FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Organised Group Socials

Organised Group Socials

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *BootyfulDay OP   Woman  over a year ago

I love going to socials! I find them utterly terrifying but the excitement before them, planning on what you’re wearing, seeing folk you’ve been chatting to online, meeting new faces and of course the flirting

I’m a nosy nelly so, do you go to any of the organised socials? Have you got any booked in for this year already? I treat them as weekends away for the ones outwith Aberdeen and have enjoyed seeing how different they can be, but still so fun!

I guess this is more of me finding out about different ones I’ve not heard of /been to as I’m terrible at keeping up with the meet/events threads hehe

Not sure if allowed on the forums but let’s hear which ones you’d recommend and are heading to next month I’m going to the Manchester ones but that’s all I’m officially booked in (for now)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ookie46Woman  over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

I do love a social and I’m like you that I travel all over the country for them

So far this year I’ve been to the central North London one in January, a social at a club in the North East and I have Leeds booked for May. I’ll be heading to Manchester for the MCR social in August

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I love going to socials! I find them utterly terrifying but the excitement before them, planning on what you’re wearing, seeing folk you’ve been chatting to online, meeting new faces and of course the flirting

I’m a nosy nelly so, do you go to any of the organised socials? Have you got any booked in for this year already? I treat them as weekends away for the ones outwith Aberdeen and have enjoyed seeing how different they can be, but still so fun!

I guess this is more of me finding out about different ones I’ve not heard of /been to as I’m terrible at keeping up with the meet/events threads hehe

Not sure if allowed on the forums but let’s hear which ones you’d recommend and are heading to next month I’m going to the Manchester ones but that’s all I’m officially booked in (for now) "

There's a great one in Northampton

"I do love a social and I’m like you that I travel all over the country for them

So far this year I’ve been to the central North London one in January, a social at a club in the North East and I have Leeds booked for May. I’ll be heading to Manchester for the MCR social in August "

Holy moly sunshine!

I thought I was a traveller hehe tbh so far I’ve only been to the local ones but excited to see you in Manchester for tequila

I have heard folk speaking about the Leeds one….may have to check it out as actually someone at work keeps talking about how amazing Leeds is in general and I’ve never been!

I try and go down to London on occasion so I need to try and plan a trip around a cheeky social

"I love going to socials! I find them utterly terrifying but the excitement before them, planning on what you’re wearing, seeing folk you’ve been chatting to online, meeting new faces and of course the flirting

Not sure if allowed on the forums but let’s hear which ones you’d recommend and are heading to next month I’m going to the Manchester ones but that’s all I’m officially booked in (for now)

There's a great one in Northampton "

So I’ve heard…..though the organiser apparently is a bit of a silly sausage, not sure if that’s true hehe it is on my list of places to tick off as yes I’ve heard only good things about your social! You must be doing something right or at least bribing folk well

Deepest darkest Peru

This is on my list to get too

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We do love a social, we used to run one for the mid Sussex area but oh my goodness the time and stress it took and we couldn't really enjoy ourselves so much so stopped doing it x

We went to the Leeds social in January and it was really good! A bit too full for the small venue which made it difficult to mingle and that intimidated us a bit but we still had a great time

We went with a couple we’d been chatting to on here and they said it’s not normally as packed out so we may give it another go some time. Loved the club after party more if we’re being honest

By *ubikslongswordMan  over a year ago

East Grinstead

I very much like the London/Surrey social at abfabs

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

Hey Op!

So far this year I'm attending a UtB one, with a friend if they can get the time off work, the Manchester one in April and in July, possibly Leeds as a lovely couple have invited me along and I love Leeds.

By next week I'll hopefully know a bit more about what's going on so I'm also hoping to add a London social to the list - a weekend down there is long overdue and I have some friends/whatevers I really want to reconnect with. Finally meet.

I love weekends away! The whole packing, exploring a new city, meeting new people. Staying in a lovely hotel, the breakfast and debrief the following morning.

