FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sexually compatible or not

Sexually compatible or not

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    18 weeks ago

How important is sex to you, do you have to be sexually compatible to make a relationship work or is it only a part of a relationship?

If sex is important and your partner, the love of your life, was no longer able to partake for whatever reason, maybe medical, what would you do?

For me it’s a part of it, I can go without easily, if I was with someone and they could no longer “do it” there are so many other things you can do.

If they lost interest all together and we spoke about it, sourced counselling etc the honest answer is I don’t know what I’d do

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oody BMan 18 weeks ago

Mcr. - The Gilded Palace of Sin

I’d cross that bridge if we came to it.

By *orthern StarsCouple 18 weeks ago

Corrajelo,Spain, Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

We would find a compromise where we both were happy. It isn't fair to automatically expect your partner to not have a sex life because you either can't or don't want to.

By *stellaWoman 18 weeks ago

London

It’s important to me.

If I was in a loving relationship where my partner no longer wanted to, I’d already be able to explore that element elsewhere as I’m a relationship anarchist and not seeking monogamy.

By *ora the explorerWoman 18 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

If they lost interest in sex I wouldn’t go to counselling. If they don’t want me they don’t want me. I wouldn’t want them in that way anymore

By *acksparrow99Man 18 weeks ago

Canary Wharf, London

Sex is an important part of my life and I would not be able to go without it. I would move on.

By *ora the explorerWoman 18 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

"Sex is an important part of my life and I would not be able to go without it. I would move on. "

That’s easier said. I really don’t think you can know unless you are or have been in that situation. As with most things.

By *mf123Man 18 weeks ago

the space between spaces

I like lego but sticklebricks will do

By *rLordMan 18 weeks ago

Swadlincote

It's hard when it happens, medical reasons for my wife's loss of interest.

But play alone now , her knowing of course

By *ealitybitesMan 18 weeks ago

Belfast

Sex has never been a vital part of my life and still isn't.

I've gone 10 years with no sexual contact at all.

I've been here nearly 8 years and never once acted like a child in a sweet shop.

I'm still extremely fussy who I choose to get naked with. Emphasis on the word "choose".

I don't have sex just for the sake of it and never have done.

I think that for me it’s the definition of sex.

If you’re talking intercourse as meaning sex.

Maybe intimacy is a better way of looking at it. There’s a lot that can be done without actual “penetration or even with help from the that.

I guess it is also more of a “mental thing” as in you no longer find them sexually attractive.

So I could live without actual penetration but not without touch and intimacy

By (user no longer on site) 18 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 29/01/24 07:59:35]

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 18 weeks ago

Leeds

It's important to me but there's far more important things in a long term relationship it wouldn't be the be all and end all, there's other things that can be done and compromise that can be made.

As long as communication is open it would be fine.

Mrs

[Removed by poster at 29/01/24 08:00:21]

By *ymAndIcedCoffeeWoman 18 weeks ago

Worcester

I'm ethically non-monogamous so I could probably make it work if they could no longer have sex any more.

If they didn't want to have sex with me because they didn't fancy me anymore then that would be a deal-breaker.

By *oody BMan 18 weeks ago

Mcr. - The Gilded Palace of Sin

"Sex is an important part of my life and I would not be able to go without it. I would move on. "

The loving commitment is strong with you isnt it?

I’m in that predicament now, happily married for years. Due to cancer treatment and going through change, has put an end to our sex life. She can’t have hrt or anything like that.

By *avandPennyCouple 18 weeks ago

Wigan

Compatibility will always change during a relationship. Tiredness, health, stress, shift patterns, kids and a million other things effect drive and desire. What we both do though is recognise when we are off our game and make sure the other doesn't suffer as a result. Sometimes that can be telling the other to masturbate or just helping the other to get off with oral/hands. It never lasts long and we are back to the filthy fuck times.

Faithful people on fab..

They want to bed hop,shag anything with legs and pussy.

Some want married wifes.. Everyone is different.

By *ymAndIcedCoffeeWoman 18 weeks ago

Worcester

"I’m in that predicament now, happily married for years. Due to cancer treatment and going through change, has put an end to our sex life. She can’t have hrt or anything like that. "

It's great that you have found a solution that you're both happy with. I'm sure that you're going above and beyond to make sure she's not feeling crappy about you being here with her consent.

By *atnip make me purrWoman 18 weeks ago

Reading

I would.seek a solution with my partner. I think if we were still.intimate kissing etc I could get by with my wand. if even that goes then yes i would seek it elsewhere with the blessing of my partner.

I think that maybe I am naive, I love to see that sparkle in their eye, their body react to a touch.

I also need chat, not just sexual, but something that makes my mind spin a little.

I don’t want to feel life becomes a “chore” when with someone, yes life can get in the way, but try and remember that initial attraction and spark.

