FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do people who go to Dubai actually enjoy it or are they just saying it to sound cool

Do people who go to Dubai actually enjoy it or are they just saying it to sound cool

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usman 199 OP   Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Just wondered

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

Me too it doesn't sound like anywhere I'd like to go to be honest

By *igBrianSWMan  over a year ago

Near WSM

I guess it’s a unique experience, whatever else you think! Personally, I’ve never fancied it. I just get the feeling it’s all a bit of a facade, and a bit CGI

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I heard they don't even show The Flintstones in Dubai but Abu Dhabi do!

Dorchester

"I guess it’s a unique experience, whatever else you think! Personally, I’ve never fancied it. I just get the feeling it’s all a bit of a facade, and a bit CGI "
Its manufactured to take tourists money

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

Each to their own, I couldnt imagine anything worse. But I climbed a mountain on my last holiday and i can't imagine many people would think that was fun.

By *erilottsTV/TS  over a year ago

Chippenham

No interest to me, had a mate who swore it was great, but could not go for a walk innthe evening, pathways so high to stop cars mounting the pavements, armed guards on the gate apart from the food and pool sounds like a prison.

All the rich people driving around in supercars while we ate paying £1.75 per litre for diesel.

Don't like the look of it, sound of it or anything to do with it...a resounding no from me

By *erbert1990Man  over a year ago

Dagenham

I been and its the most overrated place I've ever been to. I wouldn't go again.

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

I'd go, for the spectacle of it all..... And the toasty warm weather.

By *aughtyWeeMrs1Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I’ve never fancied it personally.

I’ve always said people just want to go for bragging rights. Poser land

By *aimeDWoman  over a year ago

Shaftesbury, Dorset

No idea, I’ve no plans to go as I’m not particularly fond of being sent to prison for being me

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I’ve never fancied it personally.

I’ve always said people just want to go for bragging rights. Poser land "

^^^This, same views here.

Have been a few times because of work , thing to remember is don’t break the law there , consequences can be catastrophic , it’s very safe , no theft little crime , no locals work in any of the shopping malls , all staffed by foreign workers . Dress conservatively if you’re a woman , otherwise men will follow you and catcall you . If your female NEVER visit a man in his hotel room , you will be viewed as a prostit*** and possibly arrested. Consume alcohol in designated hotel areas only or face arrest . Do not take the prophets name in vain , even as a joke , you’ll get arrested . Morality police still exist here and often harass local women going about their business .

Been about 8 times. Love it !!!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Been a few times to Qatar and the other Emirates.

Mostly tag along with mates for either business or the Rugby Sevens.

It’s good for winter sun and love the desert vibe when you get of town.

It’s a bit like a high rise Milton Keynes in the desert though in some places

Personally I can't say I'd want to go a country that's governed in the way it is. But up to everyone to decide where they want to travel.

By *ananaman41Man  over a year ago

Dublin

The lack of crime in places like dubai, abu dhabi and qatar is certainly to their credit and would be a huge plus point for me if it were for purposes of moving there for work.

However for a holiday, i prefer going places that offer value for money, both when it comes to food and drink, but also with women. So parts of south east asis, as well as being a paradise, ticks all those boxes

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

*Judith Chalmers has entered the chat......

North West

"The lack of crime in places like dubai, abu dhabi and qatar is certainly to their credit and would be a huge plus point for me if it were for purposes of moving there for work.

However for a holiday, i prefer going places that offer value for money, both when it comes to food and drink, but also with women. So parts of south east asis, as well as being a paradise, ticks all those boxes "

Value for money with women? Or do you mean holidays you can take with women (e.g. Middle East frowns upon unmarried couples).

By *teveuk77Man  over a year ago

uk

"The lack of crime in places like dubai, abu dhabi and qatar is certainly to their credit and would be a huge plus point for me if it were for purposes of moving there for work.

However for a holiday, i prefer going places that offer value for money, both when it comes to food and drink, but also with women. So parts of south east asis, as well as being a paradise, ticks all those boxes

Value for money with women? Or do you mean holidays you can take with women (e.g. Middle East frowns upon unmarried couples)."

Cheap sex...

Dublin

Value for money with women? Or do you mean holidays you can take with women (e.g. Middle East frowns upon unmarried couples).

Cheap sex..."

Thailand for example, you could find a girlfriend for a week or 2, pay for her food, drink etc. Nice holiday girlfriend

I don't want to and also wouldn't travel to and spend money in any country that its illegal to be gay. I'm straight acting mostly and would be okay but i wont go there. I turned a holiday down with a friend to his sisters plantation in Uganda before covid for the same reason.

And also it looks shit, my brother and family goes most years on one of their holidays. But whatever.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Never fancied it myself, probably couldn't afford it anyway!

"I don't want to and also wouldn't travel to and spend money in any country that its illegal to be gay. I'm straight acting mostly and would be okay but i wont go there. I turned a holiday down with a friend to his sisters plantation in Uganda before covid for the same reason.

And also it looks shit, my brother and family goes most years on one of their holidays. But whatever."

Abu Dhabi looks shit I meant. Was gutted to turn down Uganda.

