FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Organ donation

Organ donation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago
Forum Mod

I was watching a programme about transplants last night and just wondered how many of you were on the organ donation register

I am .....if there is anything worth having after ive gone then people are welcome to it all

May not be a lot but if it helps then im happy

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lirty14uMan  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I can think of a few bits that might be worn out already....

lol!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeap im on the Organ register, only takes a couple of minutes to do online, plus I have my card in my purse AND most importantly my next of kin know this is what I want!!

Also on the Blood register and you can donate every six months. They dont let you forget either and keep you informed of local donation clinics and give you a heads up when you are due to give again.

Face it guys im a feckin saint LOL

im not but not because its not something i'd do, its just something ive never got round to, they welcome to whatever they want once im dead

my brother in law as recieved a few donations to help him survive, he is diabetic which as caused his problems a yr ago he rec a kidney from my sister, and last week he had his pancras removed and a new one put in,he will have a better quality of life now thanks to the donators.we cant take the parts with us so y not let someone else have em

Forum Mod

"im not but not because its not something i'd do, its just something ive never got round to, they welcome to whatever they want once im dead "

Naughty it takes no time at all to register online now xxx go on you'll feel like you've done a nice thing today

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Yes im registered, they can have anything they like if its going to help someone else.

We aren't and never will go on the donation list.

Our 13yr old son died and he carried a donor card as his friend and sister have cystic fibrosis.

We went along with his wishes and all his major organs were used apart from his heart as they had forgotten to do a blood test for hepatitis, thus meaning a perfectly good heart had to be destroyed. We after 4 yrs have never received an explanation why they forgot to do the blood test.

The organ co-ordinator have to ask various questions like can we have the eyes and also ligaments etc . It was a very harrowing experience altogether at a time when we were obviously devestated at our loss.

Forum Mod

"We aren't and never will go on the donation list.

Our 13yr old son died and he carried a donor card as his friend and sister have cystic fibrosis.

We went along with his wishes and all his major organs were used apart from his heart as they had forgotten to do a blood test for hepatitis, thus meaning a perfectly good heart had to be destroyed. We after 4 yrs have never received an explanation why they forgot to do the blood test.

The organ co-ordinator have to ask various questions like can we have the eyes and also ligaments etc . It was a very harrowing experience altogether at a time when we were obviously devestated at our loss. "

Its got to be one of the hardest jobs in the world to approach a family when they are going through such devastation,For you to allow your sons organs to be used even though his heart was'nt shows what lovely thoughtful people you are its a shame that it didnt work out as it should have done xxxxx

By *ricky_DickyMan  over a year ago

Mirfield

Well I'm not on the organ donation register but I am on the transplant waiting list and have been since 2004.

Forum Mod

Wow thats a long time to be waiting for a transplant,It must be like living on tentahooks

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yes we are both registered too.

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

Registered.

There will be less to set fire to when i go if they can use all my spare parts.

Cant give blood anymore due to new regulations about them stabbing about in the vein, just cos 1in3 people got bruises last year.

I wouldnt care about a blummin bruise if it means saving a life!

Very annoyed, grrrr!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Unfortunatly ive never been able to give blood either due to the amount of medication i take which is a shame as there is only 8% with my blood group

Forum Mod

"Registered.

Cant give blood anymore due to new regulations about them stabbing about in the vein, just cos 1in3 people got bruises last year.

Very annoyed, grrrr!"

So because you got a bruise you can't give blood? thats mad!

"Registered.

Very annoyed, grrrr!

So because you got a bruise you can't give blood? thats mad! "

Eh ??? I still give blood and I bruise like buggery - never heard of that before ..

I've been on this fecking site for a couple of years now trying to donate my organ but no fucker wants it!!

Notting

"Registered.

Very annoyed, grrrr!

So because you got a bruise you can't give blood? thats mad!

Eh ??? I still give blood and I bruise like buggery - never heard of that before .."

I was quite upset actually.

They ALWAYS have trouble getting my veins, as they are piddly and quite deep - but i always let them poke around and finally get there.

But due to change in legislation - unless they can feel and see the vein to begin with, they are not allowed to go in blind.

Very annoying - cos as part of my job i do blood samples alot - and quite often even if you cant see it you can feel it and get a sample. Made me feel a bit of a failure that i cant even give bloody blood.

Got a lovely letter from them tho and a certificate - hmm that'll save lots of lives eh.

Hmm, think i am still grumpy about it!!! Surely should be my choice, even if i had to sign a consent form removing any blame from them or something - not enought people give blood as it is.

Gawd, rant over, as you were!!!

Debz xxxxxx

I am a supporter of the new Govt. scheme whereby citizens will be required to 'opt out' if they don't wish to donate their organs after death. This negates the need for bereaved families to be approached at such a sensitive time but I suspect that doctors will be required to inform relatives that their deceased loved one hadn't opted out and is therefore available for cultivation of organs.

I think this is the best way forward for us as a community and those that feel passionately that they want to be buried 'intact' can have that wish fulfilled. Let's face it, most of us who aren't on the organ register, who aren't against it, are simply to lazy to get it sorted.

I've just done mine so thanks for this thread for reminding me.

Now, who wants me cock?

Notting

Be guarenteed stiffness after death!!!

LOL

x

» Add a new message to this topic