FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > can a shampoo

can a shampoo

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icecouple561 OP   Couple 14 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Really reconstruct hair at a molecular level and what does that actually mean?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *a LunaWoman 14 weeks ago

Southern Wales

I don’t think so. I think it’s just marketing guff to sound good.

That said I slather my hair in Castor Oil so what do I know?

By *obilebottomMan 14 weeks ago

All over

It's a mindfield. Just like toothpastes of face creams and the like. Mostly the placebo effect

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I just saw an advert claiming that it can.

Does castor oil make a good conditioner?

By *rixie_BlondeWoman 14 weeks ago

London (She/ Her)

I think olaplex can. Lightening weakens and destroys the molecular bonds within the hair, hence blonde hair traditionally needing to be short and so many tales about bleached hair cracking and flaking off.

Olaplex helps the bonds to rebuild. Peeps says “it’s awful, my hair was so dry!” That’s cos olaplex isn’t moisturising it’s rebuilding. Those of us who need it see the difference olaplex makes!

This is my understanding as a non-hair-scientist

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"It's a mindfield. Just like toothpastes of face creams and the like. Mostly the placebo effect "

Are advertisers allowed to make such claims?

By *heel markMan 14 weeks ago

beside the sea

I'm sure if a product claims to do something it has to actually live up to its claims. It would be false advertising otherwise.

By *emorefridaCouple 14 weeks ago

La la land

If it could surely you could reconstruct it at a molecular level to change colour and then no need to dye it?

Funny how both hair and nails are made of the same kind of stuff, but we never need to molecular reconstruct nails.

By *a LunaWoman 14 weeks ago

Southern Wales

"I just saw an advert claiming that it can.

Does castor oil make a good conditioner? "

You wouldn’t think so if you looked at my hair! But I’m experimenting and it’s early days.

By *rixie_BlondeWoman 14 weeks ago

London (She/ Her)

If your hair is towel dry but still damp then yes, the oil helps to seal the moisture into the hair. Castor oil is quite a hard core way to do it though and you may need to wash it out after

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I think olaplex can. Lightening weakens and destroys the molecular bonds within the hair, hence blonde hair traditionally needing to be short and so many tales about bleached hair cracking and flaking off.

Olaplex helps the bonds to rebuild. Peeps says “it’s awful, my hair was so dry!” That’s cos olaplex isn’t moisturising it’s rebuilding. Those of us who need it see the difference olaplex makes!

This is my understanding as a non-hair-scientist "

My hairdresser uses olaplex on my hair, it makes it a bit greasy

By *riel13Woman 14 weeks ago

Northampton

I sell the stuff and I am still rather suspicious tbh

By *imi_RougeWoman 14 weeks ago

Portsmouth

No... You need to do that from the inside.

Supplements etc. Folate/folic acid is great for hair growth for example and massaging the scalp to increase blood flow and promote growth.

Hair is dead... Products only coat it and make it look better.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm sure if a product claims to do something it has to actually live up to its claims. It would be false advertising otherwise. "

That's what I thought. Maybe it's one of those things that doesn't really mean anything

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"If it could surely you could reconstruct it at a molecular level to change colour and then no need to dye it?

Funny how both hair and nails are made of the same kind of stuff, but we never need to molecular reconstruct nails. "

I thought that too

Forum Mod

East Sussex

You wouldn’t think so if you looked at my hair! But I’m experimenting and it’s early days. "

Forum Mod

East Sussex

If your hair is towel dry but still damp then yes, the oil helps to seal the moisture into the hair. Castor oil is quite a hard core way to do it though and you may need to wash it out after "

Ah right. I do use mythic oil but you can leave that in

By *imi_RougeWoman 14 weeks ago

Portsmouth

It's ok for massaging into the scalp, I know you can use it sparingly on brows and lashes too.

Pickle might know, he's growing his hair.

By *aizyWoman 14 weeks ago

west midlands

It's ok for massaging into the scalp, I know you can use it sparingly on brows and lashes too.

Pickle might know, he's growing his hair. "

He's growing his beard back as well isn't he?!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I sell the stuff and I am still rather suspicious tbh"

I'm going to really listen to the advert next time it's on the telly. In case I've misheard the claim

Northampton

"If it could surely you could reconstruct it at a molecular level to change colour and then no need to dye it?

Funny how both hair and nails are made of the same kind of stuff, but we never need to molecular reconstruct nails.

I thought that too "

Opi has bought out something similar to Olaplex, just for nails... Claims are very similar at least and the woman from Opi even referred to it as Olaplex for nails

Northampton

"I sell the stuff and I am still rather suspicious tbh

I'm going to really listen to the advert next time it's on the telly. In case I've misheard the claim "

Olaplex has a patent on the technology (maybe not the right word) involved so I can only assume what they claim is true... But if you do use it, try not to too often as it can be bad... Like an overdose of protein or something... I am a sceptic about most of the hair and beauty industry, despite working in it, can you tell? lol

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm going to really listen to the advert next time it's on the telly. In case I've misheard the claim

Olaplex has a patent on the technology (maybe not the right word) involved so I can only assume what they claim is true... But if you do use it, try not to too often as it can be bad... Like an overdose of protein or something... I am a sceptic about most of the hair and beauty industry, despite working in it, can you tell? lol"

This isn't olaplex. My hairdresser uses it on me every eight weeks and I wouldn't use it in between I find it makes my hair greasy.

The stuff I've seen advertised says it's

'formulated to protect hair bonds at molecular level, leaving hair visibly healthier, regenerated from surface damage. '

So cleverly worded I'd say.

I'm very sceptical about the beauty industry too

La la land

I thought that too "

I mean you can break some of the bonds that give a protein it's shape (I do it loads in the lab). But that isn't molecular reconstruction in my opinion. If we could molecularly deconstruct protein (which is what hair is made up of) and make it work differently. I'm absolutely sure we'd be using the technology in a more beneficial way than hair care products.

La la land

Olaplex has a patent on the technology (maybe not the right word) involved so I can only assume what they claim is true... But if you do use it, try not to too often as it can be bad... Like an overdose of protein or something... I am a sceptic about most of the hair and beauty industry, despite working in it, can you tell? lol

This isn't olaplex. My hairdresser uses it on me every eight weeks and I wouldn't use it in between I find it makes my hair greasy.

'formulated to protect hair bonds at molecular level, leaving hair visibly healthier, regenerated from surface damage. '

I'm very sceptical about the beauty industry too "

What the heck is regenerated from surface damage? If that is possible it should be able to regenerate surface damage and get rid of split ends. I'll donate you some split ends and see if regenerates the protein to fix them

Forum Mod

East Sussex

What the heck is regenerated from surface damage? If that is possible it should be able to regenerate surface damage and get rid of split ends. I'll donate you some split ends and see if regenerates the protein to fix them "

I think the wording is clever in that they will claim that the use of 'visibly' implies that although it 'looks' regenerated it only appears to be.

By *haron1701DTV/TS 14 weeks ago

ormskirk

"It's a mindfield. Just like toothpastes of face creams and the like. Mostly the placebo effect

Are advertisers allowed to make such claims? "

Not sure, but Im not going to be convinced by '7% of 3 people qusetioned' type disclaimer crap usually accompanying cosmetic/ hair product adverts

Northampton

I'm very sceptical about the beauty industry too "

K18?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

K18? "

No it's the latest Pantene ad

» Add a new message to this topic