By *asty tatsyMan  over a year ago

london

Been a few times and enjoyed every trip always something new to do

Would be my idea of hell.

Dublin

"I don't want to and also wouldn't travel to and spend money in any country that its illegal to be gay. I'm straight acting mostly and would be okay but i wont go there. I turned a holiday down with a friend to his sisters plantation in Uganda before covid for the same reason.

And also it looks shit, my brother and family goes most years on one of their holidays. But whatever.

Abu Dhabi looks shit I meant. Was gutted to turn down Uganda. "

Is that not a touch of biting off your nose to spite your face?

I mean, theres a lot more to a person than just your sexuality. Its only an aspect of your being, not your entire self

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

The architecture is stunning

Abu Dhabi looks shit I meant. Was gutted to turn down Uganda.

Is that not a touch of biting off your nose to spite your face?

I mean, theres a lot more to a person than just your sexuality. Its only an aspect of your being, not your entire self "

I don't think so.

I didn't even consider myself bi when I turned Uganda down and was with a gf of over 10 years.

I don't want to give money to a government that locks people up or worse for who they love or put their willy in.

Turning down the UAE and Uganda leaves me with enough options.

By *lueFireCouple  over a year ago

just somewhere around here

Always wanted to jump at Skydive Dubai the facilities there are awesome ..sad our skydiving days are over

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Not of Any interest to me

Used to run there on ships a few years ago and it was the one place in the gulf you could get a drink and a decent run ashore.

There are far better places though if you have options outside the gulf.

Living and working here for awhile now! One of the safest places iv ever traveled or lived in! No non sense place! If insulting ppl is freedom than bless us all! Extremely hot in summers but UK is extremely cold in winters! You make a lot of money! Never was asked by anyone for drinking, clubs bars beaches operate as normal! But yes you can't fuck anyone in the mall!

Dublin

"Living and working here for awhile now! One of the safest places iv ever traveled or lived in! No non sense place! If insulting ppl is freedom than bless us all! Extremely hot in summers but UK is extremely cold in winters! You make a lot of money! Never was asked by anyone for drinking, clubs bars beaches operate as normal! But yes you can't fuck anyone in the mall! "

Im in awe of the place when it comes to the handle they have on crime. It just goes to show, no fucking around with it is the only way to go.

Contrast that with some of the shitholes in london, thats what happens when you play politics instead of confronting the issue head on

They took a similar approach in rio de janeiro a few years back. Crime was rampant in favelas, so rather than having police do tik tok dances and paint their vans in rainbow colours, they sent in tactical units to clean them up instead. And clean them up they did

"Living and working here for awhile now! One of the safest places iv ever traveled or lived in! No non sense place! If insulting ppl is freedom than bless us all! Extremely hot in summers but UK is extremely cold in winters! You make a lot of money! Never was asked by anyone for drinking, clubs bars beaches operate as normal! But yes you can't fuck anyone in the mall!

Im in awe of the place when it comes to the handle they have on crime. It just goes to show, no fucking around with it is the only way to go.

Contrast that with some of the shitholes in london, thats what happens when you play politics instead of confronting the issue head on

They took a similar approach in rio de janeiro a few years back. Crime was rampant in favelas, so rather than having police do tik tok dances and paint their vans in rainbow colours, they sent in tactical units to clean them up instead. And clean them up they did"

People don't mess with the police in the UAE because the country is big on violating citizens human rights. The grass/sand isn't greener over there.

By *oystick-MCRMan  over a year ago

Manchester | London

Some go for the three Ps

Dublin

"Living and working here for awhile now! One of the safest places iv ever traveled or lived in! No non sense place! If insulting ppl is freedom than bless us all! Extremely hot in summers but UK is extremely cold in winters! You make a lot of money! Never was asked by anyone for drinking, clubs bars beaches operate as normal! But yes you can't fuck anyone in the mall!

They took a similar approach in rio de janeiro a few years back. Crime was rampant in favelas, so rather than having police do tik tok dances and paint their vans in rainbow colours, they sent in tactical units to clean them up instead. And clean them up they did

People don't mess with the police in the UAE because the country is big on violating citizens human rights. The grass/sand isn't greener over there. "

What human rights are they violating?

By *hillguynwMan  over a year ago

Brent

Only ever did the airport......

Not a good experience

By *iving Bi a TryMan  over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"What human rights are they violating? "

The right for two men to have sex.

The right for people to have sex outside marriage.

The right for people to have as many sexual partners as they like.

Can you think of a few yourself?

Gbat

Manchester | London

"What human rights are they violating?

Gbat "

What about FF sex?

People don't mess with the police in the UAE because the country is big on violating citizens human rights. The grass/sand isn't greener over there.

What human rights are they violating? "

It's not a secret. Google it.

Enforced disappearance. Public stoning and flogging. Preventing people from access to legal counsel or a fair trial. Torture shady death sentences with no or little evidence of trial.

On a lighter note, I've been there quite a few times as it was a stop off between Afghanistan and the UK when I lived there.

You can get really good deals on hotels, the metro is clean and reliable, and it's safe (other than their skewed perception on sexual morals).

