FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > •— Letters ånd Postcards —•

•— Letters ånd Postcards —•

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eroLondon OP   Man 36 weeks ago

Mayfair

Dear gentlefolk of the fora, when was the last time you sent a hand-written note or letter? What became of the erstwhile charm of putting pen to paper - or a postcard - and writing a few meaningful words to a dear friend, lover or a relative?

Let's forgo with emails to the females, the Kik to cousin Rick, the WhatsApp to Von Trapp and the Telegram to Nan. Write a letter, you'll feel much better!

••••

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ps4funCouple 36 weeks ago

Bedfordshire

It's a very good idea Nero thank you

By *rHotNottsMan 36 weeks ago

Dubai

I’ve done a couple of books of ‘letters to open when…’ for little ones

Mayfair

"I’ve done a couple of books of ‘letters to open when…’ for little ones "

I look forward to your Aerogramme.

By *iny DelightWoman 36 weeks ago

City Centre

I'm sending a letter today with a gift but I can't honestly remember the last time I wrote one.

I write everyday for myself, I enjoy ink on paper and love cursive. There's something very therapeutic and romantic in writing.

I still have all the old love letters and notes I got sent in the past.

Sad it's becoming a dying art.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple 36 weeks ago

Manchester-ish

"Dear gentlefolk of the fora, when was the last time you sent a hand-written note or letter? What became of the erstwhile charm of putting pen to paper - or a postcard - and writing a few meaningful words to a dear friend, lover or a relative?

Let's forgo with emails to the females, the Kik to cousin Rick, the WhatsApp to Von Trapp and the Telegram to Nan. Write a letter, you'll feel much better!

••••"

This message was bought to you by

Big Paper™

Ink inc.

B

By *ookie46Woman 36 weeks ago

Deepest darkest Peru

I often leave hand written notes around for people to find at home or work with positive words just to make them smile ….

I still write to a friend in Australia, I always find I say so much more that way

By *aucasian GhandiMan 36 weeks ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

Last time I wrote a letter and sent it, was when I was in rehab in 2017, yiu have me thinking about how much more personal hand written is.

By *edeWoman 36 weeks ago

the abyss

I always write notes in birthday cards - especially to friends and more so since moving away from them all. I also like you leave little notes on colleagues desks now and then to make them smile

By (user no longer on site) 36 weeks ago

I've not sent or recieved one for a while but the last one I did receive was beautiful

"I always write notes in birthday cards - especially to friends and more so since moving away from them all. I also like you leave little notes on colleagues desks now and then to make them smile "

Those are such lovely things to do xx

Mayfair

"It's a very good idea Nero thank you"

Mayfair

"Last time I wrote a letter and sent it, was when I was in rehab in 2017, yiu have me thinking about how much more personal hand written is."

That must have been quite a thought-provoking and emotive letter.

"Last time I wrote a letter and sent it, was when I was in rehab in 2017, yiu have me thinking about how much more personal hand written is.

That must have been quite a thought-provoking and emotive letter. "

The letters written at the very start of that, were most certainly very emotive, however, as time went by and gut a little bit more accustomed to feeling feelings and emotions without a drug in me, the feelings and emotions started to settle a wee bit, although even 6.5 years down the line, they can still be hard to manage at times.

Mayfair

"I'm sending a letter today with a gift but I can't honestly remember the last time I wrote one.

I write everyday for myself, I enjoy ink on paper and love cursive. There's something very therapeutic and romantic in writing.

I still have all the old love letters and notes I got sent in the past.

Sad it's becoming a dying art."

Cursive writing in itself is a dying artform, but you are correct: letter writing in itself has been lost in the depths of time.

My writing is worse than most doctors so most can't read so my letters are mainly typed.

Last one I typed was never sent as it was everything I wanted to say to my dad.

Used to do letters to my mum

Mayfair

"I've not sent or recieved one for a while but the last one I did receive was beautiful "

I've heard that Mr RTG has the sharpest of quills and the richest of inks.

Mayfair

If you (hand) write a letter and then scan it before emailing it as an attachment, is that cheating?

