FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Costa Toilets

Costa Toilets

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

A lady from Devon which actually borders Cornwall was caught short and tried to use the toilet in a Costa coffee shop. They were locked and she was told that she had to buy something to get the code to unlock the toilets. She asked to use the toilet first then she said she would buy something. The barrister refused and she left and found somewhere else. What's going on here guys. ? It's all over the news

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I'm surprised to be honest, we're in a first world country where using the toilet should be a human right. I don't get why business owners are so precious about people having to buy something before they can have their human right?

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

The way you say things does make me

Chuckle Tom

By *oofy321Man  over a year ago

moon base zero

"I'm surprised to be honest, we're in a first world country where using the toilet should be a human right. I don't get why business owners are so precious about people having to buy something before they can have their human right? "

To true...happened to me once in Costa,so they call the police when I pissed over the counter...I told them straight...more caffeine in my piss then in your flat white

By *elloWoman  over a year ago

alpha centauri

Wow that's mean, Costas around me have signs saying they're toilets are community toilets so no purchases required

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Quite a few places we've been to you need to buy a coffee or something to use the toilet. Cafes and bars in the Balearics for instance or the Canaries.

Public toilets are scarce in those places we've found.

By *estarossa.Woman  over a year ago

Flagrante

"A lady from Devon which actually borders Cornwall was caught short and tried to use the toilet in a Costa coffee shop. They were locked and she was told that she had to buy something to get the code to unlock the toilets. She asked to use the toilet first then she said she would buy something. The barrister refused and she left and found somewhere else. What's going on here guys. ? It's all over the news "

They're taking the piss!

Chelmsford

More public toilets are needed with attendants are needed

Chelmsford

Nobody was saying that she could not have a piss. The barrister was just saying. Piss somewhere else . .

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

Chichester

This is the same as pret toilets as well in London. Need a code to go splash your boots

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Would they refuse a pregnant lady ?

Boycott them and use independent coffee shops keep the local community thriving

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Nobody was saying that she could not have a piss. The barrister was just saying. Piss somewhere else . ."

They were probably just following company rules but taking them to the extreme.

If it were me I'd let people use the loo, no skin off my nose but some people find it difficult to deviate from specific instructions for various reasons

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

It's one reason I tend to stay away from Costa..

Can't take the server seriously when they're wearing those wigs..

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"Nobody was saying that she could not have a piss. The barrister was just saying. Piss somewhere else . ."

The barista was just saying make a purchase and you can use the facilities.

That's no different to most coffee shops, cafes, restaurants etc. Especially here in the west country. In our town there is one set of public toilets now that the others (there used to be 3 or 4 sets) have closed. During the season we get thousands of people here, and most businesses have a customers only toilet policy. Because it isn't free to the business to offer a toilet facility.

By *oofy321Man  over a year ago

moon base zero

"It's one reason I tend to stay away from Costa..

Can't take the server seriously when they're wearing those wigs.."

Lol

Forum Mod

East Sussex

In my student years I worked in a seafront café. They wouldn't even let customers use the toilets

By *he love catsCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

"This is the same as pret toilets as well in London. Need a code to go splash your boots "

Yes you need code's for a few places now even McDonald's in Swansea and Cardiff, when I asked why they said it was to stop drug dealers using them.

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

It's a basic human function, and to deny that is degrading and inhumane.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I get why shops have a ‘customer only’ policy for the use of the facilities but she did say she’d buy something after the widdle. So it’s a little bit ‘jobsworth’ of the guy, unless of course he has been duped too many times in the past with people doing a runner, if you’ll pardon the pun.

"Nobody was saying that she could not have a piss. The barrister was just saying. Piss somewhere else . .

That's no different to most coffee shops, cafes, restaurants etc. Especially here in the west country. In our town there is one set of public toilets now that the others (there used to be 3 or 4 sets) have closed. During the season we get thousands of people here, and most businesses have a customers only toilet policy. Because it isn't free to the business to offer a toilet facility."

Yup, and Cornwall has the highest water charges in the country to keep the beaches clean for the tourists!

Using the lavatory isn't free ...