I'm going to try and branch out a bit more this year so this thread is great for suggestions, thank you! x

This is on my list to get too "

Grumpy I’ll happily take commission for everyone who attends your next one from this thread

"We do love a social, we used to run one for the mid Sussex area but oh my goodness the time and stress it took and we couldn't really enjoy ourselves so much so stopped doing it x"

Oh wow I can’t imagine! I love organising things but I think I would be in over my head with a big fab party

Den of Iniquity

This is on my list to get too

Grumpy I’ll happily take commission for everyone who attends your next one from this thread "

I'll pay you in Tequila if you attend How's that

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Been to a few one in Hastings one in East Grinstead and more local pineapple club one couple of times all very small ones but interesting to meet new people and people been chatting to from here x

Den of Iniquity

This is on my list to get too "

Yay

By *ondonSurreySocialsWoman  over a year ago

Surrey

Love a good social x Best way to meet people

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I go to London and Northampton regularly, Manchester was a blast, but that will wait till next year.

Would love to do a upthebrum but the dates unfortunately don't work for me this year

Have got a few new ones booked in to try In Bedford and Derby which look fun

"I go to London and Northampton regularly, Manchester was a blast, but that will wait till next year.

Would love to do a upthebrum but the dates unfortunately don't work for me this year

Have got a few new ones booked in to try In Bedford and Derby which look fun "

Ah Bedford! I was meant to attend the last, you've reminded me to hotlist their profile so I can hopefully attend the next. I've heard really good things about it.

"We went to the Leeds social in January and it was really good! A bit too full for the small venue which made it difficult to mingle and that intimidated us a bit but we still had a great time

We went with a couple we’d been chatting to on here and they said it’s not normally as packed out so we may give it another go some time. Loved the club after party more if we’re being honest "

Aww well I hope you give it another chance and you have a better experience! Especially if it’s normally quite well balanced it’s so hard though isn’t it as I guess if the venue is too big then it feels too empty and quiet doesn’t it!

Love a social, only been to 2, utb and lichvegas, really opens up a whole new side to fab that I'd not experienced before. Next one is booked for May. Met some great ppl who I wouldn't have normally, and made those deeper connections, if it was solely contained to fab.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I’ve only been to the Manchester and Birmingham ones and both were good.

I think a lot depends who you go with or hookup with , the weekend can go anywhere can’t it.

I think generally I prefer Manchester , the night we all hung out in Yates onFriday then went to Cruz 101 on Saturday is still my all time favourite group social

"I very much like the London/Surrey social at abfabs"

Ooooo I’ve heard of a fab before! I need to get down south more

By *ong-leggedblondWoman  over a year ago

Next Door

I'm quite quiet and shy so struggle with them and get very anxious. I enjoy them once I've got there and calmed myself down.

I've previously done STP, Northampton, Bedford and Manchester.

This year I'm off to Manchester next month and looking at Leeds

Later in the year, I'm hoping to attend North London and hopefully Northampton if they run

Dubai & Nottingham

Oh and no more planned unfortunately

Maybe I’ll host one in Dubai

"Hey Op!

So far this year I'm attending a UtB one, with a friend if they can get the time off work, the Manchester one in April and in July, possibly Leeds as a lovely couple have invited me along and I love Leeds.

By next week I'll hopefully know a bit more about what's going on so I'm also hoping to add a London social to the list - a weekend down there is long overdue and I have some friends/whatevers I really want to reconnect with. Finally meet.

I love weekends away! The whole packing, exploring a new city, meeting new people. Staying in a lovely hotel, the breakfast and debrief the following morning.

I'm going to try and branch out a bit more this year so this thread is great for suggestions, thank you! x"

Oooooo I might end up seeing which utb one you’re going to as I wanna go to one and may bring a friend from Aberdeen though it may now seem like I’m stalking you

I know I’ll be doing the same, this thread was really just for selfish reasons as I was trying to find some sort of calendar of all the socials so I could try and plan my social life

"Hey Op!

I'm going to try and branch out a bit more this year so this thread is great for suggestions, thank you! x

Oooooo I might end up seeing which utb one you’re going to as I wanna go to one and may bring a friend from Aberdeen though it may now seem like I’m stalking you

I know I’ll be doing the same, this thread was really just for selfish reasons as I was trying to find some sort of calendar of all the socials so I could try and plan my social life "

Ha, it might seem like you're stalking me from an outsider point of view. I'm flattered though.

