FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > RIP Zac, much loved cat

RIP Zac, much loved cat

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *londeCaz OP   Woman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Came home from hospital today to find my baby boy pussy cat had been run over and killed. Gutted. Thank god for good neighbours who found him in the backstreet, knocked on doors and then took him to the vets where his microchip was checked and they found he was my best boy...RIP sweetheart, I do hope you didn't suffer

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

awwwwwwww caz im so sorry to read this, i was devastated when my boy cat got run over, the only blessing was he had no wounds just had been hit straight out. The girl across the road found him and he was still warm but gone. I feel for you

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

[Removed by poster at 30/01/13 21:44:16]

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Caz, thats just terrible. Big hugs xxxx

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

that is a shame x

Forum Mod

Awww thats so sad Caz xxxx

massive hugs xxxxxxx

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Caz, you have my sympathies. More so because actually liked your cat. He's playing with a never-ending ball of string somewhere.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Sorry to hear that hun. Hope you're OK.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

love to you sorry bout caz xx

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Thats sad

aaawwwww caz im so sorry to hear your news

i had this with my vandal 2 years ago broke my heart

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

Sorry to hear that Caz

Hugs

Our sympathies too - it really is heartbreaking.

Caz thats awful, hugs and so sorry to hear xxxxxx take care xx

Big hugs xxxxxxx

Realy sorry to hear about that.

Massive hugs caz, soo sorry, they are family, hope he didnt suffer, xxx

RIP.

A vet once told me that if a cat doesn't appear injured after being run over it's because it was literally 'run over', meaning the vehicle passed over it without hitting it but the poor cat usually dies of heart failure. That's what happened to one our cats many years ago. A cat tends to freeze in the middle of the road if a car comes upon it too quickly for it to move.

By *ap AdgeMan  over a year ago

Wirral

So sorry to hear that I cried when my cat got run over I found him the next day he had crawled to field I searched all night for him so sorry

So sorry Caz, RIP pusskins. xxx

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Caz sorry to hear this my favourite cat was run over years ago, but still affects me now....HUGS xxx

OMG!! That's aweful, really sorry to hear (((( may he RIP xx

One less cat to shit in peoples gardens and destroy their plants, one less cat to kill birds just for the fun of it.

If only people would keep their cats indoors, they would greatly lessen the risk of them being run over. Cats, despite popular belief, don't need to run free all day.

Sorry for your loss OP, you have my most sincere condolences, I know you will be gutted in much the same way as I would be if it were one of my dogs but I'm sure you can see the point I'm making here ?

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"One less cat to shit in peoples gardens and destroy their plants, one less cat to kill birds just for the fun of it.

If only people would keep their cats indoors, they would greatly lessen the risk of them being run over. Cats, despite popular belief, don't need to run free all day.

Sorry for your loss OP, you have my most sincere condolences, I know you will be gutted in much the same way as I would be if it were one of my dogs but I'm sure you can see the point I'm making here ?"

Cats chasing birds....hmmmmmm isnt that natural ? No they dont need to go free, the WANT TO, its the way cats are. So are you going to have a go about the birds that shit all over the washing and eat all the worms too? Or the Dogs that chase cats...just for the fun of it?

"One less cat to shit in peoples gardens and destroy their plants, one less cat to kill birds just for the fun of it.

Sorry for your loss OP, you have my most sincere condolences, I know you will be gutted in much the same way as I would be if it were one of my dogs but I'm sure you can see the point I'm making here ?"

Yes cats are bad for some wildlife, but was this really the post to say that on?

"Came home from hospital today to find my baby boy pussy cat had been run over and killed. Gutted. Thank god for good neighbours who found him in the backstreet, knocked on doors and then took him to the vets where his microchip was checked and they found he was my best boy...RIP sweetheart, I do hope you didn't suffer "

So sorry to hear Caz, it is horrible we lost our beloved cat last August similarly but he had managed to make it home, had to have him put down.

So so sorry, big hugs.

Xxxx

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

?"

Seriously!!!? Is there actually any need for that?!

The poor woman has just found out her beloved pet has died, and youre having a rant about birds being eaten and a bit of poo in your garden?!

I hope you dont have any fish or meat products in your house as that wouldnt be natural

Im sorry for your loss Caz.

Big hugs to you xxx

My cat never ran freely all day and locked in at night, we live in a small village and very quiet, ours was unlucky.