By *BootyfulDayWoman  over a year ago

"Nobody was saying that she could not have a piss. The barrister was just saying. Piss somewhere else . .

If it were me I'd let people use the loo, no skin off my nose but some people find it difficult to deviate from specific instructions for various reasons "

This. I’d do the same and just let them as I’d assume the majority would end up buying something and if not no worries. But I work with a couple folk who are very black and white and it can be awkward as they’re not technically wrong but sometimes you have to look at some situations as being a grey area and respond accordingly hopefully that makes sense haha just rambling on!

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

Is the answer 1 espresso? I will get my coat

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"It's a basic human function, and to deny that is degrading and inhumane.

"

I tend to agree.

If they're concerned about the cost maybe ask for a small fee but I'm pretty sure Costa can afford to allow a few people use their loo.

To be frank the standard of cleanliness in Costa and Starbucks is pretty low so I'd try and avoid them anyway. They are really slow to clear and clean tables so I doubt they're in any hurry with the lavatories

Forum Mod

East Sussex

If it were me I'd let people use the loo, no skin off my nose but some people find it difficult to deviate from specific instructions for various reasons

This. I’d do the same and just let them as I’d assume the majority would end up buying something and if not no worries. But I work with a couple folk who are very black and white and it can be awkward as they’re not technically wrong but sometimes you have to look at some situations as being a grey area and respond accordingly hopefully that makes sense haha just rambling on! "

Yes it makes sense

That's no different to most coffee shops, cafes, restaurants etc. Especially here in the west country. In our town there is one set of public toilets now that the others (there used to be 3 or 4 sets) have closed. During the season we get thousands of people here, and most businesses have a customers only toilet policy. Because it isn't free to the business to offer a toilet facility.

Yup, and Cornwall has the highest water charges in the country to keep the beaches clean for the tourists!

Using the lavatory isn't free ... "

Precisely!

"A lady from Devon which actually borders Cornwall was caught short and tried to use the toilet in a Costa coffee shop. They were locked and she was told that she had to buy something to get the code to unlock the toilets. She asked to use the toilet first then she said she would buy something. The barrister refused and she left and found somewhere else. What's going on here guys. ? It's all over the news "

In my honest opinion, if you are an establishment that is selling "poo poo" juice, a toilet (or multiples) should be extremely accessible!

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

That's no different to most coffee shops, cafes, restaurants etc. Especially here in the west country. In our town there is one set of public toilets now that the others (there used to be 3 or 4 sets) have closed. During the season we get thousands of people here, and most businesses have a customers only toilet policy. Because it isn't free to the business to offer a toilet facility."

Yep.

When I used to run bars decades ago we had signs up saying toilets were for customers use only. The rationale being that people were frequently leaving them in a shit state (literally) and that whilst the same may be true for paying customers, at least they were contributing to business expenses.

Particularly in tourist locations it's a common thing. The Costa in the venture of Bristol operates the same way and there are public loos in several locations nearby, so limiting the onsite ones to customers isn't unreasonable.

A

Forum Mod

East Sussex

If I find myself caught short near Costa I'll be sure not to ask the baristas permission and just go to the loo.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"If I find myself caught short near Costa I'll be sure not to ask the baristas permission and just go to the loo.

"

They have coded door locks.

A

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"If I find myself caught short near Costa I'll be sure not to ask the baristas permission and just go to the loo.

"

I think you have to have a ‘code’ to unlock the door , which you get at point of sale, or something like that.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"More public toilets are needed with attendants are needed"

Councils don't need to spend that money, if everyone goes to Costa though Tom

Chelmsford

Tom has a motto

Go when you can...

Not when you have to ....

Forum Mod

East Sussex

A"

That sort of thing hasn't reached Hastings yet.

Debenhams used to have special lights to deter drug addicts.

A huge corporation excluding people from toilets unless they purchase something from them... hmmm that doesn't sit right with me. I can understand a small independent but Costa!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think you have to have a ‘code’ to unlock the door , which you get at point of sale, or something like that. "

So it would seem.

£400 for a swimming pool sized cup of coffee and you're locked out of the loo.

Chelmsford

Let's be Frank here...

