FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Novelty / Familiarity

Novelty / Familiarity

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    51 weeks ago

Does your prefer the novelty effect that a new sexual partner can provide ?

Do your sexual desire and arousal increase with a new partner or do you prefer the familiarity with all it entails that a regular partner can provide ?

Both can be compatible, it is not one way or the other. I was just wondering where people position themselves on that spectrum.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atnip make me purrWoman 51 weeks ago

Reading

Familiarity but the first time with someone is exciting.

By (user no longer on site) 51 weeks ago

Familiarity enjoys breeding.

Everyone enjoys NRE (new relationship energy) but the deeper pleasures come from knowing a person and delving into each other.

Whether we realise it or not, NRE is one of the reasons we all do this.

"Everyone enjoys NRE (new relationship energy) but the deeper pleasures come from knowing a person and delving into each other.

Whether we realise it or not, NRE is one of the reasons we all do this."

Totally agree.

By this, you mean swinging ?

By *eliWoman 51 weeks ago

I'll know it when I find it.

Familiarity sounds rather dreary a term when applied to a person doesn't it?

I love those butterflies I experience when I'm meeting someone new. That stage of excitedly talking and discovering new things, the voicenotes of waffle and joy. That rush of the first kiss, the way someone's body, their responses is oh so very new to me. It's very much new relationship energy and I'm here for that. Slightly addicted to NRE to be honest.

Equally, I love the deeper bonds that come about in time. The ability to relax and enjoy intimacy, learning new things, exploring kinks and desires that I've not had a chance to or have been inspired by the other person.

I'd say I lean more towards to knowing someone, a deeper relationship. I do love the rush of NRE though.

"Everyone enjoys NRE (new relationship energy) but the deeper pleasures come from knowing a person and delving into each other.

Totally agree.

By this, you mean swinging ? "

Swinging is one way of putting it. Personally I don't class myself as a swinger as it feels like such an old outdated term these days. But essentially, yes - recreational sex, poly, open, whatever you want to call it

By (user no longer on site) OP    51 weeks ago

"Familiarity sounds rather dreary a term when applied to a person doesn't it?

I love those butterflies I experience when I'm meeting someone new. That stage of excitedly talking and discovering new things, the voicenotes of waffle and joy. That rush of the first kiss, the way someone's body, their responses is oh so very new to me. It's very much new relationship energy and I'm here for that. Slightly addicted to NRE to be honest.

Equally, I love the deeper bonds that come about in time. The ability to relax and enjoy intimacy, learning new things, exploring kinks and desires that I've not had a chance to or have been inspired by the other person.

I'd say I lean more towards to knowing someone, a deeper relationship. I do love the rush of NRE though."

Would regularity fits better in that context ?

Totally agree.

Swinging is one way of putting it. Personally I don't class myself as a swinger as it feels like such an old outdated term these days. But essentially, yes - recreational sex, poly, open, whatever you want to call it "

Adding that to your private notes mister

Totally agree.

Swinging is one way of putting it. Personally I don't class myself as a swinger as it feels like such an old outdated term these days. But essentially, yes - recreational sex, poly, open, whatever you want to call it

Adding that to your private notes mister "

Just how long are my private notes now?!

Totally agree.

Just how long are my private notes now?! "

As long as your cock

I’ve only ever had sex with someone I’ve had sex with before.

i only ever really meet new people, rather than agree to repeat meets.

i enjoy that far more, the heightened energy and atmosphere, sparks flying, insane sexual tension... just does it for me.

Px

Totally agree.

As long as your cock "

You can see it from there?!

Totally agree.

As long as your cock

You can see it from there?!"

You’ve sent me a picture the other day, haven’t you ?

Totally agree.

As long as your cock

You’ve sent me a picture the other day, haven’t you ? "

Yuh, I was just teasing

Totally agree.

As long as your cock

Yuh, I was just teasing "

It was a rather long tease

By *eatrice BadinageWoman 51 weeks ago

In a Sparkly Dress

No I like the known factor more, disappointment amd sexually incompatibility is a big chance with newbies, but known repeats are just right

Totally agree.

As long as your cock

Yuh, I was just teasing

It was a rather long tease "

What's a girl to do...

By *abs..Woman 51 weeks ago

It a heady experience, the first meet, that exciting build but I adore the familiarity as you grow to know someone better and mutually discover each others wants and needs.

I like familiarity. The more you know someone the more comfortable you become around them, you can really let yourself relax.

The thrill of meeting someone new is so exciting. All the build up to towards actually meeting them, the sexual tension and finding out things about them, The first kiss is just an unmatched feeling!.

By *eliWoman 51 weeks ago

I'll know it when I find it.

"Familiarity sounds rather dreary a term when applied to a person doesn't it?

I'd say I lean more towards to knowing someone, a deeper relationship. I do love the rush of NRE though.

Would regularity fits better in that context ? "

I think so. Possibly. Regular could mean that you see them a few times a year though! It's quite nuanced and hard to explain.

I just know familiarity is in the same category as the word meet for me.

If either was used by a lover or partner I'd probably leave Fab.

By *oodmessMan 51 weeks ago

yumsville

"Does your prefer the novelty effect that a new sexual partner can provide ?

Do your sexual desire and arousal increase with a new partner or do you prefer the familiarity with all it entails that a regular partner can provide ?

Both can be compatible, it is not one way or the other. I was just wondering where people position themselves on that spectrum. "

Had fwbs for 7yrs and 4.5yrs and a few others for a decent amount of time - for the most we were shagging both inventively and enthusiastically every time we saw each other.

New people are just that, new people. You meet as you have interest in each other, with luck there's a spark whether you return or not

By *MisschiefxTV/TS 51 weeks ago

London

Novelty, my ADHD brain likes the excitement of new and it enhances the whole experience a lot. Familiar can end up feeling very routine and I just completely lose interest.

» Add a new message to this topic