FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > One for those into MEN

One for those into MEN

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What do you think of men getting emotional?!

Like crying and shit at TV.

I don't know What has gotten into me lately but for the last year or so I have found I can get teary so much more easier than I used to.

Recent examples - I watched Wildcat on Amazon Prime (watch it!) And Last Of Us episode 3. Both times in the last week i welled the fuck up.

What's your thoughts? Nice for men to do that? Or not 'manly'?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I like when a man is not afraid to show his emotions.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I've always encouraged my son to be open with his emotions. I think it's a good thing when guys can show them and not put the hard man approach

By *reamyclottedcreamWoman  over a year ago

Helston... or St Awful?...

"What do you think of men getting emotional?!

I don't know What has gotten into me lately but for the last year or so I have found I can get teary so much more easier than I used to.

Recent examples - I watched Wildcat on Amazon Prime (watch it!) And Last Of Us episode 3. Both times in the last week i welled the fuck up.

What's your thoughts? Nice for men to do that? Or not 'manly'?"

Sure. Do it. Emotions are sexy.

Let it out. It makes you so much stronger on the long run.

Nothing wrong with that!

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

Im very much with Professor Emma Thomson in the Relationship documentary Love Actually - ‘ man up … no one’s ever going to fuck you if you’re crying all the time!!’

By *rdxx999Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

I’ve always wore my heart on my sleeve. Bottled emotions up before and it does nothing but makes you feel worse

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

I really think it should be normalised for men to show emotions

"What do you think of men getting emotional?!

What's your thoughts? Nice for men to do that? Or not 'manly'?"

Nothing wrong with a man being on touch with their emotions, acknowledge them, talk them and display, I see many men get emotionally vnuerable..

Long gone are those belief systems that men, don't talk about or display feelings....there is freedom in emotional honesty

By *ttentiveRabbitMan  over a year ago

Lymington

On word..... bambi! *sobs

All for men showing their emotions to help with MH, but it would be a huge turn off for me if a man started crying watching TV. I'd find it emasculating.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple  over a year ago

Manchester-ish

B always gets emotional watching The Dog House on Ch4. It's healthier than hiding all those feelings inside.

J

My husband is retired military. Been though a lot. He breaks down in certain situations. I don't fault him for it or anyone else.

Carlisle

"All for men showing their emotions to help with MH, but it would be a huge turn off for me if a man started crying watching TV. I'd find it emasculating."

Quite right - as soon as bambis mother dies id be on you like a rutting stag showing how I deal with tragic and senseless loss!!

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

Nothing wrong with showing emotions

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I don't think I'd say it's nice for men to do that , no

Lol don't come to my house on veterans day or memorial day you will think someone set off a CS grenade. They toast remember cry and hug. So yes it's ok to cry.

By *aizyWoman  over a year ago

west midlands

Nothing wrong with it at all, I like a man who's not afraid to show his emotions.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

I can be a bit weird about it, and that bothers me.

It never used to be an issue, but I'm far too wary of it being deliberate emotional manipulation. And I know I shouldn't think that. But sometimes it's like my gut just freezes and I don't know how to process it. The way the L word can get used almost as a call and response to try and coerce someone into saying it back, the crying because they're upset that they hurt you so that the hurtful thing is less relevant than them being upset about it somehow, I can't quite reconcile it right in my head yet.

So, for now, I struggle to see people be emotional if I'm not prepared for it. I know it's a me problem, I am in therapy still and working on it. No-one should have to hide genuine emotion from me, and I hate that I react the way I do these days. Sometimes I have to walk away for a bit to clear my head and recognise the person for who they are and not the person that played those games. But I do come back to try and help once I've got through that. And I will get better, it's just going to take time to heal.

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

I cry/well up at lots of things, but things like Tv and film rarely get me going.

Life and too much alcohol will do it though.

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

It just shows you're human ...

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Absolutely nothing wrong with a man showing his emotions...I feel honoured if a man shows me that side to him x

By *istyPeaksCouple  over a year ago

braintree

As long as it’s not during of just after sex, it’s all good

A good cry is healthy.

its good to show emotions ive always told my boys its ok to cry and to be angry /upset and to ask for help if its needed so many men struggle and pretend they are ok and often get to no point of no return so many men have cs cos they couldnt cope

"I can be a bit weird about it, and that bothers me.