The shopping is good, the food is good, the traditional souks are worth a visit and there are beaches.

Emirates are one of my fave airlines to travel with.

I'd go again.

Gbat

Gbat "

All of the mentioned activities take place in Dubai!! Like fabswinger is accessible here! In privacy you can do all you want

"What about FF sex?"

I doubt it's legal but I also doubt it's policed in the same way as men having sex with each other.

Gbat

By *REEPALESTINEMan  over a year ago

derby

They do it for the instagram pics and clout

"I guess it’s a unique experience, whatever else you think! Personally, I’ve never fancied it. I just get the feeling it’s all a bit of a facade, and a bit CGI "

A bit CGI??

Dublin

Gbat

All of the mentioned activities take place in Dubai!! Like fabswinger is accessible here! In privacy you can do all you want "

Even if those activities didnt happen, that would still sound look like a pretty good trade off to get a crime free utopia.

But if those things still take place and you have the crime free utopia, then why isnt every country run like there???

Gbat

All of the mentioned activities take place in Dubai!! Like fabswinger is accessible here! In privacy you can do all you want "

Of course! In the UK there are regular r@pes, robberies and drink driving. There are sensible laws to prevent or punish these things.

It's not sensible to prosecute men for sucking cocks in their hotel room, like they would do in the UAE.

Gbat

Gbat

All of the mentioned activities take place in Dubai!! Like fabswinger is accessible here! In privacy you can do all you want

Even if those activities didnt happen, that would still sound look like a pretty good trade off to get a crime free utopia.

But if those things still take place and you have the crime free utopia, then why isnt every country run like there??? "

Because the stuff I mentioned plus more.

It's even worse for women and minorities

"Even if those activities didnt happen, that would still sound look like a pretty good trade off to get a crime free utopia.

But if those things still take place and you have the crime free utopia, then why isnt every country run like there??? "

WOW! It's safe, but it's no crime free utopia.

I guess you've never been under the threat of arrest for having sex?

Gbat

Gbat

I think UAE has done a brilliant job considering the geo location! How they have kept it so crime free is I think very clear on crime penalties, even though I doubt they take place, thy jus put someone in jail for a few days n than deport them! Other reason could b mainstream media dont have the balls to publish non sense, even though if petty crimes happen they don't bother us, it's jus my take

Can someone talk me through how someone on here would know WHY another someone from here (who they don’t know the slightest thing about) would choose a particular destination for a holiday ?

I can’t see anything less attractive to travel to than Dubai…

if I want warm weather there are stacks of places where I can be and not everything is gonna be overrated, overpriced and for the show-off only purpose.

It would be LITERALLY the last place on my travelling list.

Vetonna

Nice architecture but no natural wonders. Far more better places in World to visit (dependent on what floats your boat).

North West

Cheap sex...

Thailand for example, you could find a girlfriend for a week or 2, pay for her food, drink etc. Nice holiday girlfriend"

I thought so. How lovely

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I'd like to go for one reason.

The Burj Khalifa.

Just to see it from a distance,close up,go inside and to the top.

Anyone been there?

Dublin

Gbat

But if those things still take place and you have the crime free utopia, then why isnt every country run like there???

It's even worse for women and minorities "

How so?

North West

People don't mess with the police in the UAE because the country is big on violating citizens human rights. The grass/sand isn't greener over there. "

You can relatively effectively bribe the police in the UAE if you have enough money. Source: my Middle Eastern students who live there.

"I'd like to go for one reason.

The Burj Khalifa.

Just to see it from a distance,close up,go inside and to the top.

Anyone been there?"

Bro takes his family to UAE every year for the last 5 or so and are going again this year so works for them

Dublin

Cheap sex...

Thailand for example, you could find a girlfriend for a week or 2, pay for her food, drink etc. Nice holiday girlfriend

I thought so. How lovely "

Yep. It is lovely

North West

They took a similar approach in rio de janeiro a few years back. Crime was rampant in favelas, so rather than having police do tik tok dances and paint their vans in rainbow colours, they sent in tactical units to clean them up instead. And clean them up they did"

They've resolved crime in the favelas, have they?! News to me.

Gbat

How so? "

This information isn't hard to search for man. First result for "women UAE" first result pasted below.

According to Human Rights Watch, there is substantial discrimination against women in the United Arab Emirates.

Dublin

They've resolved crime in the favelas, have they?! News to me. "

They drastically improved them by removing drug dealing gangs from them

You can relatively effectively bribe the police in the UAE if you have enough money. Source: my Middle Eastern students who live there."

They'd take my money and stone me anyway lol

They drastically improved them by removing drug dealing gangs from them"

For how long?

Dublin

Gbat

How so?

This information isn't hard to search for man. First result for "women UAE" first result pasted below.

According to Human Rights Watch, there is substantial discrimination against women in the United Arab Emirates. "

Perhaps our friend whos in dubai contributing to this thread could give us some first hand knowledge?

"

You can relatively effectively bribe the police in the UAE if you have enough money. Source: my Middle Eastern students who live there."

Thank God our police are whiter than white then.