By *atnip make me purrWoman 36 weeks ago

Reading

Not a clue was that long ago.

Mayfair

"Not a clue was that long ago. "

In a galaxy far far away in the distant quadrant...•°*

Mayfair

"Last time I wrote a letter and sent it, was when I was in rehab in 2017, yiu have me thinking about how much more personal hand written is.

The letters written at the very start of that, were most certainly very emotive, however, as time went by and gut a little bit more accustomed to feeling feelings and emotions without a drug in me, the feelings and emotions started to settle a wee bit, although even 6.5 years down the line, they can still be hard to manage at times. "

Thank you for this.

By *essicagraceWoman 36 weeks ago

birmingham

I often write lots when I give cards. But I would like to get in to writing and sending letters again. Thank you for your prompt Nero x

The letters written at the very start of that, were most certainly very emotive, however, as time went by and gut a little bit more accustomed to feeling feelings and emotions without a drug in me, the feelings and emotions started to settle a wee bit, although even 6.5 years down the line, they can still be hard to manage at times.

Thank you for this. "

No need to thank me Nero, it's just a part of my lifes journey is all..

By *aitonelMan 36 weeks ago

Liverpool/Wallasey

I won't feel better. I've never enjoyed hand writing.

My hand writing is shit, always has been and technology made it much worse.

The inability to correct myself on what I've written down frustrates me as my brain processes thoughts and situations as they translate to words at a much higher rate so the wrong thing often gets noted down, or incorrectly and poorly worded with zero chance of me being able to correct cleanly.

I get anxious writing things down. It's stressful.

By *BootyfulDayWoman 36 weeks ago

I love sending and receiving letters! I am late at sending a couple so need to get the pen and paper out! But it’s such a cute way to communicate it’s super awkward asking for folks addresses though haha trying to convince them you’re not a weirdo during lockdown I tried to send lots out as a wee thinking of you

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan 36 weeks ago

Den of Iniquity

"I love sending and receiving letters! I am late at sending a couple so need to get the pen and paper out! But it’s such a cute way to communicate it’s super awkward asking for folks addresses though haha trying to convince them you’re not a weirdo during lockdown I tried to send lots out as a wee thinking of you "

Oooh my address is ......

"I won't feel better. I've never enjoyed hand writing.

The inability to correct myself on what I've written down frustrates me as my brain processes thoughts and situations as they translate to words at a much higher rate so the wrong thing often gets noted down, or incorrectly and poorly worded with zero chance of me being able to correct cleanly.

I get anxious writing things down. It's stressful. "

To be fair my hand writing is terrible and if I have a glass of wine while writing you can slowly see it getting worse

"I love sending and receiving letters! I am late at sending a couple so need to get the pen and paper out! But it’s such a cute way to communicate it’s super awkward asking for folks addresses though haha trying to convince them you’re not a weirdo during lockdown I tried to send lots out as a wee thinking of you

Oooh my address is ...... "

Grumpy

Northampton

Would the postman not find you with that?

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan 36 weeks ago

Den of Iniquity

"I love sending and receiving letters! I am late at sending a couple so need to get the pen and paper out! But it’s such a cute way to communicate it’s super awkward asking for folks addresses though haha trying to convince them you’re not a weirdo during lockdown I tried to send lots out as a wee thinking of you

Oooh my address is ......

Grumpy

Northampton

Would the postman not find you with that? "

Probably tbf

By *ovetolick78Man 36 weeks ago

The Shire

I used to leave postit notes with little messages on for my ex round her house.

By *aitonelMan 36 weeks ago

Liverpool/Wallasey

"I won't feel better. I've never enjoyed hand writing.

I get anxious writing things down. It's stressful. "

I will add to this

I do appreciate the thought and care and effort that a hand written letter displays as a "gift"

By *dmundwilsonMan 36 weeks ago

Llandudno

Often write letters.

Sometimes send a bix aling with emphemera too.

Mayfair

"I often write lots when I give cards. But I would like to get in to writing and sending letters again. Thank you for your prompt Nero x"

Consider it a gentle reminder with pepperings of subtle persuasions.

» Add a new message to this topic