FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Child Care Ratios

Child Care Ratios

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icketysplits OP   Woman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I haven't seen a thread on this all day.

What do you think about the proposals to change the ratios and require childcare workers to be better qualified in English and Maths?

Six 2-year olds is a handful.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

So, they say that they need less Nursery nurses per nursery in order to bring childcare costs down?

So, when they make all these nursery nurses redundant, that will be better will it?

And, who's going to pay for the extra training?

You really think Nurseries will cut their rates? They will just use it as a way to cut their wage bill.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

And if it is going up from 3-1 (current ratio for nurseries for this age group) to 6-1 for 2 year olds, that means half as many Nursery nurses, thats a hell of a jump.

What are the other age group ratios changing to?

"And if it is going up from 3-1 (current ratio for nurseries for this age group) to 6-1 for 2 year olds, that means half as many Nursery nurses, thats a hell of a jump.

What are the other age group ratios changing to?"

The older ones are staying pretty much in the same ballpark. My worry is about two year olds and babies.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Cutting nursery nurses is daft. You can't expect 1 nursery nurse to 6 infants/babies. It will just cause neglect along the lines.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I haven't seen a thread on this all day.

What do you think about the proposals to change the ratios and require childcare workers to be better qualified in English and Maths?

Six 2-year olds is a handful."

Childminders who can actually pass on educational skills at a young age is a good thing. Letting them have 6 kids though is only going to end with the quieter ones being neglected more. If costs dropped per child then maybe some will like it but a responsible child minder will self limit and charge more for a quality service or I would hope they would.

"I haven't seen a thread on this all day.

Six 2-year olds is a handful.

Childminders who can actually pass on educational skills at a young age is a good thing. Letting them have 6 kids though is only going to end with the quieter ones being neglected more. If costs dropped per child then maybe some will like it but a responsible child minder will self limit and charge more for a quality service or I would hope they would."

I agree that better education of parents and carers leads to better educated children. I think it's a Jewish saying that mothers must be educated to ensure the next generation is educated.

For babies and toddlers I would rather leave a child with someone caring, qualified in childcare and with an interest in the child than with an educated childcare worker with no real interest or care for children.

» Add a new message to this topic