FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How much do you let other's opinions influence you

How much do you let other's opinions influence you

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aravancouple OP   Man  over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

Can you easily be swayed by a persuasive article? Or do you throw your beliefs behind a wall and refuse to listen to anyone else's _iew.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

if the person is someone I have respect for, for sure.

if I don't have, unlikely but never say never.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yerrrrr

what he says

Often see a good example of this in the forums. Someone creates a thread then after one or two posts sometimes a flood of others following them. Eg. Single guy asking for the usual advice on getting meets. Sometimes will get the first few posts being supportive and then it follows but if the first few basically slag him off the same type of posts follow. (there has been no scientific research done re this lol)

Personally, as most folk will probably say, I think I have my own _iews and happy to stick to them but a reasoned argument sometimes will sway me.

By *aravancouple OP   Man  over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

"Often see a good example of this in the forums. Someone creates a thread then after one or two posts sometimes a flood of others following them. Eg. Single guy asking for the usual advice on getting meets. Sometimes will get the first few posts being supportive and then it follows but if the first few basically slag him off the same type of posts follow. (there has been no scientific research done re this lol)

Personally, as most folk will probably say, I think I have my own _iews and happy to stick to them but a reasoned argument sometimes will sway me."

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Often see a good example of this in the forums. Someone creates a thread then after one or two posts sometimes a flood of others following them. Eg. Single guy asking for the usual advice on getting meets. Sometimes will get the first few posts being supportive and then it follows but if the first few basically slag him off the same type of posts follow. (there has been no scientific research done re this lol)

Personally, as most folk will probably say, I think I have my own _iews and happy to stick to them but a reasoned argument sometimes will sway me."

a very valid point

On the whole I don't tend to be influenced by others.

Even if I have total respect for someone and their _iews are valid to them, if I don't agree with those _iews or I have a slightly different concept, then ill stick with my own _iews.

On a forum, whilst I like and respect a lot of people on here, if I didn't agree with them on something I would say. Equally I expect the same back.

On this forum in particular friends are a big influence. There are people who won't respond to a person if their little group of friends don't like that person. I have less respect for those being influenced than the people I lock horns with at times

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"

On this forum in particular friends are a big influence. There are people who won't respond to a person if their little group of friends don't like that person. I have less respect for those being influenced than the people I lock horns with at times

"

"On the whole I don't tend to be influenced by others.

Even if I have total respect for someone and their _iews are valid to them, if I don't agree with those _iews or I have a slightly different concept, then ill stick with my own _iews.

On a forum, whilst I like and respect a lot of people on here, if I didn't agree with them on something I would say. Equally I expect the same back.

"

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"

My thoughts to.

I have my own opinions and don't play to the gallery as my posts show.

My thoughts to.

I have my own opinions and don't play to the gallery as my posts show.

"

Couldn't have put it better myself.

I usually go with what I want but when I was looking for a new mattress, I went stupidly with the majority who seemed to rave over it, I personally hate it. The problem is though that next time, I might find with someone else that the majority were right. Think I will stick to listening to opinions then deciding for myself

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

i have strong thoughts and ideas but if its someth i know little about i will read other peoples _iews then think about which way my thoughts go

The popcorn people irritate me.

They are merely trying to incite contention on a thread in the hope a braver forumite will take the bait.

Instead of being silly and putting the popcorn comment, post your _iew and stand by it. I liken these popcorn people to kids in a playground forming a circle and shouting 'fight fight fight'

There's nothing worse than believing you always know best - remember when you were a kid and parents and teachers always told you how they knew best and tried to convince you that your opinion was worthless ?

And how you swore you would never end up like that ?

We all think our opinion is valid and some will be more vociferous than others - and some will listen and realise there is a valid reason to be swayed as our reasoning may not be as as we thought it was .

I hope that's me - but not perhaps as much as it should be !

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 29/01/13 20:57:09]

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

The goading and goading of people by others who stay a millimetre within the rules, knowing someone of less experience will cross over is my biggest irritation.

and the second the person crosses it, they circle like wolves with pretend outrage.

yet on bullying threads, they detest all forms of it.

"The goading and goading of people by others who stay a millimetre within the rules, knowing someone of less experience will cross over is my biggest irritation.

and the second the person crosses it, they circle like wolves with pretend outrage.

yet on bullying threads, they detest all forms of it.

"

"The popcorn people irritate me.

They are merely trying to incite contention on a thread in the hope a braver forumite will take the bait.

Instead of being silly and putting the popcorn comment, post your _iew and stand by it. I liken these popcorn people to kids in a playground forming a circle and shouting 'fight fight fight' "

Odd as I always thought they made the popcorn comment because they know what is going to happen to a thread

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I have some beliefs and _iews that are set in stone - nothing will ever change them but I'm fine with other's disagreeing with them. Then there are things that I have a strong opinion on which may be swayed by a persuasive argument, and then there are things I have no opinion on until I read/hear many different _iews and I will then reach my own opinion - all part of life's learning curve. What I can't be doing with is stating my unchangeable opinion and folk keep trying to make me change my mind or tell me I'm wrong - fair enough, you think I'm wrong, I stand by my belief and change ain't happening in this instance so leave it at agreeing to disagree

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Instead of being silly and putting the popcorn comment, post your _iew and stand by it. I liken these popcorn people to kids in a playground forming a circle and shouting 'fight fight fight' "

Popcorn people sounds like something from an alien film

Instead of being silly and putting the popcorn comment, post your _iew and stand by it. I liken these popcorn people to kids in a playground forming a circle and shouting 'fight fight fight'

Popcorn people sounds like something from an alien film"

logos ethos pathos - analyse the text sort n decide. Pretty open minded I think.

In Your Bush

Popcorn people sounds like something from an alien film

logos ethos pathos - analyse the text sort n decide. Pretty open minded I think.

"

Did Aristotle eat popcorn? Can't believe the Greeks invented that.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Highly unlikely i will change an opinion, think the last time that happened was 1977, i decided i preferred the red tutti fruitis instead of the yellow ones.

Couldna been the didna have microwaves

i like telling people to shut up and stop being twats

however i tend to word it ever so nicerly

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"i like telling people to shut up and stop being twats

however i tend to word it ever so nicerly"

when?

In Your Bush

"Highly unlikely i will change an opinion, think the last time that happened was 1977, i decided i preferred the red tutti fruitis instead of the yellow ones."

Purple are bestest

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Highly unlikely i will change an opinion, think the last time that happened was 1977, i decided i preferred the red tutti fruitis instead of the yellow ones.

Purple are bestest"

no red ones are...

In Your Bush

"Highly unlikely i will change an opinion, think the last time that happened was 1977, i decided i preferred the red tutti fruitis instead of the yellow ones.

Purple are bestestno red ones are... "

How you've changed. You wouldn't have said that back in '76

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Purple are bestestno red ones are...

How you've changed. You wouldn't have said that back in '76"

i was yellow then

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I always read with great interest other members opinions on subjects on here, I respect their right to that opinion but will always speak up if I strongly disagree with them.

I'm not for changing though.....

"I always read with great interest other members opinions on subjects on here, I respect their right to that opinion but will always speak up if I strongly disagree with them.

I'm not for changing though....."

Agree stick with the red ones.

however i tend to word it ever so nicerlywhen? "

please be quite u have great tits x

dirtybigbadsgirlville

however i tend to word it ever so nicerlywhen?

please be quite u have great tits x"

You are obsessed

Popcorn people sounds like something from an alien film"

Or Dr Who

» Add a new message to this topic