FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Conspiracy theories.....

Conspiracy theories.....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *weetkitten65 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Halifax

What's the strangest one you've heard?...

Do you belive it?...

Obviously everyone has the right to their own views & thoughts..

The strangest one I heard recently was that people who were getting the Covid jabs were actually being injected with chemicals that will track their movements, & tell governments all your private data..

So guess I'm doomed...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool/Wallasey

Birds are not real, which was created as a hoax to prove people will buy in to any old conspiracy theory... And they did just that

By *ittlebirdWoman  over a year ago

The Big Smoke

That there was once a guy with only a dick pic on Fab who sent a FAF message and actually ended up fucking a woman.

Absolute bloody madness

By *eviants In DefianceCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

"Birds are not real, which was created as a hoax to prove people will buy in to any old conspiracy theory... And they did just that "

And that lockdown was so they could change all the batteries in said birds.

Pxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wonko is the leader of the forum clique

By *ichaelknightMan  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"That there was once a guy with only a dick pic on Fab who sent a FAF message and actually ended up fucking a woman.

Absolute bloody madness "

By *ottom charlieMan  over a year ago

washington

"What's the strangest one you've heard?...

Do you belive it?...

The strangest one I heard recently was that people who were getting the Covid jabs were actually being injected with chemicals that will track their movements, & tell governments all your private data..

So guess I'm doomed... "

the government and lots of hi tech companies can do that by monitoring where you go with your phone

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

"Birds are not real, which was created as a hoax to prove people will buy in to any old conspiracy theory... And they did just that "

Wasn’t it just pigeons ?

When did you last see a baby pigeon ?

You know the TRUTH don’t you, it’s not a conspiracy if it’s in CAPS LOCK, better believe those pigeons are fitted with high resolution cameras and the batteries last about 10 years , LOCKDOWN was required to do a global battery change. BELIVEV THE TROOTH ….. it will set you THREE

By *rMonkeyMan  over a year ago

In the middle

"That there was once a guy with only a dick pic on Fab who sent a FAF message and actually ended up fucking a woman.

Not a theory

By *asterR and slut mayaMan  over a year ago

Bradford

In the paper last week or online

Saw it somewhere .the flat earth people belive someone doctoring all the pictures from space so we don't find out that world is flat .

The Big Smoke

Absolute bloody madness

Not a theory "

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

"

See, when it comes to batshit conspiracy theories that are actually dangerous and harmful to individuals I don't really agree that people have the right to promote them.

They can be seriously harmful to both vulnerable people and the perfectly sane due to their effects on those that believe them.

Socrates once said "Some people will believe anything they read on the internet" and he was right.

A

By *ohnny4playMan  over a year ago

Kinross

"In the paper last week or online

Saw it somewhere .the flat earth people belive someone doctoring all the pictures from space so we don't find out that world is flat ."

And they claim to have members all over the globe!

"

See, when it comes to batshit conspiracy theories that are actually dangerous and harmful to individuals I don't really agree that people have the right to promote them.

They can be seriously harmful to both vulnerable people and the perfectly sane due to their effects on those that believe them.

Socrates once said "Some people will believe anything they read on the internet" and he was right.

A "

The Big Smoke

"

A "

I thought that quote was by Abraham Lincoln?

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

A

I thought that quote was by Abraham Lincoln? "

He was quoting Socrates he he said that. I'm pretty sure he actually mentioned it live on TV during an interview.

A

The Big Smoke

"

A

He was quoting Socrates he he said that. I'm pretty sure he actually mentioned it live on TV during an interview.

A"

Ah I see. Much clearer now. Loved that show

By *rLothbrokMan  over a year ago

Lancs

"

A

I thought that quote was by Abraham Lincoln? "

I thought it was Einstein.

Lincoln said, “if a car is worth having, it’s got to be a Ford!”

By *LIVEANDKICKING100Man  over a year ago

DUBLIN

Evs are environmentally friendly!

I used to work as a civvie on a military base in North Yorkshire. There was a local peace activist group who believed there was a secret underground submarine base underneath it.

Yes loves, because the perfect place to have a submarine base is 100 miles from the sea

By *smith46Man  over a year ago

Wrexham

Do you belive it?...

So guess I'm doomed... "

There have been some confirmed cases of people having tiny electrical devices discovered in their bodies that seemingly serve no purpose and there being no signs of prior surgery having put them there.

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

"I used to work as a civvie on a military base in North Yorkshire. There was a local peace activist group who believed there was a secret underground submarine base underneath it.

Yes loves, because the perfect place to have a submarine base is 100 miles from the sea "

Well thats what makes it a good secret submarine base

Wrexham

There were a number of highly placed employees who worked in the world trade centre that recieved a mysterious phone call the day before the 9/11 attacks telling them not to come into work tomorrow.