Too many people go in off the street and leave them in a terrible mess....

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

This is hardly new. Toilets for customers use has been the case for years and as more and more public conveniences have closed, this has become the case.

Whether it's right or wrong, it's neither new nor newsworthy!

By *harlieD69Man  over a year ago

Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 28/03/23 11:02:05]

Chelmsford

A

A huge corporation excluding people from toilets unless they purchase something from them... hmmm that doesn't sit right with me. I can understand a small independent but Costa!"

Very few things have reached Hastings...

They still point at aeroplanes in the sky.... And gaze in wonder

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

A huge corporation excluding people from toilets unless they purchase something from them... hmmm that doesn't sit right with me. I can understand a small independent but Costa!"

Problem is that they're a resource, like tables and chairs. It's why they charge more for eating/drinking in than out, because there's a cost to clearing and cleaning the tables, much like the loos. Heath and safety rules mean they have to be checked hourly and maintained, so higher usage levels impact staffing.

Add that if the general public are using them then they're unlikely to be as free and vacant for paying customers.

The size of the business is kind of irrelevant.

A

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"It's a basic human function, and to deny that is degrading and inhumane.

I tend to agree.

If they're concerned about the cost maybe ask for a small fee but I'm pretty sure Costa can afford to allow a few people use their loo.

To be frank the standard of cleanliness in Costa and Starbucks is pretty low so I'd try and avoid them anyway. They are really slow to clear and clean tables so I doubt they're in any hurry with the lavatories "

Loos are usually grim but needing a wheelchair accessible toilet means they're often the only option and of course, I have to use my hands on the push rims and so any piss (or worse) that gets on my tyres goes....... Yes. Fucking grim.

By *hototed54Man  over a year ago

leeds/ morley/tingley/ middleton

Whilst on a day out years ago I took my 4 year old boy into a restaurant and asked if he could use the loo, the woman got very stroppy and announced it’s not a public toilet it’s for paying customers, I explained that he was diabetic and needed to go now but she totally refused, but as we were talking my son peed himself and left a nice puddle on the floor, so I took his hand and left.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

A

A huge corporation excluding people from toilets unless they purchase something from them... hmmm that doesn't sit right with me. I can understand a small independent but Costa!

Very few things have reached Hastings...

They still point at aeroplanes in the sky.... And gaze in wonder"

It's true Tom, we're simple folk down here

It was nearly all over the floor in Costa..

Forum Mod

East Sussex

A

Problem is that they're a resource, like tables and chairs. It's why they charge more for eating/drinking in than out, because there's a cost to clearing and cleaning the tables, much like the loos. Heath and safety rules mean they have to be checked hourly and maintained, so higher usage levels impact staffing.

Add that if the general public are using them then they're unlikely to be as free and vacant for paying customers.

A"

I'd disagree with you there. I'd say size and reputation is very relevant.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

A

"

If a small independent had this policy, someone complained after being refused and it made the local press it could potentially ruin that business.

If a chain like Costa has this policy, someone complains and it makes the press.....it won't be the end of Costa.

A small independent will possibly be the same size, with the same staff and charging the same prices. Bar the name over the door they're much the same so I'm curious why it would be more understanding for an independent to adopt this kind of policy?

A

Coffee shop toilets are not public toilets, they're on private property - by law they can refuse to let anyone who is not a paying customer use their toilets.

Its a bit like knocking on someone's front door and asking to use theirs - literally, they have zero obligation to allow you to use them unless you're a paying customer.

By *hil most chillMan  over a year ago

South East

What newspapers are you reading for you to consider this "all over the news"?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I can see the problem from both sides.

I do use my local Costa toilets without buying anything.

BUT - If it were my coffee shop, I'd like to think that it's no skin off my nose if people use the toilet BUT AGAIN if too many homeless people or families or travellers or football teams or coach trips etc etc used them too often i'd get a fucking cob on .....

The toilets are provided for customers.

They are NOT public toilets.

The problem lies with the council and the vandals and the rest of your community who want to blame businesses who are not there to provide facilities to you ....

Do you go to the Waldorf for a piss ?

King's Crustacean

P.S. Lobby your council.... get some public loos back.