So yes probably naive or a dreamer that comparability, for me, is more than sex. If I looked at me now compared to 30 years ago or even 10 years ago well let’s just say I have started to like a fry up more

So yes, it’s a complete “package” for me

By *acksparrow99Man 18 weeks ago

Canary Wharf, London

"Sex is an important part of my life and I would not be able to go without it. I would move on.

The loving commitment is strong with you isnt it? "

Fucked enough women in all kinds of relationships to know commitment is a temporary thing.

By *red333Man 18 weeks ago

Dorchester

If they lost interest in sex i would have to have counselling

By *parkle1974Woman 18 weeks ago

Leeds

Sex has so many forms. I would still be happy with them even if we couldn't have penetrative sex (there are plenty of possibilities still available).

If it was due to them not being interested in me anymore then that's a whole different kettle of fish. We'd talk, try find out what the issue is and make a decision as to what happens going forward x

By *inaTitzTV/TS 18 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

It does help

By *arlot o scaraWoman 18 weeks ago

Hell

Sex is an important part of life, but a partner losing their sex drive is often symptomatic of other problems - that’s the part that lots of people just don’t seem to understand

By *icecouple561Couple 18 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

In a long relationship you're going to encounter all sorts of problems. Some can be resolved to the satisfaction of both and some can't. The strength of the relationship has more influence on whether the partners can live with any lack of resolution rather than sexual compatibility.

Dorchester

"Sex has so many forms. I would still be happy with them even if we couldn't have penetrative sex (there are plenty of possibilities still available).

If it was due to them not being interested in me anymore then that's a whole different kettle of fish. We'd talk, try find out what the issue is and make a decision as to what happens going forward x"

How could anyone not be interested in you

By *eroLondonMan 18 weeks ago

Mayfair

"Faithful people on fab..

They want to bed hop, shag anything with legs and pussy.

Some want married wifes.. Everyone is different."

Faithless people on Fab..

They want to bed hop,shag anything with legs and cock.

Some want married husbands.. Everyone is different.

Leeds

"Sex has so many forms. I would still be happy with them even if we couldn't have penetrative sex (there are plenty of possibilities still available).

If it was due to them not being interested in me anymore then that's a whole different kettle of fish. We'd talk, try find out what the issue is and make a decision as to what happens going forward xHow could anyone not be interested in you "

Cos I'm almost 50, boobs are at my knees and I've more wrinkles than an old man's ball sack

By *erdyCurvyInkedPervyWoman 18 weeks ago

West Yorkshire

"How important is sex to you, do you have to be sexually compatible to make a relationship work or is it only a part of a relationship?

If sex is important and your partner, the love of your life, was no longer able to partake for whatever reason, maybe medical, what would you do?

For me it’s a part of it, I can go without easily, if I was with someone and they could no longer “do it” there are so many other things you can do.

If they lost interest all together and we spoke about it, sourced counselling etc the honest answer is I don’t know what I’d do "

My husband and I don't have sex. He us asexual and much prefers being intimate in other ways. I do miss sex with him because I fancy the pants offa him but our relationship is much more than sex. He's a good man, an excellent father to my children, a good provider. He makes me happy, and I him. We have loads of shared experiences and have been through several difficult times, and come out the other side stronger, together. We have a lot of fun. There's lots of cuddles, hand holding, kissing. I love him dearly and we have a good life together. We just don't have sex.

I get that need fulfilled elsewhere.

Dorchester

If it was due to them not being interested in me anymore then that's a whole different kettle of fish. We'd talk, try find out what the issue is and make a decision as to what happens going forward xHow could anyone not be interested in you

Cos I'm almost 50, boobs are at my knees and I've more wrinkles than an old man's ball sack "

really i never noticed

Leeds

If it was due to them not being interested in me anymore then that's a whole different kettle of fish. We'd talk, try find out what the issue is and make a decision as to what happens going forward xHow could anyone not be interested in you

Cos I'm almost 50, boobs are at my knees and I've more wrinkles than an old man's ball sack really i never noticed "

Distraction techniques work wonders

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 18 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

I'm happily poly. I don't need any one person to fill every need. And that's how I like things to be

By *erdyCurvyInkedPervyWoman 18 weeks ago

West Yorkshire

"I'm happily poly. I don't need any one person to fill every need. And that's how I like things to be "

Yes, this too!

By *eroLondonMan 18 weeks ago

Mayfair

Sex and intimacy is very important to me in a relationship, and inherently intrinsic for it to thrive (for me). My relationship wavered and eventually failed to thrive which lead to the disintegration of our compatibilities.

Intimacy is important to me. I wouldn't be here otherwise.

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple 18 weeks ago

kent

Sex is important to me, but less so than love and commitment. If you stay with someone for long enough, you will encounter all kinds of difficulties, emotional and physical and financial, and all of these things can impact your sex life. If you’re prepared to walk away when things change, it was never love to begin with. Sharing your life with someone means being there when things become difficult. I would even say, you don’t even know if it’s love until things go wrong. So no, I don’t want to live without sex, and at the moment I don’t have to, as we are both free to meet others if we wish, but if our circumstances were to change, I would definitely choose Ailsa over my sex life.