By *amyam5627Man  over a year ago

Swadlincote

My local is a hotbed of conspiracy theorists………

From the earth Is flat, to Chem trails from planes (the flight path for East Midlands is right above us and they are low) and vaccines are to control us.

The one that really took the biscuit was when someone told me that cancer was man made and given to people, I had to walk out as I have lost family to the disease.

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

"I used to work as a civvie on a military base in North Yorkshire. There was a local peace activist group who believed there was a secret underground submarine base underneath it.

Yes loves, because the perfect place to have a submarine base is 100 miles from the sea

Well thats what makes it a good secret submarine base"

Exactly, not even the Russians would think of looking there..

By *ttentiveRabbitMan  over a year ago

Lymington

What about those time traveler ones

By *sleWightCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Ryde

"What about those time traveler ones "

Nah, there's no truth to that stuff.

Someone tried to tell me tomorrow and again three weeks from now, and I didn't believe a word of it...

By *ttentiveRabbitMan  over a year ago

Lymington

"What about those time traveler ones

Someone tried to tell me tomorrow and again three weeks from now, and I didn't believe a word of it... "

I saw it on tomorrow’s world, today on yesterday channel

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

The latest "Buzz subject" being voiced on conspiracy theory sites is "15 Minute Cities".

Conspiracy nut jobs are twisting the concept of 15 minute cities to suggest that we will all be imprisoned in these zones by 2030, trapped and not allowed to leave.

They are as mad as a box of frogs

Wrexham

Someone tried to tell me tomorrow and again three weeks from now, and I didn't believe a word of it...

I saw it on tomorrow’s world, today on yesterday channel "

I was at the station today and was told "The next train has gone"

I was thinking the same

I don’t know much about science but they said building seven collapsed in 9/11 prior to it collapsing live

By *ilfCrumpet9Man  over a year ago

Wirral

"

A

"

Was that not you can have any colour as long as its black.

Or was that ford himself?

By *ilfCrumpet9Man  over a year ago

Wirral

I saw it on tomorrow’s world, today on yesterday channel "

I thought it was last week a fortnight ago

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

That was my favourite. Absolute genius!

"

A

Was that not you can have any colour as long as its black.

Or was that ford himself? "

Ford

Find On Rubbish Dump

Alien spacecrafts at Area 51.

By *ames250122Man  over a year ago

Worcester

Do you belive it?...

So guess I'm doomed... "

I knew a girl once that would only drink bottled water as she believed the gov put chemicals in tap water to track peoples movements. Never believed it tbh but wouldn’t care if they did. If they want to waste their time and money tracking my boring old movements then they’re welcome to lol x

By *xciter7169Man  over a year ago

The Midlands

There pork-pies are luvly

By *ames-77Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Do you belive it?...

So guess I'm doomed... "

I don't want to start wars.. but the covid wasn't about that it's just the beginning of the depopulation agenda 2030

Nibiru cataclysm: A red star lies at the centre of a brownish cloud against a background of stars. V838 Monocerotis, a variable star accompanied by a light echo, has been erroneously portrayed as an approaching planet or brown dwarf on a collision course with Earth.

milton keynes

Same way are being played about the global warming.. they use it to their favour to now convert to electric after they sold you 80 years of oil.. we are messing the planet up but the earth is naturally warming up it's the course it takes.. did we create the ice age ?

By *inister_SpinsterWoman  over a year ago

North West

I love that one.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

I laughed hard when I heard this. Also they believe birds sit on electrical wires because that’s how the “ robot spy birds “ charge their batteries.

The mr

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Here’s a topical one I’ve seen suggested in just the last couple of days: Neither Sarah Everard nor Nicola Bulley ever existed, and were completely invented in order to distract us from… something. The individual in question hadn’t thought that far ahead yet.

By *astandtheCurious2Couple  over a year ago

letchworth

That what we received the vaccine, the top part of the needle would break off and stay in arm, in order to get tracker information into everyone. Because no one would ever notice a random bit of metal left under the skin

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Do you belive it?...

So guess I'm doomed...

I don't want to start wars.. but the covid wasn't about that it's just the beginning of the depopulation agenda 2030"

Oh dear

couple, us we him her.

Do you belive it?...

So guess I'm doomed...

There have been some confirmed cases of people having tiny electrical devices discovered in their bodies that seemingly serve no purpose and there being no signs of prior surgery having put them there."

Yeah of course I believe you.

Here's some fuzzy felt can you make me a picture of a lion grrr

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Apparently this country is run by a Left Wing Economic Establishment. Its power and reach is that strong that it has the power to oust Prime Ministers who are too awesome, talented and revolutionary.