Dublin

They drastically improved them by removing drug dealing gangs from them

For how long? "

To the present day. Not perfect of course and an ongoing process but there is a steady police presence now in the worst favelas there, whereas there wasnt before as they were basically no go zones

Gbat

How so?

According to Human Rights Watch, there is substantial discrimination against women in the United Arab Emirates.

Perhaps our friend whos in dubai contributing to this thread could give us some first hand knowledge? "

I personally won't go there for the reasons i posted originally.

I don't have an issue with others going and am not trying to stop them. As also mentioned my brother takes his family annually.

Am not sure why I'm being asked to provide evidence of common knowledge readily available information. Peace.

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS  over a year ago

Newquay

That part of the world has simply never appealed to me....

Dublin

Gbat

How so?

Perhaps our friend whos in dubai contributing to this thread could give us some first hand knowledge?

I don't have an issue with others going and am not trying to stop them. As also mentioned my brother takes his family annually.

Am not sure why I'm being asked to provide evidence of common knowledge readily available information. Peace. "

Im not asking you, im asking the dubai based chap

Gbat

How so?

Am not sure why I'm being asked to provide evidence of common knowledge readily available information. Peace.

Im not asking you, im asking the dubai based chap"

I know man. Wasn't having ago in that comment more than saying my git I slither away.

"Have been a few times because of work , thing to remember is don’t break the law there , consequences can be catastrophic , it’s very safe , no theft little crime , no locals work in any of the shopping malls , all staffed by foreign workers . Dress conservatively if you’re a woman , otherwise men will follow you and catcall you . If your female NEVER visit a man in his hotel room , you will be viewed as a prostit*** and possibly arrested. Consume alcohol in designated hotel areas only or face arrest . Do not take the prophets name in vain , even as a joke , you’ll get arrested . Morality police still exist here and often harass local women going about their business . "
sounds like a horrendous place to go I'll stick to Cornwall least I can have a drink a pasty.

Gbat

How so?

Im not asking you, im asking the dubai based chap"

As I always say nothing is perfect! Women here are in all professions Doctors, teachers, nurses etc all societies have idiots we all know that! I believe during the pandemic we lived in the safest places with availability of resources. Again not saying there isn't anything bad but it's better than alot of places n trust me I travel alot, for work

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Was offered a completely free holiday there but didn't go

All the rest of my family did and enjoyed it but said it was expensive

Absolutely no interest in the place

Its seems to be lacking soul if that makes any sense

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Wales

It’s the sort of place I’d like to visit, just to say I’d been. But I know that I would probably do something wrong and end up incarcerated until the end of time or something, so best I admire from afar.

Manchester | London

"It’s the sort of place I’d like to visit, just to say I’d been. But I know that I would probably do something wrong and end up incarcerated until the end of time or something, so best I admire from afar."

Host a Dubai social they can’t catch us all

By *illybeachboyMan  over a year ago

Guernsey

I can't say any of the Middle Eastern countries appeal to me for a holiday. Dubai is as fake as Disneyland which would be my nightmare holiday destination.

So the threads about people who have gone there and their experience yet all I see is people saying why they wouldn’t go……errrrrr…….about right for fab

It’s a huge place

The nearer the sea the prices go right up

The beaches are great

You can get a beer it’s £10 a pint but worth it

Food is inexpensive

The huge mall and marina are amazing

It really is an eye opener

I was surprised

Not my cup of tea but very impressive

Hahaha ??

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

The middle east is one of them places where if you're a Muslim and a man probably the best place in the world if you've got a pocketful of cash for everyone else it's horrible.

Dorchester

"It’s a huge place

The nearer the sea the prices go right up

The beaches are great

You can get a beer it’s £10 a pint but worth it

Food is inexpensive

The huge mall and marina are amazing

It really is an eye opener

I was surprised

Not my cup of tea but very impressive "

how can a £10 beer be worth it in any mans language

"The middle east is one of them places where if you're a Muslim and a man probably the best place in the world if you've got a pocketful of cash for everyone else it's horrible."

So you’re the official spokesperson for the ‘everyone else’ contingent ?

Dublin

"The middle east is one of them places where if you're a Muslim and a man probably the best place in the world if you've got a pocketful of cash for everyone else it's horrible.

So you’re the official spokesperson for the ‘everyone else’ contingent ? "

Yeah amazing how people just read a few headlines and think they know everything about a place

"The middle east is one of them places where if you're a Muslim and a man probably the best place in the world if you've got a pocketful of cash for everyone else it's horrible.

Yeah amazing how people just read a few headlines and think they know everything about a place"

There is a word for it. Ignorance

I have shared what I know make what u wanna guys! All humans make mistakes no one is perfect

Dorchester

Yeah amazing how people just read a few headlines and think they know everything about a place

There is a word for it. Ignorance "

nope i think he's entitled to his opinion as are you

There is a word for it. Ignorance nope i think he's entitled to his opinion as are you "

Think what you like. That’s the beauty of this place

Cumbria

There is a word for it. Ignorance nope i think he's entitled to his opinion as are you

Think about what you like. That’s the beauty of this place "

So you guys work like to live and work out there but as native to the Country and in blue-collar jobs bringing up a family.