By *iberatedduoCouple  over a year ago

Ashbourne

Really! I’ve not had this experience at our costa. Many a time we’ve been caught short on arrival and dashed to the loos before going to order with no problems. We’re not really regulars either.

King's Crustacean

"This is hardly new. Toilets for customers use has been the case for years and as more and more public conveniences have closed, this has become the case.

Whether it's right or wrong, it's neither new nor newsworthy!

"

I think it is more than newsworthy. Where are people supposed to pee if out ? They get arrested if they do it in public. Are we supposed to not leave the house for more than a few hours ?

I always pee in Wetherspoons ( in the toilets ) when i'm in town they are too busy to notice.

Or Marksies or other large stores where there are restaurants.

But there should be public loos in the street.

I suspect the OP is on another of his 'news' wind-ups.

God only knows where he gets his news from. I Googled it, and it appears to be getting LOADS of coverage in the Bournemouth Echo

Chelmsford

Costa have issued the usual damage limitation saying they are community minded and stores can use their descretion and priority should be given to pregnant ladies and children etc.. no mention of older men who may be in need...

Tom remembers when you put your 2p or 10p in a slot and turned the lock to open the toilet door ...

These Council types have closed many public toilets whether they are Tory or Labour without the likes of Corbyn and his cronies speaking up...

Chelmsford

"I suspect the OP is on another of his 'news' wind-ups.

God only knows where he gets his news from. I Googled it, and it appears to be getting LOADS of coverage in the Bournemouth Echo"

And the Dorset Press Pack ...

Why oh Why do people doubt Tom's news when he clearly has a source for every article...

God only knows where he gets his news from. I Googled it, and it appears to be getting LOADS of coverage in the Bournemouth Echo

Why oh Why do people doubt Tom's news when he clearly has a source for every article..."

I didn't doubt your news, I just doubted whether it was 'all over the news'.

It's hardly making a splash across all the front pages. Some woman not being allowed a piss in Costa isn't going to destroy lives or ruin the economy.

I walked into a pub once, and the man behind the bar said I couldn't use the toilet unless I bought a drink

Forum Mod

East Sussex

A

A

If a small independent had this policy, someone complained after being refused and it made the local press it could potentially ruin that business.

If a chain like Costa has this policy, someone complains and it makes the press.....it won't be the end of Costa.

A small independent will possibly be the same size, with the same staff and charging the same prices. Bar the name over the door they're much the same so I'm curious why it would be more understanding for an independent to adopt this kind of policy?

A"

To my way of thinking they'd be less able to afford the cleaning resources. That's the only real reason.

"I walked into a pub once, and the man behind the bar said I couldn't use the toilet unless I bought a drink "

I used to run a pub, and the amount of people coming in to use the toilets was a joke. Sometimes they'd come in and shit up the wall or throw up all across the sinks & mirrors or throw full beer cans at you.

You know who cleans it up? Yeah, the people serving you drinks.

There are many legitimate reasons why a business doesn't want every Tom, Dick & Sally using their toilets.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I can see the problem from both sides.

BUT - If it were my coffee shop, I'd like to think that it's no skin off my nose if people use the toilet BUT AGAIN if too many homeless people or families or travellers or football teams or coach trips etc etc used them too often i'd get a fucking cob on .....

The problem lies with the council and the vandals and the rest of your community who want to blame businesses who are not there to provide facilities to you ....

Do you go to the Waldorf for a piss ? "

Only if I'm desperate.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

A

A

To my way of thinking they'd be less able to afford the cleaning resources. That's the only real reason. "

I understand that.

But then multiply it across the entire chain and the costs add up.

There's no 'economy of scale' when it comes to checking on and cleaning loos.

Buying coffee beans......definitely.

A

Do you go to the Waldorf for a piss ? "

I used to actually... it was half way between Charing Cross Station and my Dad's office and on cold days I'd pop in on my way there

Chelmsford

Why oh Why do people doubt Tom's news when he clearly has a source for every article...

I didn't doubt your news, I just doubted whether it was 'all over the news'.

