FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Subconscious anxiety

Subconscious anxiety

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    27 weeks ago

I had a massive anxiety attack this evening to the point I thought I was having a heart attack. Never felt anything like this before. Went into A&E to find out what the hell just happened. Now I have had a few problems of late with my mental health, especially last year but I thought I had overcome all of that. That's why I have been fairly active in here over the past couple of months because I thought I was in a good place again. Apparently not.

I told all the above to the Dr in A&E and he said it could possibly be a subconscious thing. Just goes to show that sometimes even when you feel like you are in a good place you might not be.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple 27 weeks ago

Southampton

Hugs xx

"Hugs xx"

Thank you. The brain is a funny thing at times.

Southampton

"Hugs xx

Thank you. The brain is a funny thing at times."

Tell me about it

By *naswingdressWoman 27 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Oh that's awful. I'm so sorry.

"Oh that's awful. I'm so sorry."

Well, I suppose search for the good in the bad, it wasn't an actual heart attack.

By *naswingdressWoman 27 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, definitely. You can learn how to manage it better, now you know.

"Yes, definitely. You can learn how to manage it better, now you know."

Well I have a councillor already. I suffered badly with a cancer diagnosis of a few years ago and I took it VERY badly and again when it reared its ugly head a year ago.

Southampton

"Yes, definitely. You can learn how to manage it better, now you know.

Well I have a councillor already. I suffered badly with a cancer diagnosis of a few years ago and I took it VERY badly and again when it reared its ugly head a year ago.

"

Not surprising, that's a hell of a lot to deal with x

Not surprising, that's a hell of a lot to deal with x"

Nah not really, I turned.im to a real dick head.

Strange thing is, over the years I have coped with alot of shit (won't go in to it here) but when I was told I had cancer it turned me into a real dick head. I have made a lot of apologies since for my behaviour during that time.

Southampton

Strange thing is, over the years I have coped with alot of shit (won't go in to it here) but when I was told I had cancer it turned me into a real dick head. I have made a lot of apologies since for my behaviour during that time."

Do you think that may be where some of your anxiety stems from? Regret from past behavior?

By *penbicoupleCouple 27 weeks ago

Northampton

Sorry to hear that, OP.

You can still be in a good place and have an anxiety attack. I hope they told you that?

Did they give you any strategies or exercises to use? If not, I'd recommend 'The Anxiety Guide' by Graham Old.

"Sorry to hear that, OP.

You can still be in a good place and have an anxiety attack. I hope they told you that?

Did they give you any strategies or exercises to use? If not, I'd recommend 'The Anxiety Guide' by Graham Old. "

The reason I freaked out was because I thought I was in a good place. It was the Dr who said it be a subconscious thing.

I plan to speak to my GP as well in the morning.

Strange thing is, over the years I have coped with alot of shit (won't go in to it here) but when I was told I had cancer it turned me into a real dick head. I have made a lot of apologies since for my behaviour during that time.

Do you think that may be where some of your anxiety stems from? Regret from past behavior? "

Certainly a part of it. Especially when some of it was directed at a wonderful woman I met in here under my old profile. Strangely she sent me a wink earlier tonight. She obviously doesn't know it's me. I saw the wink after I got back from the hospital so I know it wasn't that.

By *ersiantugMan 27 weeks ago

Cardiff

Serious stress and anxiety can bring on all kinds of things, especially as you get older but the young are at risk too. If it's sustained then at worse it can kill you quickly, at best it effects your general health and chips away at your your longevity. Stress is a killer.

pt

By *ella chowMan 27 weeks ago

Bradford

I suffer very badly with stress and anxiety, losing my mum this year really hasn't helped, and i still work over 60 hrs plus aweek like i have for the past 12 to 15 years but seriously thinking of cutting my working hours down to something like 10 to 15 per week.

Because being a carer on top of my working hrs just leaves me tired and drained and probably a big factor in my mental health.

When i try talking to mate's they just don't seem to get it. Am currently on a list for a councillor and 150 mg a day depressant.

By *use and wolfCouple 27 weeks ago

angus

Are you Neurodivergent at all?

i am and i only found out as lockdown lifted. i have become adept at masking my emotions and even my confidence isn't real lol

Bradford

Am not sure but something to look into.evan when covid lockdowns started i would que in long queues at supermarket and get shopping for friends and family and leave everything on the doorstep just so it gave me something to do and i would do this 3 to 6 times a day.

And no I've still not had my covid injections and been covid free.