Dublin

There is a word for it. Ignorance nope i think he's entitled to his opinion as are you

Think about what you like. That’s the beauty of this place

So you guys work like to live and work out there but as native to the Country and in blue-collar jobs bringing up a family.

"

Sorry i dont follow the structure of that. Are you asking a question?

By *BootyfulDayWoman  over a year ago

It was somewhere I was never bothered about going to as I never really had any interest (or just saw all the influencers going there and I'm definitely not like them haha). I was pleasantly surprised and would go back again I think!

By *tylebender03Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Dubai to me is just a really big Trafford Centre

Cumbria

Think about what you like. That’s the beauty of this place

Sorry i dont follow the structure of that. Are you asking a question? "

Would you like to be a permanent resident of the country doing a blue-collar job considering around 10000 workers die every year in the construction industry alone compared to the UK with 7.

Numbers taken from the Guardian newspaper.

Cumbria

"Dubai to me is just a really big Trafford Centre"

Isn't that a depressing thought

By *4872Man  over a year ago

…manchester

It’s a great place to go on vacation …. Lots of lovey restaurants, beach clubs , becoming very westernized these days .. people who have bad things to say about the place haven’t been …. Remarking negative stuff about the cheap labour they use over there whilst typing messages from there iPhones which were made in Chinese sweat shops .. I worked there for 4 years along side blue collar workers , who earn there money and send back to support there whole families back in their home countries ….. we don’t know how lucky we are to have been born in the western world …. It’s just one of those things, we can’t change unfortunately… but you should visit once in your life I guess and make your own mind up…..

I love dubai... havent been since covid mind ;(

By *4872Man  over a year ago

…manchester

"I love dubai... havent been since covid mind ;("

I’ve got a spare bedroom there for you !! Lol . Get yourself over …

We’ve been and enjoyed it and probably would go again but there’s much better options for a holiday. It’s ridiculously hot, full of bellends and about £12 a pint.

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

Not a place I'd return to, felt all too orchestrated and false.

Dorchester

"Not a place I'd return to, felt all too orchestrated and false."
exactly manufactured to take peoples money nothing to see except new buildings, sand and sea

By *andering Welsh GuyMan  over a year ago

All over the place

Not on my bucket list to be fair

Dorchester

Think what you like. That’s the beauty of this place "

oh i do

It depends on entirely why you are there and where you are staying.

It's true its designed to take all the money they can take from its tourists so there is an amazing amount of things to see and do and experience for tourists.

It's also not as expensive as some would think when compared to the likes of Disney world etc so there's something for everyone.

As for work related visits it can be incredibly draining and dull the weather can say your energy like nothing you may have witnessed before however hospitality wise its brilliant.

This is my own opinion based on many trips for work and pleasure and understandably holds both conscious and sub(un)conscious personal biases.

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

I don't get why anyone would want to go there, appalling human rights record

I've been years back, and I wasn't much struck on it at all.

Lots of places I'd much rather go to now.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"Not on my bucket list to be fair "

Pretty near the top of my 'fuck it' list. Absolutely no interest in going there to see if I'd like it. I know I wouldn't and that is good enough for me.

I wouldn't support the economy of a nation or societal structure or oppressive regime for the sake of a few days in the sun.

Plenty of options out there that don't make me a hypocrite.

Bexley

Normally, I feel a bit bad about posting a negative comment on a thread where everyone else is a rabid enthusiast for the topic.

Here, for a change, I don't feel that I am in the minority.

By *ooknofurverMan  over a year ago

South East, Sussex

Absolutely hate the place and the way they treat other nationalities. A 3rd world country in disguise.

BTW any dogging sites there??!

By *ay and geetaCouple  over a year ago

bexleyheath

Been to Dubai before summer holiday half board for 10 nights , was the best relaxing holiday we ever had ! The service we experienced was the best what we would never get anywhere else !!! It’s just on a different level, you have to experience it your self

We are going again in august for 12 nights

We are family of 4 , ( 2 kids ) and we paid 4500£ in total , 5 star hotel on the palm, morning meal and evening meal ( that’s all you need )

Reasons we love Dubai are the following

Catered to individual service ( the chefs come out to you and ask what you like and if something not on the menu they still make it for you ( great for our fussy kids )

It’s relaxed, no yobs or loud people, it’s a different clientele however noticing more and more brits going especially from up north

It’s safe, clean (immaculate ) , kids clubs are the best !! Beautiful sea water , buy what you like tax free

So many activities to do as well

By * o yWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Have been a few times because of work , thing to remember is don’t break the law there , consequences can be catastrophic , it’s very safe , no theft little crime , no locals work in any of the shopping malls , all staffed by foreign workers . Dress conservatively if you’re a woman , otherwise men will follow you and catcall you . If your female NEVER visit a man in his hotel room , you will be viewed as a prostit*** and possibly arrested. Consume alcohol in designated hotel areas only or face arrest . Do not take the prophets name in vain , even as a joke , you’ll get arrested . Morality police still exist here and often harass local women going about their business . "

Think you covered everything .