Take the Red Pill people. Storm parliament, overthrow the Left Wing Economic Establishment and make Britain Truss again.

North West

If you look up

Abbie Richards

The Conspiracy Chart.

This clever graphic gives an overview of nut job ideas, I mean, Conspiracy Theories.

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

Do you belive it?...

So guess I'm doomed... "

if any government wants to know about our movements let them, its a pretty boring journey lol

The Big Smoke

"If you look up

Abbie Richards

The Conspiracy Chart.

This clever graphic gives an overview of nut job ideas, I mean, Conspiracy Theories. "

Reptilian Overlords is my all time favourite

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

Do you belive it?...

So guess I'm doomed... "

yes the anti fab police

There was one a few years back that Australia didn't exist, it was a mind control experiment made to get you to believe in the false notion that the earth was spherical

I've seen one now that the Turkey/Syria earthquake is a psyops hoax

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"If you look up

Abbie Richards

The Conspiracy Chart.

This clever graphic gives an overview of nut job ideas, I mean, Conspiracy Theories.

Reptilian Overlords is my all time favourite "

According to that chart, my Mother is detached from reality. She believes all of the things in the top-most part of the chart.

By *weetkitten65 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Halifax

"If you look up

Abbie Richards

The Conspiracy Chart.

Reptilian Overlords is my all time favourite "

Oh yes...heard this a few years ago that the Royal family were serpents in human form

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I've seen one now that the Turkey/Syria earthquake is a psyops hoax "

Well that didn't take long.

That boobies are used by female overlords to take over the world....heard that on the fab grape vine

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The longer live the more people it seems are completely detached from reality. What worries me most is that it's starting from the top and we're all being encouraged towards a view of the world that's completely unrealistic.

Conspiracy theories at least appear ridiculous to most of us.

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

The royal family are lizards

Do you belive it?...

So guess I'm doomed...

I don't want to start wars.. but the covid wasn't about that it's just the beginning of the depopulation agenda 2030

Oh dear "

Oh yes...you should see his comments on the 'non jabbed women' thread.

Bradford

"The royal family are lizards"

Every body knows that prince harry a turd i ment a toad I'm dyslexic

I was right the first time or maybe a snake .

The Big Smoke

"That boobies are used by female overlords to take over the world....heard that on the fab grape vine "

This isn’t a conspiracy theory it’s actually true

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

When I want to find conspiracies I turn to the World leader in it, the USA.

The 2022 Californian wild fires were started by lasers from space that are owned by Jews - That came from a member of the house of reps.

Democrats stole the 2020 election helped by Italian satelites that hacked the voting machines.

Democrats eat babies and hold them in the basement of a Pizza shop in Washington.

Perhaps the worst was the 2012 shooting of 28 people in Sandy Hook Elimentary School did not occur and it was created by democrats using actors to introduce gun control. Radio host Alex Jones peddled this and was sued into obscurity.

The moon is an alien satellite and is hollow

Surely the numerous 911 conspiracy theories are the most well known.

The plane that crashed into the pentagon was actually empty and flown by remote control

No plane crashed into the pentagon

The twin towers were actually brought down by demolition explosives

The planes seen crashing into the twin towers didnt exist and were superimposed

The phone calls from people trapped in the towers were actually recorded by actors.

The list is endless

By *empusMan  over a year ago

Poole

[Removed by poster at 07/02/23 10:40:10]

By *eedsLocal2040Man  over a year ago

Leeds

That aliens built the pyramids

The Big Smoke

"[Poster abducted by aliens at 07/02/23 10:40:10]"

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

Why are you asking? Who asked you to ask? Who do you report to? Why do you need the information? Is it ‘them’ asking?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Prices are going up because... War... Covid.. Energy...

Rather than rampant profiteering.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Why are you asking? Who asked you to ask? Who do you report to? Why do you need the information? Is it ‘them’ asking? "

If you know, you know but if you don't know then you need to know..

You know..

Bradford

"Prices are going up because... War... Covid.. Energy...

Rather than rampant profiteering."

Don't the energy companies profits

Dispell that one .

By *empusMan  over a year ago

Poole

"The latest "Buzz subject" being voiced on conspiracy theory sites is "15 Minute Cities".

Conspiracy nut jobs are twisting the concept of 15 minute cities to suggest that we will all be imprisoned in these zones by 2030, trapped and not allowed to leave.

They are as mad as a box of frogs"

Frogs who can only use their cars for 100 days a year or get fined! I am genuinely against this concept, wish it was just theory.

There was one going around about olive oil the other day. The product not the cartoon character.

