FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anyone else started a new diet for the new year?

Anyone else started a new diet for the new year?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *raham Simpson OP   Man  over a year ago

Norwich

Supplementary question... How is it going?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eminiman61Man  over a year ago

mansfield

I started my new diet in october and slowly lost 5kgs but I've put the weight back on

That's not completely true I'm losing body fat and toning up

You dint say if you were on a diet or how's it going op

Norwich

I've foud a great diet...

Eat more, excercise less

There is a catch though... You can eat plenty, so long as its not starch or sugar.

Been on it for 4 weeks, and have lost 7lb and an inch from my belly, an I have not been hungry once. This is not a diet to start and then finish, it's a new eating plan for life! Starch/sugar will be a treat every few weeks.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Did anyone see the dreadful dispatches programme about weight watchers last night?

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Yes - lost two stones so far, easy once your head is in the right place.

I'm trying to eat healthier and cutting out all the high sugar foods. Just wish could stomach Breakfast

Norwich

"Yes - lost two stones so far, easy once your head is in the right place.

"

I went from 16.5st to 12.5st in about a year by starving myself of 1000cal per day. It wasnt fun avoiding nice food, or spending hours in the gym so that I could indulge.

Trouble is, when I started eating normally, it all started to pile back on.

Now I eat my fill every day, just avoid Starch and Sugar whenever possible. I'm never hungry and am trimming up nicely. Love it.

The catch is, Starch = Bread, Potato, Rice, Pasta, Wheat, Oats.. Things I used to eat almost every meal, every day. you have to be a little creative in finding your carbs

I take my hat of to anyone who can diet,

I have absolutely no will power to diet. The only way I can lose weight is by exercise.

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

Yes have cut out bread sugar and choc ,and gradually losing two lb a week

By *eminiman61Man  over a year ago

mansfield

I'm glad you've lost 7lb but I still think you need some excercise for tone and the removal of visceral fat.

Two stone since xmas wow how have you done that Ihope its not mademe G method

You should always have something for breakfast, can't you stomach fruit or a yogurt etc

Norwich

"I'm glad you've lost 7lb but I still think you need some excercise for tone and the removal of visceral fat.

Two stone since xmas wow how have you done that Ihope its not mademe G method

You should always have something for breakfast, can't you stomach fruit or a yogurt etc "

I quite agree, I didn't say no exercise... just a lot less than I was doing. I went from 3 or 4 60min cardio sessions a week, to one 15min interval session, and one 40min weights session a week. All the timesaved can be spent cooking lovely fresh meals!

Cutting out carbs is not necessary. Carbs give you the energy to carry out your daily tasks & provide the fuel for any workouts your going to perform to assist with your weight loss through a calorific deficit. Basically avoid the white stuff and replace with brown,wholegrain,wholewheat versions.

Without carbs you can feel tired, which can cause you to become irritable and ratty.

I'm just going through a cutting stage to drop a few pounds. Of course I'll be exercising too. But this is what I do, when I want to drop a few pounds, and the weight just flies off in no time.

Morning:

Pint of ice cold water immediately as soon as I wake to rehydrate my body. It's also said that because the body needs to warm up the water you can gain a minimal increase in calorific burn. This is very slight, but every little helps when going for weight loss. The main concern is the rehydration. Likewise your body has been starved of nutrients as you sleep, so its highly important to get some on board. My breakfast is always a bowl of porridge oats, made with low fat milk, no sugar! but maybe a few blueberries or chopped banana & any seeds you like, thats if you need to sweeten it up. This is a perfectly, healthy breakfast consisting of good (complex) carbs and a great source of protein. It can also help improve your sex drive, an important one for all us fabbers. An alternative breakfast would be two poached eggs on a slice of wholemeal toast (un-buttered) with grilled mushrooms and tomatoes, even a couple of spoonfuls of reduced salt & sugar beans (drain the sauce, as this contains the sugars) is fine.

Mid morning: Piece of fruit, and a glass of skimmed milk. Again this helps to provide a protein hit & also gives you a good carb source.

Lunch: A toasted wholegrain pitta with plain tuna or a grilled chicken breast and a leafy green salad, or some steamed vegetables. If you want dessert, go for a low fat yogurt or a piece of fruit

Afternoon snack: Protein shake, small handful of mixed nuts (almonds, walnuts etc) with raisins.

Dinner: Homemade Quorn chilli, with a small portion of wholegwheat pasta. Or a steamed piece of fish with vegetables, or alternatively a chicken stir fry.

Evening: 2 egg omelette, made with a table spoon of water, add peppers, onions, jalepenos, mushrooms, tomatoes, to taste

Keep drinking plenty of water, you should be going to the toilet a lot, your urine should be crystal clear to show proper hydration. Feeling dehydrated is sometimes mistaken for hunger pangs, so try to avoid this, and it will help you to feel full.

Evenings are also the time when most people relax & unwind, so if your watching TV or perving on Fab, then you may find yourself tempted to reach for unhealthy convenient snacks. I always have sticks of carrot, peppers, celery, chopped and ready to nibble on in the fridge to reach for. Also for those with a sweet tooth, you can try freezing some fruit juice ice cubes to nibble on, I put small pieces of different chopped fruit inside too, a great way to beat the sweet tooth urges. Then there's the old faithful trick of brushing your teeth if you fancy a sweet treat, because you know that bar of chocolate is not going to taste good straight after doing so.

So along with this and a mix or cardio & resistance work, you are tackling your weight loss with a complete three pronged attack. You'll feel healthier, lighter, fitter, stronger. You'll sleep better, think better and most importantly you shouldn't be hungry. By grazing through the day your body can digest & utilise the fuel its taking on board better, and you won't be going into starvation mode, whereas your body is going to store its fat reserves.

Obviously, this is an example & overview of how I do things, mixed in with exercise of course. It may need tweaking to meet your calorific requirements to create a defecit, so good portion size should be adhered to. I also cut out salt, don't add sugar etc

I'm currently eating this way at the moment, and I know it works very well for me when I want to drop a few pounds in a quick, safe and healthy way

Norwich

sounds like a lot of sense. Just to make it clear about my eating... I certainly do not want to avoid carbs, just avoid starchy carbs. I'm looking at an ideal of 40% calories each from both carbs and protein, and the other 20% from fat.

My carbs have to come from non-starchy vegetables which are also rich in water and fibre, and you have to eat quite a large quantity so I'm never hungry

I think I've lost 10 lbs this month... 9 or 10 Hoped I'd manage a stone but didn't want to be too strict and end up stuffing my face

I'm pretty pleased so far

» Add a new message to this topic