FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Life going to shit

Life going to shit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone else feel like their life is going up the swanny?

Terminally ill parent, work drying up and the cost of living spreading its tentacles into every aspect of my being.

I try to keep positive and keep thinking I’ve got my health etc etc but boy it feels crap at the moment.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm sorry to hear one of your parents has a terminal illness.

Life is quite dark for many at the moment. I hope you can find some peace

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

"Anyone else feel like their life is going up the swanny?

Terminally ill parent, work drying up and the cost of living spreading its tentacles into every aspect of my being.

I try to keep positive and keep thinking I’ve got my health etc etc but boy it feels crap at the moment."

You’re not alone…. Lots are feeling the same way - just don’t let it get on top of you. There are people here, and in real life that can help you cope if you feel it’s too much

By *ttentiveRabbitMan  over a year ago

Lymington

I know it's hard, but take the small wins where you can.

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

midlands

Life is hard and it sucks.

Thinking of you OP

Him x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I feel this time of year, I always feel crap. Mainly because of the short days and lack of sun.

But if you have other things happening, the feeling is magnified.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Definitely agree OP, sorry to hear about your parent.

A real struggle just to get out of bed in the morning.

But I'm guessing we have no real alternative to do anything other than ( and I quote Dory) just keep swimming.

1 day at a time minute by minute.

It's driving me crazy trying to plan for the future and retirement whilst also worrying myself silly about our kid's and their futures.

So your are definitely not alone if that's any consolation at all.

Hugs

By *estLondonDeepMan  over a year ago

London

"I know it's hard, but take the small wins where you can.

"

This is so true. I think the difficult part is realising when you're experiencing those small wins and then learning to really appreciate them, to try and balance out life.

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I felt like that back in 2021, my business went down the drain during lockdown, my LTP and I split, I had medical issues (which scared the hell out of me), I got to the point where I was getting ready to give up on life if you know what I mean.

I turned a corner at the end of 2021, and things have been on the up since then.

Keep your chin up, some things are sent to test us, but they end up making us stronger

I try to keep positive and keep thinking I’ve got my health etc etc but boy it feels crap at the moment."

The first step is to acknowledge how you feel OP, which you have done.

good luck.

By *ambalayaMan  over a year ago

Newport

I cared for both my parents for 12 years, 6 years with mother having cancer when I decided not to work. It takes it out of you in a big way but you have to do things for yourself, weekends away, evenings out etc It's not being selfish, if you're not in a reasonable place, you cannot help them properly. Good luck.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I think alot of people will be feeling the same way, for various different reasons

By *ambalayaMan  over a year ago

Newport

Oh, and look up carers UK and cruse counselling services, helped me a bit

I read an article about Navy Seals training. It really helped when I’ve been in dark places mentally.

Most who fail the training do so not in “Hell Week” the hardest part of the training physically but on “Beach Day”. It’s just running on a beach, at your own chosen speed. The challenge is that they don’t tell you how long, you just have to keep going until they tell you to stop. That’s what gets the most quitting. They focus on how much longer, rather than just focusing on running, on the beach, the sea, whatever is present and now.

When I’m at a loss what the future is, I focus in the immediate now. It does work.

I'm sorry to hear about your parent.

You are not alone. My life feels very heavy, but I'm just trying to plod on for my daughters sake.

Make sure to take care of yourself OP. And don't be afraid to reach out for help. It's good to look on the positive side but it's not easy when life is being such a cunt.

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

It can feel that way, yeah man.

Ever need to vent, just whack that message button friend.

I don’t have anything especially useful to add, that hasn’t been said by these lovely supportive people already.

Sending lots of love to you, OP, be kind to yourself

x

» Add a new message to this topic