The conspiracy? People have just discovered that some olive oil products actually contain a mixture of oils. something that’s common knowledge to anyone who reads labels because it does actually state it on there.

According to the conspiracy theorists this is a big plan by food companies and the government to poison us all and make everyone sick, whilst at the same time making millions from selling fake products.

Conspiracy theorists are so dumb it’s unbelievable. I saw it shared so many times and people were genuinely acting like they discovered something new and shocking

Tin town

"Why are you asking? Who asked you to ask? Who do you report to? Why do you need the information? Is it ‘them’ asking?

You know.. "

On a need to know basis.

Nottingham

"If you look up

Abbie Richards

The Conspiracy Chart.

This clever graphic gives an overview of nut job ideas, I mean, Conspiracy Theories. "

Thank you for this! Interesting to come across half a dozen madnesses I hadn't heard of before.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

That uks social modia is being monitored by the 77th brigade, or is it true?

Bradford

"Why are you asking? Who asked you to ask? Who do you report to? Why do you need the information? Is it ‘them’ asking?

You know..

On a need to know basis. "

I am not a prisoner I am a free man

The Big Smoke

"Why are you asking? Who asked you to ask? Who do you report to? Why do you need the information? Is it ‘them’ asking? "

Be afraid. Be very afraid

Carlisle

Be afraid. Be very afraid "

If you’re going to burst through my door at midnight… bring lube and jaffa cakes!!

The Big Smoke

If you’re going to burst through my door at midnight… bring lube and jaffa cakes!! "

Me? I’ll be getting my beauty sleeps…

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

I saw one on Facey around September last year saying Germany were banning the use of cash in January.

Guess what........

Gotta love the 'cashless society is coming tomorrow' loons.

A

Carlisle

If you’re going to burst through my door at midnight… bring lube and jaffa cakes!!

Me? I’ll be getting my beauty sleeps…

"

Not if you’re here you won’t

By *wingin CatMan  over a year ago

London

"

You were right first time round.

By *wingin CatMan  over a year ago

London

"The longer live the more people it seems are completely detached from reality. What worries me most is that it's starting from the top and we're all being encouraged towards a view of the world that's completely unrealistic.

Conspiracy theories at least appear ridiculous to most of us. "

Britain is become too much like America, in its love of promoting wack-job conspiracy theories. Tragic, really.....

Carlisle

"The longer live the more people it seems are completely detached from reality. What worries me most is that it's starting from the top and we're all being encouraged towards a view of the world that's completely unrealistic.

Britain is become too much like America, in its love of promoting wack-job conspiracy theories. Tragic, really....."

Like America In too many ways …. People have started to discuss feelings in public… there’s nothing more unbritish - what happened to sexual repression and chin up old boy!! Festering repressed emotions that got unleashed every so often in a war where someone said something bad about the british and we invaded them - that showed them!! We need to outlaw feelings in public and counselling should be made a capital crime - bring back flogging for double parking in a disabled space and hanging for failure to indicate at a junction - yes bMW driver I mean you!!! We need a return to

The commonsense ticking timebomb repression of the good old days…. I fear I may have gone off topic!!

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

That there's a world underneath Antarctica we've been forbidden to visit.

It's why no one is allowed to explore there, apparently.

Britain is become too much like America, in its love of promoting wack-job conspiracy theories. Tragic, really....."

Nope those are your own homegrown nutcases. We didn't export anything.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

The UK Government is adding chemicals to our drinking water to give us cancer.

People with O rhesus neg blood are ancestors of aliens who interbred with Neanderthals and Homosapiens and also engineered humans.

O negs have special powers of shape-shifting.

If I could shape shift I'd make myself taller so I didn't look as fat.

Glasgow

I don't think anyone is posting in this forum. All the posts are from Russian AI bots in North Korea! They are trying to desensitise us to the reality that Qanon is a modern bible and it should be trusted without question.

I have to go now, the CIA are onto me!

By *ing-louisMan  over a year ago

Merthyr Tydfil

The earth isn't flat, it's a massive woman (actually not taking the piss right now)

9/11 was an inside job because a much smaller building, with similar architecture, in China didn't collapse when it was on fire.

Chocolate is from space. That one's courtesy of the loon that is David "avocado" wolf.

The government is controlling the weather from an Alaskan base, I think HAARPA/HAARP or something like that

I went deep into this crap when I was bored over lockdown. They're all bonkers

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

"In the paper last week or online

Saw it somewhere .the flat earth people belive someone doctoring all the pictures from space so we don't find out that world is flat ."

Did they put a bend in all the spirtlevels in the world as well?

Australians are fake, because no-one has ever seen or heard an Australian child - not saying it makes sense, but once I stumbled across last week...

