FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you like the sound of your own voice?

Do you like the sound of your own voice?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ull English with tea OP   Man  over a year ago

London

So I left a voice note happy birthday message for a friend this morning. I don’t ever really use this function on WhatsApp but thought it would be a bit more personal than a text.

I always slightly cringe when I hear my voice played back - is that what I really sound like? Do you feel the same and have a hang up about what you sound like to other people?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

I don't mind my voice, it's always strange hearing it back though

By *Darkhorse69Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

I hate mine

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Nope. And funnily enough whenever I’ve met people and said the old “so was I what you expected?” Most have said your voice isn’t what I expected

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

I like the sound of my voice when it's just me and the dogs singing at home.

Hearing it back on recording or when I speak to other humans is a different after entirely.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I often think I’m talking to myself. …

Port talbot

"Nope. And funnily enough whenever I’ve met people and said the old “so was I what you expected?” Most have said your voice isn’t what I expected "

I've always thought you'd sound like a creepy witch

Paradise, Herts

"Nope. And funnily enough whenever I’ve met people and said the old “so was I what you expected?” Most have said your voice isn’t what I expected

I've always thought you'd sound like a creepy witch "

Mwahahahahahahahahaha

By *usie pTV/TS  over a year ago

taunton

Hell no I hate to hear my voice played back I have no idea that I am that country yokel I hear speaking.

Port talbot

"I like the sound of my voice when it's just me and the dogs singing at home.

Hearing it back on recording or when I speak to other humans is a different after entirely."

Are you and dogs practicing for BGT?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

My voice in my head is entirely different to my recorded voice.

I sound like a female Kenneth Williams to other people and Mariella Frostrup to myself

By *olin CunnilingusMan  over a year ago

Pretty City

No but when I've chatted with women over the phone I've had some good comments about it

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"Nope. And funnily enough whenever I’ve met people and said the old “so was I what you expected?” Most have said your voice isn’t what I expected

I've always thought you'd sound like a creepy witch "

That's mean.

Scary witch is accurate

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Christ no. I absolutely hate it!! I really hope I found different to how I sound when I listen to myself on a voicemail.

Port talbot

That's mean.

Scary witch is accurate

"

Same difference

I hate my voice. Very much. But I have also realised that both of my sisters and I sound far more similar than I thought we did from hearing myself in my head. And I always thought they had nice voices.

So that's a thing

By *irBummyFingerMan  over a year ago

Carmarthen

No, I should like a right plonker

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

Hearing it back on recording or when I speak to other humans is a different after entirely.

Are you and dogs practicing for BGT? "

Oh god no. Noone else needs to hear our cacophony.

He's just a very vocal dog, and I have a couple of years of near silence to make up for so at home karaoke when the neighbours are out is the way

Paradise, Herts

That's mean.

Scary witch is accurate

"

Haha I’m probably proper West Country when I meet you as lived there so long. I go back to manc and you wouldn’t know i’d left! Mine seems to automatically change wherever I am. And the kids always know who I’m on the phone to by the way I speak. It’s subconscious though!

By *irBummyFingerMan  over a year ago

Carmarthen

*sound

Not really a fan of my own voice but I do love a voice note .

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

I've spoken in front of several hundred people at a time and used to frequently give presentations to large groups in my old job.

People told me I had a great speaking voice.

I then went on one of those god awful 'management team building' weekends and one of the exercises was on public speaking.

We were told if you want to hear how your voice sounds to others (without recording it) just stick your fingers in your ears and speak. So I tried it.

Almost put me off ever speaking publicly again.......

A

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I’m not sure if I do but other people say that I do

I sound like gravel in washing machine and to say I’ve never smoked that’s something

Port talbot

Are you and dogs practicing for BGT?

Oh god no. Noone else needs to hear our cacophony.

He's just a very vocal dog, and I have a couple of years of near silence to make up for so at home karaoke when the neighbours are out is the way "

We need videos

That's mean.

