FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Family friendly recipes

Family friendly recipes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittleRed18 OP   Woman 36 weeks ago

Aberdeen

Hey everyone!

So I work as a nanny and I am looking to refresh some options for the recipes that I cook for their evening meals. Does anyone have any suggestions of their favourites that are a hit with both the little ones and big ones in their family?

N.B Nothing too spicy (the chilli con carne, that can feed 8, I make for them with half teaspoon cayenne and half teaspoon smoked paprika is more than enough for these kiddos)

Bonus - points if it takes less than 20 minutes to prep/cook or it is shoved in the slow cooker

TIA guys

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 36 weeks ago

Shepherds pie or Lasagne are usually a whole family pleaser.

I'm.pretty good at beans on toast lol

By *ontWannaMissASwingCouple 36 weeks ago

Bristol

Have a look at pinch of nom campfire stew. That can go in slow cooker or oven, always seems to make loads and not spicy.

By *emorefridaCouple 36 weeks ago

La la land

Cheese and potato pie and macaroni cheese are a favourite with the kids here.

By *mma1973Woman 36 weeks ago

graffiti bridge

Stew

Meatballs and pasta

Pasta bakes

Pulled pork in apple juice

Aberdeen

Thanks guys! These are all great and already love a lot of these!

Aberdeen

"Stew

Meatballs and pasta

Pasta bakes

Pulled pork in apple juice"

Any particular pasta bakes? Any specific recipes/flavours?

By *mma1973Woman 36 weeks ago

graffiti bridge

"Stew

Meatballs and pasta

Pasta bakes

Pulled pork in apple juice

Any particular pasta bakes? Any specific recipes/flavours? "

In a rush I use sausages (cooked), bacon(cooked), garlic, passata, Italian seasoning, balsamic, heat in a pan. Pour over cooked pasta. Throw on grated cheese and chuck in the oven to melt the cheese.

Substitute meat for any veg that needs using up.

Just get inventive with it

Serve with salad and garlic bread

By *apidaryMan 36 weeks ago

Chipping Norton

Vegetable gratins are endlessly variable, quick & delicious. And I don't mean delicious as in 'they're veggie and you should eat them because they're morally good for you', I mean it as in 'you'll bloody love them'. For example, mince up courgettes (however you fancy), mix with some bread / breadcrumbs / cooked rice, herbs, eggs, cheese, stick it in a baking dish, perhaps some cream or milk or stock, then more cheese on top and shove the thing in the oven.

Spag bol

Sausage casserole and I throw whatever I have in a roasting dish

Soup, I use loads of veggies, today I put noodles in and chicken. For the kids I blitz, for me I ate it chunky. I sprinkle parmesan on top.

Another top tip was different veggies, caugette, pepper, mushrooms,onion, tomatoes and broccoli for eg. Put in roasting dish with bacon or chicken, feta cheese, pesto, olive oil, season and roast. Then after 20/30min bring it out, slightly mush then serve on some salad.

Pasta, broccoli, spring onions, peas, bacon all fried in butter. stir in creme fresh when done then serve with pasta. Add salt and pepper too.

By *amantha_JadeWoman 36 weeks ago

Newcastle

Corned beef hotpot (I use corned beef, thinly sliced potatoes and onions layered in a dish, then pour over a jug of gravy with some tomato purée mixed in, bake for about 30mins)

Ham and cheese pastries (using ready made puff pastry and could even be fun to make with the kids) - serve with peas, beans or salad.

Cheats fish pies (fish fingers mixed with cheese sauce and some peas, topped with mash)

Pulled chicken loaded fries (poach chicken breasts for 15mins and shred, mix with BBQ sauce, serve on top of skin on chips, add grated cheese and spring onion - could add peppers, mushrooms if the kids will eat them)

Chicken Fajitas (using the poached shedded chicken, add peppers, onions, mushrooms, sweetcorn etc and could just use paprika if they don’t like spice. When serving, add lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, grated cheese)

Pitta pizzas

Soup and dumplings

» Add a new message to this topic