By *ice_pair69Couple  over a year ago

Cambs

Illuminati created the word ‘ conspiracy’ to lead people down never ending rabbit holes on non truth and speculation to nonsense.

Resulting in a cover up of the real truth ….that no one knows because we all follow the white rabbit.

Love theories

We listen to a lot of podcasts on may subjects

This is hard to chat over a swingers forum

Enjoy !

Latest theories (also based on evidence )

Electric cars and co2

Absolutely fascinating

During my travels across the Siberian Steppes, some years ago, I chanced upon a team of Russian palaeontologists, who were clearly in a state of heightened exuberance.

Apparently, an unseasonable deluge had washed away a section of river bank, exposing the perfectly preserved carcass of a woolly mammoth. The beast was frozen in a running posture and looked as fresh as the proverbial daisy.

The Russian greybeards were quite beside themselves with glee, considering this to be the find of the century. Somehow they had got it into their heads that the specimen was at least fifteen thousand years old.

I introduced myself and upon learning my identity they naturally begged me to examine their treasure and offer an authoritative opinion.

I was pleased to do so, having nothing else planned for the morning. I perused the beast and proclaimed that it was indeed a “woolly mammoth, of the genus Mammuthus primigenius. And that it had been dead for at least half an hour!

The woolly mammoth, I explained to them, is a burrowing animal, which lives exclusively beneath the ground and is very common in these parts. It tunnels with its enormous tusks and dies instantly upon exposure to sunlight.

“You have a nice fresh one here,” I told them, “and it would be a shame to waste it.”

Without further ado I had my servants haul the carcass back to the village where I was staying and get the fire stoked up.

The greybeards made a quite unnecessary fuss about this and I was forced to employ my stout stick. With typical bad grace they did not attend the barbecue.

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

"Birds are not real, which was created as a hoax to prove people will buy in to any old conspiracy theory... And they did just that

Wasn’t it just pigeons ?

When did you last see a baby pigeon ?

You know the TRUTH don’t you, it’s not a conspiracy if it’s in CAPS LOCK, better believe those pigeons are fitted with high resolution cameras and the batteries last about 10 years , LOCKDOWN was required to do a global battery change. BELIVEV THE TROOTH ….. it will set you THREE

"

I've seen baby pigeons, they're called Squabs by the way. Ugly bizarre looking creatures, you wouldn't want to see one.

North West

"Australians are fake, because no-one has ever seen or heard an Australian child - not saying it makes sense, but once I stumbled across last week..."

I do find small children do get under the feet a bit

North West

"The UK Government is adding chemicals to our drinking water to give us cancer.

People with O rhesus neg blood are ancestors of aliens who interbred with Neanderthals and Homosapiens and also engineered humans.

O negs have special powers of shape-shifting.

If I could shape shift I'd make myself taller so I didn't look as fat."

Oh. I'm O neg but don't appear to have these powers. Should I turn myself off and on again?!

By *mglasMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Some of the more outlandish ones are obviously ridiculous but a lot of other ones aren't. It's not like people don't conspire, it happens all the time.

couple, us we him her.

"Australians are fake, because no-one has ever seen or heard an Australian child - not saying it makes sense, but once I stumbled across last week...

I do find small children do get under the feet a bit "

There okay but I couldn't eat a whole one.

couple, us we him her.

"I don't think anyone is posting in this forum. All the posts are from Russian AI bots in North Korea! They are trying to desensitise us to the reality that Qanon is a modern bible and it should be trusted without question.

"

Yes, yes we are onto you.

How's that latte your drinking?

And that colour suits you it brings out the green in your eyes

Tin town

"I saw one on Facey around September last year saying Germany were banning the use of cash in January.

Guess what........

A"

Interesting. How many tills in supermarkets no longer take cash? 70 per cent? 80 per cent? Take the piss all you like but cash is no longer welcome at many fewer places than 5 years ago.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 07/02/23 13:35:17]

Torquay

"I saw one on Facey around September last year saying Germany were banning the use of cash in January.

Guess what........

A

Interesting. How many tills in supermarkets no longer take cash? 70 per cent? 80 per cent? Take the piss all you like but cash is no longer welcome at many fewer places than 5 years ago. "

That was mainly because of Covid and a reluctance to handle cash during the pandemic.

However, speaking as someone who has retail businesses I can testify that over the last Seven or Eight months cash is making a major comeback and we see more people using cash week on week.

It's not back to pre Covid amounts but it isn't far off.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Guess what........

A

Interesting. How many tills in supermarkets no longer take cash? 70 per cent? 80 per cent? Take the piss all you like but cash is no longer welcome at many fewer places than 5 years ago. "

Cash is still accepted though, yes?