Scary witch is accurate

Haha I’m probably proper West Country when I meet you as lived there so long. I go back to manc and you wouldn’t know i’d left! Mine seems to automatically change wherever I am. And the kids always know who I’m on the phone to by the way I speak. It’s subconscious though! "

I do the same! Completely random accent changes! I was on the phone to the boys in the US the other day, spoke to someone else straight afterwards and he laughed at me because I was apparently drawling like I was back on the ranch

By *istyPeaksCouple  over a year ago

braintree

Hate hate hate my voice. I’ve only ever sent one voice note in my life. Hopefully it was deleted at the other end

By *avinaTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Transsexual Transylvania

No, I hate it. My male voice is too monotone. In my mind, I'm expressive with plenty of inflection and intonation. My female voice isn't high enough, and I refuse to use the cliche of a falsetto. I'm working on it with YouTube training vids, but I'm not far along in the process.

And even worse, since moving to the UK, I'm very aware of my accent, and I really don't like it. It also gets stronger after I talk to family on the phone.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I think I sound bland and common. Lots of people have said I have a sexy voice; which I don't agree with.

East London

After hearing myself talk on a video years I realised I need to enunciate properly.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

Oh look, a thread discussing "the sound of your own voice".

I'm mainly bumping this so I can shame someone for gently mansplaining to me what the phrase means. This morning actually so this thread is a rather timely coincidence.

Mortal shame.

As far as how I sound goes? I don't hate my voice, it can sound okayish sometimes. I've listened to myself enough to not cringe when I hear it.

In my head, I think it sounds rather common, bit Lu'on sounding. And is higher. I don't see it as anything special, I'm certainly not going to be arousing the masses with its tone any time soon. But I don't hate it.

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Your internet

"Hate hate hate my voice. I’ve only ever sent one voice note in my life. Hopefully it was deleted at the other end "

I put it on Twitter and added Ronaldo, the beckhams, Beyoncé and the milkman.

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I hate my voice, I sound so childlike with it high pitch. I think it makes first impressions of me as young and not serious

East London

"Oh look, a thread discussing "the sound of your own voice".

I'm mainly bumping this so I can shame someone for gently mansplaining to me what the phrase means. This morning actually so this thread is a rather timely coincidence.

Mortal shame.

As far as how I sound goes? I don't hate my voice, it can sound okayish sometimes. I've listened to myself enough to not cringe when I hear it.

In my head, I think it sounds rather common, bit Lu'on sounding. And is higher. I don't see it as anything special, I'm certainly not going to be arousing the masses with its tone any time soon. But I don't hate it.

"

I think you have a school ma'am voice.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Christ no

Having listened to myself speaking a foreign language, I realise that I have a very British accent.

No

Very deep husky voice

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS  over a year ago

Carlisle

It's weird hearing it on voice messages! Most people hate hearing themselves back. Lol

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool/Wallasey

My voice in my own head is epic and legendary to listen to.

Hearing it back is way off the mark for me personally, yes I understand the science as to why.

Yet, I'm thankful to say, others say it is a nice voice to listen to, so I keep that in mind when listening to it the few times that I have to.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

God I hate my voice so much...

I sound like a stoned disinterested chav

By *educing_EmCouple  over a year ago

Tipperary

"I've spoken in front of several hundred people at a time and used to frequently give presentations to large groups in my old job.

People told me I had a great speaking voice.

I then went on one of those god awful 'management team building' weekends and one of the exercises was on public speaking.

We were told if you want to hear how your voice sounds to others (without recording it) just stick your fingers in your ears and speak. So I tried it.

Almost put me off ever speaking publicly again.......

A"

Thanks for that

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

Hate it especially when singing but others seem to like it

By *he AmbassadorMan  over a year ago

IRLANDA. / Prague. / Cil Dara

God no i dont like my voice, but others, especially those not from here think its sexy,

No idea why,, flat midlands/the pale accent, but deep and husky, maybe thats a thing,

By *istyPeaksCouple  over a year ago

braintree

"Hate hate hate my voice. I’ve only ever sent one voice note in my life. Hopefully it was deleted at the other end

I put it on Twitter and added Ronaldo, the beckhams, Beyoncé and the milkman."

