, and it wouldn't be anything physical like roller skating or ice skating etc, I'm not sure what else there is really that we could look at

I am happy with the choice of 2 comedy Nights though, I just thought maybe I was missing something as there doesn't seem like much on but, possibly as John Kanaka says, it's just that literally in this area that isn't much on.

"

The only places I can think of are The Horn in St Albans,The Corn Exchange in Hertford and Esquires in Bedford, I know that there are occassional comedy nights in Stevenage but not sure where. If you've checked those out them I think you've exhausted everywhere!

There are some local amateur dramatic groups in Hertfordshire but not sure whether their shows are suitable fir a birthday night out

hiding from cock pics.

"It's my birthday soon,

Thank you x

The only places I can think of are The Horn in St Albans,The Corn Exchange in Hertford and Esquires in Bedford, I know that there are occassional comedy nights in Stevenage but not sure where. If you've checked those out them I think you've exhausted everywhere!

There are some local amateur dramatic groups in Hertfordshire but not sure whether their shows are suitable fir a birthday night out"

Just to add to that, the Broken Seal Tap room in Stevenage used to have, (and may still have) a comedy night the first Sunday of the month, and also there is Garden City Brewery in Letchworth that used to have comedy nights on the 2nd Monday of the month. I've been to both of those and they are great.

Hopefully I've got enough choice now as I have found two on the Thursday.

Thank you for your help

» Add a new message to this topic