FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > High speed trains

High speed trains

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So do we need this new proposed high speed rail network ?

They dont propose to start building till 2017 and it may not be done for years after...

Worth all the billions ?????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Complete waste of money. We don't need a train to go from London to Manchester in an hour. Why would anyone want to come up here when there is no industry or investment. We need manufacturing investment not a super Hornby.

"Complete waste of money. We don't need a train to go from London to Manchester in an hour. Why would anyone want to come up here when there is no industry or investment. We need manufacturing investment not a super Hornby."

Shame they didnt just draw two straight lines up the country from London to the north, Dont give folk the chance to object and say tough were building. Sod your lovely views you wont be around to enjoy them anyway as by the time its built and running (wrong snow, leaves, wiring getting stolen) you will be long gone.

Its gonna affect birchmoor bigtime which is literally just up the road from me , so the chances are its going to affect the whole of this town in one way or another...

Why not just upgrade existing rail networks and put more rolling stock on...

"Its gonna affect birchmoor bigtime which is literally just up the road from me , so the chances are its going to affect the whole of this town in one way or another...

Why not just upgrade existing rail networks and put more rolling stock on... "

What and the government appear to do something sensible!!

True

By *orkieMan  over a year ago

Who knows

If the rail networks were better, cheaper with more convenient less crowded trains I would use them all the time, sat on my arse enjoying the scenery flashing past sure beats doing the miles on the motorway

The country needs this! With out a doubt. The west coast main line will beyond capacity in 10 years. The whole north south divide needs to be bridged by this project and soon.

this train line will bring investment to the north, without it the north south divide will just get bigger and bigger, it is vital we move with the times and keep improving facilities like airports train lines, otherwise risk getting left behind

Well said! The station at Birmingham curzon street will regenerate,as will massive parts of the uk . And this will all make the uk a smaller place to trade. No brainer. Gets my vote instantly

Could be a good thing if all the engineering work is done here. If as I suspect the trains will be German or Italian and all the steelwork comes from Spain or China then it will be yet another opportunity wasted.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

You can't blame people for wanting to get away from Birmingham as fast as possible

"Could be a good thing if all the engineering work is done here. If as I suspect the trains will be German or Italian and all the steelwork comes from Spain or China then it will be yet another opportunity wasted."

German mate siemens waste of time

1, We dont need it.. There is a direct line from Glasgow to London.. It stops at Warrington between Manchester and Liverool..

2, We have the Manchester ship cannel which runs from East to West threw Manchester, Warrington and Liverpool..

3, The only high speed train in the world capable of even doing that journey is in Japan.. And even still it won't do it in an hour..

4, Train prices will sour threw the roof!!

5, Is it me or is this train thing reminding you of a song where some guy got stuck on a train because he need one more nicke to get off and his wife used to give him sandwiches when it went past? Can never remember the song tho ..

Its based on the time when trains outsold buses because of the cheap prices and when the buses stopped running the train prices went up!!

Or am i getting confused with something else..

"So do we need this new proposed high speed rail network ?

They dont propose to start building till 2017 and it may not be done for years after...

Worth all the billions ????? "

Why ask a question you already disagree with. Why not just say no I don't want it.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Living and trading in Derby, I am all for it, but only if as many of the complicated procedures for completing this undoubtably awkward task were undertaken by local people as it generates more prosperity within a vast range of communities ...........

And breathe

Either Siemens or Derby Carriage and Wagon Works (founded 1840) now known as Bombardier are likely to be awarded the contract to build the choo choos that will travel on said as yet unbuilt road of steel.

Who would you choose to build the choo choos

As per the HS2 thread, I am a train driver and it is something the UK needs. We have fallen way behind in terms of rail travel.

The chances are is that it will be delayed and will likely be a watered down version. As for contracts and pricing...who knows? We suspect Siemans and run by the government like the old BR.

30 years to be effective ?

By the time I can go quicker, I will probably be wanting to be go slower !

I will be using my jet pack or hover boots before this gets running.

Some people just like to whine and moan about anything and everything.

Do we want more airports - yes

Do we want a fantastic and fast high speed rail network - yes

Do we want to go back to hugging trees and wanting everything to stay the same - no we fucking dont.

Rock and Roll- upwards and onwards with the big capital projects.

Some people just like to whine and moan about where OUR money is being spent.

It's the disruption to the current journey that I'm not looking forward to, as Euston is due to be redeveloped.

» Add a new message to this topic