He never chased anything but my dog does!

How highly insensitive and I hope you never suffer the loss of a beloved animal and ever want sympathy

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Ffs, time and place springs to mind..

as for 'sorry for your loss..'

yeh right..

"Caz sorry to hear this my favourite cat was run over years ago, but still affects me now....HUGS xxx"

Oh and what about the dogs that shit everywhere, suppose that is ok as not their fault just the owners

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

Realy!!! you realy felt the need to say that now

To the rest of the forumites, thanks for your condolences whilst I'm still able to post - you're lovely comments are helping me with my loss xxx

"

Oh and what about the dogs that shit everywhere, suppose that is ok as not their fault just the owners "

My princess pooch has a set poo'ing place, so bags are always ready. She's like her mummy and cant/wont poo in strange places.

Thought I'd share that piece of info for ya Jules

And on the very rare occasion she's caught unexpectedly I have an unlimited supply of poo bags.

"

Oh and what about the dogs that shit everywhere, suppose that is ok as not their fault just the owners

My princess pooch has a set poo'ing place, so bags are always ready. She's like her mummy and cant/wont poo in strange places.

Thought I'd share that piece of info for ya Jules

And on the very rare occasion she's caught unexpectedly I have an unlimited supply of poo bags."

Two out of my 3 poo when out but one not!

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

so sorry cas, lost one of mine in a car accident its not easy,take care x

By *orkieMan  over a year ago

Who knows

To the person in the quaint old mining village in the land that time forgot..... may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your arsehole and may your arms be too short to be able to reach and scratch the itch

"To the person in the quaint old mining village in the land that time forgot..... may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your arsehole and may your arms be too short to be able to reach and scratch the itch "
and may your balls go square and fester in the corners , so sorry caz i know you loved your cats

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I remember coming home to the same. Very sad

Hugs from our two beasties.

By *ll-Knight-longMan  over a year ago

Derby/Notts(Long Eaton)

Group hug for (((((((((Caz)))))))))

Some of the most blatant and pointless trolling I've ever seen. Hope you're proud of yourself.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

So sorry caz, big hugs from me and licks from my fluffbundles.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

Caz, so sorry for your loss.

I too lost a cat this way last August and luckily a friend saw him. He was still warm when I carried him home. My son and I were devastated, but he had a good life after we rescued him.

Hope your kitty is at peace, over the Rainbow bridge. Big hugs xxx

Deviant City

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

I keep coming onto this thread and onto Facebook and the lovely comments I'm getting keep setting me off crying again. It reminds me that even though there's a lot of people that I've never met, they have sympathy with my loss whether they've had similar lossses themselves. Without sounding like a complete tosser, I do consider myself blessed to have "online" and "real-life" friends who understand and empathise with my real feelings of grief at losing a much beloved pet who I considered my baby boy. THANK YOU XXX

Deviant City

Bang out of order that, why assume all cats shit in others gardens? All my 4 use the poo pit in the house, they'll be out playing, chasing butterflies and birds and come in for a poop!

And cats chase birds as its part of nature, just like my neighbours dogs chase my cats.

I have a garden full of birds, from all the tits (no sniggering you rude people !), to robins and bull finches. I have bird boxes and tables, yet my cats dont eat the birds, they'll just chase them.

Mice and shrews are a different matter, but I live next to a big pond and field, so my cats will hardly make them extinct.

Dont make assumptions.

Deviant City

"I keep coming onto this thread and onto Facebook and the lovely comments I'm getting keep setting me off crying again. It reminds me that even though there's a lot of people that I've never met, they have sympathy with my loss whether they've had similar lossses themselves. Without sounding like a complete tosser, I do consider myself blessed to have "online" and "real-life" friends who understand and empathise with my real feelings of grief at losing a much beloved pet who I considered my baby boy. THANK YOU XXX"

Your very welcome, all my cats are my babies, so fully understand xxx

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... "

Thank you. I've just copied that onto my facebook page while sobbing my heart out xxx

Deviant City

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Thank you. I've just copied that onto my facebook page while sobbing my heart out xxx

"

I believe my fur babies are over the rainbow, there is a facebook page caz. Will see if I can get the link xx

Thanks pussy, I've posted on the first one and requested to join the second xxxx

This is very sad.... I am a big cat lover and normally adopt mine from the cat rescue people..

