FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Reflect and Change ?

Reflect and Change ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ranny-Crumpet OP   Woman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

So Tom is rattling on this morning about our corrupt and 'ism' riddled institutions.

But what about you? How come everyone that joins the rant puts themselves on the outside and thinks they are looking in ....

When are YOU on the inside being looked at?

What part of you needs to change to create a better society ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

All of me

I need to be less grumpy

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I know I need to speak up more. I do the writing stiff letters to my MP stuff but I should be somewhere waving a placard I think

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"So Tom is rattling on this morning about our corrupt and 'ism' riddled institutions.

But what about you? How come everyone that joins the rant puts themselves on the outside and thinks they are looking in ....

When are YOU on the inside being looked at?

What part of you needs to change to create a better society ?"

Peace lets smoke the peace pipe and cough our lungs up

King's Crustacean

"I know I need to speak up more. I do the writing stiff letters to my MP stuff but I should be somewhere waving a placard I think "

I think I need to speak up more or more openly - I'm quite selfish in that if something doesn't affect me then I see it as someone else's battle.

I need to be involved for the greater good.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I know I need to speak up more. I do the writing stiff letters to my MP stuff but I should be somewhere waving a placard I think

I think I need to speak up more or more openly - I'm quite selfish in that if something doesn't affect me then I see it as someone else's battle.

I need to be involved for the greater good. "

Yeah, I'm feeling the same.

You know we'll be described as 'feisty' don't you?

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I need to pay more attention to the wider world. Since moving to Devon over a decade ago I've become more involved (now on a less physical and hands on level, more virtual and hermit like but still involved) with local issues and helping our within the community, but the rest... I came to the conclusion that I only have so much bandwidth and for my own mental health I can't deal with things that don't directly affect me and those I love.

So I just stopped watching / reading / listening to the news, and only have a vague idea of what goes on in the world. If I don't know about it, I can't worry about it. I've started getting better though... and not taking on everything as a problem I have to fix. But there is absolutely more I could do.

King's Crustacean

"I know I need to speak up more. I do the writing stiff letters to my MP stuff but I should be somewhere waving a placard I think

I need to be involved for the greater good.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same.

You know we'll be described as 'feisty' don't you? "

Possibly one of my least favourite words feisty ..... grrrrrr

I heard it said on t.v. the other day to a woman and she giggled and said 'yes I am feisty' I could have vommited

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I’m probably a bit selfish. It’s me and mine, then the rest. I don’t have the time to worry about much else. I think I do my bit though in my own way. I support a lot of things through my business etc.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

According to some, I need to reduce my activism against the corruption in the police. Who knew

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

It's pretty pointless writing to anyone or voicing an opinion over here because those in a position to make the changes are the ones doing everything in their power to avoid making any changes.

People power doesn't work either because the majority voted against Brexit here and still had it imposed.

The last time I got involved in issues involving a countrywide institution and nefarious dealings, promises were made by a government dept in regards to slapping wrists which they then chickened out of.

Because of that, I'm done.

» Add a new message to this topic