FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do your local takeaways charge you more for delivery when they arrive

Do your local takeaways charge you more for delivery when they arrive

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm staying in a Travelodge tonight and I ordered an Indian. I ordered by phone and the guy told me the price, and when the food was delivered the delivery driver wanted another £6.

Is this a common thing?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inx.x3Woman  over a year ago

Bath

"I'm staying in a Travelodge tonight and I ordered an Indian. I ordered by phone and the guy told me the price, and when the food was delivered the delivery driver wanted another £6.

Is this a common thing?"

Not common as far as I know.

By *assing Fancies xCouple  over a year ago

Sherwood Forest

No... and if they did I'd tell them to take the fucker back

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No , it sounds like someone was trying their luck making some cash

"No... and if they did I'd tell them to take the fucker back "

I did and then he asked the boss to call me, which he did and the boss said I owed him £1.99p for delivery charge and if I didn't give it he would have to pay the delivery driver out of his own pocket.

Not in my experience. I’d normally tip the delivery person, especially if they came by motorbike on a miserably wet day but that is at my own discretion.

Didn’t they take payment over the phone when you ordered? That should be the end of it.

"No... and if they did I'd tell them to take the fucker back

I did and then he asked the boss to call me, which he did and the boss said I owed him £1.99p for delivery charge and if I didn't give it he would have to pay the delivery driver out of his own pocket. "

Adding £2 or so for delivery is common.

"Not in my experience. I’d normally tip the delivery person, especially if they came by motorbike on a miserably wet day but that is at my own discretion.

Didn’t they take payment over the phone when you ordered? That should be the end of it."

No cash on arrival

"No... and if they did I'd tell them to take the fucker back

I did and then he asked the boss to call me, which he did and the boss said I owed him £1.99p for delivery charge and if I didn't give it he would have to pay the delivery driver out of his own pocket.

Adding £2 or so for delivery is common."

It went from 6 to 2

[Removed by poster at 30/01/23 21:38:11]

"Not in my experience. I’d normally tip the delivery person, especially if they came by motorbike on a miserably wet day but that is at my own discretion.

Didn’t they take payment over the phone when you ordered? That should be the end of it.

No cash on arrival "

Even so, the delivery man wanted £6 when the delivery charge was only £1.99. It seems like he was trying his luck, as someone has already said above.

No cash on arrival

Even so, the delivery man wanted £6 when the delivery charge was only £1.99. It seems like he was trying his luck, as someone has already said above."

Shouldn't the delivery charge be included when the takeaway is ordered ?

That's what I thought.

No cash on arrival

Even so, the delivery man wanted £6 when the delivery charge was only £1.99. It seems like he was trying his luck, as someone has already said above.

Shouldn't the delivery charge be included when the takeaway is ordered ?

That's what I thought."

It is normally but the owner seems to have suggested that he forgot to include it. I haven’t come across that before. I’ve had deliveries where the delivery charge is on the bill as an extra but it was included at the time of payment on the phone/app/website.

Sounds like a chancer, to me.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"I'm staying in a Travelodge tonight and I ordered an Indian. I ordered by phone and the guy told me the price, and when the food was delivered the delivery driver wanted another £6.

Is this a common thing?"

nope delivery is free

[Removed by poster at 30/01/23 22:05:48]

We used to have a lot of Indian food delivered as a family and we had a favourite restaurant. I remember the day they added a single pound for using a credit card - my Dad boycotted them from then on

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

You don't get any of this nonsense in Claridges, I tell thee.

I'm a delivery driver. Never add on money at door. Sometimes the apps like deliveroo or just eat reset and charges are wrong. But unless customer agrees on phone first I'm not asking at door for extra money. Lots of drivers chance their arm cause it's free money if they get it . Usually restaurant wouldnt be aware

"We used to have a lot of Indian food delivered as a family and we had a favourite restaurant. I remember the day they added a single pound for using a credit card - my Dad boycotted them from then on "

I don't blame him

"I'm a delivery driver. Never add on money at door. Sometimes the apps like deliveroo or just eat reset and charges are wrong. But unless customer agrees on phone first I'm not asking at door for extra money. Lots of drivers chance their arm cause it's free money if they get it . Usually restaurant wouldnt be aware "

On top of that the food was terrible! I don't know how they have so many 5 star reviews.

I would of given them minus 5 for the food alone if I could.

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Someone tried it on my lad a couple of nights ago. I came to the door took the stuff off him and told him to fuck off. It was ordered via deliveroo, so the delivery charge is included in the price you pay as you order it. It was 12.45 am so he was chancing his arm against a young lad who he thought would know no better.

Yea that's not on. I do it full time ..so i make my living on it...depend on return customers. Only thing annoys me is people who take forever to open the door! Or have phone off.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Delivering to an hotel is an excuse for a driver to chance his arm, which he probably wouldn't do if he was making a home call.

It doesn't surprise me.

Nope, those that di charge for delivery add it to the bill at the point if sale

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

Around here delivery is a separate charge and it isn't cheap as we are quite remote so not many places deliver and food apps like deliveroo are just a dream.

It just seems natural to me to enquire about delivery charge when on the phone, usually it's the first thing they mention before they take the order.

» Add a new message to this topic