Bexley

"Have been a few times because of work , thing to remember is don’t break the law there , consequences can be catastrophic , it’s very safe , no theft little crime , no locals work in any of the shopping malls , all staffed by foreign workers . Dress conservatively if you’re a woman , otherwise men will follow you and catcall you . If your female NEVER visit a man in his hotel room , you will be viewed as a prostit*** and possibly arrested. Consume alcohol in designated hotel areas only or face arrest . Do not take the prophets name in vain , even as a joke , you’ll get arrested . Morality police still exist here and often harass local women going about their business .

Think you covered everything . "

They certainly sound charming. the epitome of gentlemanliness!

It’s a great place to work and paying no tax is a great draw as is the sun in the winter months.

I recommend it as a two night stop over if flying to another destination but I don’t understand why people come again and again. Plastic fantastic but there is a whole world of real beauty to explore first imo. ( Dubai resident since 2009)

Couldn't think of anything worse.

If I wanted to look at shit tall buildings all day, I'd go to London.

Sarah

I've been several times with work. Once you've experienced the 'madness' that comes with it, it's just like any other city.

Totally pretentious, OTT and not my cuppa tea.

Give me a beach hut any day!

I used to go there loads and loved it every time

By *aza1888Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I found out recently about something called the dubai portal potty and it explains why people go to dubai let's just say the hot women are going ther to do alit more than sight seeing just look it up and be prepared for some down right abuse

By *oubletroubleCouple  over a year ago

South West

Worth going once just to experience it.

We wouldn't bother going again though.

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

"I found out recently about something called the dubai portal potty and it explains why people go to dubai let's just say the hot women are going ther to do alit more than sight seeing just look it up and be prepared for some down right abuse"

Just Googled this and that's already enough Internet for the day

You can go Dubai once in your life and see everything. Not much to do. Many more exciting places in the world

Glasgow

"I found out recently about something called the dubai portal potty and it explains why people go to dubai let's just say the hot women are going ther to do alit more than sight seeing just look it up and be prepared for some down right abuse

Just Googled this and that's already enough Internet for the day "

now you know why girls go to dubai

Glasgow

"I found out recently about something called the dubai portal potty and it explains why people go to dubai let's just say the hot women are going ther to do alit more than sight seeing just look it up and be prepared for some down right abuse

Just Googled this and that's already enough Internet for the day "

and whats weird is all those who haven experienced this will say that not what dubai is for but think like this u have ultra rich men with ultra rich city u need ultra things to play with ie toys for amusement and most them being white foreign women they are laugh and treated this way as they are in turn a human toilet ie filth to be disregarded

By *lltheboostCouple  over a year ago

Shefford

My uncle was working there and a d*unk driver smashed into his car…. They arrested my uncle! They said “you’re the infidel, if you hadn’t been here he wouldn’t have hit you”

And they still have religious police who fanatic's

By *irBummyFingerMan  over a year ago

Carmarthen

"My uncle was working there and a d*unk driver smashed into his car…. They arrested my uncle! They said “you’re the infidel, if you hadn’t been here he wouldn’t have hit you”

And they still have religious police who fanatic's "

that’s well out of order!

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man  over a year ago

Stourbridge

I worked in Dubai,Bahrain and Saudi back in 2008.

They were building the Burge and the monorail at the time the traffic was chaos. It was stupidly expensive, there was a tiny “heritage” village but nothing much other than that was more than 5 years old in Dubai, Bahrain was dead apart from the Gulf Hotel, Saudi was a vile place, no Saudis worked, I was told the thing about driving on my first day. Saudis drove around going through red lights with kids on the dashboard. If they hit you you got pulled.

People had their passports confiscated, workers living in shipping containers with no facilities at all.

We had to be in heavily armed compounds. Some of my experiences in Riyadh airport were downright awful, the Indian workers were hit with batons to make them line up, I was pushed to the front , if you spoke up you could be arrested, my host told me not to say anything and leave the building asap or he would be beaten.

Vile part of the world. Never been back. Never will.

Glasgow

"I worked in Dubai,Bahrain and Saudi back in 2008.

They were building the Burge and the monorail at the time the traffic was chaos. It was stupidly expensive, there was a tiny “heritage” village but nothing much other than that was more than 5 years old in Dubai, Bahrain was dead apart from the Gulf Hotel, Saudi was a vile place, no Saudis worked, I was told the thing about driving on my first day. Saudis drove around going through red lights with kids on the dashboard. If they hit you you got pulled.

People had their passports confiscated, workers living in shipping containers with no facilities at all.

We had to be in heavily armed compounds. Some of my experiences in Riyadh airport were downright awful, the Indian workers were hit with batons to make them line up, I was pushed to the front , if you spoke up you could be arrested, my host told me not to say anything and leave the building asap or he would be beaten.

Vile part of the world. Never been back. Never will. "

yeah you sound like you was under the kaffal which is more less modern day debt pionage

Bexley

I've always been prejudiced about the place and what I have read here reinforces the propaganda which my prejudice is based on!

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

I don’t see what’s cool about saying you went to Dubai?

Tell me you’ve swam with penguins, turtles and manta rays- I’ll like that.

