FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Good old Boris Johnson

Good old Boris Johnson

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orkshiremonkey1 OP   Man  over a year ago

Worksop

Just heard on the news that the loopy git in the mayors office of London has declared a week long celebration of the English patron saint, St. George...... about bloody time too. The other home countries all mark their national days so isn't it about time we did too?

Thoughts anyone?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Good for him!!!

I got dragged out on St Patricks night to party by hubby so I can take him out to party on St Georges day, but I bet it won't be nowhere near as busy!

By *orkshiremonkey1 OP   Man  over a year ago

Worksop

"Good for him!!!

I got dragged out on St Patricks night to party by hubby so I can take him out to party on St Georges day, but I bet it won't be nowhere near as busy!

"

I agree with the busy thing but the events are suposed to be free...... bet it's only in London and will only be the first time !!!!

Forum Mod

That does'nt mean that other towns can't join in though

A couple of years ago one of the pubs in our town went all out to celebrate and even had Morris Dancers,which i thought was a great idea

In Scotland, vast majority of people couldn't even tell you who our patron saint is.

As for celebrating his day. Forget it, its just another day up here.

Now Robert Burns, that is something completely different.

"In Scotland, vast majority of people couldn't even tell you who our patron saint is.

"

Ay man.. good ol Robbie Burns

A sexist pig.. a womaniser and a great poet too...

Top Man for sure lol...

Forum Mod

"In Scotland, vast majority of people couldn't even tell you who our patron saint is.

Ay man.. good ol Robbie Burns

A sexist pig.. a womaniser and a great poet too...

Top Man for sure lol..."

Hey hows ya white bits? hehehe

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ooooh can i dress as a dragon and blow fire at everyone lol.

I think its a great idea, after all st patricks day and st davids day have been celebrated for many a time.

Funny i can tell you when st davids day and st patricks day is without a thought yet i always have to think when st georges day is and havent a clue when st andrews day isxx

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

Bet you most Scotsmen cant tell you when ST Andrews day is.

(30th November)

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

Well St George wasnt actually english he was roman. George was born to a Christian noble family during the late third century between about 275 AD and 285 AD, in Lydda, Palestine. His father Geronzio was a Roman army official from Cappadocia and his mother was from Palestine.

But what is important is that as we have less public holidays than our European friends its time we had more days off !!!

So good on ya Boris ,,,lets turn it into a religeous holiday along with Rememberance day for all the people lost in the hundreds of wars we have fought..might start to be a bit more equal then !!

"Well St George wasnt actually english he was roman. George was born to a Christian noble family during the late third century between about 275 AD and 285 AD, in Lydda, Palestine. His father Geronzio was a Roman army official from Cappadocia and his mother was from Palestine.

But what is important is that as we have less public holidays than our European friends its time we had more days off !!!

So good on ya Boris ,,,lets turn it into a religeous holiday along with Rememberance day for all the people lost in the hundreds of wars we have fought..might start to be a bit more equal then !!"

I didnt realize rememberance day was a religious day. I thought it was a day to remember all those that died in the war serving our country.

I dont do religion but i do do awareness, celebrations and rememberance

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

"Well St George wasnt actually english he was roman. George was born to a Christian noble family during the late third century between about 275 AD and 285 AD, in Lydda, Palestine. His father Geronzio was a Roman army official from Cappadocia and his mother was from Palestine.

So good on ya Boris ,,,lets turn it into a religeous holiday along with Rememberance day for all the people lost in the hundreds of wars we have fought..might start to be a bit more equal then !!

I didnt realize rememberance day was a religious day. I thought it was a day to remember all those that died in the war serving our country.

I dont do religion but i do do awareness, celebrations and rememberance"

nahh what i mean is we need more public holidays and a remeberance day ...would be a good one i reckon

I dont do religion but i do do awareness, celebrations and rememberance

nahh what i mean is we need more public holidays and a remeberance day ...would be a good one i reckon "

well i do agree with that, they have lots of public holidays in belguim

» Add a new message to this topic