It's hardly making a splash across all the front pages. Some woman not being allowed a piss in Costa isn't going to destroy lives or ruin the economy."

Well it's all over the Dorset news along with the story of the jogger who asked a dog walker to control his wild Alsation and got punched in the chest for his efforts....

By *REEPALESTINEMan  over a year ago

derby

Anyone want me to photo shoot their hot wife?

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Anyone want me to photo shoot their hot wife? "

In the costa loos?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Anyone want me to photo shoot their hot wife?

In the costa loos?"

He'd need a code

South Wales

There are loads of outside latrines around our area, though there's nowhere for women to go, I too use wetherspoons etc when I'm out.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

What I take from this is that someone who buys coffee is less likely to leave a lavatory in an unpleasant state.

I wouldn't set foot in a Wetherspoons to use the toilet if you paid me.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Anyone want me to photo shoot their hot wife?

In the costa loos?

He'd need a code "

And the winner of the unrelated random comment of the day award goes to....

A

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

Never mind bordering with Cornwall, this is bordering on insanity, make no mistake about it Tom.

By *oystick-MCRMan  over a year ago

Manchester | London

Folks always said make sure you use the loo before setting off

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I wouldn't set foot in a Wetherspoons to use the toilet if you paid me."

As luck would have it you have to pay them

South Wales

"Folks always said make sure you use the loo before setting off "

Shouldn't really make yourself pee unless you really need to go it's bad for your bladder.

"I wouldn't set foot in a Wetherspoons to use the toilet if you paid me.

As luck would have it you have to pay them "

I rest my case. That horrible ruddy faced bloke Tim Wetherwotsit gets my goat and I won't pay him a dime.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I wouldn't set foot in a Wetherspoons to use the toilet if you paid me.

As luck would have it you have to pay them

I rest my case. That horrible ruddy faced bloke Tim Wetherwotsit gets my goat and I won't pay him a dime."

I think they have their place. My dad goes in for coffee sometimes and says a lot of older people stay for hours refilling their cup and keeping warm

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I can see it both ways really.

I used to think that people should be able to go in and ask to use the toilets.

However, I worked for some years in a charity-run community hall that opened out on to the main big car park in a city with major tourist attractions.

The hall was innundated with people wanting to use the toilets. Sometimes, whole buses of tourists would be queueing up. The toilets would get in a right state sometimes, and the hall’s actual users often had to queue up.

By *iberatedduoCouple  over a year ago

Ashbourne

"I walked into a pub once, and the man behind the bar said I couldn't use the toilet unless I bought a drink "

I can see why they would do that in busy places. From the management’s perspective the facilities are there for the patrons. If all the passim public utilised the facility think of the work load having to keep cleaning.

On those occasions I just get a small soft drink if I’m not stopping out of courtesy.

By *adger BrocMan  over a year ago

Co. Cork

"It's one reason I tend to stay away from Costa..

Can't take the server seriously when they're wearing those wigs.."

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

On the subject of Costa, given that some are unhappy that you have to buy something to use the loos and that public toilets cost around 20p (from memory) per piss......

Here's my top tip for the day.

1. Sign up to the costa app where you get a virtual bean for every purchase.

2. Buy a 'babycino' or 'chocolate babycino' for 40p. Two of the chocolate ones actually equates to a medium hot chocolate.

3. You'll get a bean for every 40p spend and you'll be able to use the loo.

4. For every 8 beans you get a free drink. 8x40p = £3.20. That's cheaper than some of the large drinks on the menu.

So effectively you're getting free drinks and you're able to use the loo each time.

Winner winner!

A

*Don't tell Martin Lewis this as if it ends up on moneysavingexpert Costa will close the loophole.....

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

Did the barrister apply the word of the law?

By *abasaurus RexMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I have zero issue with it, though would prefer if they were able to just charge a pound or less so you don’t have to buy something you don’t want. At the end of the day they pay business rates, rent etc and are a private entity with no obligation to the general public.

Having said that.. Would I charge if it were my business? No.

King's Crustacean

I used to actually... it was half way between Charing Cross Station and my Dad's office and on cold days I'd pop in on my way there"

I am not talking the Waldorf Kebab House Posh .. !