Leeds

Sorry to go off tangent but for those saying sex is important to them.....

What if it were you who couldn't have sex?

Just curious x

Dorchester

"Sorry to go off tangent but for those saying sex is important to them.....

Just curious x"

omg is their a voluntary euthanasia option

Just curious x"

This is my point, if you were with someone for years or months and something happened where they couldn’t have sex, most probably medically related, would people end that relationship on those grounds or seek alternate ways to pleasure each other

Clearly sex is important to people on Fab! I wouldn't want to be in a relationship (again) where we were sexually incompatible. It's important to me. I'd like an ENM relationship from the start where both of us can meet sexual needs from others as needed.

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman 18 weeks ago

Somewhere else

Just curious xomg is their a voluntary euthanasia option "

I’ll take you to Switzerland, Fred.

Dorchester

Just curious xomg is their a voluntary euthanasia option

I’ll take you to Switzerland, Fred."

really i love Switzerland

Leeds

I’ll take you to Switzerland, Fred."

I've booked his ticket

By *icecouple561Couple 18 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Just curious x

This is my point, if you were with someone for years or months and something happened where they couldn’t have sex, most probably medically related, would people end that relationship on those grounds or seek alternate ways to pleasure each other "

Seem alternate ways to pleasure each other.

There's a whole lot of emotions tied up in the actual act of penetration though. Far more than you realise. That's the difficult thing to navigate rather than the practicalities

Somewhere else

I’ll take you to Switzerland, Fred.really i love Switzerland "

We’ll go skiing first, maybe you’ll do the Sonny Bono move and the next stop on the itinerary won’t be necessary

Somewhere else

iT’s A sEx sItE

Sex for me in a relationship is a must. Mr J feels the same way.

Miss S x

Dorchester

I’ll take you to Switzerland, Fred.

I've booked his ticket "

Dorchester

I’ll take you to Switzerland, Fred.really i love Switzerland

We’ll go skiing first, maybe you’ll do the Sonny Bono move and the next stop on the itinerary won’t be necessary "

i can ski but don't go anywhere cold usually I've been up mount eiger mind

By *ectarofthegodsWoman 18 weeks ago

West Mids

[Removed by poster at 29/01/24 11:10:03]

By *ectarofthegodsWoman 18 weeks ago

West Mids

It depends on the reason, if they can't due to health reasons or if they have a low sex drive then it's not an issue at all. Sex has never been that important to me, I could easily go without it.

By *a LunaWoman 18 weeks ago

Wales

It depends really. If I felt loved and I loved them then I would manage getting by on cuddles and kisses etc.

Sex is important to me and I enjoy it. A lot. I’d also like a fella who enjoys doing it with me a lot.

But if I loved and adored them and they were unable to do the sex due to illness or whatnot then I’d just have a rub more often.

If I felt they were getting their sexual needs met elsewhere and were just playing me off then they’d get the elbow.

By *MisschiefxTV/TS 18 weeks ago

London

"How important is sex to you, do you have to be sexually compatible to make a relationship work or is it only a part of a relationship?

"

It's important but not the be all and end all. Having a mental connection is far more important to me

It's very important for me. Yes I'm a lovely guy with lots going for me, but I need to know that I'm sexually desirable. There's no relationship without that confirmatory sex. A friendship yes. Peck on cheek and 'holding the distance' hug.

I'd have to live on memories if sex could not happen. But if I couldn't have sex for some reason, and a person still wanted to stay/be with me, I'd do everything I could with what I had available to me.... which might be enough. But if there was something clearly missing, like an erect penis, I would want them to go and get it elsewhere, without shame or judgement. If they didn't want to stay with me, I'd understand. Knowing that we are sexually desirable is too important a part of the human condition.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman 18 weeks ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Do you mean penetration or all sexual activity?

Before joining fab I could happily be in a sexless relationship, nowadays, not a chance, I'd end it and walk, I don't need the penetration part, but I desperately need the sensual part and choose not to live without it.

By *erkshire8299Man 18 weeks ago

slough

Snogging and fumbling around on the sofa can be as much fun as sex...intimacy is the mwin thing.

By *sWyldWoman 18 weeks ago

Edinburgh

It's important to me but so is chemistry, affection, matched effort, good communication, mutual respect and honesty.

For a relationship to work, I need all of those things.

Sexual compatability is important but it can also improve with time too.

By *ecky and justCouple 18 weeks ago

Godalming

Having been in a previous marriage where all intimacy of any kind stopped, the basics of the marriage stopped as well.

Trying to cope with it caused more harm to both sides and it was easier to end the relationship. (Safer for my sanity as well)

» Add a new message to this topic