So not a 'cashless society'.

5 years ago I needed to drive miles to pay a cheque in at a bank. Now I just take a photo of it on my phone and it's cleared by the end of the next day.

It's called progress.

I'm convinced some people would still like to have phones attached to their walls by long twirly cables, cars with just three gears and shops closing at lunchtime and shut on Sunday's.

Cash for many is a total ballache.

A

Merthyr Tydfil

"Interesting. How many tills in supermarkets no longer take cash? 70 per cent? 80 per cent? Take the piss all you like but cash is no longer welcome at many fewer places than 5 years ago. "

More like 10/20%

North West

Guess what........

A

Every single supermarket takes cash.

Tin town

Guess what........

A

Interesting. How many tills in supermarkets no longer take cash? 70 per cent? 80 per cent? Take the piss all you like but cash is no longer welcome at many fewer places than 5 years ago.

Every single supermarket takes cash."

Yes the ones I visit still do. Unless you go after 10 at night and then only the self checkout tills that only take credit cards at Asdas.

Merthyr Tydfil

"

Yes the ones I visit still do. Unless you go after 10 at night and then only the self checkout tills that only take credit cards at Asdas. "

Asda is a big company, but they don't make up 70% of the shops in the uk

By *anted by NightMan  over a year ago

Shangri-la

[Removed by poster at 07/02/23 14:10:43]

Torquay

"

Yes the ones I visit still do. Unless you go after 10 at night and then only the self checkout tills that only take credit cards at Asdas.

Asda is a big company, but they don't make up 70% of the shops in the uk"

They also have self service checkouts that take cash at any hour.

By *anted by NightMan  over a year ago

Shangri-la

It’s not a conspiracy theory. It actually happened

North West

Guess what........

A

Yes the ones I visit still do. Unless you go after 10 at night and then only the self checkout tills that only take credit cards at Asdas. "

You can still ask for a member of staff to open a till. ASDA isn't unstaffed at night.

Guess what........

A

5 years ago I needed to drive miles to pay a cheque in at a bank. Now I just take a photo of it on my phone and it's cleared by the end of the next day.

It's called progress.

I'm convinced some people would still like to have phones attached to their walls by long twirly cables, cars with just three gears and shops closing at lunchtime and shut on Sunday's.

A"

We can all go to the bootsales on a shopless sunday. How lovely. Need to keep the cash though!

Tin town

"

Asda is a big company, but they don't make up 70% of the shops in the uk

They also have self service checkouts that take cash at any hour."

Nope not in the one I use. After 10 at night. All had the no entry sign on.

Tin town

Guess what........

A

You can still ask for a member of staff to open a till. ASDA isn't unstaffed at night."

I did. I gave up. Not all shelf stackers have authority to unlock a till. Why so many challenges. It happened.

Tin town

Guess what........

A

It's called progress.

A"

I didn't say it was a cashless society so your argument is moot. I said less and less supermarket checkouts take cash. Which is a fact.

Glasgow

"I don't think anyone is posting in this forum. All the posts are from Russian AI bots in North Korea! They are trying to desensitise us to the reality that Qanon is a modern bible and it should be trusted without question.

Yes, yes we are onto you.

How's that latte your drinking?

And that colour suits you it brings out the green in your eyes "

EEEEK!!!

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Guess what........

A

It's called progress.

A

I didn't say it was a cashless society so your argument is moot. I said less and less supermarket checkouts take cash. Which is a fact. "

But you want to go shopping after 10pm, yes?

Shops only stay open late or for 24 hrs shopping because of cost saving efficiency measures. Like self service tills.

Cash handling costs businesses more than electronic payments. It's also a greater security risk. It's no surprise shops want to move away from cash. You could always just use small shops that take cash, but then no doubt there'd be complaints of higher prices.......

A

That the city of Oxford is going to be divided up into 15 minute zones which will be fenced off and nobody allowed in or out of them, or they get a £70 fine.

It doesn't occur to these people that the council can't make by-laws that make it illegal to go to work

Australians (who don't exist) are put into concentration camps and left to die if they get covid. Or locked in boxes til they die. One or the other.

The guy from work who was absolutely fuming a few years ago when he had been convinced that petrol had been made illegal with 2 weeks notice

Wrexham

Not a conspiracy but certainly weird, the Russian sleep experiments.

You'll find out all about it on YT.

What a mind fuck!

North West

"

You were right first time round."

I know, but I'm trying to be kind. Having stupid ideas isn't illegal.

Apollo 20

Tin town

Guess what........

A

It's called progress.

A

I didn't say it was a cashless society so your argument is moot. I said less and less supermarket checkouts take cash. Which is a fact.