Big hugs caz, and really sorry to hear about your dear cat xx Lucy xx

I don't have pets but my girls both have cats and they are there babies, i know if anything happened to them they would be devastated.

Sorry for your loss xx

"This is very sad.... I am a big cat lover and normally adopt mine from the cat rescue people..

Big hugs caz, and really sorry to hear about your dear cat xx Lucy xx"

Thank you Lucy (and all others who have posted) Zac came from RSPCA, he'd been found in a house with almost 40 other cats and was almost feral. He ended up in Barrow RSPCA cattery and it took some time to tame him. When I first saw him, he jumped into my arms and I fell in love with him there and then...he was quiet when we took him home but turned into the most affectionate little boy you would ever hope to have. I hope his bad start in life was over-ridden by being spoilt to death by me for the last 3 years! I will miss him so much, but will try to take pleasure in the fact that he was truly loved in this house

Set me off now

"This is very sad.... I am a big cat lover and normally adopt mine from the cat rescue people..

Thank you Lucy (and all others who have posted) Zac came from RSPCA, he'd been found in a house with almost 40 other cats and was almost feral. He ended up in Barrow RSPCA cattery and it took some time to tame him. When I first saw him, he jumped into my arms and I fell in love with him there and then...he was quiet when we took him home but turned into the most affectionate little boy you would ever hope to have. I hope his bad start in life was over-ridden by being spoilt to death by me for the last 3 years! I will miss him so much, but will try to take pleasure in the fact that he was truly loved in this house "

That's the way to look it! I used to take in the old cats that no one wanted, and made sure they spent their last few years enjoying their lives, I adopted one pair that had been kept in a rabbit hutch for six months!

"Set me off now "

If you're owt like me, it doesn't take much to set you off regarding misteated animals! It's too soon for me to definately decide, but fairly sure I'll end up with another cat from rescue, though what poor old Smudge (age 12) will think may influence my decision! To those thinking about getting a dog or cat, please consider rescue - they can be the most loving animals ever

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Caz,so sorry for your loss. Many years ago my first cat was hit , the vet wasn't sure what with. Its heartbreaking to lose a loved pet,

As for the unfeeling, uncalled for poster, , words fail me, well, they don't but I don't want a ban.

Sleep well Zac

Sorry for your loss OP, you have my most sincere condolences, I know you will be gutted in much the same way as I would be if it were one of my dogs but I'm sure you can see the point I'm making here ?

Some of the most blatant and pointless trolling I've ever seen. Hope you're proud of yourself."

It wasn't pointless and it wasn't trolling - it was my opinion, or am I only allowed an opinion if I agree with the opening post ?

I did sympathise with OP over her loss in case you hadn't noticed.

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Some of the most blatant and pointless trolling I've ever seen. Hope you're proud of yourself.

It wasn't pointless and it wasn't trolling - it was my opinion, or am I only allowed an opinion if I agree with the opening post ?

I did sympathise with OP over her loss in case you hadn't noticed."

There is a time and a place and following Caz's loss was noteither. If you have no respect at least have a heart

"It wasn't pointless and it wasn't trolling - it was my opinion, or am I only allowed an opinion if I agree with the opening post "

Everyone is allowed an opinion, although your opinion may not be right and may be questioned.

However most humans know when their 'opinion' should be aired, and insulting all cats and, by extension, cat owners on a post where someone is mourning the death of their cat is, shall we say, a tad heartless.

But you are correct to say that you can air that opinion all over the place. Just don't expect people to agree with you right now.

"To the person in the quaint old mining village in the land that time forgot..... may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your arsehole and may your arms be too short to be able to reach and scratch the itch "

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

You may have sympathisers, but only as a fleeting after thought. One of the great things about having a brain and being able to express our thoughts and opinions is knowing when and where to do it.

There is a cat vs dogs thread running currently, your thoughts on carts crapping everywhere etc would have been best suited there.

If this was a thread about a child dying would you accept someone posting 'one less screaming child in a restaurant, less smelly nappies to change etc'

There is a time and place for your opinion!

Caz, I am very sorry to hear of your loss, he sounds like a lovely cat and I am sure he will be missed. At least you had nice neighbors who took him to the vets.

"It wasn't pointless"

You're right, it wasn't pointless. You managed to do is upset the OP and several others. Congratulations.