And now I’m glad I didn’t send it to you

The voice challenge video doesn’t count.

I like my voice - I'm quite gravelly and have been told I have a very sexy voice

No I hate my voice and my accent. I always cringe when I hear myself speaking on a video or something. I’m not one for sending voice notes or even speaking on the phone if I don’t have to.

Port talbot

"No I hate my voice and my accent. I always cringe when I hear myself speaking on a video or something. I’m not one for sending voice notes or even speaking on the phone if I don’t have to. "

If I say you have to talk on the phone with me, does that count as having to?

Mortal shame.

I think you have a school ma'am voice."

Thank you Nanna, x. I understand now why I appeal so much to a particular demographic.

By *lue eyesMan  over a year ago

cavan

Absolutely not ;I hate it but it's all I got so ill just have to make the most of it now

Port talbot

Mortal shame.

Thank you Nanna, x. I understand now why I appeal so much to a particular demographic. "

She's not wrong, you go tell those naughty boys off for being really bad

"No I hate my voice and my accent. I always cringe when I hear myself speaking on a video or something. I’m not one for sending voice notes or even speaking on the phone if I don’t have to.

If I say you have to talk on the phone with me, does that count as having to? "

You’re so mean to me you know that

As someone who has spent a lot of time speaking through PA systems, I have grown used to hearing how my voice sounds to others, so yes

Port talbot

"No I hate my voice and my accent. I always cringe when I hear myself speaking on a video or something. I’m not one for sending voice notes or even speaking on the phone if I don’t have to.

If I say you have to talk on the phone with me, does that count as having to?

You’re so mean to me you know that "

I'll make it all better when we speak on the phone

Mortal shame.

Thank you Nanna, x. I understand now why I appeal so much to a particular demographic.

She's not wrong, you go tell those naughty boys off for being really bad "

I don't know why I didn't pick up on this until today! I'll start telling men "you've been a very, very naughty boy" and see what effect it elicits.

Mortal shame.

I don't know why I didn't pick up on this until today! I'll start telling men "you've been a very, very naughty boy" and see what effect it elicits. "

do me,, DO ME,, please,,

Port talbot

Mortal shame.

I don't know why I didn't pick up on this until today! I'll start telling men "you've been a very, very naughty boy" and see what effect it elicits. "

Let us know please, I imagine will have various results depending on the guy

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

no

I sound proper common, mix cockney with essex and that's me

adele with extra potty mouth

"no

I sound proper common, mix cockney with essex and that's me

adele with extra potty mouth

"

thats not a bad thing,, Geeezer

" I think you have a school ma'am voice.

I don't know why I didn't pick up on this until today! I'll start telling men "you've been a very, very naughty boy" and see what effect it elicits. do me,, DO ME,, please,, "

Ha, any time.

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

Mortal shame.

I have - and id like you to take in several future naughty deeds involving you, handcuffs and a blindfold into account!!

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"As someone who has spent a lot of time speaking through PA systems, I have grown used to hearing how my voice sounds to others, so yes"

Likewise.

Whilst I avoid being loquacious, I enjoy the gift of eloquence which was acquired during 23 years in teaching.

I am also a radio amateur and used to speaking clearly and not mumbling into a microphone. Modern radios also benefit from enhancement by clipping and compression and restricting the voice spectrum for best intelligibility.

My ideal speech delivery to aim for would have to be 'Air traffic control English'.

I am quite good at mimicry, which helps with adapting to differing conversational situations. I can do anything from Lord Snooty to Estuary but have not quite yet mastered (or more correctly, put into use) 'hos-pee-toowle' or 'evvee-dent-lee'.

All good fun!

Mortal shame.

I don't know why I didn't pick up on this until today! I'll start telling men "you've been a very, very naughty boy" and see what effect it elicits.

I have - and id like you to take in several future naughty deeds involving you, handcuffs and a blindfold into account!! "

I feel sorry for the first man who features in that scenario - I'll leave him well and truly drained and in a state of bliss, unable to talk. I'm definitely adding this to something I want to explore with the right man now. Woman even.