Recall the time a hummingbird hovered next to your ear so you could feel the air waves vibrate on the side of your head- that’s worth chatting about.

Have you sat and had lunch while looking across at Cotopaxi?- that’s much more cool.

Discussed the finer points living under the reign of Castro and what the potential of American business investing there again, with a local taxi driver- that’s a life experience.

Visiting a sanitised shopping village run by a few families with horrific reputation for human rights…I’m yawning at you

Shefford

Just remembered another one… again from my uncle.

He was out there a long time as he was designing stuff for the military, but anyway.

Two US army ladies came out of a shopping Center having gotten some drinks and were returning to their Jeep, when a religious policeman suddenly set upon them with a cane! The ladies had camo trousers and a normal green tshirt on, but apparently having their arms exposed was very wrong in his eyes.

He grabbed one by the arm and started beating her, the other managed to give him the slip and got back to the Jeep where she promptly retrieved a .45 pistol from under the dash, then proceeded to chamber a round and stick it under the gentleman’s chin and explain that if he liked where his brain’s currently resided it would be advisable to stop hitting her friend, which he did.

When asked if he understood English, the lady said “I don’t think so… but he knew what I meant”

They hightailed it back to camp and got inside the compound. A few hours later a big group of police arrived asking the ladies be turned over to them.

Several dozen heavily armed soldiers advised them it would be a good idea to leave and not pursue it.

I believe this was back in the early 90’s, when things were a bit wild!

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Each to their own but not my cup of tea.

A tea connoisseur and snob

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

I have known some people love it so much they have moved out there.

Others weren't bothered about it at all....

Dorchester

"Just remembered another one… again from my uncle.

He was out there a long time as he was designing stuff for the military, but anyway.

Two US army ladies came out of a shopping Center having gotten some drinks and were returning to their Jeep, when a religious policeman suddenly set upon them with a cane! The ladies had camo trousers and a normal green tshirt on, but apparently having their arms exposed was very wrong in his eyes.

He grabbed one by the arm and started beating her, the other managed to give him the slip and got back to the Jeep where she promptly retrieved a .45 pistol from under the dash, then proceeded to chamber a round and stick it under the gentleman’s chin and explain that if he liked where his brain’s currently resided it would be advisable to stop hitting her friend, which he did.

When asked if he understood English, the lady said “I don’t think so… but he knew what I meant”

They hightailed it back to camp and got inside the compound. A few hours later a big group of police arrived asking the ladies be turned over to them.

Several dozen heavily armed soldiers advised them it would be a good idea to leave and not pursue it.

I believe this was back in the early 90’s, when things were a bit wild! "

Good for her and the army backing them up but having said that you have to know what the rules are with regard to their religious beliefs and they were inappropriately dressed, another reason not to go there, too hot, manufactured and arab not for me

Shefford

I believe this was back in the early 90’s, when things were a bit wild! Good for her and the army backing them up but having said that you have to know what the rules are with regard to their religious beliefs and they were inappropriately dressed, another reason not to go there, too hot, manufactured and arab not for me "

They were following “code” apparently, they had trousers not shorts, and had caps on to cover their hair. From what I was told he was just out to attack Americans.

The only thing good about Dubai is the airline.

Everything else... meh, pass. Dubai is the city embodiment of the saying "money don't buy class or sense".

By *xydadbodMan  over a year ago

Milton keynes

Does hanging around Dubai Airport to catch a connection flight to somewhere else classed as "visiting"? Lol still, lush Airport though. I've never seen an airport completely made out of marble stone mind and the indoor waterfalls was pretty cool though

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Would say the latter as most folk that we know that have been say its a dump if you wander out of the touristy areas along with it being too hot for them to venture out.

It must have some appeal, but it wouldn't do anything for us.

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man  over a year ago

Stourbridge

"Does hanging around Dubai Airport to catch a connection flight to somewhere else classed as "visiting"? Lol still, lush Airport though. I've never seen an airport completely made out of marble stone mind and the indoor waterfalls was pretty cool though "

Singapore the best one.

By *oofy321Man  over a year ago

moon base zero

Looks like a soulless place

By *tsJustKateWoman  over a year ago

London

"Just wondered "

Nope! Not somewhere I would go.

Dorchester

I believe this was back in the early 90’s, when things were a bit wild! Good for her and the army backing them up but having said that you have to know what the rules are with regard to their religious beliefs and they were inappropriately dressed, another reason not to go there, too hot, manufactured and arab not for me

They were following “code” apparently, they had trousers not shorts, and had caps on to cover their hair. From what I was told he was just out to attack Americans."

No its widely known that if you don't cover your arms that they do the screaming whistle and slap your arms a good friend of mine worked in the airline industry in saudi and his wife was chastised several times either for not wearing sleaves or not being accompanied by a male chaperone and when my daughter was in morocco similar thing happened there

[Removed by poster at 28/03/23 17:11:42]

Been loads of times and will go again. Ticks a lot of boxes for me . Love the place.

