FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > For the men of the forum

For the men of the forum

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    49 weeks ago

What are the qualities in other men that you look for in your friendships?

Do they just need to be able to down a pint? Willing to buy rounds rather than just their own drinks? Other, deeper forms of kindness? Do you value sensitivity? Do you value friends that Are honest with you and check you? Tell me

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ensuallover1000Man 49 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

A good sense of humour first and foremost; this is absolutely intrinsic for me.

Intelligence counts for a great deal also and of course, shared interests.

Someone I can basically have a great laugh with and also have a good serious conversation with

By (user no longer on site) 49 weeks ago

I feel like a tragic case, as I can honestly say that I don’t have any proper male friends.

By *ensuallover1000Man 49 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"A good sense of humour first and foremost; this is absolutely intrinsic for me.

Someone I can basically have a great laugh with and also have a good serious conversation with "

(And if they wish to buy me a pint, I won’t be offended)

By *anderingArtistMan 49 weeks ago

an abstract world

Is it too broad to say being on the same wavelength? If not, then that and to be a good laugh.

I'm not a very "lad-y" bloke so I don't go for the whole downing pints palaver. Just a mate who I can chat to about anything and have a laugh with I reckon.

By *aptain Caveman41Man 49 weeks ago

Home

Someone who I can trust with my life.

By *oeBeansMan 49 weeks ago

Derby

"A good sense of humour first and foremost; this is absolutely intrinsic for me.

Someone I can basically have a great laugh with and also have a good serious conversation with "

This for me as well. Don't mind a bit of banter and piss taking as long as it's done in good humour as well

By *entlemanFoxMan 49 weeks ago

North East / London

I cannot put it better than this.

"I feel like a tragic case, as I can honestly say that I don’t have any proper male friends. "

I have one. And I wonder all the time why I get scared of friendship and vulnerability with other men. I feel like I’m just not the kind of guy guys would be friends with so I have posted a thread to try and find my people

By *uitednbooted2Man 49 weeks ago

Berkshire

For me it normally starts with some form of common interest, but to become a friend I value, humour, modesty, integrity, manners, respectfulness, bravery and loyalty.

This is what I would LOVE! You’ve nailed it man. Thread ended?

By *aucasian GhandiMan 49 weeks ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

Honesty, integrity dignity, do not counter sign any billshit.....and not have any resemblance to my old man....humour sarcasim and be willing to lend me a score

By *ealitybitesMan 49 weeks ago

Belfast

Nothing whatsoever to do with pints or buying rounds as I don't drink alcohol so wouldn't have much in common with those who live for the pub.

My best male friend is someone I met through this site and we quickly discovered we had so many different things in common including life experiences and a sense of humour.

In general I could probably count my close male friends on one hand and they are all guys I've spent a lot of time with and have built that friendship through shared experiences.

By *oeBeansMan 49 weeks ago

Derby

"Nothing whatsoever to do with pints or buying rounds as I don't drink alcohol so wouldn't have much in common with those who live for the pub.

My best male friend is someone I met through this site and we quickly discovered we had so many different things in common including life experiences and a sense of humour.

In general I could probably count my close male friends on one hand and they are all guys I've spent a lot of time with and have built that friendship through shared experiences. "

One of my best friends love the pub and I don't drink either. I'll get a soft drink, we'll chat, we'll play pool and it's genuinely always one of my favourite evenings

By *ehindHerEyesCouple 49 weeks ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

I think the top 3 for me are:

Honesty - I don’t need to hear bs at any time

Respectful - towards other people. I could add politeness and tolerance in here too

Humility - yeah you’ve got a good job and nice car but I don’t need you bragging about it constantly

Marc

Belfast

[Removed by poster at 31/05/23 20:27:56]

By (user no longer on site) 49 weeks ago

I am much better at bromance than romance.

Belfast

"Nothing whatsoever to do with pints or buying rounds as I don't drink alcohol so wouldn't have much in common with those who live for the pub.

In general I could probably count my close male friends on one hand and they are all guys I've spent a lot of time with and have built that friendship through shared experiences.

One of my best friends love the pub and I don't drink either. I'll get a soft drink, we'll chat, we'll play pool and it's genuinely always one of my favourite evenings "

I was always the designated driver and the one having to drag mates who were pissed out of pubs all the time and in a previous job had to visit up to 100 pubs a week so they are the last place I really want to visit.

I've no issue with anyone having a pint but if that's what their world revolves around we are on different pages.

By *obilebottomMan 49 weeks ago

All over

As with any friends, male or females you have to accept the other person for who they are, be there in good times and bad, have absolute trust in one another, happy to listen to them even if they disagree with you because you know they always have your best interests at heart, a bit of humour and a pick me up when the chips are down. I am lucky to have a couple of friends like that that I think the world of them snd I know they feel the same

By *ambertMan 49 weeks ago

Cheltenham

They have to be absolute mentalists who have a warped view of the world

» Add a new message to this topic