I'll finally reply to your message and discuss it there so you can stalk away to your heart's content. It's a bit daft but I'm already nervously excited whenever I talk about it.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

We love socials!! We’ve been to the old MLS & Brum socials, new Manchester, UpTheBrum, Lichfield, Shrewsbury & Whitchurch

J x

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I do love a social and I’m like you that I travel all over the country for them"

"I love weekends away! The whole packing, exploring a new city, meeting new people. Staying in a lovely hotel, the breakfast and debrief the following morning."

"I try and go down to London on occasion so I need to try and plan a trip around a cheeky social "

Yes! All of these things.

I popped my cherry this year with a weekend in London around a Fab social and had the most marvellous time.

I want to do more of that.

A weekend away. Enjoying a different city during the day and meeting Fab people at night. It’s a wonderful thing to do. And like you, Meli, I like to make it a bit of a treat for myself - a nice hotel, a decent restaurant, all that good stuff.

I’m not such a fan of local socials but I’m booked in for the big Glasgow one in June, to give that a try.

"We went to the Leeds social in January and it was really good! A bit too full for the small venue which made it difficult to mingle and that intimidated us a bit but we still had a great time

We went with a couple we’d been chatting to on here and they said it’s not normally as packed out so we may give it another go some time. Loved the club after party more if we’re being honest "

I'm going to the Leeds one in May. They've booked a bigger venue this time so hopefully plenty of room. Quite a good number going already

Attended my first one almost 2 weeks back . It was the Surrey social at Ab fabs. It was a total

blast. I’m quite an introvert but enjoyed it far more than I could have imagined. I took a female friend which helped my situation. Nice to have some company.

Also the deal was too good to be true. We would had to pay £85 normally (2 x annual joining fee of £25 and £35 entry). But for the social event the joining fee was waived and entry price was halved so joined and got in for £17.

To top it all off we stayed past the social and attended the party. Were much fun was had.

So it’s fair so say my experience of socials is win win win !!!

"Love a good social x Best way to meet people"

I totally agree! I’m so bad at messaging on here but I’m person you can just get a much better feeling

By *r SproutMan  over a year ago

the middle somewhere

I’ve been to the Northampton and Upthebrum socials. They are always great nights. I don’t get nervous about them now but I did for my first one.

I fully recommend going to one if there is one in your area

Dubai & Nottingham

We went with a couple we’d been chatting to on here and they said it’s not normally as packed out so we may give it another go some time. Loved the club after party more if we’re being honest

I'm going to the Leeds one in May. They've booked a bigger venue this time so hopefully plenty of room. Quite a good number going already "

Leeds is a great city for a night out and the swingers club there is one of the best and busiest I’ve been to. I can imagine the Leeds socials are pretty awesome

"I go to London and Northampton regularly, Manchester was a blast, but that will wait till next year.

Have got a few new ones booked in to try In Bedford and Derby which look fun "

Oh no! You’re not making Manchester? I’m having a look at the utb dates soon to see which one to do

I didn’t realise there were ones in Bedford and derby….will have to have a sneaky look at those ones hehe

"I want to do more of that.

A weekend away. Enjoying a different city during the day and meeting Fab people at night. It’s a wonderful thing to do. And like you, Meli, I like to make it a bit of a treat for myself - a nice hotel, a decent restaurant, all that good stuff.

"

Yes, treat yo'self! My friend sent me a link to a hotel he really wants to try out last night - in some rooms there are walk in hot tubs, all boudoir/eccentric decor. If I can combine that date with a social I'll be a very happy woman.

Attending a social and mainly thinking about the hotel is normal, right?

By *nnandElleCouple  over a year ago

Brackley

Blimey, it's pretty rare to have the words "great" and "Northampton" in the same sentence...

"Love a social, only been to 2, utb and lichvegas, really opens up a whole new side to fab that I'd not experienced before. Next one is booked for May. Met some great ppl who I wouldn't have normally, and made those deeper connections, if it was solely contained to fab."

Yes! This is why I love them! Even folk that I only see at a social once a year I end up just connecting with them again!

I did see and hear about the lichvegas one, really want to go one time

Deepest darkest Peru

The Lincoln social always gets excellent reviews so that’s another one I’m hoping to attend

"I’ve only been to the Manchester and Birmingham ones and both were good.