Shops only stay open late or for 24 hrs shopping because of cost saving efficiency measures. Like self service tills.

Cash handling costs businesses more than electronic payments. It's also a greater security risk. It's no surprise shops want to move away from cash. You could always just use small shops that take cash, but then no doubt there'd be complaints of higher prices.......

A"

OK one more time.

I went or go shopping late at asda because I was working late and it was open... And yeah I needed supplies. It was late so no other shops were open. The only staff visible were night shift shelf stackers. The only option available to pay was self service credit card only. All the other points may be valid. It doesn't change what happened. Nor the fact that less places take cash than did 5 years ago and the trajectory is that even less will take it in another 5 years.

Now for your well observed benefits of no longer allowing cash... That's entirely the argument for moving toward a cash free society. You started off saying it wasn't happening... Then make a good case for it happening.

And here's another thing. Of the 8 self checkout tills at my local sainsbury. 6 of them are card only. Which by my maths is 75 %.

The 3 tills that are possible to man... Are rarely of ever attended. Now... I've been late in and asked to pay cash and they have refused me saying no we've already cashed up.

North West

Guess what........

A

You can still ask for a member of staff to open a till. ASDA isn't unstaffed at night.

I did. I gave up. Not all shelf stackers have authority to unlock a till. Why so many challenges. It happened. "

Go to Tesco. Or Sainsbury's. Or Aldi. Or Lidl. Or Morrisons. Or Iceland. Or Waitrose. Or Booths.

Plenty of choice to spend your cash

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Guess what........

A

It's called progress.

A

A

OK one more time.

I went or go shopping late at asda because I was working late and it was open... And yeah I needed supplies. It was late so no other shops were open. The only staff visible were night shift shelf stackers. The only option available to pay was self service credit card only. All the other points may be valid. It doesn't change what happened. Nor the fact that less places take cash than did 5 years ago and the trajectory is that even less will take it in another 5 years.

Now for your well observed benefits of no longer allowing cash... That's entirely the argument for moving toward a cash free society. You started off saying it wasn't happening... Then make a good case for it happening.

And here's another thing. Of the 8 self checkout tills at my local sainsbury. 6 of them are card only. Which by my maths is 75 %.

The 3 tills that are possible to man... Are rarely of ever attended. Now... I've been late in and asked to pay cash and they have refused me saying no we've already cashed up. "

Do you not own a bank card? How do you withdraw your cash?

People are very quick to throw up problems when they already possess the solution or the means to use a service in a different way.

And yes. I'm very happy with the move away from cash. I see the changes as a positive rather than a negative. But that doesn't mean that any nation is likely to be going fully cashless anytime soon.

The BofE have stated that even in the event of them launching a digital currency that cash would still be available and in circulation.

Businesses are free to do as they wish in terms of acceptable payments. Many for years (and still don't) didn't accept Amex because their commission fees were too high. Many didn't accept credit cards for ages, likewise debit cards when first launched. Now the reverse is happening and it's widely supported by the younger population, but also many older people who feel vulnerable and at risk carrying cash.

Change isn't bad unless you're unwilling to embrace it and consider the positives.

But hey. Since we're talking about conspiracy theories then obviously the desire to move to cashless society is all because the government wants to see how much people are spending on butt plugs, the utility companies want to be able to take however much they want regardless of what you actually owe and so that the lizard overlords can freeze your bank account if they think you're supporting left wing, vegan friendly, ethnic underwear stores too much and drinking to many skinny soya lattes at the weekend down at the socialist worker community cafe whilst plotting the next revolution.

A

North West

I have never once heard of a multinational chain supermarket refusing to take cash at any time. We've been to the 24hr Tesco, Sainsbury's which is open till 10 and many other supermarkets and had the option to spend cash or use cards at any time. I don't doubt they have few tills staffed late at night and more self serve, but there is always a member of staff who can open a till and there are self serve checkouts that take cash. If this is a genuine complaint, I'd get it in the media, pronto, because none of the supermarket CEOs would want to defend it.

I personally disbelieve that any cash has been completely declined in a supermarket run by the usual suspects (Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's etc).

By *oom Bang a BangMan  over a year ago

Watford

You can meet people on this site and have sex with them.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

That 5G being linked to Covid thing, that was certainly a dumb one.

Not sure how a large radio transmitter might affect the human body in relation to any radiation it might put out (if any).

That said, we are pretty sure it won't create or spread viruses.

By *raceytTV/TS  over a year ago

cardiff

Just seen on another platform

NATO caused the earthquakes in Turkey and Syria

Some people need a serious head shake

"Just seen on another platform

Some people need a serious head shake "

Seriously??? Incredibly, isnt it.