Describe the foyer and location of the ladies rest room ...... C'mon

King's Crustacean

"A lady from Devon which actually borders Cornwall was caught short and tried to use the toilet in a Costa coffee shop. They were locked and she was told that she had to buy something to get the code to unlock the toilets. She asked to use the toilet first then she said she would buy something. The barrister refused and she left and found somewhere else. What's going on here guys. ? It's all over the news Did the barrister apply the word of the lord? "

If God says no ...it's no.

By *ungBlackTopMan  over a year ago

salford

Why do people use public toilets? They're stinking petri dishes.

King's Crustacean

"Why do people use public toilets? They're stinking petri dishes."

I think because bladders and rectums have reached capacity and they want to avoid overload.

By *ooBulMan  over a year ago

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

Tom, do they employ barristers in Costa Shops now?

Going for a pee or a pooh is an offence now.....?

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Why do people use public toilets? They're stinking petri dishes."

Yeah....

Much easier to never leave you're own home. So long as you're able to tie a knot in it and have a cork handy to stop the escape of a turtles head...

A

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

If I'm in a town with a McDonald's I go in there or Costa or anywhere really. Never come across anywhere with a code on the door.

By *an hjCouple  over a year ago

Stowmarket

Just imagine that you have opened a small cafe, you get streams of people through the door, takings are £0, toilets need cleaning, and loo paper replenished though.

Dorchester

"A lady from Devon which actually borders Cornwall was caught short and tried to use the toilet in a Costa coffee shop. They were locked and she was told that she had to buy something to get the code to unlock the toilets. She asked to use the toilet first then she said she would buy something. The barrister refused and she left and found somewhere else. What's going on here guys. ? It's all over the news Did the barrister apply the word of the lord?

If God says no ...it's no."

another reason not to go to Dubai

I used to actually... it was half way between Charing Cross Station and my Dad's office and on cold days I'd pop in on my way there

I am not talking the Waldorf Kebab House Posh .. !

Describe the foyer and location of the ladies rest room ...... C'mon "

Jeez Granny! I was a pre teen and a teenager! I can't remember what my own toilet room looks like and I was only in there a few hours back...

I vaguely recall marble, wood, and the bogs were off to the left round a corner.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

The lavs in The ivy Covent Garden are worth the exorbitant prices. Also The Ivy Asia in Brighton

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

If you've ever had the misfortune to clean "public" toilets you'd understand why some businesses refuse or ask for a purchase at least.

Some people have difficulty aiming their piss (or worse) in the toilet, or putting toilet roll in the right place or put nappies etc in the wrong place.

Would you want to clear that up ,all day, for free?

By *tsJustKateWoman  over a year ago

London

"I'm surprised to be honest, we're in a first world country where using the toilet should be a human right. I don't get why business owners are so precious about people having to buy something before they can have their human right? "

Using someone else's toilet isn't a Human Right!!!

Dorchester

"I'm surprised to be honest, we're in a first world country where using the toilet should be a human right. I don't get why business owners are so precious about people having to buy something before they can have their human right?

"

It is now please have a sign put up pointing toward your house ' Toilets this way'

Chelmsford

Let Tom break it gently like wind.. shitting in someone else's wood is not a human right

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I used a public lavatory today. It was absolutely disgusting, one cubicle was unusable for hygiene reasons and the others were not nice. There was an elderly lady in there with her dog who just kept saying "they wouldn't do this in their own house".

I think that just about sums it up

It’s all over the loos?

Chelmsford

"I used a public lavatory today. It was absolutely disgusting, one cubicle was unusable for hygiene reasons and the others were not nice. There was an elderly lady in there with her dog who just kept saying "they wouldn't do this in their own house".

I think that just about sums it up"

Why are dogs allowed in public loos. Now that is disgusting..

Derby

"I'm surprised to be honest, we're in a first world country where using the toilet should be a human right. I don't get why business owners are so precious about people having to buy something before they can have their human right?

"

As a business, are they open to the public? If the toilet is open to customers, then there's no reason it can't be open to others too.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"P.S. Lobby your council.... get some public loos back. "

It ain't going to happen.