I think a lot depends who you go with or hookup with , the weekend can go anywhere can’t it.

I think generally I prefer Manchester , the night we all hung out in Yates onFriday then went to Cruz 101 on Saturday is still my all time favourite group social "

Yes that’s true, all my experiences have been so varied which I like!

Hehe I have foggy memories of that night though I did have a really good time lots of dancing and far too much tequila

By *ehindHerEyesCouple  over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

We do Northampton regularly, think I've only missed the recent one, have attended Manchester solo and together and I went to the Bedford social a couple of weeks back solo and it was a blast. North London is on the list to attended as well among others.

It's nice to put faces to names and see how that person is in the flesh, it's also nice to catch up with people you've met before

Tinder xx

By *eviants In DefianceCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

We've not been to many and with time being in short supply to travel far we decided to organise one for 20th May in Tunbridge Wells (Kent). Shall see how it goes and keep pinkies crossed.

Glasgow

"I’m so bad at messaging on here …"

Lies! Fabrications! Untruths!

By *rivervaderMan  over a year ago

bolton

I’m booked on the Manchester social but not sure if I can get there as I may be going to a club meet

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

I love the socials I find it so much easier chatting to people at face value than online, we've met some great people, we have the Leeds social booked in May I'm looking forward to it.

Mrs

Den of Iniquity

"We've not been to many and with time being in short supply to travel far we decided to organise one for 20th May in Tunbridge Wells (Kent). Shall see how it goes and keep pinkies crossed."

This is interesting

"We've not been to many and with time being in short supply to travel far we decided to organise one for 20th May in Tunbridge Wells (Kent). Shall see how it goes and keep pinkies crossed."

Ooh hello

In a Sparkly Dress

Ah Bedford! I was meant to attend the last, you've reminded me to hotlist their profile so I can hopefully attend the next. I've heard really good things about it. "

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

I've only been to Newport one a few times, it's definitely a bit nerve racking as a single guy. Went there with company one time and was a different experience as lots of people approached us.

I do plan on attending more soon, just don't know when as works out expensive with travel, hotel and drinks.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

We love group socials we attend as many as we can in wales And we are of to Swindon on Saturday for their social then onto the club.

I was at one last weekend. A lovely intimate gathering of quote a few people I’d been aware of for a while so that was wondering finaly meet them.

I think they’re wonderful for and the reason a talked about and arranged the MLS in Manchester and looking forward to that.

I’d love there to be more around, why wouldn’t we all be getting together and meeting up with people?

Look forward to bumping into you op.

Maidstone

[Removed by poster at 29/03/23 09:08:07]

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

So I’ve heard…..though the organiser apparently is a bit of a silly sausage, not sure if that’s true hehe it is on my list of places to tick off as yes I’ve heard only good things about your social! You must be doing something right or at least bribing folk well "

It's me, I spread lies about how amazing it is so more people come, usually just to see Grumpy fall over at the end of the night!

Maidstone

"We've not been to many and with time being in short supply to travel far we decided to organise one for 20th May in Tunbridge Wells (Kent). Shall see how it goes and keep pinkies crossed.

Ooh hello "

We'd love to have you join us

Feel free to contact us xx

E&P

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We used to go to organised socials and enjoyed them very much. There was a Sussex social a Hastings and an Eastbourne one, not sure if they're still going.

I feel we're a bit out of people's age range now

Den of Iniquity

So I’ve heard…..though the organiser apparently is a bit of a silly sausage, not sure if that’s true hehe it is on my list of places to tick off as yes I’ve heard only good things about your social! You must be doing something right or at least bribing folk well

It's me, I spread lies about how amazing it is so more people come, usually just to see Grumpy fall over at the end of the night! "

Knew you couldn't help yourself

Maidstone

"We used to go to organised socials and enjoyed them very much. There was a Sussex social a Hastings and an Eastbourne one, not sure if they're still going.

I feel we're a bit out of people's age range now "

You might be (or might not), but a social is a social and you're a long time dead so keep enjoying them and ya never know

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"We used to go to organised socials and enjoyed them very much. There was a Sussex social a Hastings and an Eastbourne one, not sure if they're still going.