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

I avoid hearing it back at all costs

By *asty tatsyMan  over a year ago

london

"I avoid hearing it back at all costs "

What _ede said

Paradise, Herts

"I avoid hearing it back at all costs

What _ede said "

I love yours!

Not particularly

But others seem to be quite fond of it

london

What _ede said

I love yours!"

Stop letting the hot voice secret out

Paradise, Herts

What _ede said

I love yours!

Stop letting the hot voice secret out "

. Shame it’s only the voice though eh

Oh hell no

By *utie bootyMan  over a year ago

cornbeef island

I love the sound of my voice, I sound like a Yorkshire version of Barry white lol

By *ir SupremacyMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Yes because I got a beautiful Irish voice...ha im joking x

london

What _ede said

I love yours!

. Shame it’s only the voice though eh "

That’s why I do dial up chat 1.99 a min. It’s brought me gold

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I avoid hearing it back at all costs "

Ooh interesting

I hate mine. I hate my tone and accent, but what can I do?

I blame the parents.

By *he love catsCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

Can't stand the sound of my own voice.

By *valanche1001Man  over a year ago

Leeds

My deep syrupy baritone? Of course it can drop a pair of knickers at 10ft.

If only I could get that close in the first place

By *amierebelMan  over a year ago

Nae danger

I do yeah, that said the one inside my head not so much that one be getting me in trouble

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Big nope!!

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

Aye. I sound like a softer Sean Bean

Nooooooooo I do not. I hate voicenotes. Text me or meet me in person, when I can distract from how I sound with boobs!

Although I love getting them!

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

"Nooooooooo I do not. I hate voicenotes. Text me or meet me in person, when I can distract from how I sound with boobs! "

This is the content I'm looking for

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

Sometimes.

Objectively, I know it's ok - unremarkable if nothing else - but, like you say, still a slight cringe 'do I really sound like that?!?' if I hear my own voicemails!

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

What _ede said

I love yours!

. Shame it’s only the voice though eh

That’s why I do dial up chat 1.99 a min. It’s brought me gold "

Well now I want to hear it!!!

By *r_PinkMan  over a year ago

london stratford

I hate the sound of my own boice when I hear myself recorded

"So I left a voice note happy birthday message for a friend this morning. I don’t ever really use this function on WhatsApp but thought it would be a bit more personal than a text.

I always slightly cringe when I hear my voice played back - is that what I really sound like? Do you feel the same and have a hang up about what you sound like to other people? "

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I hate hearing my own voice, I actually feel sorry for people who hear me.

By *aimeDWoman  over a year ago

Shaftesbury, Dorset

I like it better than I did, I worked hard on voice coaching and it seems to get me by in life but I’m still quite conscious of it letting me down and “outing” me

By *otBunsHunWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"So I left a voice note happy birthday message for a friend this morning. I don’t ever really use this function on WhatsApp but thought it would be a bit more personal than a text.

I always slightly cringe when I hear my voice played back - is that what I really sound like? Do you feel the same and have a hang up about what you sound like to other people? "

absolutely not. I feel like apologising to everyone that has to hear it

By *oDownEasyMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Not a fan of it, but I have to spend several days a week on my feet and talking, so hopefully others like it

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

I hate hearing my voice on recordings I sound like Nessa from Gavin and Stacey ..

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I'm actually getting used to mine after hearing it obviously as you get older can be a slight change but more manly

By *ultured Gent16Man  over a year ago

close.

Many people on the forums certainly do…

By *olarbear73Man  over a year ago

The Pole (Glasgowish)

Yeah I like the sound of my own voice

By *idden Gem69Woman  over a year ago

north lanarkshire

God no hate hearing my voice

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I've been told mine is sexy and husky. ThTs down to the amount of fags I smoke aday. When I here my voice it sounds like a kids although I don't really have an accent

By *rAitchMan  over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

I don't mind the sound of my voice. I hear it as others hear me, lots. I have been presenting radio shows since 2005, and I wear headphones when on air, as I am right now!

» Add a new message to this topic