"and it wasn't trolling"

Your post was designed to upset people and that's what you did. And that fits under the definition of trolling.

"it was my opinion, or am I only allowed an opinion if I agree with the opening post ?"

It wasn't an opinion, it was just a stupid, poorly-informed rant which displayed your astounding ignorance of domestic animals.

"I did sympathise with OP over her loss in case you hadn't noticed."

Yes, well done you.

We got adaopted by a cat that used to live a few doors away, and was being hounded by thier dog. She came in through the upstairs toilet window one day and made herself at home on the bed,.looked at us meowed as if to say, im here get over it snd promotly went back to sleep. Her old owners never questioned us or challenged us,.three years down the road fluffy arse still comes in through the toilet window and bollocks us, now to say wheres my food.

Thank you Lucy (and all others who have posted) Zac came from RSPCA, he'd been found in a house with almost 40 other cats and was almost feral. He ended up in Barrow RSPCA cattery and it took some time to tame him. When I first saw him, he jumped into my arms and I fell in love with him there and then...he was quiet when we took him home but turned into the most affectionate little boy you would ever hope to have. I hope his bad start in life was over-ridden by being spoilt to death by me for the last 3 years! I will miss him so much, but will try to take pleasure in the fact that he was truly loved in this house "

I got a cat from a rescue centre many years ago when I was married to my first wife. He was a tom cat and he had a deformed claw on one paw; it went sideways instead of in and out like a normal talon and he shredded anything he touched. The rescue centre were going to put him down as he was 12 weeks old and nobody wanted him. I couldn't allow that when all he needed was to have his claw clipped regularly so I took him home. He turned out to have such a great temperament and he was no bother at all.

When I split with my first wife I took him with me as he was very much my cat. I kept in the new house for two weeks to adjust and he damn near climbed the walls trying to get out. After two weeks I let him out and never saw him again. I don't know if he got lost or was killed, but I like to think of him living up to his name: Gulliver.

I hope he went travelling and found a new home somewhere.

By *exki11enWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

Caz, so, so sorry to hear this. A cat owner myself, I know how devastating it is when they go.

Big hugs to you. xxx

So sorry for your loss,have lost 3 of my girls due to ole age and illness, though as ive never let mine oot only under supervision from me..ie...in the garden when ive been there and none of them ever roamed ,id be devasted if any would have been run over its heartbreaking to see them at the roadside and I have to say its the only time I shed a tear(being a hard biatch takes a lot for tears to be shed) ...so glad your neighbours found him and brought him home...

huge hugs n sympathy.xx

R.I.P Zach

Caz, I'm so sorry hearing about Zac. Been there myself a year ago this week. Some kind soul (a complete stranger) picked up my big fluffy boy and took him to the vets. I asked on facebook if anyone had seen him after he hadn't been home all day, not like him. Almost immediately I got a response as to where he was. I went to see him, but the vet wouldn't let me look at my baby's face, as he'd been hit quite hard.

Call me daft, but I had him cremated (not the mass places the vets use) and I have him alongside my little old lady cats ashes - for me, it helped with the grieving process. The pet crem lady gave me the Rainbow Bridge poem, so lovely and made me cry when I read it here.

I now have another 2 bundles of madness, one rescue, and the last kitten from a litter that nobody wanted - time heals, its never too soon to get another kitty. You'll be giving another unfortunate a loving home x

"To the person in the quaint old mining village in the land that time forgot..... may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your arsehole and may your arms be too short to be able to reach and scratch the itch

"

That post was uncalled for and insensitive. The OP is clearly distraught over losing a much loved member of her family and that would have added to her distress.

Caz big hugs. I lost my beloved furbaby to a dreadful illness a few years ago and I was distraught. Just having a little weep over him now. X

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

put yourself in the OP's position, having lost one of your own pets..

then someone posts something so crass and insensitive..

be honest with yourself as to how you may feel in that position..

big hugz caz. I'd flip if mine got killed. Folk think i'm soft coz i dont let him out. But couldnt stand the thought of him gettin run over. even tho he spikes my toes in bed and attacks me when i get in coz he thinks it priority that he gets fed every half hr. little furry fuck.

what a load of skitter ! Never stood in any cat shit, never heard of kids being mauled by cats, never been kept up at night with cats 'barking' , never seen a cat chase sheep. Eh.

» Add a new message to this topic