I feel we're a bit out of people's age range now

You might be (or might not), but a social is a social and you're a long time dead so keep enjoying them and ya never know "

very true.

the middle somewhere

It's me, I spread lies about how amazing it is so more people come, usually just to see Grumpy fall over at the end of the night! "

Or walk into trees

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

It's me, I spread lies about how amazing it is so more people come, usually just to see Grumpy fall over at the end of the night! .

Or walk into trees "

Or fall off kerbs

the middle somewhere

"Or walk into trees

Or fall off kerbs "

I see a reoccurring theme here

the middle somewhere

Oh I’m going the Birmingham social in May and August OP. I forgot to put that in my first post

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I've greatly enjoyed them in the past and attended several throughout the UK. It was great for networking and meeting new people, many of whom a bit more up close and personal

If the social had many forum users attending it was always interesting to actually see them in person and if they matched or exceeded your expectations.

I treat them with trepidation, one I went to ended in a dodgy fashion, and I deleted fabs the next day!

However, the one in June, in Manchester, with the Illustrious Woody B Woodson of Woodville is likely to be epic.

Glasgow

"However, the one in June, in Manchester, with the Illustrious Woody B Woodson of Woodville is likely to be epic. "

I think it is. Wish I was going to that one.

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

I think organised large socials are brilliant and probably one of the reasons I’m still here.

There are some excellent ones in London with the STP, CNL and LB/Bank socials being a particular stand out.

I’m taking my social appearances National next month though when I show my face at the MCR pre social and social

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

"I treat them with trepidation, one I went to ended in a dodgy fashion, and I deleted fabs the next day!

However, the one in June, in Manchester, with the Illustrious Woody B Woodson of Woodville is likely to be epic. "

I wanted to go but I can't really afford it at the moment

Den of Iniquity

"Or walk into trees

Or fall off kerbs

I see a reoccurring theme here "

Yeah stuff gets in my way

By *hegirlwiththepeachtattooWoman  over a year ago

I wish there were more organised socials near me. I don’t have the time/spoons to arrange one myself, and the only one I know of nearby is one where they select attendees based on their perceived attractiveness, and that side of the scene isn’t my cup of tea at all. I’m always on the lookout for inclusive group socials in the northwest.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I wish there were more organised socials near me. I don’t have the time/spoons to arrange one myself, and the only one I know of nearby is one where they select attendees based on their perceived attractiveness, and that side of the scene isn’t my cup of tea at all. I’m always on the lookout for inclusive group socials in the northwest. "

I understand a quick check to make sure a profile is active, but when it gets to the stage of vetting and filtering attendees, that's where the accusations of cliques begin. The closest one to us is for couples and single women only. Hence we never go.

A

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

They're okay, good for satisfying curiosity about people and meeting new people, but I'm not overly enthusiastic about them due to past experiences (nothing to do with the socials themselves, more the behaviour of individuals attending). As a couple looking for couples, it makes it a lot easier to meet people in person to gague attraction for all parties.

I enjoyed the Lincoln and Leeds ones more than others that we've attended.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I've been to the first 3 MCR Socials, missed Christmas due to an untimely grandparent death

Hoping to get to the same next month, and I think friends are planning to get me along to UTB at some point.

Allegedly there is a "Grumpy falls over" event in Northampton that I need to go to as well.

But I find the whole thing absolutely terrifying, more so since I missed MCR in December, weirdly.

By *iss FuegoWoman  over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat

Been to a few in London and always enjoy them. Venturing to Manchester in June but this thread has given me food for thought as I never really contemplated looking at socials further afield and making a weekend of it

"We've not been to many and with time being in short supply to travel far we decided to organise one for 20th May in Tunbridge Wells (Kent). Shall see how it goes and keep pinkies crossed.

Ooh hello

We'd love to have you join us

Feel free to contact us xx

E&P"

Aw thank you so much I will do!

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

I'm still relatively new to the group social. I've done a couple of the CNLs, and one in Fleet, which have been great.

Have only "weekendered" to one and made it to Manchester last Summer (good fun, but also met my nemesis) but keen to get myself more organised and make it to more outside of London...