It never used to be an issue, but I'm far too wary of it being deliberate emotional manipulation. And I know I shouldn't think that. But sometimes it's like my gut just freezes and I don't know how to process it. The way the L word can get used almost as a call and response to try and coerce someone into saying it back, the crying because they're upset that they hurt you so that the hurtful thing is less relevant than them being upset about it somehow, I can't quite reconcile it right in my head yet.

So, for now, I struggle to see people be emotional if I'm not prepared for it. I know it's a me problem, I am in therapy still and working on it. No-one should have to hide genuine emotion from me, and I hate that I react the way I do these days. Sometimes I have to walk away for a bit to clear my head and recognise the person for who they are and not the person that played those games. But I do come back to try and help once I've got through that. And I will get better, it's just going to take time to heal."

i understand that i still have barriers up and cautious because of a past relationship - be kind to you its baby steps xx

You can cry on my shoulder anytime.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

I'm perfectly happy for men to express their emotions, eg crying, whether on TV or in real life.

There's an honesty and sincerity in that, because we're conditioned not to. So anyone who goes against that grain is showing you a sincerity and truth they've probably fought for years not to show and keep repressed.

You know the saying, the beer goes in and the truth comes out ? I believe it's the same with men crying. If you see us cry you can pretty much guarantee we're not acting. It's the most vulnerable side of us we are exposing and whilst some of those tears are likely to be our own shame at exposing our weakness, many will be for the subject at hand too.

I rarely cry, but sometimes something in a film will catch me. Tonight was a good example. I was watching Vikings:Valhalla and Freydis just returned to the camp to collect her child. She was almost half dead, and about to walk in to certain doom (no spoilers). I found that willingness to sacrifice everything immensely moving and I misted up a bit. (I do get invested in characters if they are acted well and I'm engaged with the story).

(I did wonder why she didn't having a training montage and get her strength back before going for the End Boss. Or sneak in to the camp and catch him alone, preferably asleep, but I suppose the latter wasn't honourable in their culture. Then again, taking a child isn't honourable either, so I'd have said all bets are off and offed him in his sleep. Loki would have approved

By *avexxMan  over a year ago

cheshire

i filled up last week watching MR TOM

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I'm conflicted. But that's because I don't show vulnerable emotion unless I'm alone (learned behaviour from historical abuse)

So if he was over sensitive with crying it would annoy me, but that's my issue not his

"i filled up last week watching MR TOM"

I filled up last week reading one of Tom's threads.

By *eard and BoobsCouple  over a year ago

Portstewart

Too many men bottle everything up and it does damage to the point it nearly caused me to no longer be here so do what you can do and cry if you want to

By *arker secrets 321Man  over a year ago

West Bromwich

Always worn my heart on my sleeve .last few years iv gotten more emotional not sure if because of wots happened in my life x

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

I despise the term 'man up'

Men and boys are so much more vulnerable than women/girls because of this so-called societal norm.

I find men in tune with their emotions very sexy and self-confessed 'Alpha males' a total turn-off Mrs.

Carlisle

"I despise the term 'man up'

Men and boys are so much more vulnerable than women/girls because of this so-called societal norm.

I find men in tune with their emotions very sexy and self-confessed 'Alpha males' a total turn-off Mrs."

Anyone who calls themself an alpha male - isnt and is also suspiciously twatlike!

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

Men are allowed to get emotional, be sensitive and have feelings and anyone who says different is a haddock-pants.

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

I don't think anything of it. Nothing bad, nothing good.

Having just recently finally sought help for mental health my new outlook says why are we even asking this.

We are humans we have emotions why stifle them

This is coming from an ex soldier who lived on bravado and bullsh't

By *weetkitten65Woman  over a year ago

Halifax

I find men in tune with their emotions very sexy and self-confessed 'Alpha males' a total turn-off Mrs."

Totally agree

Limerick

I find men in tune with their emotions very sexy and self-confessed 'Alpha males' a total turn-off Mrs.

Anyone who calls themself an alpha male - isnt and is also suspiciously twatlike! "

We call them "Eejits" in Ireland

Totally agree "

Alpha male can be used in a way that downdraft take the user of the term a d'ck but it most cases not lol

Carlisle

Anyone who calls themself an alpha male - isnt and is also suspiciously twatlike!

We call them "Eejits" in Ireland "

Yes - Liverpool its Bell end!!

Yes - Liverpool its Bell end!! "

Generally - Twat

Limerick

Yes - Liverpool its Bell end!! "

» Add a new message to this topic