FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dating when being Autistic

Dating when being Autistic

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I’ve recently come out of a long relationship, and was diagnosed with autism last year.

I’ve always wondered, should I put the fact I am autistic in my bio. Wether that’s on here, dating sites etc..?

Or is something I should wait till I speak to someone directly first?

Any help would be gladly appreciative

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

On here OP I don't think it would matter that much. I wouldn't bother mentioning it. You will appeal to some and not to others the same as a NT.

In my opinion if someone met you for a social, they would more than likely realise you were ND, however I'm not sure it would be an issue if the attraction and chemistry were there.

On a dating site I think you should divulge this info either in your profile or early on in the chat IF you think it's relevant to the potential relationship.

I am NT btw, but do have several ND traits and due to those, I'm not able to sustain any kind of meaningful relationship beyond friendship.

However I am also a professional in the field with 2 decades of experience. I know 10s of ND people of all levels who successfully sustain relationships.

Good luck op

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/swingers/1432224

Lots of people on here! This is in the swingers section.

By *hegirlwiththepeachtattooWoman  over a year ago

Fellow late diagnosed autistic here. I’m open about it but I don’t put it on profiles. As much as it shouldn’t matter, there’s always going to be some bellend that tries to use it against me for not replying to his message.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

"https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/swingers/1432224

Lots of people on here! This is in the swingers section."

I was going to say, I bet there’s a fair spread of neurodivergence on here. Especially with the general theme being outside of the societal norms.

I want to mention I was diagnosed 4 years ago. Be nice to connect with fellow people on the spectrum. Feel free to DM me

I have family members with autism & know others and they're all completely different from each other. And I don't believe a lot of NT people really understand much about autism past the stereotypes (this is changing!).

So for those reasons I'd say don't put it on your profile because it doesn't really help people figure out what you're like - if that's your aim. And there's a chance people apply the stereotypes and unfairly dismiss you before they get to know you. Best of luck.

» Add a new message to this topic