In a Sparkly Dress

Oh no! You’re not making Manchester? I’m having a look at the utb dates soon to see which one to do

I didn’t realise there were ones in Bedford and derby….will have to have a sneaky look at those ones hehe "

Alas No

I want to add lichvegas and notts social (purple mamba)to the list as well depending on dates

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Your internet

I was booked in for the Grumpy Northampton Social Spectacular and the Bedford one, but hadn’t moved down from cumbria in time.

My next one is the biggun - MLS in June - and, while I’m really looking forward to it and meeting all you filthy perverts, I’m also shitting myself!

Lots of pressure (from me) to be fascinating and pretty and I rarely feel either

Would love to attend more in the sarf.

Your internet

"I'm still relatively new to the group social. I've done a couple of the CNLs, and one in Fleet, which have been great.

Have only "weekendered" to one and made it to Manchester last Summer (good fun, but also met my nemesis) but keen to get myself more organised and make it to more outside of London..."

YOLO - there’s one in Fleet in Hampshire? My old stomping ground so I’d love to go to that one!

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

"I'm still relatively new to the group social. I've done a couple of the CNLs, and one in Fleet, which have been great.

Have only "weekendered" to one and made it to Manchester last Summer (good fun, but also met my nemesis) but keen to get myself more organised and make it to more outside of London...

YOLO - there’s one in Fleet in Hampshire? My old stomping ground so I’d love to go to that one!"

Yep! Look up 'Hampshire's Most Wanted'...

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

I’ve only ever done the London ones… CNL, London Bridge, AbFabs Surrey plus went to the first Hampshire’s most wanted in Fleet.

Never done a long distance one, the Manchester and UptheBrum ones sound good from speaking to people.

Your internet

YOLO - there’s one in Fleet in Hampshire? My old stomping ground so I’d love to go to that one!

Yep! Look up 'Hampshire's Most Wanted'..."

Thanks, pal. I’m on it!

By * Le ShhhhhMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Been to a few in Manchester and Notts, also been to Northampton. Hoping to get to UTB next

By *ittlebirdWoman  over a year ago

The Big Smoke

I can’t wait to go to some of them OP. Flirting and chatting is my second favourite activity

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

Love a good group social, especially if you've been chatting to some attendees beforehand so it's like meeting up with friends when you do see each other. My first one was in Nottingham where I knew no one but still had a great time talking to different people who were so open to conversations but last year's was where it really took off by going to the Manchester socials and one in Lincoln as well.

This year, I'm going to a couple of Manchester ones and my first Birmingham one and really looking forward to them. You don't have to be flirty or hook up with anyone to have a good time, the fun is in the people you meet

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Corrajelo,Spain, Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

[Removed by poster at 29/03/23 12:44:45]

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Corrajelo,Spain, Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

We really enjoy social events, it's a great way to meet existing friends/playmates and to make new ones. The ones we have been to have always been great successes.

We went to one in January in Durham, we are going to one in our nearest club in the North East next month, the Leeds one in May and hopefully the Manchester one again at some point this year. There will be others too that we will attend this year. They are always great fun get-togethers. We also revel the excuse for a night in a hotel. What's not to love.

By *anasGodMan  over a year ago

everywhere

Hmmm.. I been once at Hull by luck?didn’t know that they had social at a time.

Anyway if any on gimmi a shout or take me with you

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

I've been to a couple of UTB which were fabulous and I've enjoyed the Buxton socials and helped organise last years Stoke Social. Still sorting dates for the next one.

I'm going to the MLS in June and intend to go to a future Lichvegas one, as i had to drop out to to illness previously.

Gotta love a get together of Fun Fab Folk.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple  over a year ago

Manchester-ish

We're going to our first ones this year. The Leeds one in May and the MLS in June. Excited and nervous in equal measure!

J

By *enriette and SamCouple  over a year ago

The Magic whip

We’ve been known to attend the odd group social… very odd indeed

The old mls ones were very good fun and the Birmingham edition back in around 2016’ish was particularly messy

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair, but The Cotswolds this weekend

I mostly attend/have attended the London-based socials such as the Central North London, The City Social, Bank Social, The Secret Tea Party and Flamenco Friends (London).