"No its widely known that if you don't cover your arms that they do the screaming whistle and slap your arms a good friend of mine worked in the airline industry in saudi and his wife was chastised several times either for not wearing sleaves or not being accompanied by a male chaperone and when my daughter was in morocco similar thing happened there "

Well if that’s their culture then respect it or go somewhere that fits in more with their own values. Plenty of other destinations to choose. It makes me laugh when brits tell other counties how they should be governed !

Dorchester

"No its widely known that if you don't cover your arms that they do the screaming whistle and slap your arms a good friend of mine worked in the airline industry in saudi and his wife was chastised several times either for not wearing sleaves or not being accompanied by a male chaperone and when my daughter was in morocco similar thing happened there

Well if that’s their culture then respect it or go somewhere that fits in more with their own values. Plenty of other destinations to choose. It makes me laugh when brits tell other counties how they should be governed !"

Especially Hampshire

I believe this was back in the early 90’s, when things were a bit wild! Good for her and the army backing them up but having said that you have to know what the rules are with regard to their religious beliefs and they were inappropriately dressed, another reason not to go there, too hot, manufactured and arab not for me

They were following “code” apparently, they had trousers not shorts, and had caps on to cover their hair. From what I was told he was just out to attack Americans."

I'm bot convinced bare arms would be "code" but this whole post, if true, reflects just as badly in Americans and their foreign policy. The pulling of the gun, the stand off at the base, non of that exactly reflects well on American troops does it?

They were following “code” apparently, they had trousers not shorts, and had caps on to cover their hair. From what I was told he was just out to attack Americans.No its widely known that if you don't cover your arms that they do the screaming whistle and slap your arms a good friend of mine worked in the airline industry in saudi and his wife was chastised several times either for not wearing sleaves or not being accompanied by a male chaperone and when my daughter was in morocco similar thing happened there "

I've been to Morrocco multiple times in the last 20 years and as a progressive and liberal Islamic country I've never heard of anyone needing a male chaperone and never witnessed or heard of abuse like that

Shefford

They were following “code” apparently, they had trousers not shorts, and had caps on to cover their hair. From what I was told he was just out to attack Americans.

I'm bot convinced bare arms would be "code" but this whole post, if true, reflects just as badly in Americans and their foreign policy. The pulling of the gun, the stand off at the base, non of that exactly reflects well on American troops does it? "

Lmao

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

I used to transit from Iraq via Dubai. There are 2 Dubai's, the Wayne Rooney Dubai and the horrible racist Dubai.

The workers from Bangladesh,India, Pakistan are treated like scum by Dubai Arabs.

Don't get me on the good Dubai Arab in the hotel bar with 2 russian p,stitutes on his knee and a beer with a paper towel wrapped round it who ups and leaves when call to prayer is sounded.

Dorchester

They were following “code” apparently, they had trousers not shorts, and had caps on to cover their hair. From what I was told he was just out to attack Americans.No its widely known that if you don't cover your arms that they do the screaming whistle and slap your arms a good friend of mine worked in the airline industry in saudi and his wife was chastised several times either for not wearing sleaves or not being accompanied by a male chaperone and when my daughter was in morocco similar thing happened there

I've been to Morrocco multiple times in the last 20 years and as a progressive and liberal Islamic country I've never heard of anyone needing a male chaperone and never witnessed or heard of abuse like that "

Well women walked through the market area in marakesh and were whistled my daughter witnessed it and jeered at because their arms were showing, this was 7 years ago mind and i definitely wouldn't go to Morocco anyway, i wouldn’t go to any Arab country

Dorchester

They were following “code” apparently, they had trousers not shorts, and had caps on to cover their hair. From what I was told he was just out to attack Americans.No its widely known that if you don't cover your arms that they do the screaming whistle and slap your arms a good friend of mine worked in the airline industry in saudi and his wife was chastised several times either for not wearing sleaves or not being accompanied by a male chaperone and when my daughter was in morocco similar thing happened there

I've been to Morrocco multiple times in the last 20 years and as a progressive and liberal Islamic country I've never heard of anyone needing a male chaperone and never witnessed or heard of abuse like that "

And obviously men get treated differently, its a male biased world

Dublin

"I worked in Dubai,Bahrain and Saudi back in 2008.

Vile part of the world. Never been back. Never will. "

What has all that got to do with dubai?

Bexley

"

I'm bot convinced bare arms would be "code" but this whole post, if true, reflects just as badly in Americans and their foreign policy. The pulling of the gun, the stand off at the base, non of that exactly reflects well on American troops does it? "

Someone inadvertently and innocently referred to the 'right to bare arms' on one of the gun law threads earlier.

I pointed them this way.

Bless them!

By *uri00620Woman  over a year ago

Croydon

No, I've just been just me and baby. Everyone was lovely. In fact the only thing which was hindering was that so many people wanted a photo with her it made getting anywhere difficult. More often than not men which was interesting. I felt safe at all times and traveled around quite a bit.

By *amesBeelzebubMan  over a year ago

norwich

What's the difference between ppl in Dubai and ppl in Abu Dhabi?

The ppl in Dubai do not like The Flintstones but the ppl in Abu Dhabi dooooooooo

» Add a new message to this topic