Councils are increasingly closing public toilets and encouraging the change to 'community toilets' located in businesses like Costa.

How the hell this is going to work when so many of the toilet users, customers or otherwise, are filthy animals, goodness knows.

Providing such facilities is a lot to ask of businesses unless they get an adjustment to their rates in recompense for the inconvenience suffered.

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

I thought this post was about the price of new bathrooms.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I used a public lavatory today. It was absolutely disgusting, one cubicle was unusable for hygiene reasons and the others were not nice. There was an elderly lady in there with her dog who just kept saying "they wouldn't do this in their own house".

Why are dogs allowed in public loos. Now that is disgusting.."

Tom apart from the lady and me the dog was the cleanest thing in there

By *oystick-MCRMan  over a year ago

Manchester | London

"Folks always said make sure you use the loo before setting off

Shouldn't really make yourself pee unless you really need to go it's bad for your bladder."

They also said common sense isn’t common

North West

"I thought this post was about the price of new bathrooms."

New bathrooms are quite dear

North West

I think that just about sums it up"

I used a Starbucks one today (as a customer ) and it was actually very clean!

Chelmsford

I used a Starbucks one today (as a customer ) and it was actually very clean!"

Not you again ..

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

Our local McDonald's is like that. McDonald's!?

North West

Not you again .."

Yes, meeeeeeeeeeee. I'm sorry if I did a wee on your thread

Chelmsford

Not you again ..

Yes, meeeeeeeeeeee. I'm sorry if I did a wee on your thread "

That's not unusual..

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

when I was at college I had a parttime cleaning a factory and that included the toilets

You've never seen anything like it. I wanted to cry as once I'd cleaned them they where shit up again

By *tsJustKateWoman  over a year ago

London

As a business, are they open to the public? If the toilet is open to customers, then there's no reason it can't be open to others too."

No reason at all but not a right!

Derby

As a business, are they open to the public? If the toilet is open to customers, then there's no reason it can't be open to others too.

No reason at all but not a right!"

I bet you'd be the kind of teacher to tell the kid they should've gone at lunch...

North West

No reason at all but not a right!"

Lots of people have bladder and bowel problems and who cannot wait long periods without a toilet. I'm one of them. The provision of public toilets by local councils has plummeted, reducing to zero in some places. It's not reasonable to expect people to only pee and poo at home and still participate in society.

Chelmsford

Lots of people have bladder and bowel problems and who cannot wait long periods without a toilet. I'm one of them. The provision of public toilets by local councils has plummeted, reducing to zero in some places. It's not reasonable to expect people to only pee and poo at home and still participate in society. "

And it's not reaonabld to expect private houses and businesses to accommodate your needs ....voluntary ok...

Expectation no.

North West

Lots of people have bladder and bowel problems and who cannot wait long periods without a toilet. I'm one of them. The provision of public toilets by local councils has plummeted, reducing to zero in some places. It's not reasonable to expect people to only pee and poo at home and still participate in society.

And it's not reaonabld to expect private houses and businesses to accommodate your needs ....voluntary ok...

Expectation no.

"

It is my expectation that local councils revert to providing them

North West

And also private businesses are still bound by the Equality Act, so anything covered under that, businesses would struggle to refuse

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Is there a corporate responsibility to the community it operates in? I thought there was a move towards that.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

Chichester

Lots of people have bladder and bowel problems and who cannot wait long periods without a toilet. I'm one of them. The provision of public toilets by local councils has plummeted, reducing to zero in some places. It's not reasonable to expect people to only pee and poo at home and still participate in society. "

I have seen people just piss on the floor in London in some places if denied access to a toilet , even when they have said they have a disability with bladder ...

North West

I have seen people just piss on the floor in London in some places if denied access to a toilet , even when they have said they have a disability with bladder ..."

Well, once I've progressed to the point of needing to self cath all the time, and not just at night, I could do that anywhere. I'll be nice and bring the ones with the piss collection bags attached though

Chelmsford

"And also private businesses are still bound by the Equality Act, so anything covered under that, businesses would struggle to refuse "

Tell that to the Barrister..

Pay for a coffee like anyone else.. then you get the code..