However, for the first time I shall be venturing further afield to the eponymous Manchester Lounge Social in June. •

By *estarossa.Woman  over a year ago

Flagrante

I went to a load a few years ago, then stopped.

Headed to one in June, fingers crossed.

I find them nerve-wracking!

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

"I mostly attend/have attended the London-based socials such as the Central North London, The City Social, Bank Social, The Secret Tea Party and Flamenco Friends (London).

However, for the first time I shall be venturing further afield to the eponymous Manchester Lounge Social in June. ••"

I thought you weren’t allowed to mention to STP?!

"I mostly attend/have attended the London-based socials such as the Central North London, The City Social, Bank Social, The Secret Tea Party and Flamenco Friends (London).

However, for the first time I shall be venturing further afield to the eponymous Manchester Lounge Social in June. •

I thought you weren’t allowed to mention to STP?! "

Mea culpa!

"I was booked in for the Grumpy Northampton Social Spectacular and the Bedford one, but hadn’t moved down from cumbria in time.

My next one is the biggun - MLS in June - and, while I’m really looking forward to it and meeting all you filthy perverts, I’m also shitting myself!

…."

Top tip. Don’t shit yourself.

Sometimes thoigh, don’t you think we get nerves and excitement mixed up.?

Your internet

"I was booked in for the Grumpy Northampton Social Spectacular and the Bedford one, but hadn’t moved down from cumbria in time.

….

Sometimes thoigh, don’t you think we get nerves and excitement mixed up.? "

*makes mental note not to shit oneself.

Usually, yes, but this will be first social and you lot scare me. Will there be hugs available?

A long time ago I used to organise social events in Edinburgh. We even did one on the beach with a fire eater. They were great fun and I loved chatting to people and making sure no was standing at the bar lonely .

Hung up the social hat for a while after that .

Planning to go to the Glasgow one in June but would like to eventually be brave and come to a lounge one at some point. Making it a weekend away would be great x

By *oding1Man  over a year ago

marlow

How do I get to attend a local social ?

In a Sparkly Dress

….

Sometimes thoigh, don’t you think we get nerves and excitement mixed up.? "

Are you going to bring The Lounge Social on tour Woody, one near Brum/Staffs would be awesome

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

"How do I get to attend a local social ?"

Look in "Swinging Club /Event ads" & "Meet Requests and Parties" sections of the Forum regularly and pop your name on the list. You can look at who the organisers are and contact their profile too.

….

Are you going to bring The Lounge Social on tour Woody, one near Brum/Staffs would be awesome "

@Compy, use your loaf: the "M" in MLS is for Manchester. Tårt.

In a Sparkly Dress

….

Are you going to bring The Lounge Social on tour Woody, one near Brum/Staffs would be awesome

@Compy, use your loaf: the "M" in MLS is for Manchester. Tårt. "

Hence my question Doofus

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 29/03/23 17:04:01]

Glasgow

"@Compy, use your loaf: the "M" in MLS is for Manchester. Tårt. "

It can only go on tour to places beginning with M.

The Midlands. Milton Keynes. Motherwell.

"@Compy, use your loaf: the "M" in MLS is for Manchester. Tårt.

The Midlands. Milton Keynes. Motherwell."

....or Mayfair? Or Monte Carlo?

....or Mayfair? Or Monte Carlo? "

Moss Side or Monton?

In a Sparkly Dress

The Midlands. Milton Keynes. Motherwell."

Brum and Staffs are in the Midlands thank you

Woody can we have a Midlands Lounge Social please

Glasgow

"...or Mayfair? Or Monte Carlo? "

I like the way you think Nero. Let’s meet in Casino Square. La Bar Amèricain does a passable G&T.

"...or Mayfair? Or Monte Carlo?

I like the way you think Nero. Let’s meet in Casino Square. La Bar Amèricain does a passable G&T."

Sounds ideal to me.

Perhaps let's start with fashionable Marylebone High Street. You never know - you may find your next future ex-wife.

Your internet

....or Mayfair? Or Monte Carlo?

Moss Side or Monton? "

Melbourne or Mexico?

Brum and Staffs are in the Midlands thank you

Woody can we have a Midlands Lounge Social please "

Glasgow

"Perhaps let's start with fashionable Marylebone High Street. You never know - you may find your next future ex-wife. "

Might be too local to my actual ex-wife. Don’t want her getting involved.