By *raceytTV/TS  over a year ago

cardiff

Seriously??? Incredibly, isnt it."

Makes the brain hurt

And wonder who the fuck tied their shoelaces

Merthyr Tydfil

Seriously??? Incredibly, isnt it.

Makes the brain hurt

And wonder who the fuck tied their shoelaces "

Laces? These people use velcro

By *.T.Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

5G was a goldmine of conspiracies...

One was the fact that the 5g band operates in and is affected by the "Oxygen Absorbion" zone.

The conspiracy is that the 5g depletes oxygen.

The fact is that oxygen absorbs the 5g frequencies. Not like a sponge you can squeeze out later, but the oxygen element of the atmosphere reduces signal propogation.

By *ulpgrinderCouple  over a year ago

LN11 area

They recharge on power lines

Nottingham

"Here’s a topical one I’ve seen suggested in just the last couple of days: Neither Sarah Everard nor Nicola Bulley ever existed, and were completely invented in order to distract us from… something. The individual in question hadn’t thought that far ahead yet. "

Update from the cranks about this one: Nicola Bulley was invented, and her disappearance fabricated, in order to advance "the chipping agenda". The same person then went on to claim the same is true of Madelaine McCann.

Because, y'know, everyone's been willingly putting tracking chips in their kids since 2007.

By *orthcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

Let's not forget some of these so called 'conspiracy theories' are steeped in truth!

Praise the Lord and his baby Jesus, erm, and all the believers who know the truth

Glasgow

"Let's not forget some of these so called 'conspiracy theories' are steeped in truth!

Praise the Lord and his baby Jesus, erm, and all the believers who know the truth

"

I always wondered, if God is immortal, why does he need a son?

milton keynes

Does make me laugh how people just use the term "conspiracy theory" to dismiss and attempt to lol about purely because their mindset has no capability to fathom the subject in question.. we have to accept the fact that we have many different levels of intellectual capability and knowledge and people that just believe what the news tells them.. people that try to explain things that are going on tend to be calm and attempt to explain.. the people who cannot understand and dismiss anything outside their mindset get angry and turn to abusive mocking and attempt to humiliate the other person as a self defence coping mechanism

"Does make me laugh how people just use the term "conspiracy theory" to dismiss and attempt to lol about purely because their mindset has no capability to fathom the subject in question.. we have to accept the fact that we have many different levels of intellectual capability and knowledge and people that just believe what the news tells them.. people that try to explain things that are going on tend to be calm and attempt to explain.. the people who cannot understand and dismiss anything outside their mindset get angry and turn to abusive mocking and attempt to humiliate the other person as a self defence coping mechanism "

I think you'll find most logical and rational thinking people accept there are indeed some conspiracies.

But they dont dismiss most of the others by simply labelling them as 'Conspiracy Theories'.

They usually dismiss them due to a distinct lack of evidence and facts.

And i love your generalisation.

So, the 'theorists', (for want of a better word), are intelligent.

And are calm, measured and rational when explaining their beliefs.

And the 'non believers' are all ignorant, gullible, and incapable of having a rational debate, resorting to name-calling and mocking instead.

Clearly you've not read the threads i have.

milton keynes

"Does make me laugh how people just use the term "conspiracy theory" to dismiss and attempt to lol about purely because their mindset has no capability to fathom the subject in question.. we have to accept the fact that we have many different levels of intellectual capability and knowledge and people that just believe what the news tells them.. people that try to explain things that are going on tend to be calm and attempt to explain.. the people who cannot understand and dismiss anything outside their mindset get angry and turn to abusive mocking and attempt to humiliate the other person as a self defence coping mechanism

I think you'll find most logical and rational thinking people accept there are indeed some conspiracies.

But they dont dismiss most of the others by simply labelling them as 'Conspiracy Theories'.

They usually dismiss them due to a distinct lack of evidence and facts.

And i love your generalisation.

So, the 'theorists', (for want of a better word), are intelligent.

And are calm, measured and rational when explaining their beliefs.

And the 'non believers' are all ignorant, gullible, and incapable of having a rational debate, resorting to name-calling and mocking instead.

Clearly you've not read the threads i have."

Mate I certainly wasn't suggesting all the theories are anyway near the truth .. but it can be frustrating when they are all classed as conspiracy theories when actually a fair amount have turned out to be truth .. people laughed about the chemtrails which is now a factual process in which some governments (USA) have admitted they used this for reasons which were complete bollocks but they admitted

It .. weather control was another one that's now also been made a fact china was the first to say they do it Dubai use it to produce rain clouds NASA have a machine that creates rain clouds first used for rocket launches to extinguish the flames.. I could go on a hell of a lot more

» Add a new message to this topic