North West

"And also private businesses are still bound by the Equality Act, so anything covered under that, businesses would struggle to refuse

Pay for a coffee like anyone else.. then you get the code.."

Yes, I will tell it to a barrister, the Equality Act. I don't need a code because I have a magic key

Chelmsford

"And also private businesses are still bound by the Equality Act, so anything covered under that, businesses would struggle to refuse

Yes, I will tell it to a barrister, the Equality Act. I don't need a code because I have a magic key "

Well fight that one out after you have pissed yourself..

Derby

Pay for a coffee like anyone else.. then you get the code.."

Barista Tom, good God, it's a barista!

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Tom

You won't believe this but the exact same thing happened to me.

I couldn't wait, was bursting, so bought a latte, got the code, ran into the cubicle, downed the coffee and pissed in the empty cup.

On the way to the door I kindly asked the lady on the counter who served me if she could just throw the cup in the bin for me.

No problem she said....

North West

Yes, I will tell it to a barrister, the Equality Act. I don't need a code because I have a magic key

"

I think I'll piss on your chips, if it's all the same. Goodnight!

Northampton

"

Honestly, I'd gladly piss myself.

Can you honestly not think of someone - bearing in mind the Equality Act - who might need to get to the toilets immediately?

Northampton

Barista Tom, good God, it's a barista!"

Tbf, if that wasn't in the news, some people might not have read it! ??

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

In my experience you only need a key for a shop toilet in rough neighbourhoods because bagheads used said toilet to smack their bitch up.

The mr

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

"Anyone want me to photo shoot their hot wife? "

Unless you are intending on photographing her in Costa toilets, you may be on the wrong thread.

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"A lady from Devon which actually borders Cornwall was caught short and tried to use the toilet in a Costa coffee shop. They were locked and she was told that she had to buy something to get the code to unlock the toilets. She asked to use the toilet first then she said she would buy something. The barrister refused and she left and found somewhere else. What's going on here guys. ? It's all over the news

Tom

I couldn't wait, was bursting, so bought a latte, got the code, ran into the cubicle, downed the coffee and pissed in the empty cup.

On the way to the door I kindly asked the lady on the counter who served me if she could just throw the cup in the bin for me.

No problem she said.... "

I've no idea ofvthisvis trie or am attempt at humour but it's vile regardless

Chelmsford

Or vial even ?

Bexley

"Or vial even ?"

Sounds viable!

By *opman121Man  over a year ago

stoke on trent

Mac Donald s do the same down south but it’s easy u just ask the person when they come out lol

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Mac Donald s do the same down south but it’s easy u just ask the person when they come out lol "

Do they. I admit I haven't been in the McDonald's near here for a very long time.

By *d59michelleTV/TS  over a year ago

walsall

"If I'm in a town with a McDonald's I go in there or Costa or anywhere really. Never come across anywhere with a code on the door.

"

Pub outside Euston station had one a few years ago

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"A lady from Devon which actually borders Cornwall was caught short and tried to use the toilet in a Costa coffee shop. They were locked and she was told that she had to buy something to get the code to unlock the toilets. She asked to use the toilet first then she said she would buy something. The barrister refused and she left and found somewhere else. What's going on here guys. ? It's all over the news

Tom

No problem she said....

I've no idea ofvthisvis trie or am attempt at humour but it's vile regardless "

Hahaha

John from your quote think you better stay away from the sherry....

By *rtic explorerMan  over a year ago

ring road bristol

Shame on Coca Cola,

Chelmsford

Tom thinks that there should be more public toilets or just use a hedge

"Tom thinks that there should be more public toilets or just use a hedge "

Or a tree.

It’s all over the Yews?

Chelmsford

"Tom thinks that there should be more public toilets or just use a hedge

Or a tree.

It’s all over the Yews? "

Quick and clever

Bexley

Or a tree.

It’s all over the Yews? "

It is, in the woods at Eureka (When anyone goes there any more).

Chelmsford

Or a tree.

It’s all over the Yews?

It is, in the woods at Eureka (When anyone goes there any more)."

Has it taken a dip?

» Add a new message to this topic