By *edeWoman 27 weeks ago

the abyss

The brain is a twat that likes to cause you problems out of nowhere. Be gentle with yourself

By *imi_RougeWoman 27 weeks ago

Portsmouth

I find it can just come out of nowhere, for seemingly no reason! It's horrible!

Northampton

"Sorry to hear that, OP.

Did they give you any strategies or exercises to use? If not, I'd recommend 'The Anxiety Guide' by Graham Old.

---

The reason I freaked out was because I thought I was in a good place. It was the Dr who said it be a subconscious thing. "

I think it's possible you may have mis-read my earlier comment.

What I was asking was how do you know you are not still in a good place? Does an anxiety attack automatically mean you are not in a good place any more?

Bradford

"I suffer very badly with stress and anxiety, losing my mum this year really hasn't helped, and i still work over 60 hrs plus aweek like i have for the past 12 to 15 years but seriously thinking of cutting my working hours down to something like 10 to 15 per week.

Because being a carer on top of my working hrs just leaves me tired and drained and probably a big factor in my mental health.

When i try talking to mate's they just don't seem to get it. Am currently on a list for a councillor and 150 mg a day depressant.

"

Having a very very bad couple of day's at the moment possibly from a lack of sleep only getting about 3hours in total from last 2 nights and day's

By *eliciousDiva69Woman 27 weeks ago

Schitts Creek

I had something similar a few years ago, I didn’t go to A&E but I was on the motorway and thought I was having a heart attack. I do a lot of mindfulness activities now, even when I don’t think I’m anxious and it helps me reset my energy levels. Have you done any mindfulness OP?

"I had something similar a few years ago, I didn’t go to A&E but I was on the motorway and thought I was having a heart attack. I do a lot of mindfulness activities now, even when I don’t think I’m anxious and it helps me reset my energy levels. Have you done any mindfulness OP?"

I have tried mindfulness but I never feel relaxed when doing it. I cannot switch off what ever is going on in my head.

"Sorry to hear that, OP.

---

The reason I freaked out was because I thought I was in a good place. It was the Dr who said it be a subconscious thing.

I think it's possible you may have mis-read my earlier comment.

What I was asking was how do you know you are not still in a good place? Does an anxiety attack automatically mean you are not in a good place any more?"

That is a good point I have never thought about it like that. I would have thought the anxiety attack would indicate there is something going on that I'm not immediately aware of.

Again good point.

"I find it can just come out of nowhere, for seemingly no reason! It's horrible!

"

It was horrible it felt like I was having a bloody heart attack.

By *eliciousDiva69Woman 27 weeks ago

Schitts Creek

"I had something similar a few years ago, I didn’t go to A&E but I was on the motorway and thought I was having a heart attack. I do a lot of mindfulness activities now, even when I don’t think I’m anxious and it helps me reset my energy levels. Have you done any mindfulness OP?

I have tried mindfulness but I never feel relaxed when doing it. I cannot switch off what ever is going on in my head."

Guided meditation can help - but you have to find one with a voice soothing enough for you (some of them just make me want to slap someone in the face ), but mostly these days I’ll spend time doodling or colouring some random shit in like a child - gives me time to focus on my own thoughts or not (sometimes I do and other times I just go off into my own little reverie)

"I had something similar a few years ago, I didn’t go to A&E but I was on the motorway and thought I was having a heart attack. I do a lot of mindfulness activities now, even when I don’t think I’m anxious and it helps me reset my energy levels. Have you done any mindfulness OP?

I have tried mindfulness but I never feel relaxed when doing it. I cannot switch off what ever is going on in my head.

Guided meditation can help - but you have to find one with a voice soothing enough for you (some of them just make me want to slap someone in the face ), but mostly these days I’ll spend time doodling or colouring some random shit in like a child - gives me time to focus on my own thoughts or not (sometimes I do and other times I just go off into my own little reverie)"

I will look into that. I'm sick of focusing on my own thoughts. One of things that has helped in the past is just talking absolute trash with friends. Just random funny bullshit.

Northampton

I have tried mindfulness but I never feel relaxed when doing it. I cannot switch off what ever is going on in my head."

I don't know what's available where you are, but you might benefit more from a course, or group or sessions lead by someone else.

I only say this because if it is taught well, you don't need to feel relaxed, or switch off your mind during mindfulness training.

Might be worth seeing if there is any 'Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy,' or 'Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction' near you.

By *ourmanMan 27 weeks ago

Belper

Have had similar problems recently, Anxiety , Panic attacks , caused through stress was homeless and sofa surfing , not living the healthiest life style either , so can empathise with you, Always send me a message if you ever feel.like chatting

» Add a new message to this topic