By *ixieAndHerKingCouple  over a year ago

Debauchery

I've always loved the socials We have done and will travel the country for them, it's where we met some of our closest friends!

We hope ti be visiting Manchester next month, Northampton early summer and fingers crossed for a space at the mls! They'll be more no doubt

A karaoke social in East Grinstead was awesome!

Cherry x

Since I joined fab I think I've been to at least 20 socials, the first few were OK I was shy and quite introverted bit since last summer I've come out of my bubble and i enjoy them a lot more.

I just held my first social this weekend gone and it was a success, going by the messages and veris I've had. Had 68 guests and I loved it, had no stress organising it.

By *andi_mmfCouple  over a year ago

Whitehaven

"We really enjoy social events, it's a great way to meet existing friends/playmates and to make new ones. The ones we have been to have always been great successes.

We went to one in January in Durham, we are going to one in our nearest club in the North East next month, the Leeds one in May and hopefully the Manchester one again at some point this year. There will be others too that we will attend this year. They are always great fun get-togethers. We also revel the excuse for a night in a hotel. What's not to love."

We are in Cumbria, any planned socials near our area?

Who organises, etc? We are newbies and never been to a club as wife is conscious of her body. Mr.

"Perhaps let's start with fashionable Marylebone High Street. You never know - you may find your next future ex-wife.

Might be too local to my actual ex-wife. Don’t want her getting involved. "

Oh, I see.

I need to be more cognisant of the trail of broken hearts that you're leaving across this venerated kingdom.

By *ondonSurreySocialsWoman  over a year ago

Surrey

"Attended my first one almost 2 weeks back . It was the Surrey social at Ab fabs. It was a total

blast. I’m quite an introvert but enjoyed it far more than I could have imagined. I took a female friend which helped my situation. Nice to have some company.

Also the deal was too good to be true. We would had to pay £85 normally (2 x annual joining fee of £25 and £35 entry). But for the social event the joining fee was waived and entry price was halved so joined and got in for £17.

To top it all off we stayed past the social and attended the party. Were much fun was had.

So it’s fair so say my experience of socials is win win win !!!"

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

I'm really hoping to get to some socials this year when I figure out times

"I do love a social and I’m like you that I travel all over the country for them

I try and go down to London on occasion so I need to try and plan a trip around a cheeky social

Yes! All of these things.

I popped my cherry this year with a weekend in London around a Fab social and had the most marvellous time.

I want to do more of that.

I’m not such a fan of local socials but I’m booked in for the big Glasgow one in June, to give that a try. "

ooooooo I am still debating over Glasgow....but I think I need to bite the bullet and get my ticket but yes spending time in a hotel and exploring somewhere new is always fun

"Attended my first one almost 2 weeks back . It was the Surrey social at Ab fabs. It was a total

So it’s fair so say my experience of socials is win win win !!!"

Oh my days that sounds like such a good deal!

Have only "weekendered" to one and made it to Manchester last Summer (good fun, but also met my nemesis) but keen to get myself more organised and make it to more outside of London..."

oooooo the CNL seems so popular! Hoping to visit London more so may have to check out the London ones

Hmmmm sounds like if you met your nemesis you must have done something to cause this

By *orphia2003Woman  over a year ago

Tonypandy.

Just Carmarthen and Bridgend social for me. As I'm reliant on public transport, usually have to get hotel for night.

Will try and do more further afield in conjunction with few clubs this year.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

So far this year I’ve been to the UTB karaoke and I’ve got Manchester in April, the MLS in summer and others through the year that I’m looking at.

I do enjoy a group social and meeting new people, making new friends is the name of the game!

By *ansexualPandaMan  over a year ago

Beds - all sorts of beds ;-)

I've been to two "house parties" so far this year. One was a gay and bi men social, the other a bisexual couples social. They were both organised by a friend and were attended by friends of friends. Both were a hell of a lot of fun.

The guy-only social was incredibly sexy, I've never had so much attention since I was in my 20s. For the bisexual couples social my friend had invited me to be the naked butler, which was very interesting.

» Add a new message to this topic